Indian Hills Golf Course.

Year Built 1986
Greens Penn-Links Bentgrass

Dress code Golf attire consisting of collared shirts, shorts or slacks, and golf shoes are preferred on the course.

First time there

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Greens were excellent. Good value, go play.

Response from on 06/28/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review and recommendation!

Frustrating day

Management was rude. I should have left , but I prepaid for the round. Greens were like concrete. Several sand traps were unplayable. Course does not have 150 yard markets. It also does not have a flag system of any kind. Basically it is impossible to know your distance unless you have a range finder. It was a complete waste of money. I played Crdar Crest the day before. It was a better course and much niicet people. My advice to Indian Hills is to water the greens and put in some yardage markers.

Response from on 06/28/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review!

Fun and challenging in particular on and around the greens. Tight fairways. Well maintained.

Response from on 06/05/2018:
We're happy to hear you enjoyed playing Indian Hills!
Response from on 06/05/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review!

Goodtimes

The greens are in excellent shape, the course is very playable.. great day for golf

Response from on 06/05/2018:
Thank you for playing Indian Hills and commenting on excellent course conditions!
Response from on 05/22/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review and course recommendation!

Getting there

Over the past two years I’d say that this is one of the most improved courses in Murfreesboro. For the most part their greens are in great shape. There are a couple that were just resodded but will come in nicely in a few months. Per the tee time I booked a free sleeve of golf balls were promised but the clubhouse knew nothing about this.

Response from on 05/16/2018:
Thank you for playing Indian Hills! We're looking forward to a great Summer season on the course.
Response from on 05/08/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review!

Save your money

This course is in ROUGH shape. Save your money. Horrible condition.

Response from on 04/30/2018:
We're sorry to hear you were not able to recommend the course at this time. Please feel free to reach out to the pro shop to discuss your experience.

Fairways need more growing time, and greens have some stressed areas

Response from on 04/23/2018:
We're sorry to hear you were not able to recommend the course at this time. Thank you for playing Indian Hills and taking time to share feedback!

Greatvalue

Great course but unfortunately the rain has been more than needed

Response from on 04/12/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review! The rain has been heavy, but the course will continue to bloom as we head into the summer season. See you soon!

Disappointed

Fairways dormant but ridiculously thin. Lots of bare lies. Better off in the rough.
Drainage issues on several greens should have been addressed when grasses were changed. Had to move ball or putt through swaths where water ruined grasses.
Maybe several warm weeks will cure the ills

Response from on 04/12/2018:
We're sorry to hear you were not able to recommend the course at this time. Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention.

Staff is always friendly and courteous when I play this course. I found the course to be in good condition considering the heavy rains the last two weeks. Pace of play was slow on the front nine due to a tournament ahead of us but improved greatly on the back nine when the the tournament ended. Service at the snack bar was quick and friendly. The layout is both fair and challenging and the sandtraps were in super condition. I will continue to play this course on a regular basis.

Response from on 04/12/2018:
Thank you for taking time to share your recommendation and rate the course 4-stars! We look forward to seeing you again for a great summer season.

Like the new Greens

Course was still wet and path only. Can’t wait until things dry out and get fast.
Will play here multiple times this year, coming from Nashville.
Play was slow due to Tourney, I realized that and played accordingly.
Great staff and always friendly!!
The new greens roll very nice and the course can play tough from the blues if they tuck some pins.
Enjoy your round

Response from on 04/12/2018:
We're happy to hear you're enjoying the new greens! Thank you for taking time to share your feedback.

mmmmmm

I have played her about 5 times or a touch more and it is a reasonable price for a reasonable course. Just a few things. We will be back, however. Most places have a driving range that can allow more than 7 people to practice especially since the T times were booked. Not sure to think about the course itself. People who live around the course had nice green yards, but the course itself was pretty wet and brown about 98% of it. Just a few greens were just ok. I kept looking at people's yards and could not understand why the course was so Brown. well be back, but something did not feel right.

Response from on 04/12/2018:
Thanks for playing Indian Hills. We hope you enjoyed your visit. I did notice your comment about the neighbors green grass and the course is still brown. Most of our neighbors have a fescue grass in their yards and the course is mostly Bermuda. Fescue grass will stay green all winter and Bermuda goes dormmate during the winter. We feel very confident that once the temperature maintains a consistent range of 75 degrees we will see the grass bloom out to the green summer colors. I hope you come visit us again.

Can be made better

First, let me say that I am very familiar with this course. Let me first give what is good and improved - the greens. The new greens are an improvement fro those in years gone by. That is about where the good ends however. My recommendation to the golf course for this year is to NOT overly saturate the ground. Due to the new irrigation system installed last year, they were running the water 24/7. If you were not walking on squishy ground you were ankle deep in clumped grass. They could not mow it fast enough. Word got out about these two grounds conditions and a lot of people stayed away as they did not want to spend $$ for water or grass. I understand the logic behind watering 24/7 however. A buddy at General Mills told me that GM dropped a cool $ 3.5 Million on the new irrigation system so as to get rid of their refuse water. He further stated that the golf course, in attempt to show and prove to General Mills that the investment was a great partnership has been letting the water run nonstop seemingly. Word of advice to course - Please do not run the water nonstop and flood the course. It was terrible last year as a result. Another suggestion - has the course ever considered what the areas around the course looks like. One reason to play a course is the beauty of the grounds surrounding. You do not sense that the course cares anything at all about the surrounding areas and thus not making this a pretty course that it could be. Examples are dead and dying trees, mounds of dirt piled up, trenches dug and never fixed back. I know projects may be ongoing, but do you ever finish a project ?? Come summer, the outlying weeds will be waist deep because you cannot maintain areas that are irrigated 24 hours a day and you cannot hire enough mowers to cut the permanently watered grass areas. Have a little balance and get this course to where it needs to be. It has been a aesthetic eyesore for too long now. My guess is that this will be deleted or fall on deaf ears but I am only trying to help see this course be all it can be. I have had generations (so to speak) play here and not so sure they would be pleased with where we are today. Hope this helps some.

Response from on 03/23/2018:
Thanks for your comments. We at Indian Hills have made many improvements over the past several years which are starting to result as one the area’s finest golf courses. I would like to reach out to you to have a discussion offline to help answer many of your comments and our continued efforts to improve our course. Please contact me via email and we can discuss further.

Greens

The greens were incredible receptive which made up for the tornadic winds we played in. There was a very heavy storm the night before, but the course was dried and we didn't hit out of any puddles at noon the following morning. The course conditions surpries me; I can see there possibly being some dead spots in the middle of summer but overall the course is great. The only negative is the amount of houses and on the front nine (which really isn't a negative). Overall, a great course for the money.

Response from on 03/21/2018:
We're happy to hear you enjoyed your rounds and the brand new greens. See you soon!

Great shape but slow pace

This course is in great shape and the greens are excellent. I just wish the course ambassador would keep a closer eye on pace of play. There was a foursome that held up the whole course. We had 2 groups ahead of us that actually left and we got stuck behind that group and it was a 15 minute wait on the final 5 holes while they looked for balls and hit multiple times. We skipped 18 because we already spent 2 1/2 hours on the back. Love the course though. Just need to keep it moving.

Response from on 03/21/2018:
We appreciate your comments on the pace of play. Thank you for the 4-star review!

sunny sunday

greens were super . rolled true and were fast Course was cart paths only. rain has fallen about 10 of 14 days, finally a weekend without rain. i gave course conditions a four star only because of this fact. The new greens are wonderful and cant wait for it to dry up a little. This course is a must play. play was a little slow due to group in front of us thought they should play from the back tees and well you know where they really should have played from. We waited almost every hole at least 1 shot.

Response from on 03/09/2018:
We're happy to hear you enjoyed your day at Indian Hills. See you soon!
Rockvale, Tennessee
Smyrna, Tennessee
College Grove, Tennessee
College Grove, Tennessee
Chapel Hill, Tennessee
Brentwood, Tennessee

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.