A view of green #18 at Indian Hills Golf Club

Indian Hills Golf Course.

Year Built 1986
Greens Penn-Links Bentgrass

Dress code Golf attire consisting of collared shirts, shorts or slacks, and golf shoes are preferred on the course.

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Recent maintenance not indicated when booking

Disappointed that the greens had recently been top dressed with sand and no mention of this condition on GolfNow or when checking in. Greens fee should have been reduced due to the condition.

We really enjoyed our time on this course. The greens were in fairly good condition even after being aerated 48hrs prior. They did give us a discount due to the recent aeration. Overall, would 100% play this course again. It would be nice to get a better course layout than what is provided on the back of the score card (it is very small). It would also be nice if each hole had an illustration at the tee box so you had an idea of what to expect.

Good Course

Play from black tees makes for better play and use more clubs. Greens are a fare challenge with good breaking putts.

A dry But overall good course greens were quick fairways were a little dry though.

Great Layout, Fun Course

I really enjoyed Indian Hills. I recently moved to Murfreesboro, and just started playing some of the local courses. Indian Hills is definitely one of the better courses in Middle Tennessee. For the price, you can't beat it! If you're thinking about trying it out, do it! The greens have a couple of bad spots, but dollar for dollar you can't beat it. Most of the greens are in great shape and have a nice roll. I'll definitely be playing Indian Hills again real soon.

Nice course, fairly challenging

Played here many times. Course is in good shape, so hot I rolled through 18 in 3 hours. Nice amenities, nice course.

Slow play but interesting layout

Almost 5 hour round, however it was 4th of July.
Course in great shape. back nine has hidden features that can bite a first timer.

Nice course, nice people, but PLEASE mark the distances

Spent WAY too much time today searching for something to tell us how far we were from the green. Some holes had concrete colored squares mid fairway but had to guess what black meant and blue etc. other holes had stripes on the cart path but if you were on the other side of the fairway couldn’t see that. They also had a scramble outing going on at the same time as our round and had closest to the pin markers o. The greens on par 3s - just kinda annoying. If they fix the marking issue and stop scheduling that way, I’d like this course!

Commented on 07/10/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Indian Hills Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Great Value! Great Staff!

Course staff extremely helpful and polite. Course is in good shape and had some fun challenging holes. If it remains in this condition or better, it will become my local "go-to" course for casual fun with friends and practice. I have already booked by second tee time!!

Worth the money

Fun course. Worth the time and money. Pace was great and everything was in good shape.

Course in great shape

Everything was great played early on a Wednesday for 31.00. Course looks better every time I play it. Staff was god and friendly and also warmed us that the had just laid sand on the greens. Only thing that was negative about the round was a couple of slow players in from that took awhile to let us get past them.

All-around solid course

The greens were rolling perfect and the fairways were as flush as they have ever been. I remember 5-6 years ago when this course had hardpan for fairways and it’s come so far since then.

Snack shop made us chicken salad sandwiches from scratch at the turn, and they were solid.

We showed up a couple minutes late for our tee time, but the guy in the pro shop was extremely kind and understanding. Can’t say enough good things about the staff.

In summation, the course has great bang for the buck and we’ll definitely be back.

Decent course for the money

The course stays busy, the pace of play on a weekend is glacial. There have been several times that I have left on 13 or 14 due to the pace of play and waiting on three or four groups ahead. They are building a new green for hole 5. Which is great because the current green is terrible, it holds water, the grass in the center is patchy or nonexistent. The first three holes and the eighth hole are parallel to the train tracks, which stay busy with train traffic due to the General Mills plant behind. The fairways and greens other than 5 are in great shape. The course holds water like a sponge so if it drizzles rain it’s cartparth only for two days afterward.

Indian Hills

Nice course although a little confusing for first timer. Not many challenges re:bunkers, etc but nice pace.

Plays Twice a year

First outing since covid

I felt very safe playing this course. We had a great time!

Nice course great value

Course was in good shape weather was perfect it was a good day. Still doing covid precautions but didn't impact the game.

Good and Bad

The Good: This course is tough. Some of the hardest greens to read in the Nashville area. Very slopey, tough pin placements. You will 3 putt here a time or two. It’s just going to happen. Course layout is fun. Lots of variety.

The Bad: Some of the greens are in unplayable shape. Two off the top of my head, 4 and 6, are just gone in the collection areas. I wouldn’t even really care, but why put the pins anywhere near these dead spots? There’s a good portion of both greens that have grass on them. Move the pins and rope off the green where it’s dead. It’s not playable.

It’s a cheaper course, so it’s still worth it for what it is. I honestly enjoy the layout. It feels like Florida somehow. Just needs some TLC on a couple greens and some more fair pin placements because of it.

Commented on 05/27/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the greens are very important to us. We are working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Indian Hills Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

COVID19 CDC Guidelines

In a short time Indian Hills Staff has seamlessly converted the golf course into a safe location, strictly and appropriately following CDC guidelines.
The course is in good shape, some greens are currently being worked on and the new maintenance crews are respectful of players playing thru work areas

Rockvale, Tennessee
Chapel Hill, Tennessee
Public/Resort
Brentwood, Tennessee

Valid dates: Jun 06, 2017 - Jun 30, 2020
Let The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee create unforgettable Georgia vacations with packages that deliver adventure-filled weekend getaways, unrivaled golf outings or romantic escapes with your significant other.