Type Private

Tucked away in the beautiful Ft. Caroline area near Jacksonville, Hidden Hills Country Club stands on a historic battleground that witnessed the fierce struggles between France and Spain and continued into golf history with searing competition during the heyday of the Greater Jacksonville Open.

The 6,892-yard private golf course, built in 1966 on an ancient sand dune, was redesigned by Arnold Palmer in 1986. Palmer's creativity helped create a championship-caliber golf course unmatched in natural beauty that makes excellent use of rare hilly terrain to create a unique Florida golf challenge. The fairways are lined with majestic pines and stately oaks, and the unpredictable greens have helped Hidden Hills gain the reputation of being one of the most challenging courses in North Florida.

Sharp doglegs, strategic placement of water hazards and putting surfaces that are mostly elevated serve up a mighty test for the low handicapper. Approaches are narrow and many of Hidden Hills Country Club's greens are well bunkered.

Hidden Hills has a rating of 74.0 from the championship tees, and the slope rating is 136.

Hidden Hills Golf Club

Year Built 1966
Architect Arnold Palmer (1986) Ed Seay (1986) Robert Walker (1986)

Fivesomes Allowed Yes, with permission only
Dress code Collared shirt req, no tanktops or cutoffs

It was my first time playing here and I really enjoyed the layout. HH is my new favorite course to play. I would have rated the experience higher however I was not to pleased with the individual at the pro shop. He was not friendly and tried to charge me almost $10.00 more than what my confirmation stated. When I brought it to his attention he stated in an unfriendly tone that's what it says here. Even when I showed him he still tried to charge me a different additional amount. Then after a back and forth exchange trying to explain to him what I owed he said again in a nasty tone then how much are you supposed to pay. When I told him the correct amount that is what he charged me. He definitely needs some additional customer service training.. Everyone else I encountered on the course were very courteous and friendly.

Only "mountain " course in jax

Haven't played there since last summer & back tee boxes are still not fixed. Greens are in great shape, & I wish all the dumb----- players in front of me , knew how to repair divots in the greens & they would be even better. Golfnow has a few deals out there, you just have to search. Toughest thing about yesterday was a 3 club wind coming out of the west, & playing into it was murder. Play it, maybe your day won't be as windy, you"ll come back, I know I will. Maybe if they give me a partime job, I can help them w/ those tee boxes!!!

don't turn on the sprinkler while I'm golfing!

on the 8th. hole about to hit my approach shot across the water when some guy decides to test the sprinkler system! of course my wedge slides across the grass instead of digging and making a divot ! ball in the water! also where is the ranger? foursome playing like they are the only ones on the course. very slow pace of play.

Commented on 03/23/2020

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Hidden Hills Golf Course!

Never disappoints!

I very much enjoyed this course yesterday. Greens and bunkers are in very good condition as are the fairways. The golf carts were very clean and ride very well. Both the Cart guy and the Pro in the golf shop were very friendly and accommodating. This course will be back on my normal weekly rotation.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Hidden Hills Golf Course!

Commented on 03/23/2020

Hi, thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Hidden Hills Golf Course and hope you'll come see us again soon.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Love a challenging golf course thats fun to play. I was a guest of a member, got to play for free.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Thank you for visiting us! We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Hidden Hills is a Fine Course to Play

Played Hidden Hills Golf Course today. Initial impressions were not good, as they ran out of golf carts and range balls. We eventually got a cart but did not get to hit any range balls before teeing off. The course was in very good shape and the pace of play was fine. Four hours and no waiting on any holes. There is a lot of water to avoid on the course. Houses line several of the fairways. Overall, Hidden Hills is a very nice course to play.

Decent...at best

This just simply doesnt deserve the very high ratings it has unless its coming from locals who play here constantly and get favorable tee times etc. It is clear there are your constant seniors that tee it up every morning and we were behind a couple of bachelor parties..At best, thats what this course is good for..retired and just need a place to play or bachelor party and you dont really care what you shoot. Greens were in good shape but the rest of the course is VERY hairy. We saw the cart girl on 2 and 17. The starter said at the turn he was going to drive the course and push the pace of play..he never came out. For $40, sure I guess that is manageable to play this place but a 4.1 rating I think is too high.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Hello, donahuescott. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give Hidden Hills Golf Course another try in the near future.

Hidden hills

Greens are dynamite but fairways should have grass.
Grass really sparse.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Hello, rgodfrey2004. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give Hidden Hills Golf Course another try in the near future.

Commented on 03/23/2020

fairways need a lot of work

everything other than the condition of the fairways was good. Greens were nice and challenging, great course design. Staff was very friendly/ polite.
The fairways were pretty poor quality...hardly any good grass anywhere. Lots of areas should be considered GUR. Need more viable grass.
Probably won't go back unless this is improved upon.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Hello, whodat16. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give Hidden Hills Golf Course another try in the near future.

Greens are great

The greens are in the best shape that I can remember, Brand new carts are very nice. Had a great time playing today.

Nice

The front nine hard and narrow but can be navigated by playing smart course management. Back nine more manageable and you can make up bad scores if needed. The fairway needs TLC, greens good shape, and traps not bad. I would play it again.

Commented on 03/23/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Hidden Hills Golf Course.

Great course, poor management.

Showed up on a very busy Sunday. Witness 2 foursomes check in and comment that they were later, minimum of 30 minutes late. Asked, can you fit us in, no problem said the gentleman behind the desk said. This put everybody at least 30 minutes behind. Ended up being a 5 and a half hour round. If you have a tee time show up or go to the next available. Management has no control and no starter to keep things organized.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Hello, u0000069009. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give Hidden Hills Golf Course another try in the near future.

Commented on 02/27/2020

Hello, Braveartone. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Hidden Hills Golf Course.

Fun New Experience

For a NE FL course, Hidden Hills is refreshingly different from the standard flat Florida course. The hills, some long and steep, provide a much different character and challenge; don't worry, there is still plenty of well placed water and the greens are certainly highly contoured at times!

The one disappointment is that the condition could be better, but having said that, I will have no hesitation in going back for more.

Request A Vacation Quote From Florida's First Coast of Golf
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Florida's First Coast of Golf will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Mayport, Florida
Atlantic Beach, Florida
Jacksonville Beach, Florida

Valid dates: Apr 04, 2020 - Sep 30, 2020
Here at Coachman's Golf Resort we pride ourselves on the high quality of magnificent golf, superb amenities and outstanding service that we offer our valued customers.