Carved from a thick forest of 60-foot pines, Eagle Harbor Golf Club was perfectly manicured to blend in seamlessly with the natural landscape while providing a formidable test for the low handicapper. The challenging layout features tight, rolling fairways lined with trees and multi-tiered greens. In addition to numerous lakes that come into play, there are also a variety of sand and grass bunkers strategically placed throughout the golf course. The club also offers a unique practice facility that features an island putting green. For the immaculate conditions and challenging round, Eagle Harbor Golf Club has quickly become a favorite among tourists and locals since opening in 1993.

Eagle Harbor Golf Course

Year Built 1993
Greens Tiff Eagle
Architect Clyde Johnston (1993) Brad Bartell

Walking Allowed Yes. For members only.

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Rough needs better managed

Layout of the course is great and fairways were in decent shape considering the amount of rain in the days leading up to my round. Rough is a bit much, lost too many balls rolling off the fairway and unable to find. Cut the rough and it’s worth the price

Groups out slow play back nine.

Still wet on the back nine. I was able to ride by some on the back As very slow. Kind man suggested I go through slow group and finished by going back to skipped holes to finish back nine. Enjoyed Kindness and golf etiquette by polite men. Enjoy this course very challenging back nine.

High Grass

The rough on majority of the holes was high. If you missed the fairway a little on either side, you have to have an eagle eye to locate your ball.

Nice Course, Tough Conditions with Above Average Rainfall

Played the course for the first time after hearing many raving reviews. Definitely a nice course and the greens were in great shape and the ball rolled nicely. The trek from tee to green was a bit disappointing, but understandable with all of the above average rains in the area. Fairways were quite damp and the Bermuda rough was a bear and deep. Lost several balls that either plugged or were nuzzled in the Bermuda and I'm talking about shots that might have been just 5ft off the fairway. This slowed down play greatly just trying to find well hit balls that should have been easily visible. This was also a problem around the greens looking for balls that just missed the green. I would suggest trying some hi-vis colored balls that might be easier to see the top of. I will wait a few months before playing again. I would imagine the fairway and rough conditions would be much improved over the drier fall and winter seasons for this course.

One other note, this is the first course I've seen since COVID concerns became rampant in March that had water on the course and no Styrofoam in the cups. It was greatly appreciated as temps were in the 90s with indexes in the 100s.

Poor Conditions

If it were possible I would have given this course a "0.0" but the staff were great.
The low score was due to the conditions of this course were so bad it was difficult to call this a course (it was a 'dog track"!). The fairways were too muddy to hit out of, the rough had grass that was 3 inches too deep...
I would never play here ever again, even if it were free.

Nice course except

Really enjoyed this course. However, the Bermuda rough was high. Made it difficult to find balls. Hitting out of the rough requires a great deal of strength. Would not recommend to Sr’s until rough is cut down

Commented on 08/10/2020

Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. Your comments and feedback are extremely important to us. We appreciate you pointing out the positive aspects of your experience, and appreciate even more your feedback on how we may improve. We place a premium on our staff’s attentiveness and diligence when it comes to each one of our customers and their individual experiences, for which we are solely responsible. We are hard at work attending to your grievances, and hope to receive the opportunity to impress you in the future.

Great course!

Eagle Harbor was a great golf experience. Super friendly staff, excellent lunch in the clubhouse, and an excellent course.
We were making a golf trip down from NC and found this little gem on Golfnow. As it turned out, I made a mistake and booked our tee time for week later than I intended. No worries though- the staff squeezed in without any problems. The negative comment, was We had to play behind some guys that weren’t “golfers” and had slow play. Nothing the staff could have done differently especially with a squeeze group. That said, we still finished a few minutes off pace. Great day.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this positive review. At Hampton Golf, we place a premium on customer satisfaction. Receiving positive feedback like yours reinforces the investments we are proud to make in our phenomenal people and systems that we hope ensure the best possible experience for our guests. Thank you again, and we look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

Good condition, poor pace

We had 2 foursomes hitting 3 balls off the tee and not letting us (twosome) play through. We skipped 2 holes to keep a 4.5 hour play time with only 2 people. No ranger on course.

Layout is good with good greens.

Commented on 08/03/2020

Commented on 08/03/2020

Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this positive review. At Hampton Golf, we place a premium on customer satisfaction. Thank you again, and we look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

Great track

First time playing here! Wow!! Fantastic layout, in incredible shape!! Pace of play was rough, as expected for a public course on a Saturday..
I’ve played most courses in the area, and I’d say the is the best course, and best value in the area!

Commented on 07/27/2020

Great golf course

I love the design of the couse.: challenging, undulated with long Par 4s and 5s, and not so easy par 3s. My favorite in the area.

Commented on 07/17/2020

Good morning,

Nice Course

There isn't much of a kitchen/wait staff, and I only saw the beverage cart twice during 18 holes. The course maintenance staff is a problem there, they have no consideration for the golfers. The never pause, are always in a rush, and will blow, cut, manicure while you are on the tee or the green, NO COURTESY AT ALL!!!

Commented on 07/17/2020

Good morning,

Hampton Golf Management

Pace could have been much faster

I was originally paired up with another 3some but a member going off as a single invited me to join him 10 min before my scheduled tee time, so we played as a 2some. The first 3 holes were very quick, then we ran into a 3 some of ladies that was being held up by the 4some in front of them. At the turn the ladies stopped to ask the pro to intervene with their slow play. Nothing happened and they had at least 2 open holes in front of them. I know 4 hours is a decent pace but when two groups could play in 3 hours and members have no courtesy to let faster players through especially in the summer heat, I’d rather play closer to my house and pay less money for the same experience. Greens are healing nicely 4 weeks after being punched, still need a few more weeks to smooth out.

Commented on 07/06/2020

Hampton Golf Management

Great course and condition. Pace of play horrendous. No marshalls. On course and we played last 14 holes behind a 5some that had joined up

Commented on 05/19/2020

Hampton Golf Management

Golf in a Corona virus world

The attendants in the pro shop wearing masks and the golf carts were very clean. They are requiring one per cart and discouraging you from pulling the flag.
The course is in very good condition fairways and tee boxes. However the greens are VERY Very fast and they should move the pin positions. The edges of almost all of the cups were ragged which made putting even more challenging. It was difficult to get puts to drop.
Over all a very enjoyable round.

Commented on 05/13/2020

Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this positive review. Your comments and feedback are extremely important to us. We appreciate you pointing out the positive aspects of your experience, and appreciate even more your feedback on how we may improve. We place a premium on our staff’s attentiveness and diligence when it comes to each one of our customers and their individual experiences, for which we are solely responsible. Thank you again, and we look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

Great Conditions

Conditions beat every public course in Jax by a mile . Great from tee to green. Greens are fast and pure. Also doing a great job maintaining CDC guidelines

Commented on 04/27/2020

Great day!

Golf course was in outstanding condition. Best greens I’ve been on in some time. No flagsticks was a bit of a challenge. Happy to be playing.

Commented on 04/27/2020

Great shape!

With this COVID situation this is an excellent activity. Course, value & layout is excellent.

Commented on 04/08/2020