Both the East Course and the West Course at Jacaranda Golf Club are four-star rated by Golf Digest. These challenging golf courses weave across a tropical landscape covered with blue lagoons, tranquil ponds, and swaying palm trees. The West Course is the shorter of the two courses but it is no less challenging. Strategy and skill, rather than length, are the determining factors on this layout. With water hazards to avoid, numerous tricky doglegs, and tight bunkering along the greensides and landing areas, this course is definitely a shot-maker's layout. The raised, sloped greens and undulating, tree-lined fairways will require some careful maneuvering. The outward nine is slightly more forgiving than the demanding inward nine, which features more boldly contoured green complexes. The challenging, yet versatile design of both golf courses has made Jacaranda one of southeast Florida's most popular golfing destinations.

Jacaranda Golf Club - West (Ft. Lauderdale)

Year Built 1971
Fairways Bermuda grass
Greens Bermuda grass
Architect Mark Mahannah (1971)

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes

19th Hole Specials 10
Playing Multiple Courses 49

5 star course

Course in great condition and we played in 3 1/2 hours. What else can we ask for? Ho, yes, bunkers with better sand and less stones

Great golf course conditions were perfect,

Conditions were perfect, fairways and greens in great shape. No complaints. Has to be among the best conditioned courses in Florida.

Commented on 10/21/2019

That's an awesome review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round.

Georgia Advisor

Pretty Course in Great Condition

This was my first time playing Jacaranda Golf Club - West Course. I had a great time and really liked the course.
The course is in excellent condition. The fairways are very wide and forgiving. The greens are smooth (for the most part due to lots of non-repaired ball marks), quick and a pleasure to putt on. I found myself fixing several ball marks on each green due to other players lack of repairing their ball marks.
The bunkers are well maintained. The only draw back is that the bunkers are full of golf-ball sized coral rocks which makes it a challenge to hit out of the bunkers.
I have never seen so many iguanas as I saw on the course. It was fun to see them running around and laying in the sun.
The carts have GPS in them which makes it nice and very helpful for someone like myself playing for the first time.
Overall, I had a great day playing golf. The course conditions were great. When I am back in the area again, I will definitely be playing Jacaranda again.

Commented on 10/21/2019

We're so glad to hear you had a great time playing Jacaranda. And thank you for repairing those ball marks! It definitely makes things easier for us. We hope you'll be back again soon.

Commented on 10/21/2019

Thank you! We hope to see you soon.

Course was in great condition.

This course is fun to play, challenging but rewarding

Commented on 10/14/2019

Great! We're glad you enjoyed the course and hope you were rewarded with lots of birdies!

Immaculate course!!

Never disappointed when I go here. Course is always in excellent shape, when I went the greens were in great shape rolled fast just how I like it. I always know I can count on Jacaranda to have their course in tip top shape.

Thank you.

Commented on 10/14/2019

Thank YOU! We appreciate you choosing Jacaranda and we hope you'll be back soon.

Absolutely beautiful course!

First time playing this course. Will definitely be back soon!

Commented on 10/14/2019

We're so glad you were able to play us for the firs time and thrilled to know you'll be back.

Beautiful course

The greens are well kept the fairways are like walking on carpet. It's also a somewhat challenging course. Overall great place to golf.

Commented on 10/14/2019

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are happy to hear you enjoy the club.

Love this course

This course is always consistently in great shape! Both tracks are solid but I like the west more.

Commented on 10/14/2019

Thank you! The West is definitely a local favorite. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 10/14/2019

Thank you for choosing Jacaranda! See you soon.

well maintained course

we had a great day playing golf today. conditions were great, weather and otherwise. We had to wait a bit on the front 9 but moved along the back 9. looking forward to playing there again.

Commented on 10/14/2019

We are happy to hear you had a great day at Jacaranda. Thank you for your patience during the front 9!

High hopes

Thought this course would be stunning with the price you pay. Unfortunately it was bad experience from start to finish. Course was wet, slow play , almost got hit by following group with no remorse!. Would not play again
Slow play, bad management, bunkers with big rocks, greens in ok shape.

Commented on 10/14/2019

We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with your visit to Jacaranda. This is not something we hear very frequently and I assure you we take your experience very seriously. We hope you'll give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Bait and switch

We were booked on the West Course. Upon arrival we were told the West course was closed and we were moved to the East Course. Had we known we would have gone somewhere else. The course was overloaded with as many as 6 1240 pm tee slots. Play was very slow. We lost tempo and interest due to the wait at each tee box.

Bunkers are not churned so playing in them is like hitting out of a concrete parking lot. Not what you would expect in this kind of club. They say its due to the recent rain. This has been the state for the past 2 months

The west course is all we come for. The East course is what one might classify as an enhanced dog track.

Commented on 09/09/2019

We are sorry to hear you were disappointed in your most recent visit to Jacaranda. Unexpectedly we did have to close the West Course and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We hope to see you again soon.

Awesome layout

I’ve played this course quite a bit and am always impressed with the course condition. I only rate the course condition at 3 because it had rained recently and it was soggy with cart path only. It was so wet there were spots on the course that i could not walk. I’m going to say this is one of the best course in south Florida private or public.

Commented on 10/21/2019

We're happy to hear you enjoy Jacaranda but sorry to hear the weather kept us for a 5 star rating. Please come back soon!

Country Club Like

Great great course and value. One of the S Florida courses you need to play.

Commented on 08/14/2019

Thank you! We strive to make private club amenities available to the public golfer! We hope to provide you with a 5 star experience in the future.

Hot Deal from Golf Now

Awesome course to play. Well maintained and fairways are like carpet. Very good value.

Commented on 08/14/2019

We're so happy to hear you enjoyed the course! See you soon.

Enjoyable overall

I would rate this at 3.5 overall. The greens were still suffering following recent maintenance and the indentations on the greens played a major role in putting. I would have waited to play there if I had known about the state of the greens. Give them another couple of weeks and I am sure they will be good. The course was quite empty, probably due locals knowing about the greens. The layout is nice enough and the staff were friendly. As a hot deal this represented OK value for money, but had I paid more, I would have felt ripped off.

Commented on 07/22/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review. We work very hard to let all of our customers know about any necessary maintenance work being performed over the summer. We apologize if you were unaware and we hope to see you back soon.

Worse - Much Worse

Played behind a 5 some all day to a 5 plus hr round. Told the ranger 3 times but they were either his friends or paid him very well. Called the pro shops and mentioned it at the turn. Twice, they would break up for 1/2 a hole and then rejoin.
The traps are the worst I ever seen. Mesh exposed on most holes and rocks that are going to really hurt someone. Why they take the bottom up the sides so a shot one foot from the green gets submerged under 6+ inches of sand is insane.
And generally, the rest of the course has dropped from its previous 5 star rating down to a 3.5.
It’s well overpriced.

Commented on 07/22/2019

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience at Jacaranda. We are certainly disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your visit. We do not allow fivesomes on the course at any time and we will be sure to address this issue with our staff. We are working very hard to get renovations approved for new bunkers on the courses. We sincerely hope to have you back at Jacaranda soon.

Excelent course but greens aired

We booked through Golfnow and when we got there the greens were aired. Despite of that, west course is excelente.

Commented on 07/22/2019

Thank you for your review. We try to inform everyone about the greens in advance, and we post the aerification dates on our website as well. In some cases we don't have access to your contact information and we apologize that you did not have advanced notice.

Wait a Month

Second time on the west course - great track, tees played increase the challenge, beautiful course and a great staff all the way around, The ding, and why I didn’t rate higher, is that it would have been nice to know that the greens had recently been aerated and sanded.. the two putt rule in place.

Commented on 06/24/2019

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We try very hard to let everyone know in advance when we're performing maintenance on the courses. We're sorry you weren't aware of that and we sincerely hope to see you again soon.

Davie, Florida