West at Jacaranda Golf Club

4.5204882353 4.5 stars from 5 (573)

Metal spikes allowed: Yes

4 72 5584 yards 67.6 118
4 (W) 72 5584 yards 72.7 126
5 72 5026 yards 64.8 113
5 (W) 72 5026 yards 69.5 117

Both the East Course and the West Course at Jacaranda Golf Club are four-star rated by Golf Digest. These challenging golf courses weave across a tropical landscape covered with blue lagoons, tranquil ponds, and swaying palm trees. The West Course is the shorter of the two courses but it is no less challenging. Strategy and skill, rather than length, are the determining factors on this layout. With water hazards to avoid, numerous tricky doglegs, and tight bunkering along the greensides and landing areas, this course is definitely a shot-maker's layout. The raised, sloped greens and undulating, tree-lined fairways will require some careful maneuvering. The outward nine is slightly more forgiving than the demanding inward nine, which features more boldly contoured green complexes. The challenging, yet versatile design of both golf courses has made Jacaranda one of southeast Florida's most popular golfing destinations.

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive near the airport   Great for advanced golfers playing multiple courses locals   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks brunch 19th hole specials

"Solid layout"

DaveLaMont's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/28/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

This is the less hyped cousin of the East course, but I like it. Fairways, despite rain during the week, were in excellent shape. I would've given the course a higher rating, but the greens had recently been punched and were a bit lacking. They should come back nicely. Solid layout.

Commented on 07/02/2018

Thank you for taking the time to review the West Golf Course. Many locals and members do prefer it to the East and we often find ourselves defending the "little sister." We are so glad to hear you enjoyed it and hope you have an opportunity to play again once the greens have had a chance to heal.

"Very enjoyable experience"

elevy17's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/25/2018

Good course, good conditions, good people, will definitely go back again!

Commented on 06/28/2018

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad you had an enjoyable experience and look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Good layout."

Happytime's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2018

Sadly we got suckered by GolfNow. No mention of the greens being freshly punched. Felt like we overpaid by a good bit. Next time I use the app I'll call the course first to check on the condition. Lesson learned. Much cheaper course to play in better condition in the area.

Commented on 06/28/2018

We're so sorry to hear you felt that you were "suckered." This is the time of year that most courses are aerifying and we always spread out that necessary maintenance between the two golf courses. We are discussing different ways to inform our customers of this maintenance in advance. Please visit the calendar on the website for future maintenance dates. We hope to see you again soon.

moskowic's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/23/2018

Commented on 06/25/2018

We appreciate you taking the time to rate Jacaranda. If you'd like to share more about your experience please contact Kasey@jacarandagolfclub.com.

"Pros and cons of Jacaranda"

hockislife1433's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/23/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

This course is generally always fun to play but for the price I paid I would expect to be notified of the course being aerated in the 2-3 weeks prior to playing. Seeing as how this is South Florida and there are a ton of golf courses I would have simply played someplace else on the one day I get to play per week. The course itself is in great shape but with punched greens it was pointless putting and basically dumb luck if you made even a moderate length putt. The other two things that are frustrating about this course is that they 1) put rocks in the bunkers. Not just waste areas or fairway bunkers but green side bunkers as well. Im not a pro and cant replace my wedge for free because some genius thought that a rock wont ruin your wedge. The other thing is they charge $10 dollars for range balls. A bit much when they recently killed off all the grass on the range and your essentially hitting off dirt. Even when the range is in good shape, $10 for 20 balls is a joke.

Don't get me wrong, the course is enjoyable and yes I'll play there again but these things are frustrating. My recommendation is to call the course to see if they are aerating (because their prices wont go down) and move rocks/pebbles if you end up in a green side bunker.

Commented on 06/25/2018

We sincerely appreciate the feedback. We have been discussing ways to inform guests prior to arrival that the courses have been aerified. With the increasing number of rounds being booked online this has become more difficult to communicate. We will be posting those aerification dates on the Event Calendar of our website moving forward. We assure you we do not place rocks in our bunkers. Unfortunately rocks can come up from underneath the soil and we're sorry you experienced that during your round. While a bucket of range balls is $10, you receive 40-45 balls and we do offer discounts if you purchase multiple buckets. We are glad to know that in spite of these constructive criticisms you still enjoy playing Jacaranda and recommend it to other golfers. We are grateful for that and look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Great course"

kdest001's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2018

Always enjoy playing this course. Fairways and greens are very clean. It is shorter than the east but demands a bit more thought to get around with a decent score. Ball placement off the tee is very important and makes it challenging. Still fun for longer players, used a lot more irons and woods off the tee. They said they were just about to punch the greens so may be done already.

The only problem with the course is the bunkers. They might be under repair because every one had tons of stones in it and not very much sand. It had rained a lot the last few weeks before I played so I'm sure that had something to do with the lack of sand but it's no excuse for the stones.

Great course as always. Will be back.

Commented on 06/25/2018

Thank you so much for the thorough review. You described Jacaranda's West Course perfectly! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Perfect Conditions"

wbosborne's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Perfect conditions everywhere. Love this course!!!

Commented on 06/08/2018

Well that's what we like to here! We're glad you found the course to be in perfect condition and hope you'll be back to enjoy it again soon.

"Excellent as always"

olinickr's avatar
Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2018

Jacaranda is the go-to course in the West Broward Area. I will admit, I have not played Plantation Preserve but that's because I stick to GolfNow. If you can get a time under $45, it's a steal. $45-60 is still well worth it. This time of year, anything over 60 (for locals), then the course has the advantage. For tourists, anything under $80 you should book now!

Commented on 06/06/2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate and review Jacaranda. It's great to hear how much you enjoy the club and we're glad you've scored some good rates on Golf Now. We hope you know about that Jacaranda SCORE! Card that will allow you to play ALL summer for $35! Check it out next time you're at the club.

"Very nice course"

bgmjm543's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2018

I took three of my friends to golf there and we really had a great time. The staff was super friendly and accommodating. We would definitely return.

Commented on 06/06/2018

We are so glad to hear you had a great time at Jacaranda! We strive to provide the BEST customer service in the area and it's always nice to know when we achieve this. See you soon!

"Beautiful course"

BrianStraub502's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/24/2018

This course is very nice. Beautiful course with some picturesque holes. The course is very well maintained. Greens in excellent shape and well raked bunkers. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed this course. One guy I played with from Boston said he always plays this course when he comes to South Florida and described it as one of the top courses in the area. Overall, I really enjoyed playing this course. It was challenging, but good for all golfer levels. I highly recommend this course.

Commented on 06/08/2018

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about Jacaranda. We appreciate the kind feedback and hope you will be back to play again soon.

"Consistent condiitions and service"

salbate's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Scheduled to play West Course.Heavy rain day before made it unplayable but east was open and had no problem gtting out. Cart path only however. Conditions were quite good, including greens.. Always a pleasure to play here when i am in the area.

Commented on 05/24/2018

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. Consistency is something we strive to accomplish and it's great to know when a guest recognizes this! We hope you see you soon so we can turn those 4 stars into 5!

"As always, great conditions."

Lars64's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2018

Always play this course while I'm in Ft Lauderdale area. Really like the layout. Perfect fairways, and days greens.

Commented on 05/14/2018

We are so glad to hear that you always play Jacaranda when you're in the area. We appreciate the great comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Delorean626's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2018

Commented on 05/04/2018

Thank you for taking the time to rate Jacaranda. We hope to provide you with a 5 star experience in the future.

"First round at this course"

rb030557's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2018

Will definitely return here. A beautiful and manicured course. All staff very pleasant and we thoroughly enjoyed our experience.

Commented on 05/04/2018

Thank you for the great review! We are so glad you enjoyed your round and look forward to seeing you again soon.

"The course was in great shape!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2018

Loved the course & layout. Fairways & greens were in excellent shape

Commented on 05/04/2018

We are so glad you loved Jacaranda! Please come visit us again soon.

"Best value for money"

Lars2431251's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2018

Time after time this course delivers, West or East does not matter. Well maintained cource and friendly staff.

Commented on 05/04/2018

Wow! Thank you so much for the kind words. We look forward to continuing to deliver for you and your friends.

None's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2018

Commented on 05/01/2018

We're sorry to see that you only felt Jacaranda was worthy of 3 stars. If you have time to provide more information please email us at Kasey@jacarandagolfclub.com

"Course challenging but fair"

celawrencee's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2018

The course was in great shape and the greens were true. Unfortunately, we were rained out at 16 on the West Course, but thoroughly enjoyed the experience despite the weather.

The staff were friendly and accommodating.

We would definitely revisit.

Commented on 05/01/2018

We are so glad you enjoyed Jacaranda and we hope you have the opportunity to play the West Course soon! Thank you for posting a review.

cjmelfi's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2018

"Felt like a pro"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2018

I've only been golfing for 3 years but this course goes down as the best I've played on so far. Beautiful course in incredible shape. I really felt privileged to play here!

Commented on 05/01/2018

What a wonderful thing to say! Thank you so much for that great review. Please come see us again soon.