Both the East Course and the West Course at Jacaranda Golf Club are four-star rated by Golf Digest. These challenging golf courses weave across a tropical landscape covered with blue lagoons, tranquil ponds, and swaying palm trees. The West Course is the shorter of the two courses but it is no less challenging. Strategy and skill, rather than length, are the determining factors on this layout. With water hazards to avoid, numerous tricky doglegs, and tight bunkering along the greensides and landing areas, this course is definitely a shot-maker's layout. The raised, sloped greens and undulating, tree-lined fairways will require some careful maneuvering. The outward nine is slightly more forgiving than the demanding inward nine, which features more boldly contoured green complexes. The challenging, yet versatile design of both golf courses has made Jacaranda one of southeast Florida's most popular golfing destinations.

Jacaranda Golf Club - West (Ft. Lauderdale)

Year Built 1971
Fairways Bermuda grass
Greens Bermuda grass
Architect Mark Mahannah (1971)

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes

19th Hole Specials 10
Playing Multiple Courses 49

Enjoyable overall

I would rate this at 3.5 overall. The greens were still suffering following recent maintenance and the indentations on the greens played a major role in putting. I would have waited to play there if I had known about the state of the greens. Give them another couple of weeks and I am sure they will be good. The course was quite empty, probably due locals knowing about the greens. The layout is nice enough and the staff were friendly. As a hot deal this represented OK value for money, but had I paid more, I would have felt ripped off.

Commented on 07/22/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review. We work very hard to let all of our customers know about any necessary maintenance work being performed over the summer. We apologize if you were unaware and we hope to see you back soon.

Worse - Much Worse

Played behind a 5 some all day to a 5 plus hr round. Told the ranger 3 times but they were either his friends or paid him very well. Called the pro shops and mentioned it at the turn. Twice, they would break up for 1/2 a hole and then rejoin.
The traps are the worst I ever seen. Mesh exposed on most holes and rocks that are going to really hurt someone. Why they take the bottom up the sides so a shot one foot from the green gets submerged under 6+ inches of sand is insane.
And generally, the rest of the course has dropped from its previous 5 star rating down to a 3.5.
It’s well overpriced.

Commented on 07/22/2019

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience at Jacaranda. We are certainly disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your visit. We do not allow fivesomes on the course at any time and we will be sure to address this issue with our staff. We are working very hard to get renovations approved for new bunkers on the courses. We sincerely hope to have you back at Jacaranda soon.

Excelent course but greens aired

We booked through Golfnow and when we got there the greens were aired. Despite of that, west course is excelente.

Commented on 07/22/2019

Thank you for your review. We try to inform everyone about the greens in advance, and we post the aerification dates on our website as well. In some cases we don't have access to your contact information and we apologize that you did not have advanced notice.

Wait a Month

Second time on the west course - great track, tees played increase the challenge, beautiful course and a great staff all the way around, The ding, and why I didn’t rate higher, is that it would have been nice to know that the greens had recently been aerated and sanded.. the two putt rule in place.

Commented on 06/24/2019

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We try very hard to let everyone know in advance when we're performing maintenance on the courses. We're sorry you weren't aware of that and we sincerely hope to see you again soon.

West course- best in South Florida, right now....

Played today; Fairways, greens, and tee boxes all in immaculate shape. Only issue I had was a lot of the water coolers out on the course were empty- not a good look on a hot day. Over the last week I’ve played PGA National (Fazio) Trump (Gold), Emerald Hill’s, and Biltmore but Jacaranda is in better shape than all of them.

Commented on 06/24/2019

Thank you! We're so glad you enjoy Jacaranda but sincerely apologize about the lack of water available. We will address that immediately. See you soon!

I have played Jacaranda many times before. It’s always in great condition even in the dry months. The greens were a bit slower than usual it might be all the rain we have had lately. Course layout is great. I would play Again there anytime.

Commented on 06/24/2019

Thank you so much for the great review. It has been a wet month so far so the greens may be a little slower than you're used to here. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 06/24/2019

Thanks so much for the Excellent rating. See you soon!

Commented on 06/24/2019

We sincerely appreciate the 5 star rating and look forward to seeing you again.

Commented on 05/25/2019

We're happy to know you found us deserving of a 5 star rating. See you soon!

Great round

We were the first tee time off so pace of play was not an issue. Course was in very good shape, fairways were plush and greens were smooth and relatively quick. Will definitely play again.

Commented on 05/25/2019

Awesome! Thank you for sharing and we'll see you next time.

One of my favorites

It's rare to find a course where every club in the bag gets used, but that was the case Sunday. If you are not familiar with the West, false fronts abound and many of the green side bunkers are very difficult to get out of because of high lips. Fairway conditions were very very good. This, despite my hacking through the rounds, remains very high on my list for Broward County tracks.
Only one disappointment, too many pebbles and rocks in the traps. (Of course I could have avoided that but I am a 15 handicapper after all)

Commented on 05/25/2019

We're honored to be on your list of faves! Thank you for sharing the excellent review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great Conditions, not great arrival process

First time playing Jacaranda (West).

First asked upon arrival if I was with the tournament. When I replied no, I was given no further direction. No one asked if I knew where I was going or told me what to do. When I got in the pro shop they were prepared for my arrival and recognized me by name. I was asked if I wanted range balls then sent back to get my cart. More paositive interaction for sure.

Then I got my cart, no one again told me where to go. Once directed to starter booth, I went there and no one was present. After a few minutes someone showed up, “checked me in” and told me I’d be playing with someone else. Ok, but he handed range balls and said nothing about where to go or what to do when finished warming up. After. I asked he directed me to the half of the range that was open and told me to come back to him after hitting. After I returned, I was just told to go to the first tee. Then the ranger there (normally id call him a starter but ok) rudely told me to give him my cart and ride with someone else. It wa how he told me to do it that wa SOO out of line. It was like I stole a cart from somewhere and got caught.

As for the course, good layout, really good conditions the day I played. I’d play again and have a better impression since I wouldn’t have to ask where to go for everything. Also, range balls should be included ANYWHERE that charges $90 a round.

Commented on 05/25/2019

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post about your visit to Jacaranda. We will definitely address these issues so future first time guests do not experience the same issues. We apologize for that but we are very glad to hear you enjoyed your round. We truly hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 05/25/2019

Thank you! We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 05/25/2019

Thank you for the excellent rating! See you soon!

Commented on 05/25/2019

Thank you for taking the time to rate the West Golf Course. We will see you soon!

Commented on 05/25/2019

Thank you so much for the excellent rating. See you soon!

great day

We were paired with two gentlemen from UK and had a great day. Greens rolled true and a slight wind presented some challenges. Amenities were great and staff was friendly and helpful.

Commented on 04/22/2019

Awesome! We're so glad you had a great day at Jacaranda and we look forward to your next visit.

Commented on 04/22/2019

Thank you for awarding us with 5 stars! We hope to see you again soon.

Great little track, but slow

Other than the barefoot guy in front of us, a good if slow round. Course in great shape, modern carts. The #3 tees play short so if you hit the ball a good ways, play off the #2’s.

Commented on 04/14/2019

We're sorry the pace was a little slow on the day you played. Despite that, we sincerely appreciate the 5 star review! We hope to see you soon.

Great

Excellent conditions, tee box, fairways are plush. Other courses in the area do not compare. Well worth the extra money.

Commented on 04/14/2019

Thank you so much! We're glad you enjoy Jacaranda and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Davie, Florida