Style Links
Crooked Cat: Orange County National

Year Built 1998
Greens Champions Bermuda Ultra Dwarf Turf Grass

Practice Hole Yes

Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

Playing Multiple Courses 94

Course was in Great Shape!

This was the first time playing this course. The course was in excellent condition: tee boxes, fairways, sandtraps and greens for January. It's a darn same the weather did not cooperate. We teed off at 10:12 and it was 43* and VERY WINDY. It was supposed to warm up to the low 60s yet only reached 52*. I was paired with a twosome and another single and they were great; we had a great pace for a 4 hour round.. I'd like to play the course again in good weather; and I'd probably play from the White Tees to reach some of the longer Par 4s..
Play Crooked Cat and Enjoy!

Response from on 01/24/2020:
Thank you for your 5-star review! We here at Orange County National appreciate our guests taking the time to tell us about their experience! We look forward to seeing you out again very soon!

Don’t go during a demo day

I’ve played this excellent championship course many times and it’s always been a pleasure until today. There was a demo day going on and the course did not reserve parking for the paying customers. This meant finding parking off site and being shuttled or a long walk back to the course. Their attitude did not help matters as they were no at all sympathetic to our plight. For $125 they should have notified us upfront when making tee times that this would be an exceptionally busy and hectic day. To boot, there was a foursome in front of us that were playing the wrong tees and could barely reach the next set of tees at times. The round took 4 hours 45 minutes besides the 15-20 ride/walk to retrieve the car! Totally unacceptable customer service.

Response from on 01/24/2020:
Thank you for your feedback! We here at Orange County National are proud of the steps we have taken to enhance the player experience with our new pace of play policy. However, we clearly missed the mark on that day. Please email rtaylor@ocngolf.com so that we can resolve this matter with you. - OCN Management

Awesome course - slow play

Have played course many times and continue to fully enjoy. Front very fast play. Back nine busier and slow. Still recommend course as a “Must Play” if in the area.

Response from on 01/24/2020:

We got out early and moved through in no time. The course was in really nice shape. Some greens had been sanded, but not overly done, so they rolled really smooth. Pin placements were challenging, but that was great. The course has many good holes penalizing only for errors. We will play Panther Lakes tomorrow.

Two Great Courses & Practice Facilities

I played Crooked Cat. Greens were slick and true. Fairways not too tight and with plenty of grass. I love that the tees are level. Seems a little thing; but matters a lot. Plus there's a bunch of tee options so perfect whether a high handicapper or Tour player.

What I love about both the courses here is that you remember the holes. They are all different. The 12th on Crooked Cat and 9th at Panther would be in my top 18 in the state.

I also visit the PlaneSWING Academy that is based here.

Place to play

First time at course was excellent. Highly recommend. Well maintained and greens were lightning fast but true. High handicap and play the white tees around 6000 yards provided plenty of challenge without punishing me. Can’t wait to try Panther course.

Very nice

Excellent course with enough of a challenge to make you pay attention. More traps than we are accustomed to playing and the only drawback was that many of the traps were pretty thin in 5he sand department. Overall I am very much looking forward to playing here again

Pro tournament practice round

My son and I drove 4 hours to play this course. We were greeted with a practice green full of young professionals practicing for a tournament the next day. These pros filled the course taking all day for each shot. We had a foursome of men playing junior tees behind us who hit into us repeatedly. It was hurry up then wait all day. Great course, great conditions. I just felt ripped off due to the course not letting us know that we would watch 23/24 year old post college golf bums hit practice putts, chips, bunker shots over and over around the greens. 4 hours and 20 minutes when you shoot 70 is awful for pace. These pros are the ones ruining the game. OCN BE HONEST!!! Panther Lake was not full of pros practicing.

Crooked Cat GC

Wonderful golf course,great pace of play,great condition
Can’t recommend it enough

Golf

Fun time. Course is in good condition. Pace of play was poor; had to wait on every shot.

Awesome Shape

Played here many times and it is in fantastic shape. Rough is longer than normal and greens are very nice

Money well spent

Course over seeded-Very green. well trapped. Lots of tees to play from, depending on your skill level..Greens roll smooth and quick.

Response from on 01/03/2020:
Thank you for taking the time to review Orange County National! We hope to see you again soon so we can earn the chance to get 5 stars!

Always a great time on the Crooked Cat. Beautiful as always.

OCN Crooked Cat is a must play in Orlando

Course was in a mint condition despite all the rain they had in past weeks. Greens were rolling true.I have been playing golf in Orlando area for the past 20 years and OCN Crooked Cat and the entire OCN complex is my favorite destination. You can spend hours on short game practice area. Be prepared to spend a whole day. You’ll love it!

Great Day-Great Course

Course conditions were great as Q School was earlier in the week. Pace of play was also great. Greens were slow though.

Response from on 01/03/2020:

Challenging, yet not impossible. Good for all level of play. Very enjoyable course.

Response from on 01/03/2020:

we had a tee time to play this course we checked in and when reached the tee deck we were told that there’s a tournament all day and were sent to play Panther Lake. It was disappointing because two days earlier we had played there. Don’t know why the tee time was given to us if there was a tournament.

Winter Garden, Florida
Windermere, Florida
Winter Garden, Florida
Kissimmee, Florida

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.