Style Links
Crooked Cat: Orange County National

Year Built 1998
Greens Champions Bermuda Ultra Dwarf Turf Grass

Practice Hole Yes

Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

Playing Multiple Courses 93

Visitor from Scotland

Facilities and the price I got on golf now for my round of golf was excellent, course just getting better after maintence time. Food and staff in clubhouse excellent very welcoming. Poorly stocked professional shop for how big it is and shop staff don't seem very interested in there Job. But glad the course was good, as I was going to first tee not looking forward to round ahead

Crooked Cat

One of my favorites. Great layout. Challenging holes. Near Disney. A must play.

One of the best muni’s in Florida

We came here on many recommendations from the guys on GolfWRX.
Course is in great condition, even though the greens are recovering from August maintenance. The layout was awesome. We did not expect elevation changes, being used to playing in Palm Beach Gardens. It was a great reminder of our courses on Long Island! Pace of play was 4 hrs as we had two foursomes in front who were not very good. So things moved along nicely.
Nice carts with great lumbar support!!
We also got complimentary lunch and beer, all for $55.
Will be back as we regularly do Disney golf a few times a year.

Played Crooked Cat and it lived up to the hype. I had a great time playing this course! We return next time I'm in Orlando.

Great course, great amenities, friendly staff!

Crooked Cat is a must play if you are in the Orlando area. This course is well maintained and just fun to play! There are only about 3 or 4 holes that have water involved, but for the most part this course is water free! As this is a links style course, there are plenty of fairway and greenside bunkers. The course is wide open as well so swing away!

There are nice bathroom facilities on each 9 and we saw the cart girl 4 times during our round. Orange County National has a fantastic range and practice facility. Big pro shop and nice clubhouse.

The greens did look like they had recently been worked on as they were sandy looking. They rolled great and did not affect our play. Everything else is beautiful!

Always nice

Definitely not looking as nice as it used to and also the greens were kinda bumpy and unstable but I think they had done something recently with the greens. Overall it’s nice.

Course is great, most of the staff is helpful and courteous. A couple guys checking you in need some people skills.

My favorite courses in the Orlando area.

Response from Orange County National Golf Center & Lodge on 08/09/2019:
Thank you for taking the time to review Orange County National! We hope to see you again soon so we can earn the chance to get 5 stars!

Do not rent clubs!

My wife and I flew to FL to visit with our family. We only brought my clubs with us. We found a great deal to play Crooked Cat on Golf Now. When we got to the course, we went inside to check-in, buy a Gatorade, and rent a set of woman’s clubs. The cashier in the clubhouse says “that will be $72”. I responded “I already paid for the golf tee time online”. He informed me that the $72 was for the golf club rental and the Gatorade. After a military discount this came down to $65 which I did appreciate. However, I have never spent this much money on rental clubs, many courses I have played have given them to my wife for free even. I feel like everything sold in the club house is very overpriced as well.

The course was in pretty rough shape. Cups were not cut clean; the edges were collapsing. Many spots along this course were under repair or had patches of sod installed. Was not as impressed as I was hoping to be, especially with all the rain that FL has received lately.

Georgia Advisor

Great Course - Average Conditions

This my first time playing Crooked Cat at Orange County National. I had read and heard great things about Orange County National.

I loved the layout of the course. Holes were fun, challenging and had lots of variety. Course was just in average condition. Many of the tee boxes had lots of bare dart and and were burned up from the summer heat. There were lots of bare spots and dirt areas in the fairways. I was very surprised of the average conditions on the course.
On the other hand, the greens were in great condition. The greens were lush, smooth and rolled true.
The fairways were wide and it was very open. .
The starter let us tee off on #10 since there were several groups backed up on #1. It was great because when we got around to #1, there was no wait at all and we were about to play quick. The starter and ALL the people I encountered at the course were super nice, friendly and helpful.
Overall, great course and great value. The practice facilities and fantastic.

Great golf course

I love the condition, layout, elevation and the professionalism the way the course run.

Response from Orange County National Golf Center & Lodge on 08/16/2019:
Thank you for your 5-star review! We here at Orange County National appreciate our guests taking the time to tell us about their experience! We look forward to seeing you out again very soon!

Lovely

Quite a nice course.

Good layout. Relatively open but many bunkers. The teeing areas were in very good shape. The fairways do not have the usual Florida grass but something that looked Northern. The grass in the rough was thick but fair. Another “Northern” looking grass. It is penal, as it should be. The greens had been stripe aerated some time ago but it showed. They were not fast but it was easy to adjust to them. Very puttable.

The staff was quite welcoming and very helpful. When we called about a group that jumped in at 20 hole, the office sent someone out immediately. The on course ranger also was on the case. They didn’t push the group back but did watch it. That group had been slow on the front as well. They stopped to get a bite and then just hopped right in. Stayed slow as well.

One odd note. The course is not on the GHIN system.

Great layout

Great layout and course in good condition.for mid July. Some of the starters were less than friendly but overall would definitely play again

Crooked Cat

Great layout with challenging holes. Well maintained. Superb practice facilities. A must play in the Disney area.

Still holds up

Course holds up, tee boxes are a little cooked on Crooked Cat, but it’s to be expected with the heat. Challenging, fun, and there’s some shade. Greens are rolling true too! For the price (Orange County resident) play it.

Solid pick

Had the chance to get out here last week at 4pm and got in all 18 holes with storms swirling around but never getting close to us. Felt like stealing! We played fast golf, thinking that our round could end any minute, so I wasn't exactly savoring architecture or details. We played through one foursome but frankly they were playing at a nice pace too. It was a nice layout with some unexpected roll to the land. I think Panther Lake, which I also played once a few years ago, is probably a little better overall if you can only play one course at OCN. But both are solid and the deal we got for challenging mother nature was unreal.

Just how rare do golfers play in the summer afternoons in Florida? When we finished at 7pm the clubhouse was closed and locked up. Couldn't even use the rest room. Coming from someone who grew up in Michigan, that's wild.

Orange County National

This was my first time playing the course. We teed off at 3:57, weather was perfect. Course seemed to be in great condition. Fairways were wide and it was pretty open. I'm not the best golfer by any means and I didn't lose my first ball till #9. There was nobody out there except a foursome a few holes in front of us that we eventually caught up to, and they let us play through. Only complaint is that the cart path was very far from the greens. If you forget your putter, get ready for a bit of a hike back to your cart, but overall, great course.

4.2041
Winter Garden, Florida
Windermere, Florida
Winter Garden, Florida

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.