Northern California's San Juan Oaks Golf Club is located halfway between the Silicon Valley and Monterey Peninsula off Highway 101 near the historic town of San Juan Bautista in Hollister. Opened in 1996, the 18-hole golf course is Fred Couples' first signature design in California and features five sets of tees for varying skill levels. It's also home to "Club Boom Boom," a popular junior teaching program. On top of the golf course, San Juan Oaks is known especially for its elaborate facilities including banquet rooms and patios for group outings, as well as driving range and practice greens.

San Juan Oaks Golf Club

Year Built 1996
Fairways Blue Grass
Greens Blue Grass
Architect Fred Couples (1996) Gene Bates (1996) Kipp Schulties (1996)

Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in California (2016 #13) (2015 #15)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Pace of Play in the U.S. (2016 #23)

Excellent Experience

Great course, excellent staff---very professional and friendly. Paul at the cart barn went out of his way to assist even though there was sign demand that day. Well done!

Commented on 09/22/2020

Hi stevemcgillin. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at San Juan Oaks Golf Club!

Grounds are in excellent condition. We didn’t finish the course because after 5 1/2 hrs we were on hole 14, the cart was running out of battery power, the sun was going down and we were getting cold. The pace was excruciatingly slow.

Commented on 09/22/2020

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Fun course

I like this course because it’s very woman friendly with the red tee boxes up quite a ways.
We play here a lot but this was the first time that the course was way too wet. Maybe because it had been so hot the last week but it was extremely wet this time. Back nice was better because it had dried out.
Love playing this course though.

Commented on 09/11/2020

Hi u169462426. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing San Juan Oaks Golf Club.

Great course for good golfers

I’m a single handicap player and San Juan oaks gave me a challenge pulse it was a 111 degrees out so very hard to feel comfortable. I ended up shooting a 82 for the first time in 20 rounds I was over 80 just have to hit fairways and make sure not to take penalties. I did have a problem on two or three holes where my ball landed in fairways on great drives as rolled into the rough that was at least 4-6 inches and had a hard time finding my balls on two of them I could not and I felt like I got robbed because my drives were in fairway and it rolled into some rough that should not be that long . I play again Thursday and am going to get redemption

Commented on 09/09/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us u314160402437. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. San Juan Oaks Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 09/08/2020

Hello, ChrisC2020. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Slow weekend play

Nothing ruins a round of golf more than slow play. Foursome in front of us were less than intermediate players and they were playing from the back tees. Their shots were all over the place causing delay after delay looking for lost balls, playing from unplayable lies, taking multiple tee shots, etc. Never saw a marshall on the course to remedy situation

Commented on 09/02/2020

Pace of play

Although very busy day...the pace of play. Did move along

Commented on 08/31/2020

Hello, chicanogolf. Thank you for reviewing the course. We're glad you found the pace of play during your round excellent. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We are glad to see you also rated the course conditions and our staff to be great during your game. Thank you for playing San Juan Oaks Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 08/31/2020

Hi, Qiang7076931. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at San Juan Oaks Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 08/27/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314159953390! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing San Juan Oaks Golf Club!

good times

I really like this course. A few of the bunkers need to be replace/redone. Otherwise, the course is in good condition. It is a 30 min drive for me since it is outside of the city but it is nice and quiet. It is not over crowded so you can get 18 in 4 hours.

Commented on 08/19/2020

Your feedback is important to us, tuanqtran. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing San Juan Oaks Golf Club.

Commented on 08/17/2020

Thank you for visiting us at San Juan Oaks Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 08/17/2020

Commented on 08/10/2020

Hi, dgottwals. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at San Juan Oaks Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Great layout

Fun course with lots of great holes. Fairways in great shape but greens are a little slow. Can get very windy in the afternoon but part of it’s charm

Commented on 08/14/2020

Hi dsmithcdc2. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing San Juan Oaks Golf Club.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, smitesh! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing San Juan Oaks Golf Club!

Commented on 08/07/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, dwasserman13! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing San Juan Oaks Golf Club!

Commented on 08/06/2020

Hi, dwasserman13. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at San Juan Oaks Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Very challenging course

I courseI enjoy playing this course. Even though I struggle to shoot well there. Definitely not a beginner's course.

Commented on 08/07/2020

gonzo136, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing San Juan Oaks Golf Club.

Commented on 07/30/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u000002770057! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing San Juan Oaks Golf Club!

Hollister, California