Looking back from the 10th green at TPC Tampa Bay.

TPC Tampa Bay can be as challenging as the golfer wants it to be. But be prepared to pay the price for taking the risks. Located just a 20-minute ride from the Tampa International Airport in Lutz, TPC Tampa Bay is open to the public seven days a week. A Bobby Weed design, TPC Tampa Bay is part of a network of courses owned and operated by PGA Tour Golf Course Properties. The fairways have subtle movement and weave through lakes and natural wetlands - 19 in all - and around strategic bunkers that number 81. The greens are large (averaging 6,400 square feet) and undulating, and most are open in the front, offering golfers the option of hitting run-up approach shots. There's a clubhouse and a fully stocked golf shop offering a complete line of equipment and apparel from the top names in golf to complement the course.

TPC Tampa Bay Golf Course

Year Built 1991
Architect Bobby Weed (1991) MacCurrach Golf (1991)

Pull-carts No

Caddies Yes

Walking Allowed No

Bar, Snacks, Grill, Restaurant, Beverage Carts

Clubhouse, Locker Rooms

Entertaining Clients 18

Great layout, quick greens

Greens were fast and rolled true. Fairways and rough were a little burnt out, but that could be due to hot weather coming off the summer. While slightly, burnt, could tell the grounds crew kept them well maintained and even. The course layout was gorgeous, a great combination of sand traps and water to challenge any level of golfer.

Commented on 09/21/2020

Hi Randychapman. Thank you so much for the great rating. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing TPC Tampa Bay!

Mud pit

Amazing lay out for a golf coarse, beautiful. The issue that I had is the fairways are a mud pit. I realize we are in Florida and it’s summer (rain season) I lost 4 balls in the fairway! The ball would land on the fairway, mud and water Would cover the ball resulting in a lost ball. The tee boxes are like walking on sponges that are full of water. I should have brought boots instead of golf shoes.

Wet but still great.

The day I golfed this course it was cart path only because it had rained very hard the last few days . Good thing it was, courses very very wet however it was in excellent condition. From tee to green. This course is manicured beautifully

Commented on 09/16/2020

BRYAN5180854, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing TPC Tampa Bay.

In great shape!!

The greens were aerated in the beginning of August and the course took a few weeks to get back to where it should be but it is looking and playing amazing right now. Club championship is next weekend and you can tell they are making the greens tough for it, they were fast and hard today! Made for a fun and challenging round. Fairways and rough were in great shape as were the tee boxes. Just played 9 today, normally shoot around 38-40 and today I shot a 42 playing really well, just missed some puts as the greens were challenging. Very slow group in front of me that did not understand ready golf in the least but that happens. Just have to roll with the punches sometimes. Probably cost me a stroke or two out of a couple frustration/loss of concentration shots. Best deal and best course in Tampa

Commented on 09/08/2020

Hi u314159942955. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing TPC Tampa Bay.

Great course. Great layout. Conditions were very good considering all the rain the last few days. Visiting for N.Y.. would definitely recommend this course.

Commented on 08/25/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Golf2168t! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing TPC Tampa Bay!

TPC course

A Bobby Weed design is amazing. Each hole is challenging! Fun to play!

Commented on 08/24/2020

Hi LarryEvans2016. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing TPC Tampa Bay.

TPC course

A relaxing and fun day at TPC Tampa Bay. Great design by Bobby Weed.

Commented on 08/24/2020

Not up to par

Better course for $100. I could’ve played cypress creek 3 times for the money I dropped here. Cypress creek is 3 times the course.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Hi Rbenny44. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing TPC Tampa Bay.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Hi u000006685230. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing TPC Tampa Bay.

Great course and staff

First time at TPC Tampa. Awesome track. Staff was excellent, made me feel like a member. Conditions were very good for July in Florida. Greens a bit slow but rolled fine. Great practice area. Will definitely be back!

Commented on 08/03/2020

Hi Bogeytrain71. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing TPC Tampa Bay.

Best Florida golf experience in years

I had read some of the older reviews about TPCTB and I was a little skeptical. Decided to make up my own mind and went anyway. It was the best decision I could have possibly made. Madison and Bracken in the pro shop were very pleasant and helpful. Jack the Starter was hilarious. Brooke in the bar and Madi on the bev cart were awesome. Noah the cart guy treated me great also. $75 for an 1119am time on Thursday in July at this place was actually a terrific value. If $35 golf is your thing, that's cool because it's mine too. But this course was in fantastic shape. Fairways were lush and greens were smooth. No bad lies. Range balls included with your booking. The staff was just outstanding. I hope your experience is as good as mine.

Commented on 08/04/2020

Your feedback is important to us, Constantgolfer. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing TPC Tampa Bay.

Great day with son

First time out, loved the coarse , staff was great!

Commented on 07/31/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Mark7744950! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing TPC Tampa Bay!

Commented on 07/30/2020

Hi jjfrenzy. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing TPC Tampa Bay.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Thank you for sharing your experience! We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon. Thanks for choosing TPC Tampa Bay!

NOT Welcoming to Visitors

Played 18 holes in about 4 hours. I was playing alone. There was a group in front of me that was backed up a little, but nothing outrageous.

On 17, I go to hit my second shot & im taking my time because the guys in front of me are still walking to their cart. I hear a “hey!” From the group behind me...like I’m the one holding them up.

I finish the hole & drive up to the 18th hole. Next thing I know the course general manager drives up on me & wants to play 20 questions. Apparently his members behind me reported that they hadn’t seen me all day & there I was, holding them up.

I told him, hey man, I dunno...I’ve played every hole sequentially & ive got the app to prove it. I didn’t stop at the turn, so maybe that’s where we’re off here. The manager was nice enough, but between him & his members, they ruined my last two holes. Not worth even close to the $130 that I paid

-Jeff Hartman, GM TPC Tampa Bay

Commented on 07/27/2020

Mr. Rae, we appreciate your feedback on your round of golf yesterday. We are always thankful for opportunities to be able to talk with our guests, but we apologize for the confusion and that this interrupted your experience. I tried to reach out to you via phone, but your mailbox was full, so I was unable to leave a message. Please reach out to me at your convenience so we can learn from this opportunity. I can be reached directly at ‪813.803.3661 – please leave a message if I’m away from my office. Thank you in advance for your time.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Great layout and decent course conditions

Layout is great, just like I remembered. Fairways were in good shape. Greens were a bit slow, but true and look to be recovering. Sand traps were in iffy condition with no rakes due to COVID. Not sure they were all conditioned prior to the beginning of the round. We played in 3 1/2 hours and never had to wait. My son wanted to play the back tees which was a little much for me - many 3 woods in, but fun. Great staff and course facilities.

Commented on 07/09/2020

Hi Chuckyiii. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing TPC Tampa Bay.

Very well kept, fun design

After playing many courses in the Greater Tampa area, TPC Tampa has definitely stood out as my favorite and most enjoyable course. The design of the holes always feels fair and it's definitely a peaceful atmosphere.

The only issue is that the price is definitely something that is not easily affordable however if you want to play at a great course, I'd highly recommend it as other courses in the area will still charge around $35-40 and be way less enjoyable. Of course there are some great cheap executive courses too, but this course definitely delivered.

Also the water coolers placed at most holes seemed sanitary and had a good temperature, was definitely pleased with it.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us hotegirl. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. TPC Tampa Bay thanks you!

3.4642058824