TPC Tampa Bay can be as challenging as the golfer wants it to be. But be prepared to pay the price for taking the risks. Located just a 20-minute ride from the Tampa International Airport in Lutz, TPC Tampa Bay is open to the public seven days a week. A Bobby Weed design, TPC Tampa Bay is part of a network of courses owned and operated by PGA Tour Golf Course Properties. The fairways have subtle movement and weave through lakes and natural wetlands - 19 in all - and around strategic bunkers that number 81. The greens are large (averaging 6,400 square feet) and undulating, and most are open in the front, offering golfers the option of hitting run-up approach shots. There's a clubhouse and a fully stocked golf shop offering a complete line of equipment and apparel from the top names in golf to complement the course.

TPC Tampa Bay Golf Course
TPC 71 6898 yards 73.9 139
Silver 71 5519 yards 66.8 123
Scorecard for TPC Tampa Bay
TPC M: 73.9/139 395 191 425 427 332 144 541 414 472 3341 395 179 495 345 588 452 430 217 456 3557 6898
Blue M: 72.6/136 372 179 404 408 322 133 533 391 435 3177 382 166 487 333 574 438 413 197 443 3433 6610
Green M: 70.8/133 372 179 404 373 322 133 533 363 406 3085 344 166 487 333 574 366 413 160 404 3247 6332
White M: 68.8/129 347 161 351 373 293 116 505 363 406 2915 344 136 473 309 528 366 373 160 404 3093 6008
Silver M: 66.8/123 347 161 310 345 293 116 422 316 349 2659 295 136 440 309 455 366 332 147 380 2860 5519
Red W: 68.8/118 309 124 310 304 236 94 422 316 349 2464 295 98 404 255 455 286 332 101 300 2526 4990

Year Built 1991
Architect Bobby Weed (1991) MacCurrach Golf (1991)

Pull-carts No

Caddies Yes

Walking Allowed No

Entertaining Clients 18

overpriced for extremely lousy conditions

DO NOT PLAY HERE. They were airating the fairways while we played so we had to wait for the mechanical equipment on most holes so pace of play was slowed down considerably by that. All greens had been airated and sanded heavily so were very uneven and rolling poorly and inconsistent between greens.

And NOT ONE PERSON in the pro shop mentioned to anyone that the course was being airated. Had the gall to charge full price for the poorly maintained greens. Couple of 4-somes walked off after 9 holes due to the conditions.

Besides airation, there were lots of places where the bermuda was dead and missing both on the greens and on the fairways. The conditions have deteriorated so much over the last year, its unreal. Was one of the best in the area last year and now it's probably one of the worst if not the total worst conditions of any course that I know of in the area, even worse than St. Leo which historically has had bad conditions.

And the course management has decided to charge full price and not tell anyone ahead of time about the conditions, which is really ripping people off in my opinion.

Restaurant is getting worse food as well, now spicy and not as well cooked.

Very disappointed in the course conditions

I have been playing TPC Tampa for over ten years and this is the worse condition I have seen the greens. A few of the greens had bare spots covered in fertilizer. The greens were recently punched, but that was not the cause of the conditions. This is a pure shock that these greens are in such bad shape. Hopefully this will be addressed.

Wet but fun

It was a stormy day... I started right after a storm slowed up and played by myself on an empty course. The course was very wet but playable. Lots of standing water but as the round went on it dissipated somewhat. The course was in excellent condition and I really enjoyed the layout. Several doglegs, water and deep bunkers. All in all a good time. I would love to play again in drier conditions but it’s such a nice course I won’t have it all to myself again. Definitely recommend this track!

Commented On 06/12/2019

Hi higgiwc333. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Great experience

First time playing a TPC course and absolutely loved it. The staff was great. We were allowed to play as a twosome and the pace was great. Only complaint would be the maintenance staff not giving us courtesy. I had a fairway bunker shot and they kept mowing right next to me. The last five holes were shared with the bunker crew rarely allowing us any courtesy. That was the worst part of the round. Otherwise, I look forward to playing again.

Commented On 06/10/2019

Hello, tmk2463. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Excellent course and staff

Had s great time playing TPC Tampa! Greens were fast and fairways were in good shape. We will be back. If you haven’t played it yet I highly recommend you do. Super friendly staff.

Commented On 05/22/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon for another 5-star round with us at TPC Tampa Bay!.

A Beautiful Course

We really loved this course. Hadn't played it in 5 years and found it better than we even remembered it. Had a great day.

Commented On 05/20/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us DVDan. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. TPC Tampa Bay thanks you!

Unfortunate day at TPC- Shoud be better! Nongolfers on course!

The course somehow allowed non-golfers on the course and they interfered with our round on 5 holes! I would never think a TPC course would allow two people in a cart taking pictures to get in the way of paying golfers. First, they approached us on the 7th hole driving toward us as we hit as if we were not there. Next they appeared on 4 more holes we were playing, once passing as we were putting out. On the next tee (12) they stood nearby, then asked if they could take out photos as we teed off. We asked that they go away. Finally, they flew a drown over us as we teed off on 13. Outrageous treatment on a course of this cost and standing. I let them know and was told they have a outing they are getting ready for. Who cares! Poorly managed.

Commented On 05/02/2019

jjfrenzy, We routinely host golf tournaments that make special requests – in this case, a drone proprietor requested to drive the course to get the feel for the property in advance of an event he was working later this week. We allowed the drone vendor access to the course with specific instructions – no drone flying and no interrupting play on the course. There is an assumed level of trust between business professionals that when instructions are given, they will be followed. Clearly in this case, instructions were not followed. We are sorry that this incident had such a negative impact on your overall experience. We hope you will give us the opportunity to change your initial perception as we strive daily to exceed our guests expectation. We take matters like these seriously so please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you would like to discuss your experience as I am always open for the opportunity to learn from experiences – good or bad. Thank you for your candid feedback.

Cordially,

Jeff Hartman, PGA Class A
General Manager, TPC Tampa Bay
813-949-0090, ext. 105

Excellent Course

Really enjoyed my time at TPC. Nobody in front of us and nobody behind us. It was a perfect day to play Golf and the conditions were great. If I ever decided to become a member of a club this would be it!

Commented On 04/25/2019

Hi SLorenzo8. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

bucket list

Yes this has been on my bucket list. With being near hear I needed to golf here at least once. The course was in excellent shape . I will be back to golf it again.

Thanks for the great time !

Perry

Commented On 04/25/2019

Hi packy305. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Course pretty good

The fairways in ok shape,traps very consistent playable sand but the greens were very good. The course is challenging but the signage between the longer distance drives from some of the greens to tees could be improved.

Commented On 04/18/2019

Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

KL

Slow play

This course allows fivesome groups to play at prime 7:30am tee times. Play here if pace of play and your time isn't the least bit important to you. This is incomprehensible for a course of this supposed caliber.

Otherwise course is well designed, maintained and this staff both friendly and client focused. Restaurant was very good and a server named Rich excellent.

Commented On 04/24/2019

Hi KL. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting TPC Tampa Bay. We hope to see you again in the future.

KL

Slow play.

This is a well maintained, challenging and interesting course. The staff were invariably attentive, friendly and client focused on both the course and in their restaurant. This track has a storied history and would normally be afforded a good recommendation.

Unfortunately, pace of play isn't considered important here. We played here with a 7:30 am tee time only to find out the course management put out a fivesome before our twosome. It's not the courses fault that the arrogant and inconsiderate group didn't permit our twosome to play through but it is absolutely unconscionable that they allow fivesomes. Everyone else in the golfing world considers pace of play to be important.

Play here if your time isn't important to you.

Commented On 04/24/2019

Hi KL! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Wow

A must play if in the Tampa FL area. Even better when you catch a great hot deal!

Commented On 04/16/2019

Hello, [Name]. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Immaculate

A beautifully maintained course! Excellent greens and very helpful staff. Great round of golf! The only disappointment was lunch at the Quattro grill. Service was very slow and food was mediocre

Commented On 04/16/2019

Georgia Advisor

Great Course and Awesome Conditions

This was my second time playing TPC Tampa Bay. The last time I played the course, which was a few years ago, the course was NOT in good condition and the overall experience was not good. However, today was totally different. The course conditions were excellent. The only thing which i did not think was great was the speed of the greens. The greens were a little shaggy and hence they were quite slow.

The overall experience was great. The practice facilities (range, chipping, putting, bunkers, etc.) were all very nice. The fairways were pristine and the rough was not too long but is starting to get thicker as the weather gets warmer.

I look forward to playing TPC Tampa Bay again next time I am in the area.

Commented On 04/12/2019

Great layout and conditions

Course was in great shape. Greens a bit slower than expected for a TPC course but rolled true. Fairways were pristine and pace of play, staff, etc were all excellent. Highly recommend and looking forward to playing again soon.

Commented On 04/18/2019

Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

A great course

A joy to get to play a course that the Pro's have played ! the course is well laid out and in great shape !

Commented On 04/10/2019

poor condition for a TPC

I played this course 5 years ago..It was in perfect condition and we paid more than 100$. But today, it was not in good shape....109 $ was too much for this course...Yesterday, I played Waterlefe in Bradenton for 49$ and it was in much better than the TPC...Usually, when you play a TPC and you spend more than 100$, you are looking for a top shape golf not a brown grass...Please change you green keeper...

Commented On 04/08/2019

Hi, Jacques8430434. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recovery the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing TPC Tampa Bay, we hope to see you again soon.

Solid. Little pricey though.

On vacation in Tampa and figured I would try the flagship tpc. Course in good condition. Greens rolling fast. Nice scenery. Little steep on price but as a splurge it was worth it. If I lived down here I would look for better value.

3rd time. And great

Course is great as expected
Staff are awesome and attentive to your needs

Valid dates: Jun 25, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
TPC San Antonio offers you the chance to play two championship golf courses that have hosted several PGA TOUR and PGA TOUR Champions events and is home to several PGA TOUR pros.
Texas Tees Package
Lone Star Stay & Play at TPC San Antonio
TPC Las Vegas Summer Special
Championship Package at TPC Sawgrass
Latest Articles
Metro Detroit's best public courses
Articles
Golf tournament pro-ams: a primer
Articles
The days I fell in love with golf (a Cool Golf Memory)