2.4
2.4
2.2

Previously known as Patriots Glen

Scorecard for Patriots Glen
Blue M: 72.0/133 400 380 315 165 410 540 205 420 500 3335 385 400 350 140 560 440 180 515 425 3395 6730
White M: 70.2/130 385 370 300 145 390 525 165 410 480 3170 375 380 330 120 545 425 170 490 400 3235 6405
Gold M: 68.3/120 W: 75.2/138 365 355 280 125 380 505 145 380 465 3000 345 360 310 100 525 410 145 445 395 3035 6035
Red W: 71.4/130 320 315 260 105 370 450 110 340 410 2680 320 315 285 80 470 375 105 395 335 2680 5360

Year Built 2001
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Jeff Matthai

Clubs No

Good Value

Greens were firm but in good shape. A couple of the fairways were a little thin, but overall in good shape. I had not been here in awhile. Pleasantly surprised with the conditions. Would definitely return.

Just a few things

This course has been given a bad rap. The only things wrong with the course is that the greens needed to be a little faster. They were bumpy ( needs rolling) and slow needed to be cut more recent. The only other complain if you can call it that was that the rough off the fairway was a little long but with as wet as it has been it could be the fact it has been tough to mow. I will look forward to coming back to see if the suggestions helped. The course itself is close, the fairways were in decent shape and the green other than being a little long and bumpy were in good shape.

Commented On 05/20/2019

Thank you for the excellent feedback, our course has come a long way and we are continuing to improve the course conditions all around the course. Thank you for the review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Great layout

For the money we paid it was worth it. The course does need work which it appears they are trying to do. Great layout with some challenging holes. I hope they are striving to improve the conditions

Commented On 05/20/2019

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We are currently working on improving course conditions all around. Thank you for coming out and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future

Much Improved

Played this afternoon, was pleasantly surprised by the improved conditions on the course compared to last year. Tee boxes, fairways and greens were all in reasonably good shape, not great but good. Still some rough spots , but I could see the improvement from last year. It is an interesting course, with some challenging holes. I plan to play there several more times this season.

Commented On 05/20/2019

Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions, especially after the maintenance we have received. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

A gem of a course

I played here yesterday and had a great time. I agree that the fairways were rough in spots and some greens had spotty areas, but do not be scared off by prior negative reviews. This course is one of the best layouts in the area. The number 1 handicap hole would be a challenge for any low handicapped golfer. I used to play here often after it was built but I moved North and finally came back. The trees have grown in giving the course a very private feel. You must give it a try, for the money, you can't beat it. Staff was nice and I will be back.

Commented On 05/20/2019

Thank you for the great review, we appreciate you taking note in all the changes that we have made this year with the course. April was a tough transitioning month so we appreciate you noticing our hard work. Thanks for coming out and we hope you'll give us another try this weekend.

A gem of a course

I played here today. I returned after 19 years as I had moved north and hadn't been in the area. Don't listen to what others have said although we can all agree that April golf is tough with aerated greens. This course is a gem! One of the best layouts in the area. The #1 handicap hole will challenge the lowest of handicap golfers. The community is well designed and since I have last played there, the trees have grown-in giving the course a very private fees. Some greens had spotty areas but overall, they were great, a little slow, we have had a lot of rain this week so they weren't cut low. The fairways, granted, can tend to be spotty t0o, especially number 9, but you can roll your ball to an area for a clean shot. My advice, if you never played here, don't be scared away by prior reviews. It is truly one of the best layouts I have played in a long time. Staff was fine, not rude, and nice bar area for a friendly drink after. Go there, it's more than worth it at $27 after 12pm, are you kidding me?? I will be back!!

Needs better care!

I believe when it is properly cared for it will become a great and challenging golf course!

Commented On 04/26/2019

Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions. The course has come a long way thank you for noticing our hard work. Thank you for coming out and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Don't waste your time or money here.

Don't waste your time or money here.Paid $40 for a tee time at 8 am and there was no staff at the club until 8:05 am, no chance to warm up or hit balls. Then the greens are completely unplayable. I play regularly at other courses and understand that the cold season can be hard on greens and fairways. But this is a combination of not even caring about it anymore.I was hoping with the re opening that we would see a change on this course but actually is getting worse.

Commented On 04/02/2019

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We appreciate your patience as the course has received a lot of play this peak season. As the course continues to transitions into the hot summer months, we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Never Again

We scheduled a Tee Time for 9:30. We arrived to the course at 8:30 with an empty parking lot besides two other golfers. The two other golfers stated they had a 8am tee time but clubhouse was locked with no one in sight. Eventually staff to work the kitchen began to arrive. They said someone should be in at 9am for the golf course. They kept us locked outside. I worker let himself in to get range balls and relocked the doors and provided no help. Eventually pro shop employee showed up and made zero apologies. He also walked right by us and let us stand outside for 20 minutes before we realized he was there for the pro shop. He stated that due to frost he figured he would show up at 9am. There was nothing announced on website and zero notification. After 9 holes we entered the clubhouse to grab a quick bite to eat. Little did we know, we walked into a Drag Queen Parade. Transgenders were parading around inside the clubhouse and staff refused to serve us food. The greens were in poor shape and it was obvious they were not cared for towards the end of the summer to ensure they were playable during the off season. Needless to say, will not be revisiting this course anytime soon.

Decent inexpensive Course

I typically play here if it’s early on in the season to get some practice rounds in or if I’m looking to work on parts of my without having to pay a lot. The value is relevant for the course conditions. Bunkers aren’t great and the greens aren’t very well kept. Some have patches of fresh grass that were just placed on them (which were very evident early in the season). Probably to cover some of the dead, sandy areas that would form in the middle of them. Fairway grass will get brown if there isn’t a lot of rain. They don’t water or maintain them well. More experienced golfers can find a better deal elsewhere, but this is good for having a fun time with friends or practice.

Commented On 05/08/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

For a rookie like me. The course was very easy to navigate. Everything was labeled. Greens were taken care of and I had a great time. I have a 9:30 tee time tomorrow.

Commented On 02/20/2019

Thank you for the great review, we are so glad you enjoyed the course.

Poor staff and course

Bad attitude, never open on time. Course conditions are terrible tee boxes. Fairways. Greens. Terrible

Commented On 01/15/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recovery the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Patriots Glenn National, we hope to see you again soon.

Commented On 05/08/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented On 04/26/2019

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Thank you for coming out and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented On 04/26/2019

Thank you for the 4-Star review, please come back and see us again soon!

Worst course I have ever golfed

Course conditions were so bad. Greens had holes in them and weeds all over the tee boxes. Fairways were uneven and terribly maintained. Staff was on the phone the entire time I was trying to sign in. Overall the worst golf experience I’ve ever had. DO NOT COME HERE

Commented On 04/26/2019

Thank you for your honest review, as we continue to work on the outcome of the course conditions we hope that you will give us another try in the near future.

Ghosts of the Glenn

Awesome layout played it 20 x over the years. Each new mananagment has tried to improve the joint over many years. Poor / clay soil base is the root of the problem. They can never get grass to grow. Played today as a single riding in two hours twenty minutes. Every green is horrible and unputtable. They were putting lipstick on a pig by coloring the green with green dye while I was playing. Staff has always been rude and nothing has changed there. Also cart path only ? And even wholes that we’re traditionally wet were totally fine. I’m a 8 handicap and use this course to improve driver length and g.i.r. . It is what it is a DOG TRACK..with potential

Commented On 04/26/2019

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We are currently working on many of the things you have presented in this review. Thank you for coming out and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

The Home Course

I agree with all the past negative post about the course, but the new management is committed and you can see clear progress in the course. The Tee boxes are pretty close to fixed and cant wait to see the progress in the spring!

I will promote this course because i know what it looked like at its peak. The course is challenging especially if you cant hit straight.

The putting greens are A lot better!!! For those playing during these really rainy months, well you are not giving a fair assessment.

I wish the cart path rule was inforced more because locals suck at following rules!!!! It ruins the course when ur to lazy to walk to ur ball when it is really wet!

So my biggest problem would be the bunkers. They need a lot of TLC and hope this changes.

They are working on a new practice green that i cannot wait for!

Hope the grounds crew stays committed! Would love to volunteer to help this course.

I think this could be one of Marylands top courses and hope it gets there.

Not as Bad as Other Reviews

I booked this course to try out because I got a good rate for a Saturday. It rained the night before and the course was very wet. Many sand traps were filled with water and there were leaves not only in the rough, but also on the fairways. I lost several balls I should not have lost because of the leaves.

I played by myself and got through the front 9 in under 1 1/2 hours. However, when I made the turn there was a group of three and a group of two ahead of me. No clue how they got in front of me because I never saw anybody in front of me once a group of three allowed me to play through on the second hole. Needless to say, the back 9 took over two hours.

Like other reviews have stated some tee boxes need work and some of the fairways are bare. I did like the layout and would like to try this course again when the course is not as wet and the leaves are not all over the course.

It's early November so anytime you can get out and play is a good day. Don't overpay for this course, but it's not nearly as bad as all the other reviews (or maybe my expectation were just so low after reading all the bad reviews I had such low expectations) that I was pleasantly surprised.

If you are an above average golfer, you probably would not like this course because of the conditions. However, if you are an average / intermediate golfer who enjoys going out and playing a round, it was not too bad.

Commented On 11/05/2018

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We appreciate your patience as the course has received a lot of rain this peak season. As the course continues to transition we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Course needs help!!!

So I found a $20 deal for a round of golf here, and I am afraid to say that I overpaid for the round.
Let me preface my review with this statement, I have worked in the golf course maintenance field for the last 10 years. Of those 10 years, 9 of them have been in the transition zone. So I fully understand the challenges that this course and crew face. I currently work at a course that actually received more rain and hot weather than Patriots Glen did this year, based on some quick weather history research. Now back to my review.
I am not certain why the course is in the condition it is currently in. Basically, I can not determine if the condition is due to a lack of care, a lack of knowledge or a lack of money. For those that say “someone needs to spend some money to get the course back in shape,” no amount of money can fix this course if the people doing the work don’t care or don’t have the knowledge base to complete it properly.
There is a lot of dead grass, I mean ALOT, all over the course. The tee boxes are mostly dirt and algae is most cases, there are greens with less than 50% living grass and the fairways are more than 70% dead. Most of the dead grass on the fairways is due to the weather changing and the warm season weeds declining, and I would say the same for the tee boxes. The dead grass on the greens is another story completely. Most of the dead grass on the greens is due to lack of care. By lack of care I am saying that the grounds crew needed to hand water the hot spots on the greens when the weather was hot to prevent the grass from declining.
Overall, the course is amazingly still wet. There are spots on the course in fairways and rough the are absolutely mud. There are obviously drainage issues that need to be addressed, but there are also a lot of trees and under brush surrounding the holes that needs to be removed. Found this will increase air flow and allow the course to dry out faster, and help to prevent the grass from drowning. There are bunkers that have algae growing in the standing water because they have no working drains and no one has pumped them out.
All that could be from lack of knowledge, however, when the water in the ball washers smells like rotten stagnant swamp water, that is a lack of care.
Additionally, I played the course today, and can tell you first hand that the pin locations had not been changed in at least 3 days. Again a lack of care.
Simply put, for those that made it this far, I hate blowing up other courses, but something needs to be done with this course. It is a wonderful layout and rightfully challenging. But if no one cares about, knows how to or wants to pay to fix it, then it will go along the wayside like so many other challenging under managed courses, it will be forced to closed.

Commented On 11/05/2018

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We will take a closer look at our pricing and see if we can come up with a solution. Thank you for coming out, and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Landenberg, Pennsylvania
Middletown, Delaware
Wilmington, Delaware
Rising Sun, Maryland
Wilmington, Delaware
Middletown, Delaware
Avondale, Pennsylvania

Valid dates: May 27, 2019 - Sep 01, 2019
Experience golf at its best on five fully renovated championship courses in pristine condition. This summer, villa accommodations start at just $232/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary Hotel from $404/person/night (midweek).
TPC Sawgrass Experience Golf Package
PARK CITY VACATION DEALS
Stay and Play
Stay & Play Escape at Eagle Eye!
Stay and Play
Stay & Play this Summer at Hawk Hollow!