2.3

Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Jeff Matthai

Clubs No

Absolutely GARBAGE!

They should literally close the course for a few years and then dump at least a hundred thousand into repairs. This course has been so neglected it’s sad. Absolutely junk. It would be morally wrong to recommend this course.

A great place to practice and tune your game, grate layout

The price is always fair even though the course is not highly groomed . But I just love this layout and value for your money. The staff is always extremely helpful. I will play this course often and I wont be bored. For me its not about the grooming its about the practice and a a challenging place to work on my swing.

Commented on 01/06/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Patriots Glen National Golf Club!

Starting to recover

As a local and having played this course from its highs to very lows it is great to see it coming back. Fairways in the past were dirt or at best weeds now even the bare spots have growing grass. Greens in the past were easier to chip than putt now most greens are in decent shape, long but smooth. Still a couple in tough shape but the bare spots again have grass plugs growing. Still has a ways to go to get back to its glory days but major improvement and starting to come back. Look forward to playing again in the spring. Here is hoping for a mild winter and continued progress as this has always been a favorite.

Commented on 12/30/2019

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off! We look forward to having you back at Patriots Glen National Golf Club!

Coming around

I have been playing this course every since it opened it has been in great shape and it has been in bad shape. Management has been steady improveing this course in the last couple of years . Its not the greatest course around but has come a long way and i believe it will get better because of the improvement i have seen with the fairways and the greens.

Commented on 12/17/2019

Can't Beat the Price

The course was in okay condition but can't beat the price.

Commented on 12/03/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club. We hope you give us another try in the near future.

Perfect Day for Golf

This was the 4th week in a row I made the trip to Patriot's Glen. I have been watching my weather app and picking the best day for a November day of golf. This was a good one....high 50's..maybe even 60 degrees. The course was a little damp from the weekend rain and thus we had to stay on the cart paths. There were others taking advantage of the good weather so the play was a little slower than in previous weeks. Still the course was in pretty good shape for November. There were a few leaves still around to make finding our golf balls difficult. If I get another day like this next week I WILL BE BACK..!!!

Commented on 11/27/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Greatly improved.

This course used to be top of the line and then changed hands a couple of times. Honestly it went downhill and became almost unplayable. Now under new ownership, it has steadily improved. The fairways are good and by spring should be very good. Most of the greens are very good but there are about 5 that still need work. Overall, they are doing a good job and headed in the right direction.

Commented on 11/27/2019

Hi, Bruce. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Patriots Glen National Golf Club!

November Golf

I have been looking at my weather app to see what would be good days to play golf. Picked a good one for November....60+ degrees. Went on line and got a deal at PG. I had player here last week. The conditions were good and getting better. A few others had the same idea so the pace was a little slower than last week, but I got to play through and got me round in in a little over two hours. This has become my newest favorite golf course. I will be looking at my weather app again for next week.

Commented on 11/18/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us! Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club! We hope to see you back again soon!

Huge improvement.

Management is working hard to bring this course back and it’s working. The fairways were the best I’ve seen them in years and the greens still need work but are getting better.

Commented on 11/08/2019

Hi, Bruce! We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Patriots Glen National Golf Club!

Bargain Round

Beautiful day for November. It was the best day weather this week for a round this week and got it in. The course looked really good since I played it last. I will return the next time the forecast is looking good.

Commented on 11/08/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement if you wish to let us know how we can earn that extra star next time! Thank you for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club! We hope to see you again soon!

Getting better

The course is improving, bunks need work, some greens need some work overall the course is much improved

Commented on 11/21/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us at Patriots Glen National Golf Club!

Awesomeness

The only thing I regret about today was I didn’t book later in the day. They have done an awesome job turning around this course from the last time I played. The greens are amazing. The fairways are perfect. The only negative was it was cart path only. But what do you expect after a full days rain in October.

Commented on 11/04/2019

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience and your feedback to our team at Patriots Glen National Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Time is in your favor

The course is on the mend, Congrats to the green keepers and management for the effort to bring this course back to playing conditions.

Commented on 10/29/2019

Hi, Joe! We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Patriots Glen National Golf Club for another great round!

Good for beginners

Price is great and good for those just started to play
Not being rush by others due to not crowded

Commented on 10/21/2019

Hi! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Conditions are awful

The conditions of this course are the worst I ever played anywhere. The greens have huge patches missing grass, same thing with the fairways. Putting is impossible due to uneven dirt-grass-dirt everywhere. This course should not be operating in such POOR condition, it is obvious it has not been maintained.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Employee radio

The course is almost unplayable on the 2nd, 5th,6th and 9th hole. If the fairways are not covered with grass clipping they have no grass at all. Literally hitting off the dirt or mud. Greens are trying to come back to life but I really think the greens are very bumpy and pot marked. Players don't fix ball marks or have hit irons leaving big gouges on the surface of the greens. To top it off coming down the ninth fairway a radio is blasting from the club house. It was blasting when we were putting out. I found out that it was one of the employees, drunk, sitting on the clubhouse deck playing his own radio. Totally inappropriate.

Commented on 09/24/2019

Hi. Thank you for leaving us a review. The current condition of the course is by no means the standard we set to achieve, but I am happy to report that the greens are being reseeded and should continue to improve day by day as we head into Fall. In terms of the employee sitting outside the clubhouse with the radio, we have made note with the teams in charge and the situation is being handled. Thank you for visiting Patriots Glen National Golf Club. We hope you give us another try in the near future.

Improving

I use to play this course before its demise years ago( 10 years ago). It was an awesome course with a great layout. The current management got delt a tough hand and they have done a lot to improve. I have seem even from the spring to the fall the vast improvements they have made. Yes there are bad patches on the fairway and the greens, but from I have seen and how it has been, the conditions are vastly improving and I give them credit. They are trying and it doesn't happen overnight. I hope they have the opprotunity/funds to continue the great progress they have made.

To the Patriots Glen staff kudos and keep your heads up and don't mind the haters!

Fall prep

The course was being aerated. Should have told us at check in.

Commented on 09/09/2019

Hi. We apologize for the lack of notification provided in terms of the course being aerated. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so that they can make note and work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Patriots Glen National Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Need New Management... START OVER

By far the worst conditioned course myself and friends have EVER played on. It is sad because it could be a real nice course if there was any care whatsoever put into it.

Commented on 09/03/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Patriots Glen National Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

4.4220176471
Landenberg, Pennsylvania
Middletown, Delaware
Rising Sun, Maryland
Wilmington, Delaware
Middletown, Delaware
Avondale, Pennsylvania

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.