2.3
2.3
1.9

Previously known as Patriots Glen
Scorecard for Patriots Glen
Blue M: 72.0/133 400 380 315 165 410 540 205 420 500 3335 385 400 350 140 560 440 180 515 425 3395 6730
White M: 70.2/130 385 370 300 145 390 525 165 410 480 3170 375 380 330 120 545 425 170 490 400 3235 6405
Gold M: 68.3/120 W: 75.2/138 365 355 280 125 380 505 145 380 465 3000 345 360 310 100 525 410 145 445 395 3035 6035
Red W: 71.4/130 320 315 260 105 370 450 110 340 410 2680 320 315 285 80 470 375 105 395 335 2680 5360

Year Built 2001
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Jeff Matthai

Clubs No

For a rookie like me. The course was very easy to navigate. Everything was labeled. Greens were taken care of and I had a great time. I have a 9:30 tee time tomorrow.

Poor staff and course

Bad attitude, never open on time. Course conditions are terrible tee boxes. Fairways. Greens. Terrible

Commented On 2019-01-15T18:27:52.000+00:00

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recovery the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Patriots Glenn National, we hope to see you again soon.

Not as Bad as Other Reviews

I booked this course to try out because I got a good rate for a Saturday. It rained the night before and the course was very wet. Many sand traps were filled with water and there were leaves not only in the rough, but also on the fairways. I lost several balls I should not have lost because of the leaves.

I played by myself and got through the front 9 in under 1 1/2 hours. However, when I made the turn there was a group of three and a group of two ahead of me. No clue how they got in front of me because I never saw anybody in front of me once a group of three allowed me to play through on the second hole. Needless to say, the back 9 took over two hours.

Like other reviews have stated some tee boxes need work and some of the fairways are bare. I did like the layout and would like to try this course again when the course is not as wet and the leaves are not all over the course.

It's early November so anytime you can get out and play is a good day. Don't overpay for this course, but it's not nearly as bad as all the other reviews (or maybe my expectation were just so low after reading all the bad reviews I had such low expectations) that I was pleasantly surprised.

If you are an above average golfer, you probably would not like this course because of the conditions. However, if you are an average / intermediate golfer who enjoys going out and playing a round, it was not too bad.

Commented On 2018-11-05T17:00:00.000+00:00

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We appreciate your patience as the course has received a lot of rain this peak season. As the course continues to transition we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Course needs help!!!

So I found a $20 deal for a round of golf here, and I am afraid to say that I overpaid for the round.

Let me preface my review with this statement, I have worked in the golf course maintenance field for the last 10 years. Of those 10 years, 9 of them have been in the transition zone. So I fully understand the challenges that this course and crew face. I currently work at a course that actually received more rain and hot weather than Patriots Glen did this year, based on some quick weather history research. Now back to my review.

I am not certain why the course is in the condition it is currently in. Basically, I can not determine if the condition is due to a lack of care, a lack of knowledge or a lack of money. For those that say “someone needs to spend some money to get the course back in shape,” no amount of money can fix this course if the people doing the work don’t care or don’t have the knowledge base to complete it properly.

There is a lot of dead grass, I mean ALOT, all over the course. The tee boxes are mostly dirt and algae is most cases, there are greens with less than 50% living grass and the fairways are more than 70% dead. Most of the dead grass on the fairways is due to the weather changing and the warm season weeds declining, and I would say the same for the tee boxes. The dead grass on the greens is another story completely. Most of the dead grass on the greens is due to lack of care. By lack of care I am saying that the grounds crew needed to hand water the hot spots on the greens when the weather was hot to prevent the grass from declining.

Overall, the course is amazingly still wet. There are spots on the course in fairways and rough the are absolutely mud. There are obviously drainage issues that need to be addressed, but there are also a lot of trees and under brush surrounding the holes that needs to be removed. Found this will increase air flow and allow the course to dry out faster, and help to prevent the grass from drowning. There are bunkers that have algae growing in the standing water because they have no working drains and no one has pumped them out.

All that could be from lack of knowledge, however, when the water in the ball washers smells like rotten stagnant swamp water, that is a lack of care.

Additionally, I played the course today, and can tell you first hand that the pin locations had not been changed in at least 3 days. Again a lack of care.

Simply put, for those that made it this far, I hate blowing up other courses, but something needs to be done with this course. It is a wonderful layout and rightfully challenging. But if no one cares about, knows how to or wants to pay to fix it, then it will go along the wayside like so many other challenging under managed courses, it will be forced to closed.

Commented On 2018-11-05T15:49:32.000+00:00

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We will take a closer look at our pricing and see if we can come up with a solution. Thank you for coming out, and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

I wish

I go back to this course every so often just in hopes they put a little time and money into it. The layout is pretty good with some challenging holes. However the condition is awful, tee boxes burnt completely, fairways with giant areas missing, rough in poor shape. I wish they'd truly invest in this course get the drainage right and lay some good grass seed. If the tee time is over $20 don't go here.

Couldn't even get a hot dog at the turn cause the restaurant was out of food and they didn't have a cook until 5 p.m......

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 10/23/2018:
We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Thank you for coming out and we hope you'll give us another try so that we can increase your overall star rating.

Course is really bad condition. Don’t waste your money.

Over the past several years the course has been going downhill. It’s at a point now, your better off playing in a cow pasture. They should not charge anyone to play here and yet the rates are higher than other courses in the area.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 10/23/2018:

Needs TLC

The course had potential in the spring. It was close to being really nice if they just kept doing what they were doing. But seems like they stopped taking care of it once the warm weather arrived. I play because it is priced reasonable. You just have to move your ball to a descent spot on the fairways & sometimes have to move away from a pothole on the greens.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 10/03/2018:
We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We appreciate your patience as the course has received a lot of play this peak season. As the course continues to transitions out of the hot summer months, we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Course not maintained

Fairways and Greens severely burnt up from the summer. Rough was 3-4 inches long. Extreme growth in between fairways. Finding a ball not on fairway was almost impossible. Fairways had large wet areas due to over irrigating. The course needs a lot of attention. However the staff was nice and the bar/restaurant was very good. The course has a lot of potential, simply needs more TLC.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 09/07/2018:
Thank you for your honest feedback. The weather has not been in our favor this summer and it has been difficult to maintain some of the outer rough areas. We appreciate your patience as we are transitioning into the fall months and should have the course back to normal in the near future.

Disappointed

I play this course a couple times a month, and yet it had been 6 weeks, since I was on vacation. I was diappointed how burnt and bald the greens were, and how weeded and patchy the fairways were. Luckily it was early in the morning and I played alone, so got done in 2.5 hours. Wil go back to see if course improves, golf now rates make it worth playing.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 09/04/2018:
Thank you for the honest review. With the large amounts of rain we have received this past few weeks it has been difficult to maintain some of the fairways. As we continue our maintenance we hope to see you again in the next week few weeks.

Dont do it, till they complete their improvements

Crabgrass, barren patches, dirt, and that was the greens. In the fairway, almost everyshot we had to roll the ball to find a 'patch' of bluegrass.. The greens were just as bad. I realize that they are trying to get it back into shape but. The one member of the staff doing maintenance was more concerned with collecting balls from the woods than anything else. The pro shop gentleman, was very helpful and friendly. The barstaff the same.

They should kill off 4 of the holes each of the next couple of years to get it back into playing shape.

Some of the holes are also just so unfair, but overall the layout isnt bad

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 09/04/2018:
Thank you for your honest review. We have received a handful of bad weather this season. As we continue to work on the maintenance of the course we hope that you will give us another try in the near future.

What a difference a year makes

I played here a couple times last year and was happy to see this course coming back. Well, not anymore. Patriots Glen has a strong layout, but the conditions are terrible right now. 80% of the course is trashed. Tee to green. I am no greens keeper or do I no a lot about grass. Also I understand this has been a HOT summer and a bunch of rain, but it just seemed to look like neglecte. Id stay away this year. And probably most of next year.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 08/25/2018:
Thank you for your honest review, as we continue to work on the outcome of the course conditions we hope that you will give us another try in the near future.

Great layout even if course in tough condition

The layout of the course was terrific. I saw the other reviews and they are correct, the course is in a bit of disrepair - the rain has taken its toll. But the layout is absolutely great, the staff really friendly, and I'd recommend this course.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 08/25/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions, especially after the rain we have received. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.
Philly Advisor

rough conditions

I still give this course four stars even as the fairways and some tees were not in good condition. It appears the course had been let go for a long time and there are efforts to bring it back. The design of the holes is well thought out and they present good challenge to play properly. Mostly the greens were ok but rough around the perimeters. It appears they are going to start cutting them and shrinking the green surfaces from paint markings around them. It is totally tree lined but the holes are big enough and for the most part the heavy lines of trees did not infringe of pinch the holes to claustrophobic feeling.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 08/25/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions, especially after the heavy rain we have received this season. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Love Patriot's Glenn

Although they have a lot of work to do on the fairways and getting this course in shape, me and my daughter love playing at Patriot's Glenn. Not bad at all when you pay $25 per person which includes the cart. Just move your ball to a good grassy area in the fairways and hit away! My daughter and I enjoy playing here and it is close to home. All the staff is great and they have a beautiful club house.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 08/13/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review, we enjoyed having you and your daughter at the course and we appreciate the great feedback. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.
10be7c18-4ed6-5aa8-a895-bea098418622
sixeagles
Commented On 2018-08-15T19:35:03.000+00:00

My golf partner and I had similar feelings about this course after we played it for the first time. The holes are challenging and well thought out. Maybe a little overboard with trees? We like it in spite of the poor conditions due in part to heavy local rains causing damage and hindering conditioning efforts.

Bad shape

This was the worst course I have played. It would have been decent but it was not taken care of at all. Every hole was dead and had disease on good parts of the holes. Looked like the greens keeper quit. Nothing was watered. Most of the fairways looked burnt or dead. Also only one cooler of water on the whole course. It was 85 when we played. That could be dangerous on hot days. It's a shame because if this was taken care of it would be a decent golf course.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 07/26/2018:
We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We appreciate your patience as the course has received a lot of play this peak season. As the course continues to transitions into the hot summer months, we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Needs water and Sand

First time here. Been wanting to play this course for a long time. Course layout is nice. Course conditions are God awful. Tee box are all dirt. A couple of fairways are burnt or runined by a disease. The greens were very slow. Felt like I was hammering putts from 10 feet. No water stations, only coolers of water but you had to pay $1 for a bottle of water.

This course needs a complete management overhaul.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 07/11/2018:
Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review, and we hope you join us for another round soon.
Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 07/12/2018:
Hi. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Great Course. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable. I had a great time.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 07/11/2018:
Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Bring lots of golf balls

Difficult to find balls if you aren’t keeping it on the fairway

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 06/29/2018:
Hello, Steve. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

better still needs work

Course has come along over the past year. Fairways are still a bit choppy and greens have some work around the edges and tee boxes are far better than last year. Overall course was in far better shape greens rolled well, wish people would fix their divots though. Garmin watch doesn't work at the course and there are very few yardage markers had to figure out how far you need to hit. Not that bad if you can strike a hot deal but know what you are walking into. Guy in clubhouse was very friendly look forward to playing again in a few months see how the course progresses.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 06/22/2018:
Hello. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we're glad to hear that you'll give us another try in the near future.
Landenberg, Pennsylvania