Patriots Glen National Golf Club

Clubs: No

Practice bunker: Yes

Location is in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals advanced golfers seniors   Challenges include water hazards bunkers narrow fairways   Great for drinks

"Great Course."

CZ10071972's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2018

I held a tournament at this course. The staff was excellent. The service was excellent. The course was in good shape. As soon as the dormant Bermuda grass In the fair ways turns green. This course will look great. Everyone in my 44 person tournament was very happy and enjoyed themselves. The course was very busy, but the staff made time to take great care of us. I would highly recommend this course for anyone who wants to hold a tournament here. Or to play here. I can’t wait to get back out there and play.

kwashin3's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2018

"Not so great"

Jason7137067's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2018

The course was in awful shape. The fairways were all burnt up like it was the dead heat of summer. Now the tee boxes weren't bad and the layout is very nice. Now I do have to say the greens were in good shape considering the rest of the course. The staff inside were very nice and accommodating. They were busy and they let me tee off the back to avoid the log jam. I've played here about 10 times since they originally opened and I had hoped it had gotten better but it hasn't. I probably won't be back unless the course gets better.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 04/15/2018:

Hi Jason. We are very disappointed to hear that the course conditions were not up to your standards. We take our customer feedback very seriously and we will share your comment with our staff to make improvements and corrections accordingly. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Please give us the opportunity to change your mind about our course. We hope to see you again soon.

miket52's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2018

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 04/09/2018:

Hello Mike. Thank you for visiting us at Patriots Glen National Golf Club and taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear that your experience didn't quite live up to your expectations. We will share your feedback with our staff and make any corrections or improvements. Any feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your future experiences at our course. Thanks again for choosing Patriots Glen National Golf Club.

"Sloppy"

BruceKauffman's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018

We picked the wrong day to play this course. It was cart path only and the Course barely had a dry spot on it. Our feet were soaked after only 4 holes. Of course the ball did not roll at all when it hit. A lot of times the ball plugged. One good thing I can say about the day was the greens were the best I’ve seen them in two years.

"Ashame"

Maf930's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/28/2018

The fairways are terrible if there’s any grass at all and the course is completely soaked. I love the layout it’s such ashame the course is in the condition it is I thinks it’s a great course condition permitting.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 03/10/2018:

Thanks for the review. We are working to dry out and hope you can give us a second chance. We look forward to seeing you another time.

tbrown1012's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/15/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 03/10/2018:

Thanks for the great review, Mr. Brown. Come back soon!

BCuzICan's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/27/2018

Response from @PatriotsGlen on 02/01/2018:

We love to see golfers taking the time to review us. Thanks for the 4-star feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Challenging but fair"

MRTEEE's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/21/2017
First time playing Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

At 6000 yards it was a very good but fair test. An interesting layout with fairways that are quite wide. I would play it again.

Response from @PatriotsGlen on 12/26/2017:

We appreciate the 4-star review. Your feedback will be used to notify our team so they can continue to provide an enjoyable experience but also make changes to hopefully earn 5-stars next time. Thanks for playing with us!

"Definitely on the way back."

monk53's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/28/2017

I have played this course since it opened, it began as one of my favorites, those of us that have played it over the years have seen it in various conditions from wonderful to not worth playing. well the current management team have obviously put a tremendous effort into bringing it back and in my opinion they are doing a terrific job. keep up the good work, we will definitely be back.

Response from @PatriotsGlen on 12/05/2017:

Thank you for the kind words about our hard work. We are putting in a lot of time and effort to restore the course and enjoy hearing when our golfers notice. We will inform the entire team so they keep it up. Thanks for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club for so long, we look forward to seeing you more in the future.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/25/2017

Response from @PatriotsGlen on 12/05/2017:

We are glad you had a fun day, Mike. We look forward to seeing you at the course again.

"time to come back"

Ken6614917's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/25/2017

Well, they finally got the greens back! I can't believe what a month-and-a-half can do. The teeing areas ,the fairways, and the greens are full of grass! The greens are slow and bumpy but what do you expect for wintertime golf. I can't wait for the spring! for those who haven't played this course, the layout is fantastic!

Response from @PatriotsGlen on 11/28/2017:

Hi, Ken. We are glad you are enjoying our new and improved conditions. We have been putting a lot of work into recovering the course and are happy to hear it is paying off. We look forward to seeing you again.

"Closest course, quick round (it was under 45F)..."

Kerry1706063's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/19/2017
Previously played Used cart Cold weather

I golfed this course in the winter with 30MPH winds and around 40F air temperature (wind chill closer to 0F). That said, i had the course to myself and finished in under two hours; which is my desired pace of play for 18 holes. The course was in pretty rough shape, even for winter conditions. I hope the greens come back and the fairways fill in next spring. Golfed a super deal for $20 Hot deal with a cart. Cant complain, as it was definitely worth the money even with the cold wind chill...

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 04/15/2018:

Hello. Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. Winter golf can be tough. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round. Please visit us again soon!

"Great layout with improved conditions"

dtm050424's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/19/2017

Played quickly on a windy November day. Overall the greens and fairways were in good condition. There's some dormant Bermuda in parts of the fairways that is no issue to play from.

Response from @PatriotsGlen on 11/22/2017:

We are glad you enjoyed your round even with the windy conditions. We will pass on your feedback about the course conditions to our team. Thanks for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club.

"Not bad for the price"

Luke4880015's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/18/2017

Me an my buddy played there for the first time. For 20 bucks it’s not to bad of a course. I actually playing there again this weekend bc the price is right.

Response from @PatriotsGlen on 11/28/2017:

Hi, Luke. We are glad to hear you and your colleague enjoyed your first visit with us. We see you rated the course conditions to be less than ideal. We will work to make additional improvements before your next visit. Thanks for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club.

"Improving"

BruceKauffman's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/14/2017

This course at one time was excellent. It has had a couple of owners and is making a comeback. Next season it may be prime.

Response from @PatriotsGlen on 11/17/2017:

Hello, Bruce. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Our new management team is excited about the coming season and has a lot of new projects up their sleeves. Thanks for visiting Patriots Glen National Golf Club, we hope to see you again in the future.

"Playing Patriot Glen"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/30/2017

Since the course has been under new management for the past several months there has been a very positive change in the course conditions! The greens are in good shape and the fairways are very much improved. I will play this course again!

Response from @PatriotsGlen on 11/09/2017:

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4-stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We hope to see you again soon!

"Getting better every day"

andrewcipolla's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/28/2017

I have played this track often over the last 8 years or so. It’s had its ups and downs, but is definitely back on its way up. I played here about 6 weeks ago and noticed more improvements on some of the small problems from before. Spoke to the guy in the pro shop and he was passionate about making patriots Glen a pristine course again. I’ve seen it before, and hoping they get back to it. Keep up the good work. I will DEFINITELY play again, and recommend everyone come play it and see how nice it’s becoming.

Response from @PatriotsGlen on 11/01/2017:

Hi, Andrew. 4-star reviews are great to see and we are glad you enjoyed your time with us. We will work to continue to provide a memorable experience. We are also glad to hear the current upgrades are being noticed which means we are doing it right. Thanks for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon!

"Check the view from #8 tee box"

nike0844's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/23/2017

Wide fairways,but don’t stray..roughs are unforgiving.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 10/26/2017:

Thanks for the great review! We are so glad to see you had a spectacular time during your visit. We hope to see you again soon!

"Poorly Run"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/21/2017

I had a tee time at 7:30 and showed up at 7:05 to warm up only to find out no one was there. We stood around till 7:30. No employee showed up till 7:40.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 10/26/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We apologize that our team was not ready and waiting as expected when guests arrive at the course. Our opener was sick that morning so the team was scrambling to get everything set up with one less set of hands. This is not the standard we strive to achieve and hope you can give us a second chance. We see you rated the pace of play and layout to be great during your visit. We will escalate these items to the teams responsible so they know their hard work is paying off. Thanks for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club.