Hidden Valley Golf Club

Hidden Valley Golf Club
Silver 72 5327 yards 66.4 118
Scorecard for Hidden Valley Golf Club
Black M: 73.8/141 525 437 377 387 217 492 314 177 462 3388 376 556 362 172 312 574 188 384 439 3363 6751
Blue M: 70.8/132 495 388 352 387 196 455 314 166 401 3154 376 505 321 148 312 574 179 322 439 3176 6330
White M: 68.5/125 W: 74.4/141 462 343 352 360 196 455 287 143 397 2995 286 468 286 118 288 532 174 296 383 2831 5826
Silver M: 66.4/118 W: 71.3/134 387 320 271 333 182 410 255 143 380 2681 273 436 286 106 262 495 168 263 360 2649 5330
Red M: 66.6/112 W: 67.3/120 331 232 234 267 104 409 213 114 343 2247 240 421 258 106 262 476 152 254 282 2451 4698

Year Built 1997
Golf Season Year Round

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Equipments maintenance

The course provides very nice how system but didn't upkeep minor equipments such as ball washer. You have the washer in the car but didn't function. No water inside since the water was not there.

Lack of amenities

It was a warm day, we're surprised there was no drinking water available throughout the course. I called the proshop but still no water was provided.

A nice course you like to come again

New car with GPS and ball cleaner, The staff is very nice, Only one thing was not good enough is we couldn't ride the cart on the fairways without caution sign or information, some time was wasted on the slowed down fairway riding, So the pace of play was a little bit slow. It was reasonable to prohibit on the wet and muddy fairway after a whole week heavy rain, but we need reminder before we ride in the restricted area.

Don’t play here.

3 of us played and 2 of us rented clubs. Over $350!! Thought his place was going to be premier by the reviews. Greens were slow and bumpy, fairways all kinds of grass, bare spots. #10,11 dangerous as ever. Almost got hit twice on #10 t box by players on 11! Pace of play was awful!! 5.5 hr round, no Marshall. Then when turning in rentals they accused us of stealing a 4 iron out of my wife’s set! Never had a 4i! Had hybrid. Had to argue for 30 min to get my I.D. back!! Don’t go here, service was terrible!!

Bad shape at this time!

This is one of my favorite courses in the area. Unfortunately, it is in the worst shape I have ever seen it.

Didnt love the conditions

Ill preface my review with a disclaimer, I really love this course...But, I was very disappointed in the condition of the course. The greens were slow and shaggy. The grass around many of the bunkers, has grown real long and thick, you wont find your ball if it goes in there. It looks poorly maintained, as opposed to trying to make it more difficult. The boxes are under maintenance which is fine. But probably my biggest issue, is how poorly thought out some of these pin placements are. Im an 8 handicap, so Im not bothered by a challenging green. But on 17, you couldn’t stop the ball at the hole. Its always a tough green, but this was stupid. If you dropped a ball from your knee at the hole, it would roll to the bottom of the green. Mind you, the greens were slow too. 2 had a similarly poor pin position as well. The pace was fine once we got past 5. The fairways were decent but a little more chewed up than they are typically. I suspect come spring it will be back to its pristine shape that I come to expect from one of my favorite courses around.

Nice!

Today was my 3rd time playing this course and I’m still yet to finish the last two holes. Course was in pretty great shape overall but the rain the past few days has left the the greens a little soft and slow. The fairways are in nice shape but the tee boxes were pretty beat up. Sand traps were just bad. Lots of sitting water and hard packed sand but that’s because staff didn’t have time to fix them back up yet. Well worth the price in my opinion. The round here makes you work on your course management, which is a nice challenge. It has plenty of elevation changes along with blind shots. Challenging and fun once you know where you’re going. If you’re swinging some not so accurate shots prepare to never see them again. Spots on this course are not so forgiving.

Great value

First tee time out!! The course was in “A” shape with a couple of soggy spots due to the much needed rain. No.6 was my least favorite but after viewing the hole I will play it diffently next time. Overall great value for a good course.

Needs upgrade of navigation on cart

I love this course. However, this course should have in place either yardage markers or a properly operating navigator on each cart.

Great course untimely round!

I wish I would have been told I had 3 1/2 hours to finish the course before the carts switched off. Great course, will have to start earlier to make sure I can finish the course. If course is going to shut down at 430, they should have a Marshall on course making sure groups play ready golf.

amizing course

This was a great course and an awesome price! The views are outstanding and the course was very difficult but when played correctly, extremely rewarding! the greens were in mint condition but were extremely fast and almost impossible to read! We had a blast and the only thing i saw that i would have changed is after 9 you completely miss the club house unless you turn around and go back. other than that. simplay outstanding!

Windy day

Pace was a bit slow. 41/2 hrs for 2 players. But, course was in good shape. Windy entire time, but made for challenging game... as if this course isn't challenginger enough. This good course everytime played here.

Very slow play

Course is good condition. Pace is play was extremely slow. On pace for a 6 hour round. We left after the 9th hole.

One of the best

As always HV will meet all of your expectations, very scenic, challenging layout and it will test every part of your game. Having said that, for some reason we had to wait on every hole making it over 5 hours to play. We didn't see the marshall untill the 12th hole which by then was too late to speed things up. The course was overly soggy, good for pin seeking, terrible for distance and roll. There were areas in the fairway that were either bare or burnt but we have been seeing this on many courses in Socal. Tee boxes were decent but could of used a little mowing. The beverage cart was on point, we probably saw her at least 4 times which is fantastic. All in all, we will keep HV in our rotation and deal with the little things.

Challenging golf course

This course is well maintained with plenty of fountain water and ball washer on the GPS equipped golf cart. We enjoyed playing this course.

Worth Playing Now

If you are really looking for a golf courses of which fairway and green are in very good and attractive shape at the reasonable and fair play fee in this dry season, Hidden Valley is the course worth playing now. We played the 5700 yards from White Tee, thinking that it might be short to play, on Oct 6, 2018 but it was really fun to play there and somewhat challenging in several holes and greens. I today enjoyed myself at the well-maintained golf course with beautiful views. If the bunkers were replenished by new sands, I would give 5 stars.

Tough but beautiful course

I've played Hidden Valley many times over the years. I hadn't played there in 6 months and I was happy to see that the course was in great shape today. Fairway grass was green and well maintained. Greens good also. This is a really beautiful course to play just because of the unique scenery and elevations. It's not an easy course by any means, but if you can keep the ball in front of you it can be a lot of fun.

All in all it's a really unique golf course and one I recommend if you are a decent player. I don't know if I would recommend this course for less experienced golfers just because of the degree of difficulty

Mira Loma, California