Camelback Golf Club - Padre Course

Style Traditional
Arthur Hills designed the Padre Course at Camelback Golf Club to deliver a fun round that's tough to forget. Trees tower, landforms show subtly, and bunkers improve your golf skills. The par-72 golf course measures 6,903 yards, and has gained its renown by offering a design that requires strategy. A round of golf on the Padre Course at the Camelback Golf Club kicks off on the par-4 first hole, which measures 446 yards from the black tees. Things get long on the fifth hole, a par 5 that comes in at 553 yards from the black tees, one of four 500-plus-yard holes. The 18th hole is one of these: It's 547 yards from the black tee to the post-round celebration. After your round on the Padre Course at Camelback Golf Club, head to the Golf Grill, serving U.S. cuisine and a fancy Sunday brunch in the style of Southwestern country clubs. There's also a luxury lounge where you can spend winters on the patio by the fireplace.
Camelback Golf Club - Padre
Black (W) 72 6868 yards 77.0 132
Yellow 72 6014 yards 67.1 118
Yellow (W) 72 6014 yards 72.5 122
Mixed Ladies (W) 72 5324 yards 70.4 117
Orange (W) 72 5023 yards 68.7 114
Scorecard for Padre
Black M: 72.2/130 446 364 183 410 553 416 410 220 518 3520 482 163 326 508 340 433 351 198 547 3348 6868
White M: 70.0/123 409 342 170 392 530 397 383 175 497 3295 454 142 302 492 304 414 330 175 513 3126 6421
Yellow M: 69.8/122 W: 74.5/133 390 308 146 374 496 371 365 156 480 3086 406 121 290 470 297 383 314 152 495 2928 6014
Red W: 68.7/121 320 294 127 332 426 333 296 134 418 2680 357 121 286 412 302 336 285 116 429 2644 5324
Orange M: 67.1/117 W: 70.3/126 320 250 102 288 426 296 296 106 418 2502 357 107 251 412 271 336 242 116 429 2521 5023

Year Built 1966
Greens TiffEagle Grass
Architect Arthur Hills (1999) Jack Snyder (1980)

Pull-carts No

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed
Metal Spikes Allowed Non-metal spikes are preferred.
Single Allowed No
Walking Allowed No
Dress code Collared shirts and Bermuda length shorts for men and appropriate attire for women. No denim is allowed for men or women.

Playing Multiple Courses 29

Love CB

Beautiful view from many holes especially 9/18. Great staff especially the starter. Good value.

Padre is a very nice treat

What an enjoyable course. Got into trouble a few times when water appeared that was unseen from where I was playing a shot. Greens are fast and true, although a few have severe slopes that can't be seen from 150+ out. I really enjoyed the Black/White combo at a little over 6600 yds. I will enjoy it even more the next time I play it as there are several holes I will play differently. But beautiful to the eye with dormant rough and well defined, lush fairways.

Great Day

Went to the course as a single and the bag guys hooked me up with another single who plays her quite a bit. Drove me to the range and put my clubs on his cart. Turned out we have a mutual friend. We’re joined by a couple and had a very pleasant day. Course was in great shape, greens were fantastic. Played in 4 hours so pace was very good. Would recommend the Padre course!

Day after Rain

This course is well laid out with lush fairways and perfect greens. The rough had dormant grass and we were not allowed off the cart paths at all.

At my age and considering my health, that was a bad surprise. Notification on that prior to teeoff with the option of cancelling would have made my day much better. Played with a 39 year old who has been in the golf business for 22 years and it showed in his prowess on the course. Very Cool!

Greens greens greens

Their greens are exceptional and interesting. Somehow they keep their bermuda greens all year round. This course is in beautiful condition.

Oh so close

Have played here many times and the course is in the best shape ever. Fairways were beautiful and greens that are fast and true. As is the case with most courses in the area the only real complaint relates to the lack of or inconsistent sand in the traps.

Tried for the 1st time

The course was in decent shape. It had just reopened from its reseeding. I was not thrilled to learn on the 1st tee that it was cart path only, that needs to be communicated earlier and on golf now.

It's much more open than most AZ courses, which makes it more forgiving. Hole 10 is impossibly long par 4 up hill. Two good shots from a mid to high handicapper will not get you home in regulation.

I wouldn't go out of my way to play this course but it was well worth the Hotdeal fee!

Course was average at best

The Padre course had just been aerated and it was cart path only. I was not informed of this or i would have selected another course.

Narrow fairways, small greens

Enjoy the pictures of the water cause that’s where your ball will probably be. With some fairways being only 75ft wide and sloping towards the water, well that’s where they’ll bounce to. The greens are all elevated so chip and run is out. And if the green has water beside it it will slope towards it. Save your money and play elsewhere. If you were close maybe but if you have to drive, go elsewhere. Way better courses than this.

Excellent space for summer conditions

Greens and tee boxes beautiful. Fairways very good. A little slow play though.

Greens

The greens were in very good condition. Putted true and held shots.

Too much $ for mediocre fairways

Greens were fine

nice track

you get to hit most of the clubs in your bag. greens were slow but fair

Nice Course. Bad Cart Girl.

I always try to balance the negative with a positive when writing a review. Let's start with the positives. The greens were in great shape for mid-summer and the course was in overall good condition. Had to roll the ball a few times off bare spots and the tee boxes were uncut. But overall this course offers a pleasant experience. Now for the negative. The day we played was 112 degrees and the ice in our cart cooler melted pretty quickly. When we asked the cart girl for more ice, we were told that was the job of the guys at the clubhouse cart barn. Thank goodness she gave us 1/2 scoop of fresh ice. This came off as being very inconvenient for her. Needless to say, no beverage purchases from us. And no tip for her. Her poor attitude notwithstanding, the round of golf overall was enjoyable.

Bad day at Blackrock!

Usually it's just me that these things happen to but here we go anyway.

Arrived at the course and parked where I always do in behind the putting green for the Ambiente course.

Then walked into the golf shop to check in. Gentleman at the counter was polite and professional no challenges here.

Picked up the cart for the day and drove over to the spot right in front of the "No carts Allowed in the parking lot" sign and parked there. Upon returning to the cart with our clubs we were scolded by an outside staff member for parking in the employees parking lot! There are NO signs indicating NO PARKING. This rude individual also said it was because they don't want carts in the parking lot. Well we weren't in the parking lot we were parked in front of the sign that states, "No carts Allowed in the parking lot" So not getting off to a good start.

Next, we went to warm up and after completing that we went to tee off. GPS didn't want to work so back to outside services who informed us just to drive back to the tee and it should begin to work, which it did.

While playing the front and using my laser we noticed yardage off by as much as 15 yards on some holes and reported it at the turn where we were informed yeah you can't really use those only to bunkers and hazards!

Well if the facility is aware of the problem shouldn't they fix it? Or at least inform the players of the error?

On 10 we let a faster twosome through and when walking off the green the Marshall asked us if we just jumped in on 10?

He stated he was just beginning his shift and wasn't sure what was going on.

Well wouldn't you find out first then ask? We told him we always let faster players through and it was the second group we had let through we aren't slow as we were just a twosome and finished in a round 3 hours but we still do understand etiquette!

So when going to a course to relax and play golf you really don't want to be harassed by the staff and the GPS should be working properly or turn it off.

This by far was one of the worst golfing experiences I've ever had! I have been playing golf for over 50 years and worked in the golf business for over 25 years!

We did nothing wrong but were treated like trespassers.

I have always enjoyed both 18's at Camelback but it'll be some time before I return.

I think the staff should investigate before they accuse. And to remember, as I do, when working at a course I am here to serve not be served!

This is my first review and it's only because it was such a bad experience that hopefully management will take note and advise outside staff to be more helpful than hurtful.

turtlenecksak
Commented On 2018-09-26T10:28:09.000+00:00

outside guy accused me that I stole their golf towel, because my golf towel happens to be same color as their.

Paradise Valley, Arizona