Sand Canyon Country Club

Blue 72 6392 yards
White 72 5931 yards
Gold 72 5230 yards
Scorecard for Desert/Mountain
Black M: 73.8/141 364 171 366 596 248 414 407 441 522 3529 532 424 402 153 398 204 376 293 429 3211 6740
Blue M: 71.4/135 347 157 340 548 209 377 386 375 502 3241 505 407 388 137 381 189 362 273 387 3029 6270
White M: 69.2/127 W: 75.2/137 322 138 318 508 166 361 354 321 485 2973 479 385 371 121 372 159 341 251 336 2815 5788
Gold M: 66.0/117 W: 70.7/126 292 106 289 468 131 282 283 271 459 2581 438 344 306 98 324 128 299 200 303 2440 5021

Year Built 2000

Dress code Tee Shirts and tank tops are prohibited, Shorts are to be no more than 4" above the knees, no cutt - offs, No Workout or athletic fitness clothing of any kind

19th Hole Specials 14
Amazing Food 13

Do Not Waste Your Money on this Course!!!!!!

I was nervous about this course from the start. All the reviews stating the Mountain Course is pathetic... Even at check in there was a customer complaining about the quality of the course, the pace of play etc....... I was still optimistic.

UNFORTUNATELY my optimism was soon shattered.

The course is by no means worth the price they ask, trust me. I play routinely at PGA West in LaQuinta and this is not even close to that though the price is the same.

Take my advice, spend your $ elsewhere.

It’s not worth the price!

I see the owner in his commercials stating come try it out...well I did and he should put the millions he says he put into the place on the course itself. Oh yeah and what about a Marshall or two!!!!

Pace is Glacier at best! Greens are slower than a Vermont Maple drip and the fairways are far from plush and green.

I will give them this, the personnel are polite, they gotta be to keep some sort of repeat players.

Trust me here...... Skip this place, you can find a much better value someplace else .

Response from Sand Canyon on 08/15/2018:
We are very sorry to hear you feel the course was not up to par while you were here.

Played Valley/Mountain 9s. Nice course, very challenging (141/139 slopes from white tees) with narrow fairways, blind shots, doglegs, and considerable changes in elevation. Would compare it to the front 9 of Tierra Rejada. Grass on the tee boxes and fairways was a little long, but understandable considering the hot weather we've had recently. Got a yardage book (free) in the pro shop. Would recommend to everyone playing their first time as there is no GPS. My only real complaint was the price. I think $90 is a bit high (perhaps they would throw in range balls or something). I would definitely play again.

Mark

Response from Sand Canyon on 08/15/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review of Sand Canyon. We have noted your concerns. Please come back and visit us soon.
Response from Sand Canyon on 08/15/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review of Sand Canyon Country Club. We would like to apologize for the slow pace of play. Please come back and tee it up with us soon.

Feedback

Beautiful golf course but the pace of play is awful. Seems there is no marshal to monitor.

Response from Sand Canyon on 08/09/2018:
We are very sorry to hear that the pace of play was slow while you were here. We hope your next round with us is much better.

No diagrams

For someone playing the course for the first time it was a little confusing not having any sort of course layout of the holes. Not knowing which holes have doglegs or where certain things may be was a little discouraging. The greens where nice and soft, fairways were decent. Overall it was a 4 out of 5.

Response from Sand Canyon Country Club on 07/30/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four-star review! We appreciate your feedback regarding the course layout display, but we are glad that you enjoyed your round of golf. Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

Very good golf course.

Played Valley & Desert 9s. Well manicured tee boxes and fairways. Greens in great shape but surprising slow. Challenging course - keep it in your fairway - precious few parallel fairways to accept wayward shots which most often find the junk next to "Rattle Snakes Were Seen Here" signs. Played during heatwave on July 11, 2018 but was pleasantly surprised by an overcast sky and a cool breeze. Best deal was on GolfNow. Was not able to get a drink afterward round - finished at 330, the cafe downstairs was locked and the sign on the bar upstairs said it would open at 5pm and no service was available. Asked in pro shop and dude confirmed there was nowhere to get a drink.

Response from Sand Canyon. on 07/18/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review of Sand Canyon Country Club. Glad to hear you were able to brave the heat. Please come back and visit us soon.
Response from Sand Canyon. on 07/05/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review of Sand Canyon. Please come back and visit us soon.

GREAT COURSE(s)

Played here a few times and it only gets better! There are a lot of renovations going on and I can't wait to see the finished product. Reason for the 4. GPS would help. To the playing golfers at SCCC......... PLEASE REPAIR YOUR DIVOTS ON THE GREEN!! here is a rule I play by: Repair an extra divot($) , the golf gods will grant you some one-putts. The staff is friendly and Sergio was pouring on Par. Bring some extra balls.... Or you might find some while searching for yours. Enjoy

Response from Sand Canyon Country Club on 06/18/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review of Sand Canyon Country Club. Please come back and visit us soon.

Sand canyon

The course was pretty good but the greens were rolling really slow. Putting was made difficult and anything off the green you had to be aggressive.

Response from Sand Canyon Country Club on 06/15/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review of Sand Canyon. Sorry to hear the greens were rolling slow. Please come back and visit us soon.

Do no play the Mountain course

Sand Canyon golf course only disappointed us when we decided to play the mountain side. It was horrible, the tee boxes needed mowing, the fairways were just ok. the greens needed to be mowed and rolled. They're doing a lot of construction on the mountain. U would think the guy at check in would be honest enough to tell us the real condition. Play Valley and Desert, u won't be disappointed having to drive over an hour to get there.

Response from Sand Canyon Country Club on 05/30/2018:
JNBrown, we appreciate your honesty with us. We will make sure our staff in the pro shop lets our golfers know of the current course conditions. Thank you for the 4-star review, please come back and visit us soon.

Great layout

Greens were great. Course is undergoing grounds improvements. Great potential to be a top course.

Response from Sand Canyon Country Club on 05/30/2018:
Thank you for playing Sand Canyon Country Club. Please come back and visit us soon.
Response from Sand Canyon Country Club on 05/30/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review of Sand Canyon Country Club. Please come back and visit us soon.

Great come back!

Over the last 6 weeks I played here 4 or 5 times. Before that is had been a few years do to the almost unplayable condition the course was in.

The greens are great, fairways are coming back nicely With all the water they are putting on them. Since the make over and then the fire that came through the staff has done an outstanding job. If you remember this was a 36 hole facility which is now a 27. The Old valley course is now called the Valley (front 9) and Desert (back 9) and they kept the old mountain front 9 with the same name. The mountain 9 has not been in the rotation much as they are doing some work and letting it grow in. This week the bunkers had all been redo with sand added and were nice and fluffy (unfortunately I was in a few). Tee boxes were a little shaggy but very playable. This course can play very difficult depending on how bad you miss. If you’re a long hitter think about clubbing down as position is better than distance. New golf carts last week, very nice. I’ll be back again soon!

Response from Sand Canyon Country Club on 05/22/2018:
Thank you so much for the kind words! We have been working hard to bring Sand Canyon to glory. We appreciate you noticing. Please come back and visit us soon.

Starting to look the part again!

This course is starting to look like the old RR courses.....I played early in the morning as a single and enjoyed the course. The fairways are a nice as well as the greens. The greens are very receptive and role nicely but are on the slower side at the moment. (still letting them grown back a little) I ended up playing the desert/ mountain combo for my 18. everything is coming along great but still some work being done to a few holes on the mountain 9. Some of the bunkers appear to be in the process of being re-done along with the lake on holes 3/4 mountain course. This will be a tough course once all hazards and bunkers are back in tip top shape. Was in a few bunkers during the round and each one unfortunately played different.

PS. I like the free pitcher of beer promo for a Birdie on hole 9 Desert side! Thank you for the Free Beer helped me on the back 9!

Response from Sand Canyon Country Club on 05/30/2018:
We are thrilled that you had an outstanding round with us! Thank you for the review! Please come back and visit Sand Canyon soon.

Wow hidden jem!

Beautiful course challenging 3 nines! Must check this out!!!

Response from Sand Canyon Country Club on 05/21/2018:

Bunkers and driving range

I have played this course for many years. The tee boxes, fairways, and greens are in great shape. It is disappointing to see exposed liners and weeds/Bermuda grass in the bunkers. The driving range looks tacky with the synthetic turf that was recycled from a football field. The range balls are in poor condition. If these deficiencies are not remedied the course will not live up to the old Robinson Ranch as it was in it’s prime and certainly won’t be the 5 star resort Mr. Kim is trying to achieve.

Response from Sand Canyon Country Club on 05/21/2018:
Thank you for playing Sand Canyon. We have noted your concerns and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

A Gem Again?

Under new management, the course has undergone numerous changes and is recovering from a fire. It will take a little more time and TLC and this course will be a gem again. That being said it is very playable now. The greens are beautiful, soft and pure but on the slow side. Played the Desert/Valley combo. Can't speak for the Mountain course. Will definitely return.

Response from Sand Canyon Country Club on 05/14/2018:
Response from Sand Canyon Country Club on 04/25/2018:

This a country club for the public.

First time there. Will be on the top of my list for a great golf outing. First class. Play smart--its more fun.

Response from Sand Canyon Country Club on 04/11/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review of Sand Canyon Country Club. Please come back and tee it up with us soon.

It could be a good course, but....

Valley course was in reasonable shape. Desert course was rough as tee boxes were in bad shape. Greens were in very good shape.

No ball washers. Markers have not been changed since it was Robinson Ranch.

The worst thing is the snack shop was closed and you could not get any food at all. We were starving and we could not even get snacks. We should have been advised in advance so we could have brought our own food. No greeter or marshall on course. It looks like they are very short on money and not putting any money into course. For what we paid, it was reasonable value. However, I would not pay more than $65 for the condition the course is in. It is a shame that this course is not kept in condition as it is a great layout..

Response from Sand Canyon Country Club on 04/03/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review of Sand Canyon Country Club. Sorry to hear you did not enjoy the conditions of the golf course. We are currently working to improve our course conditions.
Santa Clarita, California