Type Public/Municipal
Gatlinburg Golf Course

Year Built 1955
Architect William Langford (1955) Bob Cupp (2007) Bob Cupp (1993) Dan Maples (1974) David Johnson (1993)

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only

Snacks

Lodging

Lodging Available

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Conference Facilities

Nice change of scenery

Decent value in a true tourist trap location - $55 all in was just about right

Not worth the money......unless

First off starter seemed extremely unorganized, trying to squeeze golfers in. I ended up being put with 3 other guys. None of us had met each other before which is fine. I’m an ok golfer 4 handicap. One of the guys with us should not have been on this golf course. Lost balls every hole, ended up about 80 over. I understand that everyone has different abilities but when you pay $75 for a round I don’t expect to be standing around waiting and waiting. The round was nearly 5 hours long. If you are thinking of playing this course by yourself think again. You will be put with complete random golfers of who knows what ability. Also when we got to the 12th hole including us there were 16 guys on the hole.

4 on green. 4 on tee. We were waiting and then another 4 some came up and waited behind us.

No marshal to move pace of play along. For a course that has strict rules and policies they really don’t enforce them. I saw a guy tee off on the first when I finished in jeans and a t-shirt. Again I don’t mean to sound like a snob. It’s a touristy course but then lower your prices. I was so excited to play this course and by hole 12 I just wanted the round to be over. I played really well for 11 holes. 1 over thru 11. We were already slow due to a very poor golfer in our group and then we hit slower golfers.

Conditions were cart path only which didn’t help as the one guy kept slicing his ball and always seemed to be the furthest possible distance he could be from his ball. It was very wet (not the courses fault) heavy rain 3 days prior. So he’d have a long walk to his ball. Hit that right. Walk back to cart to get club and then have to walk even further the next time.

Very very frustrating round. I really wanted it to be a great day. I had a 7 and a half hour drive home after this extremely long round.

Would be fun to play with a group of friends or similar standard golfers. Maybe a weekday or in the off season would be better.

I would play it again but I’d try and book the first tee time.

tough mountain course for back 9

the front nine is wide open and slightly hilly for those who have difficulty walking. the back nine is almost all dog legs, mountainous and poor putting conditions

Great course, great layout, long round.

The Gatlinburg Golf Course is a very aesthetically, pleasing course that can challenge you, especially on the back nine. It is a tale of 2 nines. The front is more open and a nice warm up for a challenging back nine. The back nine is one of the most scenic nines you will ever play, cut right into the side of the mountains. The par 3 #12 hole is a sight and a memorable hole. A 200 ft. drop to a receiving green was the highlight of my round. The only drawback is that the back nine is so challenging, that play is slow at best. But, if you're taking in the mountains on vacation, it's an ok way to have to wait. Staff was extremely friendly and patient with waiting customers. It's a 4.5 to 5 hour round, but I'd do it again just for the views.

Beautiful Course

I was extremely satisfied with the Gatlinburg Golf Course!!! It was well maintained, and clean. The staff was friendly, and the cart info system was great!!! I will definitely be back.

Lawn crew

I really wish that the lawn crew would’ve stopped mowing around us when we were on the fairways. It was a big distraction when they were mowing 20 feet from us without a care in the world.

Beautiful Course, but a little frustrating!

This was an absolutely beautiful , well—designed course. Checkin in and tee time was efficient and on -time. However with only 15 minutes allowed per hole, we were always under pressure from messages in our golf cart to catch up. We had early tee time, and before we got there, grounds crew had sprayed little balls of foam to mark where sod maintenance should be. Unfortunately these looked exactly like golf balls. So we wasted Mach if our 15 minutes per hole trying to find our balls on the fairway!

Loved the course

I enjoyed this course so much! Especially the back side. #12 made me nervous due to how high the tee box was verses how far down the green was. Probably my most favorite course I’ve ever played

Great course, poor pace of play

Course was in good condition and the layout is enjoyable for all skill levels. Only issue was the nearly 40 minute wait at the par 3 12th hole. It may be the signature hole, but the wait is ridiculous.

Scenic Course-A tale of two 9’s

Gatlinburg is a very nice course. The front 9 is a fairly wide open, albeit hilly layout-3 par 5’s make for a par 37. The back nine is completely different. Tight fairways-some felt like narrow chutes with many blind shots. #12 is the signature Par 3 with a drop of over 200’ from tee to green-makes for a visually appealing hole that you won’t soon forget. Tends to backup here, but we weren’t in.a rush. A fun course-but even with GPS on the carts, a little local knowledge would help in knowing how to play. Fun day.

Pro doesn’t like visitors

He told me if I didn’t like ( being lied to ) just Don’t Come Back !! What happened to southern hospitality. I was treated better at the Waffle House !!

Bad experience

The pro is tired and cranky. New management is needed!!

Horrible pro

The pro doesn’t like visitors. He told me to “just not come back. “. Greens were rough. I think they just cater to there $ 600 annual pass members

50 - 50

The staff were friendly and helpful and they had a pretty good system in place for cleaning carts between golfers. The front 9 definitely seemed in better shape than the back 9; some of the greens on the back 9 did not look good. The speed of play was also better on the front 9 even though a couple of groups bailed on the back 9. We did not get to finish our round; we finished 16 holes.

Plays Twice a year

Beautiful Course

I was vacationing in the area and wanted to play a round of golf. This course was beautiful. The golf carts were equipped with GPS. This course is definitely hilly. I played in the afternoon, when it was extremely hot and only ended up playing nine holes.

Sevierville, Tennessee