Pelican Hill Golf Club - South
Yellow 70 4723 yards 63.6 109
Yellow (W) 70 4723 yards 68.0 119
Scorecard for Ocean South
Black M: 72.0/133 443 353 346 142 359 402 193 562 455 3255 475 367 159 131 544 407 219 570 453 3325 6580
Blue M: 70.6/130 429 342 334 142 340 397 177 552 435 3148 441 350 154 125 517 383 208 557 440 3175 6323
White M: 69.0/125 W: 75.2/138 407 306 312 134 308 380 164 513 423 2947 425 329 141 113 471 355 187 542 419 2982 5929
Red M: 66.6/118 W: 72.4/132 393 306 310 120 284 336 150 426 398 2723 385 300 113 109 411 287 146 528 391 2670 5393
Yellow M: 63.6/109 W: 68.0/119 378 291 249 101 226 220 116 426 347 2354 297 300 113 97 411 287 87 478 299 2369 4723

Year Built 1991
Fairways Hybrid Bermuda Grass
Greens Poa Annua/Bent Grass
Architect Tom Fazio (1991) Dennis Wise (1991)

Caddies Yes
Pitching/Chipping Area No

The Pebble of the Southern California!

This is a gem hidden in the plain site. I've played most of the California Coast courses. And this one is one of the most beautiful places you can visit, and I would say is right behind that of any Coast Courses up in Monterey County that included Pebble and Spanish Bay.

The weather was perfect and the recent morning fog kept the South Course just perfect... this course calls for consistency and imagination while playing. For anyone that likes the game of golf this is one place to visit.

My group was shocked how perfect the place was/is and how playable it is. Great views and great sounds of the Ocean.... plenty of vistas that call for photograph.

This place is definitely worth the price of admission.

Tas

Perfect round with a deal

We got a 2 for 1 deal so only paid $135 which is well worth it for this course. Course was in amazing shape and the views were surreal. Only two knocks i would have is the lack of a putting green that's on par with the course/range and the complete lack of places to fill up your water bottle. Outside of that it was one of my favorite rounds Ive played, 5 stars

Swanky

The clubhouse is as Nice as anywhere you’ll ever go. The range was nice. Real grass to hit off of with a lot of targets. Ocean holes were pretty. The course conditions were fine. The price tag is not worth it. It’s a resort course so they get away with charging $250+. I didn’t see any caddies on the course but thought that was a thing here. Torrey pines is a much nicer alternative down the freeway a bit and it’s roughly the same price. I’d compare this course with Aviara in Carlsbad. One problem I did have is the bunkers had large rocks. At least the bunkers I had to hit out of.

Pelican Hill Ocean South

Fabulous course, condition & weather !!!!!
Great value at $171 (minus $10 credits)

Over rated

Extremely slow pace of play. Player assistants don’t do anything. Members that play there are very slow.

Enjoyable golf course

Great views and some challenging holes. Greens in very good condition. Fairways ok. Great enjoyment to play this course. Hope to be back to play the North course.

Pelican Hills

Due to recent abnormally wet and cool weather the course was not in top shape. While only so much can be done under these circumstances charging normal rates for a 5 hour round will keep me from returning in the near future.

Spectacular Ocean Views

By far the best course I have ever played. Amazing views of the ocean from the back 9 on the south course. Great practice facility and greens were in pristine condition. Absolutely will be back again. I brought some music business partners to treat them to a game. What a great place for a meeting. Enjoy!

Very Enjoyable Round of Golf

We were lucky to get a hot deal rate for this round. Nice weather, good pace of play. I wish the course had water stations. But that is only a small nitpick.

Perfect Day at Pelican Hill

I was searching Golf Now on Thanksgiving to find a place to play and noticed Pelican Hill South Course was $150???? I looked and it was $150 all day long. I thought this must be a typo so I booked a tee time right away. This was not a “Hot Deal” it was a “Molten Deal” all day long. I showed up Sunday at 10:30am expecting the staff to say this was a glitch, my tee time was at 11:20am, checked in and to my surprise paid my $150 to the very friendly golf staff and it was on. They have complimentary balls on the driving range, as many as you want and a nice practice putting green. We started our round and loved every minute. The tee boxes, fairways and greens were in awesome shape except one green in which my 20 foot putt was going straight at the hole and missed due to it hopping on a divot most likely the guys in front of us who were really slow. Finally at hole 12 they let us pass and no more divots on the greens and very quick pace. We finished in 4 hours 7 minutes. The 18th hole is awesome. Drove over the ravine and landed in the bunker to the left. 5 wood out of the bunker over the other ravine and landed on the fringe in a funky lie and grass. Chipped a bit past the hole and 18 foot putt in for par. Awesome way to finish. For $150 it was an amazing deal and amazing day!!!

Overpriced lunch bag letdown

As all golfers I like to be pleasantly surprised. It gets more difficult to experience this when you pay 300$ for a round of golf. At check in maybe they'd have a bag tag for you not this place. Range facility nice, putting green is the truest rolling green on the course. They haven't soaked it. Some very good looking holes, some stunning ocean views. I am a 9 handicap have lost some distance so played white tees 6000 yes. My best choice. They soaked the course I guess to keep it nice on postcard. There is something wrong when you hit a 3 wood into a par 4 and it plugs on a flat fringe. Mud balls all day. The four caddy provided with the round gives you yardage. That's all carry. The only hole I actually did not like was I think 17 a par 5, long hole hit good driive, good three wood, I then have a blind shot 185 yes uphill to a well bunker green. I nut it it plugs on fringe another mud ball. It will be a long time before I pay this price for a round of golf. My fault as kids say" my bad"

British Columbia Advisor

TOP 10

Pelican Hill is a special place. I love both courses and I look forward to heading to California many times a year to play here.

Typically I play the late afternoon, never have I had any issue with pace of play, the course is immaculate, views are stunning and the overall life experience is why I can't wait to get back there.

Club house, change rooms and all facilities are luxury. I take advantage of the mens room after a round and then head in for a bite to eat.

If your in the area you have to experience Pelican Hill, if not then make a plan to do it.

World class everything!

Beautiful Course

Thought the course was very nice but the price was above average for the area. The views were spectacular but having played in Hawaii for a third of the price with better views, don't think I would golf here again.

Santa Ana, California