Shingle Creek Golf Club

Year Built 2003
Architect David Harman Thad Layton (2016)

Pull-carts No

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed
Single Allowed Yes
Dress code Collared shirts for men, no denim, and Bermuda length shorts are required.

Entertaining Clients 48

Staff

I hadn't played at Shingle Creek in nearly 8 months. The course was in great shape. The greens were still recovering from being punched last month, so they were a little slow and some of them were worse than others. The tee boxes, fairways, and around the greens were quite nice. I would have no reservations going back.

Played here for the forth time in 6 years great course played it in under 3 hours 11.30 tee off time course in great condition greens were recovering from work being done on them 2weeks ago but could still putt on themt no problem would definitely be back

Can’t wait to play it again!

I try to play a new course every week through golf now, and start to create a short list of courses that I will play more consistently once I’ve gone through most of them. I can say that 100% certainty that Shingle Creek will be on my short list. Course is always in fantastic shape. Not a lot of water, but some longer holes are certainly a challenge. Greens are coming out of aeration so they were a little fast. Staff is always friendly, and amenities are fantastic. Looking forward to my next round soon!

Very Slow pace of play

First, this is one of the nicest courses in the area. I like the course. But on this day, there was a tournament that we ran into on the 5th hole. Our foursome played the first 4 holes in about 45 minutes. Then once we ran into the tournament, it came to a crawl. The round took 4 hours and 40 minutes. We booked on GolfNow, and there was nothing about a tournament. The group behind us was really unhappy because they had called the clubhouse that same morning and were not told about the tournament. Also the greens were in poor shape from being aerated a couple of weeks before.

Fabulous course

It had been a while since I have played Shingle Creek, but I will be back soon. Although the greens had been freshly punched and sanded, which Golfnow warned us about, the rest of the course was in great shape. The vegetation/lakes/trees/landscape is very well laid out and well taken care of. Certain holes are a bit challenging. We played from the blue tees, and there was one 450 yard par 4 which seemed a bit long. Yet, there as a 250 yard par 4 that we drove to the green and managed a birdie. Very interesting layout that will challenge even the skilled golfer.

Not what it use to be.

I played the course before the changes and I must say the old course played better except no.7 which now plays as a par5 but use to be no.9 a par 4. That hole is an evil character in a Disney movie, don't let the looks deceive you my friends, there's a beast in sheeps clothing. The greens were painstakingly slow and the course played well, it was cartpath only all 18 holes which made the round that much longer. I played with 2 other guys and they were pleasant. Overall I enjoy the course everytime I play there and for now I recommend it as a must play.

Wet course.

They have been getting a lot of rain in this area, unfortunately the course is as wet as a sponge.
The course is nice but conditions make it hard to play, you are constantly in mud or water.
They could have done a better job to notify us of the course conditions, the pro shop made no mention.
Because of these wet conditions it was cart path only, made it slow and uncomfortable to carry a few clubs each time.
I would not play this course until it has dried out, take your money somewhere else.

Super wet and not cheap

We have played the course 12 months before and found it to be a lovely layout and in nice condition and priced as you would expect around 50 bucks for 18.
However we played it today and the course was extremely wet. Mud and water covered you on most shots with little to no areas to move your ball on the fairways to a dryer lie. Understandably with recent rain this is something that can not be helped however I believe the green fee should have been reduced as it was still over $50 for the 18 holes considering some of the fairways and around the greens were unplayable

Everything was great except for one. End of round, the valet takes your cart and clubs and drives it up to bag drop. You then have to walk up to meet them. I think you should be able to drive up yourself. I understand no cars in parking lot but customer service wise, you should be able to drive it to bag drop. Place is amazing though!

Solid round

Was a great day on the course. Course was a little wet and greens were a bit slower than normal but always a quality round at Shingle creek

Favorite course in town

I’m a born Orlandoian. This course is by far my favorite. Very rarely is pace of play slow and the course is in immaculate shape! Good job shingle creek!

Challenging but fair

I have wanted to play this course for a long time. The only issue we had was that the course was extremely wet. The lead to cart path only and for a long day. Don't know if drainage is an issues but it never dried out. The Pro-shop and restaurant were great as well as the entire staff. will try and go back when the weather changes and conditions are drier.

Shingle Creek 20190731

Played Shingle Creek with my 14 year old grandson. We played as a two-some and were sent off about 40 minutes before our tee time behind a couple of foursomes. We were able to take our time but maintain a better than four hour pace of play.

The course is in excellent condition. The greens were receptive and putts rolled very good. The fairways were good and while the rough was enough to affect the shot, it was very fair.

Good round of golf and look forward to playing it again.

Too soggy to have fun

Beautiful course until you actually play it. All the recent rain caused my tee shots to plug in the middle of the fairway and made the course play far longer than it should have. The inability to mow the rough on the front nine caused fairway misses to punish more than it should. Will have to plan my next round there a little more carefully!

Nice

Cart path only made for slower play. Tournament before us left the greens with plenty of unprepared ball marks. Greens were punched a couple of weeks ago so rolled bouncy.

Good course with a nice layout. Greens had been aerated but were in very good condition. A couple holes had temporary tee boxes. Overall a nice course.

Request A Vacation Quote From Rosen Shingle Creek
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Rosen Shingle Creek will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.