2.6

Riverwalk Golf Club

Year Built 1988
Fairways Bermuda grass

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed
Dress code Country Club attire required. T-shirts, Beachwear, Denim (Jeans) are prohibited

Playing Multiple Courses 60

Mission/Presidio

Course and Staff were excellent in helpfulness, courtesy, and my Breakfast Burrito was great! The overall condition of the course was very good. Pace of play could have been better, but in NO REGARDS to the course or staff. Our 3some was just having a rough day of it, we had no one to blame but ourselves. Still, all in all, it was a great day to get out and take the challenge.

Commented on 10/18/2019

Thank you for sharing your last round at Riverwalk GC! We're glad you all had a great day and overall experience! Hope to see you back again soon!

Commented on 09/18/2019

Thank you for rating your round at Riverwalk. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us.

Commented on 09/11/2019

We appreciate the review. You rated us 2-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Riverwalk Golf Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Riverwalk - the dump

pathetic course conditions. either mud holes or large dead spots. they did not mention that the greens were punched and sanded when the reservations were made 5 days ago. will not be back at any price

Commented on 09/10/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We understand your frustration and hope you will bear with us as we work diligently to make improvements. Thanks for choosing Riverwalk Golf Club.

A players review...

Always slow. Always. Course layout is fun for not having much hill/elevation. Course can play tough even though it’s shorter. The greens are usually faster than they should be considering the green slope, but usually in decent shape.

Tees and greens are usually in good shape. Fairways and bunkers are usually not.

Pros - fun little course, playable for all levels, layout is solid. Greens in good shape.
Food/restaurant is really fantastic. Great sandwiches and

Cons - about $15-$20 overpriced. The location is what you’re paying for with the course in a central location, not necessarily the course.
A minimum 4 hour 45 minute round, no exceptions. I’ve had rounds 5 hour 30 mins. Tees are stacked together, plenty of hacks play this course, not much help from any marshals.

Commented on 09/04/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars and we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Riverwalk Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon.

In Good Shape

Riverwalk has improved the course conditions measurably since my last visit this past fall. Had a lot of fun.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Hi bassmanleon. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate the improvements you've seen since last fall. Thank you for the 4 stars and we hope to see you back again soon!

Commented on 08/26/2019

We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Riverwalk Golf Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Very Disappointing

The course was very disappointing. We booked directly with the course though a promo that was emailed to me.

Strike 1, like all riverwalk coupons read the fine print. Even if you call in the tee time, mention the promo you are using and they confirm it over the phone. That’s what I did, only to find out I overlooked a clause in the fine print. We ended up paying for two players on a weekday $156 for 18 holes with cart and a small bucket of balls. I wouldn’t pay over $20 per person for this course.

Strike 2, the course is in terrible condition. It would have been great at some point (made the reservation 5 days before) if someone from the team had mentioned how poor of condition the course was. Every other hole we played had a lot of grounds work.

Strike 3, I sent a very long and detailed email to Chris, the manager one week ago. Never got a reply.

Great layout

I enjoyed the course. # 3 is interesting and challenging, would love to play that hole again. SOME, not all, fairways were not in the greatest shape but entirely playable. Greens were in great shape. Staff was friendly and helpful. I had never played the course before, not from CA, starter gave the group I was paired with a heads up on #1 on where to hit your tee shot. It was a great hot deal. I would not pay the regular weekend fee of $99 to play the course due to the fairways. Looks like they are doing their best to improve the fairways though, a lot had "ground under repair" in spots. Overall if I were here again and found a "hot deal" for the course I would play it again. I do understand that golf courses can't operate under "hot deals".

Commented on 08/26/2019

Hi Steve. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Riverwalk Golf Club.

Staff not friendly, not helpful

I played this course a few months ago and they had the groups packed together so closely that we had 4 groups waiting on a par 3. The exact thing happened the previous time we played the course. With the EXTREME slow pace of play, we had to pack it up after 9 holes. We went to the clubhouse to complain, and apparently so did half the other groups on the course that day because all the people in front of us and behind us had the same issues. They gave us all vouchers for 9 holes.

Here's the kicker. The vouchers expire in 3 months. So when my buddy and I finally were able to get out on the course again today (beyond 3 months) they had expired. We figured they would be nice enough to honor them considering. Nope. Taylor, the young man at the front desk was not helpful. I explained that I rarely get the chance to get to the course because of my family obligations. I also told him I did not think it was a great way to run a business by cramming in as many players as possible and when players complain, give them vouchers in which some will expire. His annoyed response was, "it's a popular course."

Wow. This use to be our go to course. We even would have work events here. I gave you a chance to redeem yourself today and you failed.

Commented on 08/26/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very serious. Thank you for playing Riverwalk Golf Club.

Decent course for a hot deal price

Very nice layout with some pretty holes on the front nine. At full price it is overpriced for the condition of the course which is not great. Greens are very consistent though and fairly pure but the fairways are rough. If you can get a deal it can be one of the nicer rounds available in SD.

Commented on 08/09/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service during your next visit to Riverwalk Golf Club!

Very disappointed

I had not played Riverwalk in over a year.
Decided to play this month and I was sad to see the fairway conditions on most holes.
MY son & I really enjoyed playing there, but after this last round, I will look elsewhere.
I really hope they can bring it back to really good playing conditions.

Commented on 08/26/2019

Hi, MQeFRYJy0TcnIg6LgKYF. We appreciate your feedback and are going to pass it along to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Riverwalk Golf Club. We hope you and your son will give us another try in the future.

Nice couse but not in good shape

The greens were in good condition. Unfortunately, the pitch marks are often not repaired by the players. Bunkers and fairways were very hard fairways with little grass. Too bad, since the layout of the couse, with 3x9 holes would be really good.

Commented on 08/09/2019

HiBirdieTaxi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and provide your feedback. Thank you for the 4 stars and for playing Riverwalk Golf Club.

Commented on 08/09/2019

Hello, northmen24. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Riverwalk Golf Club.

Fairway is terrible.

I played lots of course all over the country. This course is probably a worse course I ever played. Definitely, I would never go to play this course again neither recommend to anyone. I'm very disappointed.

Response from on 08/05/2019:
We're sorry to hear you were disappointed in your experience and take 1-star reviews very seriously. If you have any additional concerns or feedback for how we could improve your experience, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at the course.

still good

The course is starting to dry out but it is still in pretty good shape for this time of year. If anything the greens are a little bit spongy. Hole #3 is in pretty rough shape because they are repairing the turf and much of it is roped off to carts. The rest of the course is very playable.

Commented on 08/09/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Riverwalk, fordc46. Your feedback is valuable andwe hope you'll be back to play us again soon!

Response from on 07/31/2019:
Thank you for rating your experience at Riverwalk!

Very disorganized. Did not honor my tee time....about 25 minutes late. They honored a big group. I asked to get ahead of the group, as I knew the tee was open but they did not let me. The course was in horrible condition. Not worth the money, I would not play it again.

Great Day Out.

Played with some awesome regulars Good play all around. Fantastic skill displayed amongst this 4some. I Recommend to play here as a single or bring your mates. I am coming back and gonna kill it again Woo hoo thanks to the Cart girls visits. We couldn’t have done it without you.
A must to Play this course Thank You for the opportunity to play here.

Response from on 07/22/2019:
It was our pleasure, Ryan! We're glad you had a great experience at Riverwalk and appreciate your recommendation!
Response from on 07/09/2019:
Thank you for rating your last round at Riverwalk!
Coronado, California