Riverwalk GC - Presidio Nine: View from #5

Riverwalk Golf Club

Year Built 1988
Fairways Bermuda grass
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1998) Ted Robinson, Jr. (1998)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed
Dress code Country Club attire required. T-shirts, Beachwear, Denim (Jeans) are prohibited

Playing Multiple Courses 60

Course played well. Perhaps cart person more frequently. Also the sand traps are a little too hard. Need more sand.

Commented on 03/09/2020

Thank you for leaving 4 stars! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

Terrible conditions, bad staff and pace of play was horrendous

Boy, this course sucks. The greens are disease ridden, with 3 different colors of grass on them, and the fairways were mostly barren. The pace of play was the worst I have ever seen here, as it took almost 3 hours to play the front nine. The staff didn’t want to help us with this, and they were unprofessional! We will never come back here!! I hate this place!

Commented on 03/02/2020

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

No bang for the buck

I knew of the course having passed it a thousand times. I had always thought the course was nice, especially considering the price to play. Sadly I can't really say anything good about the course. For the money I would expect GPS in the cart and much better course conditions to name a couple. Having reserved the tee time and price online, I received a comment from an employee stating that we had a great price. Apparently the weekday 6:30am tee time is more! I've paid as much for other courses in SD and I don't think I'll return here!

Commented on 02/24/2020

Nice muni close to the city.

This course has a very nice layout. Located right in the middle of San Diego. Wasn't in the greatest of shape and the greens were slow, but if you can get a late morning tee time on a golf now hot deal, it's definitely worth $26!

Commented on 03/05/2020

Thank you for leaving a review! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those stars. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

Easy day

Played with a husband and wife and had a few slower groups in front of us but still got around in 4 hours course is in pretty decent shape

Commented on 02/19/2020

Thank you for leaving 4 stars nanagreen! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

Commented on 02/18/2020

Not worth full price

I got a hot deal of $30, I wouldn't pay anymore. Fairways in rough shape, greens were in decent shape.

Commented on 02/18/2020

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit

Be nice

It wouldn’t hurt the starter to be nicer to the people playing golfing at your course. I have played at lots of courses all over the country and I have come to the conclusion that the enjoyment I derive from my outings is directly related to the pleasantness of the staff. Being cordial and informative to visitors goes a long way!

Commented on 02/14/2020

Good round early on a Friday

My foursome teed off at 7a on Friday. The pace was excellent. We played Mission and Presidio as the Friars is now closed. Course looks good and the grass is coming back in some places that used to be real rough areas. There has been ongoing work done and it looks to be paying off. The gentleman who was assisting as the starter that day was really friendly, great customer service.

Commented on 02/10/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review Spike! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Commented on 02/07/2020

Golf Course in Excellent Condition

I had the twilight tee time at 2pm. The sun was shining with a cold ambient temperature in the low 60s.
The course was in excellent condition. Few of the fairways have under repair sticks around them due to recent rain.
The greens were shaved tight so expect a faster roll of the ball.
The pace of the play were normal. At times, I felt like we were slow.
Unfortunately, I didn't have my game altogether. It was very disappointing considering it was a perfect day to play.
Overall I had fun. I will continue to play this course.

Good play!

Commented on 03/05/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon!

First time playing this course. Visiting from Midwest. Have played numerous courses in and around San Diego/Carlsbad area. An above average urban course. I had time to play an extra nine holes but the pro shop folks refused to offer any discount off of a full price, so I passed and the course got nothing additional. Too bad for both of us.

Good Value - Great Location

I'm visiting my son who lives in San Diego, and I wanted to play close to his apartment. I picked up a hot deal for $34. The greens were nice and the course overall was in good condition. There were a few fairways where the grass was thin, but you could see they were working on those holes and carts had to stay in the rough. Pace of play was decent for a Sunday - teed off at 1:15 and finished all 18 at 5:30. I'll play here again before going home to Ohio.

Commented on 01/28/2020

Thanks for leaving us 4 stars! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

Terrible

Played this course last month. One of the worst conditioned golf courses I’ve ever played. Check out my pics on yelp. Fairways were basically dirt. Hardly any grass. Greens were ok. But for 73.00 not worth it. Really not worth it for any price if you value a course that is well maintained. Sad.

Good Course but no GPS in a cart

I have not played here for a while, and I noticed that
the GPS in a cart was no longer available. But thanks to the recent rain, the fairway condition looks to have improved. Both Green and Bunker are OK, too. Good course overall this is. Hoping all the bare spots in fairway
will be gone.

Beauty in the Valley

Everything you want from a local track... enjoyable staff, good drinks and greens that putt true...the grounds crew is putting in their hours and the course is showing improvements in the little details...walked a 4 round

Commented on 01/13/2020

Thanks for leaving us a review, we're glad you enjoyed your time at Riverwalk!

3.1973470588

Valid dates: Apr 04, 2020 - Sep 30, 2020
Here at Coachman's Golf Resort we pride ourselves on the high quality of magnificent golf, superb amenities and outstanding service that we offer our valued customers.