TPC Louisiana

TPC Louisiana is situated just 15 minutes from downtown New Orleans but you'll feel like you're at a private nature reserve. When the golf course opened in 2004, Golf Digest ranked it as the fourth best upscale public, course and GolfWeek consistently ranks it in their list of "Best Courses You Can Play." As part of the Audubon Golf Trail, it stretches across more than 250 acres of wetlands along the Mississippi River delta. The TPC Louisiana layout will challenge you with more than 100 strategically placed bunkers and water hazards on several holes. Five different sets of tees allow players of all skill levels to enjoy the course. The PGA Tour tees are the longest, measuring a whopping 7,400 yards. The golf course finishes with its signature hole. For your final test you'll face a tough par 5 with water along the entire right side.
TPC Louisiana Golf Club
PGA Tour 72 7399 yards 76.3 139
Dye 72 6931 yards 73.8 136
Tournament 72 6610 yards 72.4 133
Players 72 6172 yards 70.1 130
Players (W) 72 6172 yards 76.6 140
Club 72 5121 yards 70.6 124
Scorecard for TPC
TPC M: 76.3/139 399 548 221 482 438 476 561 372 207 3704 390 575 492 377 216 490 355 215 585 3695 7399
Dye M: 73.8/136 366 527 167 465 425 454 528 336 195 3463 375 546 470 351 192 457 340 172 565 3468 6931
Tournament M: 72.4/133 354 507 155 453 410 440 504 312 174 3309 355 530 450 331 178 433 323 153 548 3301 6610
Players M: 70.1/130 W: 76.6/140 344 490 135 406 362 383 492 300 154 3066 338 507 422 317 167 388 312 141 514 3106 6172
Club M: 70.6/124 W: 74.2/135 312 411 101 333 307 296 397 274 111 2542 309 413 323 250 134 328 294 113 415 2579 5121

Year Built 2004
Fairways Tifsport Bermuda
Greens Miniverde Bermuda
Architect Pete Dye (2004)

Credit Cards Accepted Mastercard, Visa, Discover and American Express

Entertaining Clients 6

It is was cart path only and the range/practice tee was closed for too much rain, but it was a great course other than that, would love to the lay it again!!

Fair

We played only 12 holes and then the rain startet. They had to close the Course because the havey rain. We got a Refund for 9 holes. Thank You.

Plays Once a year

First Round in FIVE years

Course was great other than no carts being allowed due to recent rains, which slowed down the pace of play. Balls did not roll much, if at all, in the fairways. The greens played very well! Someone in an earlier group must have had lead weights in their shoes and couldn’t lift their feet when walking on the greens. I also heard they will be punching greens in the next couple of weeks, along with chemically burning all the grass and reseeding it, and there is a plan to completely redo all turf in the next year or so. Plan your future trips accordingly.

Rain out

Midway through on the 10th hole we had to quit. The rain was too intense to hang around. It didn’t appear that it was going to stop soon. If it did the course would have been too wet to play. I should have check with the front desk for a rain check but it was raining so hard I was wet enough. Maybe they will remember me.

1st time at a TPC

First time on a TPC course, and it did NOT disappoint. They were aerating for 2 weeks when I was down there on vacation, and while it wasn't "ideal" conditions, the course was in very good shape.

Staff was beyond friendly and the food was outstanding.

Got a great deal ($79) for playing the course and would do so again at the regular price.

Thank you for a great initial TPC experience!!!

Drains great

I thought the price was s little high but overall the course is in great condition. I always seem to play well there I played a course in Houston and their carts are awesome. Behind the the drivers side they had a ball and club cleaner. Also in the cart are 2 USB ports to charge your electronics. Cell phone, tablet etc. TPC Avondale could use upgraded carts.

tpc

Played right after the zurich open, course was in fantastic shape.

Mississippi Advisor

Underwhelming

On the surface, there are a lot of reasons to be optimistic about TPC Louisiana: it carries the TPC label, it’s a PGA Tour stop, it’s a Pete Dye Design, and until a few years ago it was considered a Top 100 track.

But the course simply doesn’t live up that billing. Aside from three or four interesting holes, the course is forgettable. You see the same bunkers running up the sides of fairways over and over again. You see tiny, oddly shaped greenside bunkers that serve no obvious purpose. The condition of the course was fine, but nowhere close to conditions befitting a $200+ green fee. Nearly every bunker on the course was running low on sand, which made it nearly impossible to slide a wedge underneath a ball.

If the course were billed as a muni (and priced like one), then people would rave about it. But that’s not the standard that it’s priced at. And that standard goes unmet. I don’t expect to return.

Best Public Play in the Area

I led a buddies trip to New Orleans in late March and we played 4 of the best reviewed area courses. This was our favorite.

Amenities and conditioning were both excellent, and what you'd expect from a TPC course.

The layout is good, but it is not bucket-list, stick in your mind great.

If you pay full price ($200+) you may be disappointed, because while this is a very nice golf course, it is not on the level of a Top 100 course or other destination course. We got discounted rates at the last minute for two different rounds (canceling our previously booked, much more expensive tee times in the process), and at less than $100, it is an excellent value. I based my value ranking on the rack rates.

Georgia Advisor

Great Course and challenging layout

Played the course two consecutive days. Both days were chilly in the morning. The second day the wind picked up and the course became much more challenging in the windy conditions. However, the course is great and getting in very nice condition. The course is being set up with the Zurich Classic golf tournament so it was cart path only which was a challenge, because NONE of the sprinkler heads have yardage indicators and the only yardage markers are on the cart paths as well as a 150 yard post. The course is fun, fair and challenging.

Another Great TPC

I’ve played a few TPC courses before and this one did not disappoint. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable from start to finish. Unfortunately the course was cart path only, which I wasn’t told until I arrived, but didn’t take much away from the experience. Would definitely play again if I return to the NOLA area.

Worth the trip

The course was in good shape despite the recent freezing temps. The staff was incredible and made the 6 1/2 hour drive well worth the trip.

Good for Winter Golf

The course was really fun and challenging to play. I would love to play it once it greens up again after Winter, since the dormant grass makes crisp contact a challenge. A really good value for a high-end course and it was one of the highlights of my trip.

Terrible Booking Policy

Let me start by saying, I booked this tee time 5 days out and the forecasted weather was 52 and sunny. Being in from out of town we wanted to play the P Dye TPC course and did not mind paying a premium. The 48 hour cancellation policy is where my issue lies. We woke up to low 40's and 20-25 mph winds. I called the course and was told if I did not show for the tee time I would be charged for the entire group ($141 per player). Once we got to the course we were 2 of maybe 4 groups on the course that day. The bermuda was dormant and there was maintenance being done on the sprinkler system for the upcoming PGA event. Greens rolled true and I could see the course being mint on a great day. More than anything I was put off by being forced to play in absolute awful weather. Paying $141 you should not have to wait for an excavator to make his way across the fairway with no regard to your group (literally took 12 minutes for him to clear) as well as sprinklers being turned on and tested while you are playing in 40 degree weather. This is the first review I have ever written, but I truly feel golf is a weather dependent sport and there should be some leniency on the cancellation policy if weather is the issue. At the very least give us a $75 prorated price for the condition of the course that day. I recommend being very cautious when booking ahead of time if weather is up in the air.

Great track

I was really happy with the course. They had massive rain storms during the week we played, but the course was still in great condition (though it was cart path only). There are certainly some challenging holes, but still very playable to matures. The only disappointment we had was we didn't see a gator! We were hoping to see one (from a distance only) but were unlucky.

Request A Vacation Quote From TPC
Please provide your information below and a staff member at TPC will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.

Valid dates: Nov 26, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019