TPC Louisiana is situated just 15 minutes from downtown New Orleans but you'll feel like you're at a private nature reserve. When the golf course opened in 2004, Golf Digest ranked it as the fourth best upscale public, course and GolfWeek consistently ranks it in their list of "Best Courses You Can Play." As part of the Audubon Golf Trail, it stretches across more than 250 acres of wetlands along the Mississippi River delta. The TPC Louisiana layout will challenge you with more than 100 strategically placed bunkers and water hazards on several holes. Five different sets of tees allow players of all skill levels to enjoy the course. The PGA Tour tees are the longest, measuring a whopping 7,400 yards. The golf course finishes with its signature hole. For your final test you'll face a tough par 5 with water along the entire right side.

TPC Louisiana Golf Club

Year Built 2004
Fairways Tifsport Bermuda
Greens Miniverde Bermuda
Architect Pete Dye (2004)

Credit Cards Accepted Mastercard, Visa, Discover and American Express

Reopened after renovation

I attended the grand reopening for TPC Louisiana this fall following a $2 million renovation to the course. It has new turf and rebuilt bunkers as well as some perimeter and woodline areas that are cleaned up. Spectators will enjoy some added mounding as well. Members and regulars are likely to notice the changes more than a one-and-done tourist.

I'm a little torn on whether I like TPC or English Turn more as the premium, championship experience in NOLA, but I think I side with TPC for the homes-free setting and strategic layout that has a lot of drama, especially with numerous short par 4s and some fun par 5s, including a fabulous finishing hole. For all the bunkers here, I found my missed approach shots were on shaved runoff areas much more often than in water or sand.

The practice facility and 19th hole are both great. Come early and stay late and make a day of it here.

Great Layout - Always a Challenge

I have played TPC Louisiana several times and each time I have a great time as long as it is not raining and the course is not soaked and muddy.

The course was wet and soggy (the course is in LA and in a swampy area so that is to be expected).. Almost every shot I had to clean mud from my ball due wet conditions. Balls did not have much roll at all. However, the greens played very well. The greens rolled true and smooth. The greens were in very good condition.

Other than the wet conditions (which the course has no control of), the course is always very fun and very challenging. The course has excellent practice facilities and areas. The starter and pro-shop staff were fantastic and friendly. I highly recommend TPC Louisiana.

Top tier

All services available. Good ranger great short area. Helpful and accommodating staff. Course was in great shape and the 16-18 holes fantastic

Fun Course - VERY Wet Conditions

I have played TPC Louisiana several times and each time I have a great time as long as it is not raining and the course is soaked and muddy.

The course was cart path only today due to the large quantity of rain the area has received the prior week. The course was very wet, soggy and muddy. Every shot I had to clean mud from my ball due such wet conditions. Balls did not roll at all Having said that, the greens played very well. The worst part of the greens were that there were tons on non-repaired ball marks which made putting a challenge.

Other than the wet conditions (which the course has no control of), and the poor condition of the greens, the course was fun and very challenging as usual.

It is was cart path only and the range/practice tee was closed for too much rain, but it was a great course other than that, would love to the lay it again!!

Fair

We played only 12 holes and then the rain startet. They had to close the Course because the havey rain. We got a Refund for 9 holes. Thank You.

Plays Once a year

First Round in FIVE years

Course was great other than no carts being allowed due to recent rains, which slowed down the pace of play. Balls did not roll much, if at all, in the fairways. The greens played very well! Someone in an earlier group must have had lead weights in their shoes and couldn’t lift their feet when walking on the greens. I also heard they will be punching greens in the next couple of weeks, along with chemically burning all the grass and reseeding it, and there is a plan to completely redo all turf in the next year or so. Plan your future trips accordingly.

Rain out

Midway through on the 10th hole we had to quit. The rain was too intense to hang around. It didn’t appear that it was going to stop soon. If it did the course would have been too wet to play. I should have check with the front desk for a rain check but it was raining so hard I was wet enough. Maybe they will remember me.

1st time at a TPC

First time on a TPC course, and it did NOT disappoint. They were aerating for 2 weeks when I was down there on vacation, and while it wasn't "ideal" conditions, the course was in very good shape.

Staff was beyond friendly and the food was outstanding.

Got a great deal ($79) for playing the course and would do so again at the regular price.

Thank you for a great initial TPC experience!!!

Drains great

I thought the price was s little high but overall the course is in great condition. I always seem to play well there I played a course in Houston and their carts are awesome. Behind the the drivers side they had a ball and club cleaner. Also in the cart are 2 USB ports to charge your electronics. Cell phone, tablet etc. TPC Avondale could use upgraded carts.

tpc

Played right after the zurich open, course was in fantastic shape.

Mississippi Advisor

Underwhelming

On the surface, there are a lot of reasons to be optimistic about TPC Louisiana: it carries the TPC label, it’s a PGA Tour stop, it’s a Pete Dye Design, and until a few years ago it was considered a Top 100 track.

But the course simply doesn’t live up that billing. Aside from three or four interesting holes, the course is forgettable. You see the same bunkers running up the sides of fairways over and over again. You see tiny, oddly shaped greenside bunkers that serve no obvious purpose. The condition of the course was fine, but nowhere close to conditions befitting a $200+ green fee. Nearly every bunker on the course was running low on sand, which made it nearly impossible to slide a wedge underneath a ball.

If the course were billed as a muni (and priced like one), then people would rave about it. But that’s not the standard that it’s priced at. And that standard goes unmet. I don’t expect to return.

Best Public Play in the Area

I led a buddies trip to New Orleans in late March and we played 4 of the best reviewed area courses. This was our favorite.

Amenities and conditioning were both excellent, and what you'd expect from a TPC course.

The layout is good, but it is not bucket-list, stick in your mind great.

If you pay full price ($200+) you may be disappointed, because while this is a very nice golf course, it is not on the level of a Top 100 course or other destination course. We got discounted rates at the last minute for two different rounds (canceling our previously booked, much more expensive tee times in the process), and at less than $100, it is an excellent value. I based my value ranking on the rack rates.

Great Course and challenging layout

Played the course two consecutive days. Both days were chilly in the morning. The second day the wind picked up and the course became much more challenging in the windy conditions. However, the course is great and getting in very nice condition. The course is being set up with the Zurich Classic golf tournament so it was cart path only which was a challenge, because NONE of the sprinkler heads have yardage indicators and the only yardage markers are on the cart paths as well as a 150 yard post. The course is fun, fair and challenging.

Another Great TPC

I’ve played a few TPC courses before and this one did not disappoint. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable from start to finish. Unfortunately the course was cart path only, which I wasn’t told until I arrived, but didn’t take much away from the experience. Would definitely play again if I return to the NOLA area.

Worth the trip

The course was in good shape despite the recent freezing temps. The staff was incredible and made the 6 1/2 hour drive well worth the trip.

Good for Winter Golf

The course was really fun and challenging to play. I would love to play it once it greens up again after Winter, since the dormant grass makes crisp contact a challenge. A really good value for a high-end course and it was one of the highlights of my trip.

Terrible Booking Policy

Let me start by saying, I booked this tee time 5 days out and the forecasted weather was 52 and sunny. Being in from out of town we wanted to play the P Dye TPC course and did not mind paying a premium. The 48 hour cancellation policy is where my issue lies. We woke up to low 40's and 20-25 mph winds. I called the course and was told if I did not show for the tee time I would be charged for the entire group ($141 per player). Once we got to the course we were 2 of maybe 4 groups on the course that day. The bermuda was dormant and there was maintenance being done on the sprinkler system for the upcoming PGA event. Greens rolled true and I could see the course being mint on a great day. More than anything I was put off by being forced to play in absolute awful weather. Paying $141 you should not have to wait for an excavator to make his way across the fairway with no regard to your group (literally took 12 minutes for him to clear) as well as sprinklers being turned on and tested while you are playing in 40 degree weather. This is the first review I have ever written, but I truly feel golf is a weather dependent sport and there should be some leniency on the cancellation policy if weather is the issue. At the very least give us a $75 prorated price for the condition of the course that day. I recommend being very cautious when booking ahead of time if weather is up in the air.

Request A Vacation Quote From TPC
Please provide your information below and a staff member at TPC will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Metairie, Louisiana
Gretna, Louisiana
Luling, Louisiana
Destrehan, Louisiana

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.