RedTail Golf Center
Formerly known as Progress Downs Golf Course.
|Blue (W)||72||6682 yards||78.9||141|
|White (W)||72||6267 yards||76.6||137|
|Red (W)||72||5551 yards||72.7||131|
|Black M: 74.7/136||378||174||374||429||408||183||646||402||511||3505||387||500||188||417||446||469||219||461||506||3593||7098|
|Black/Blue M: 73.9/133||378||150||374||409||408||161||621||402||511||3414||387||484||188||417||415||451||202||437||506||3487||6901|
|Blue M: 72.9/130 W: 79.0/138||353||150||322||409||394||161||621||371||493||3274||376||484||176||407||415||451||202||437||472||3420||6694|
|Blue/White M: 71.7/128||353||131||322||386||394||141||589||371||493||3180||376||441||176||407||415||427||175||396||472||3285||6465|
|White M: 70.9/124 W: 76.6/138||330||131||304||386||375||141||589||357||468||3081||359||441||160||391||372||427||175||396||447||3168||6249|
|Red M: 67.0/119 W: 72.3/127||315||111||280||348||341||120||498||316||429||2758||305||370||143||325||314||368||135||351||424||2735||5493|
|Red/Yellow M: 63.3/110||315||111||280||265||278||86||347||316||263||2261||305||264||143||267||314||250||135||260||424||2362||4623|
|Yellow M: 61.5/103 W: 63.9/108||255||111||196||265||278||86||347||214||263||2015||243||264||143||267||251||250||89||260||325||2092||4107|
Food & BeverageBar, Restaurant
Nice day and a good round golf
This is one of the most difficult course in Portland area. Pace is very good today. Course is in very good condition.
Better than usual fall season
Fall is in the air, which today seemed to mean way better pace of play and great conditions. Surprisingly quiet for a Sunday afternoon round. Our group of guys tend to play quick but we never had to wait to tee off for too long. Good round for redtail today.
Beautiful day to be outside. The course didn’t show signs of the recent rain, no mud holes or puddles and the fairways were amazing. Greens were great with a variety of hole placements. A bit slow play,but it seems to be my experience that is the way it is here.
Weekend Warriors/Bro Golf and Patience
Played a 5 1/2 hour round stuck behind newcomers to the game a bro’s getting too rowdy and drunk on the course. Tested our groups patience today. I’m thankful for the course marshals who allowed us to play the front again to avoid the group with a guy taking 6-7 practice swings then chunks the ball. Course conditions were dry but okay, good greens, soft bunkers.
If you’re an avid golfer, stay away from redtail during weekends peak times or go and play the reserve or pumpkin. It’ll save you a headache.
Good condition considering a very dry July and August. Starter was rather testy for being 1 minute late. Very courteous staff on course. The course is associated with a top-notch school that has zero pressure about selling new clubs to students.
Great layout, honest critique staff could do better.
I love the layout of the course and convenient being only 10 minutes away from home.
But, I’ve always experienced not so friendly staff trying to rush you along. No eye contact quite honestly rude at times. The kids camp was happening with several dozen kids and staff wearing no mask or improperly wearing mask, zero social distancing. Not sure I’ll be back for awhile.
So here are my thoughts after a recent round.
Greens were in great condition and rolled well. Fairways are well maintained and are a little skinny in parts, which adds to the challenge. Often the skinny fairways are paired with water, making water the most challenging feature as it nudges right up to some greens and fairways. Roughs are that bad either.
Hole 1 fairway was splattered with range balls. I was staring into the sun for a morning round and I couldn't find my ball for the life of me.
Hole 3's green was covered in tree dropping since the green is skirted by trees.
The staff in the kids camp are variant
my child attended this Camp in the first three days were miserable hot and the course was in terrible condition on the fifth day she (hannah) wouldn’t give equal opportunity to children in the tournament she also kicked out two young children of the tournament because they were t mood enough she belittles people and make they feel not good enough she also persistently was being a terrible person at all times and need to be removed for the premises
Great time of year to play
Nice course beautiful greens playing long on every holes for me but I enjoyed it. Highly recommended
Second time playing here. First time pace of play slow because of men foursomes playing like they were on TV and didn't let our twosome of women play through. Second time we zipped around in 3.5 hours thanks to people who realized we may not hit far but we hit straight and move through fast.
I love this course. It is one you could play everyday and find challenge, scenery, and success, I love the challenge of hitting to green on uphill slopes and some are blind. Fairways are generous and course generally plays longer than card. I can't wait to play it in summer when it speeds up!
Never again !!!!
1. No mention of aeriation until the starter on the first tee Did I mention that they are aeriation the back nine as we are playing the front.
2. Fairways: A complete joke, can’t tell if I was on a golf course or in the backyard. Dandelions everywhere. No difference from fairway to rough.
3. Pace of play, over 2 hours to play 6 holes and that was enough, decided to leave. $36 for this track is pathetic. Go somewhere anywhere else!! I will never play here again!!!
Spend Your Money Elsewhere
I don’t know which part was the worst, so I’ll start from the beginning of my day:
1) There’s a weird vibe from the staff I interacted with. Their body language and word choice made me feel like I was at a private country club in which no one was glad I was there. You could say they had a very “bro” attitude.
2) Got range balls, and I’d been to the range once before, and the set up is nice, but gets ruined when you look out into the range and it looks like an old swamp that no one has touched in years. It was gross.
3) Upon starting, I asked the Starter there any tips. He told me the course is impossibly hard and I should be happy to break 90. No tips, just that. I’m a 6 handicap, so while he wasn’t too accurate, the “we are better than you and everyone else” vibe I picked up on the clubhouse carried out onto the course.
4) The course has a neat layout, but that is the only positive of the entire place. The actual ground of almost the entire course is a complete waste of my money and time. I get wet courses in December and January, but in April there shouldn’t be any major problems on fairways/within 10 feet of fairways. I admit my white shoes prevent a clean problem, but I left the course with mud caked on my shoes and while never going more than 10 feet off a fairway.
Also, there’s many holes where “the fairway” is not much different than the rough. It showed an extremely poor effort on the course staff to create actual fairways. There should never be a yellow or white flower aka a weed on a fairway, let alone at least 20+ throughout the course.
All in all, spend your money elsewhere. Almost anywhere.