Palm Beach National Golf Course

Pull-carts: No

Credit cards accepted: None

Palm Beach National is a “must play” for any golfer travelling to the Palm Beach area and for local golfers too. Palm Beach National boasts a classic, Joe Lee designed championship golf course with some of the most memorable golf holes in the entire county. Sixty-eight hundred yards of manicured fairways, tight and true Tifeagle greens and some of the finest playing conditions anywhere insure an incredible golf experience that you’ll never forget.

In addition to second-to-none playing conditions, Palm Beach National has developed a reputation and is known far and wide as Palm Beach County’s most fun and friendly golf experience. From the front door to the fairways, expect to be greeted with a welcoming smile and warm atmosphere unlike any other golf course you’ve ever played. From free coffee in the morning to complimentary house-made cookies in the afternoon, to the $5.00 lunch and daily specials, you’re guaranteed to have the most fun and friendly customer service and golf experience in all of South Florida.

Come play at Palm Beach National and rest-assured that you will enjoy championship golf at its best and enjoy fun, friendly and welcoming staff unlike anywhere else in Palm Beach County at some of the most competitive prices in all of Florida.

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for locals seniors advanced golfers   Challenges include bunkers water hazards forced carries   Great for drinks 19th hole specials brunch

"Excellent staff."

psuttle's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/18/2018

PB Nat'l has the best and most welcoming staff at any course i ever golfed. Thank you!

uGQOP3200GQ's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/17/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2018
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

"Challenging"

Ben9833158's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2018

Nice layout of a course, very challenging but fun. Greens recently aerated, otherwise great course, professional & friendly staff.

"Awesome Golf Experience!"

MNsunshinr's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2018

I always love coming to Palm Beach National! The staff could not be friendlier! What a cool vibe with the tiki bar, free rum shots and loud music. We enjoyed our Saturday round and thought the course was in great shape. I love that it has a few challenging holes but is still forgiving off the tee.

"Way Too Slow"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2018

Playing in a prime slot on a Saturday, I understand that it could take a little extra time. But this was 4:45 of mind-numbing torture. Groups hitting multiple balls off tees, PGA-tour like green reading (lining up another double bogey putt), poor cart parking, etc.

There is apparently only one marshal, and his contribution was to offer our group shots of booze.

Will not be back.

"Mismanged"

McCrae7816377's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

** I'd like to preface this with the fact that I have never been a starter, but I can guarantee I would never mess up this badly. Also, most of my anger comes from the fact that I vouched for this course due to TYPICALLY wonderful pace of play. **

My name is McCrae Chapman, I played the back nine of palm beach national this morning with three of my friends. We got the course at 8:00 to hit range balls before our 8:22 tee time. The first tee was already stacked with carts upon our arrival and the starter, not the normal trustworthy "7-minutes in between never fails guy" began sending groups off the back nine. Our first nine was played at a decent pace, course was in relatively good condition. The back nine layout is fantastic, with a finishing hole worth playing twice.. BUT as we made the turn that's where our day went from wonderful to disastrous. The starter had forgotten he sent out two groups on the back nine in the morning, and had already started to send out a 32 man money league that has played Saturdays at 10:30 for the past several years.. We were told to grab something from the food shack, free of charge and that we would be pushed in following the group "about 15, 20 minutes"..

I typically shoot in the mid 80s, but today I was shooting wonderfully. I had a 40 on the back (typically plays harder than the front), and had a wonderful pace going. As a group we decided to sit and have some tacos because 15 to 20 didn't sound so bad..

**The tacos are fantastic, the condiments do not disappoint.**

After about 30 minutes the starter came and let us know it was time for us to go out. Mind you we started our round at 8:22, it was now 11:50. We played the first hole, and as we looked down number two we could see three groups on number two and two groups waiting for the par three, third. At that point we called it quits and headed to the club house..

We popped into the pro shop to let them know we were leaving, basically out of decency. The attendant offered us a rain check, which we contemplated but agreed with.. After realizing we were an "online payment," he could only offer us a card for our next round to be $25.00..?

I understand that a group of 25 year olds might be typically calmed by a few free beers and a future discount, but that's not the type of golf I look forward to playing. I've been playing golf on my own since I was twelve and have never seen a starter botch a pace of play situation this badly. I've played this course once a month for over a year, and while I do enjoy the funny Facebook videos and playful attitude of the staff, this situation has forever tainted my view of this course.

Please do not email or call me to reconcile this review.

arielh's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/06/2018

"Best Value in PBC"

jgranzow's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/29/2018

We love playing this course in the summer afternoons. The staff has always been exceptionally nice. The layout is fun and the course conditions are really good considering how much rain we have had lately.

"Challenging"

Ben9833158's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2018

Friendly & Professional staff , fun & challenging golf course. Recommended to all type of players.

"my first review."

dataman219's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/25/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

My friends and I played 5 different public courses during this year’s golf trip. We ended up playing Palm Beach National three times. We loved the cool vibe they have going on, and the staff could not have been any friendlier. The course was in good shape and offered a decent challenge for a high handicapper like myself. If I had to nit pick I would add some more lighting in the dressing room and a little more AC in the café. All things considered, it was the best value of the trip.

"Great Experience"

Alex7hegreat's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/21/2018

When I drove into the parking lot for the first time I didn’t see anything that stood out to me except I felt like I was back in the 60s. The fact I walked up and was blown away by what I saw after the intentional thought, was simply the icing on the cake and I didnt even tee of yet. The practice facility is AWESOME, the staff was so friendly, I was geeted by Mikey D on the first tee as well ( The dude is awesome). The transformation he has made there with what he was given is remarkable. The music is loud, everyone is smiling from the cart staff the the daily golfer, its just awesome. The course is a great layout, its not long (for me) but it was so awesome, I loved it a lot because I enjoy old school layouts ( plus it has 3 par 3s and a par 72) which is great. I will make this my home course in the near future.

"Great place"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2018

If you are looking for a wide open course, but still challenging, then this is the course for you. The staff are friendly and the sandwiches are great. Bring your own Bluetooth speaker or get one there, it’s allowed. The course is in great shape and hole three is one of my favorites to play. Mike the GM is friendly and out going. Sometimes you can even get a free shot. Check this course out, you won’t be disappointed!!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2018

Interesting course layout. Good condition fairways and greens.

Music in pro shop was too loud. Could not hear attendant well.

Plan to play course again.

"User Friendly Course"

tdawson55's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2018

Nice layout without ridiculous hazards that allows the pace of play to keep moving. Course is in very good condition but greens are a little inconsistent. Having said that I understand the greens will be completely renovated this summer. Great staff, fun atmosphere and music!!! Lighten up Francis, relax and enjoy the game.

"Great"

pops7007's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2018

Always a pleasure playing there they have the greatest staff around no other even comes close. They know me by name and they bend over backwards to accommodate you

JWSpoon's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2018

justme4274's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2018

"Decent course for the price"

u000005720193's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/05/2018

Discount rate through golf now made this a great value. Some fun holes and very playable. Course In just ok condition. Greens didn’t look great but actually rolled decent. Wasn’t too busy and as a single the two groups I came up behind were very friendly and let me play through without an issue.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/05/2018