The Palmer Course is one of two championship courses designed by Arnold Palmer at the Saddlebrook Resort just north of Tampa. Although it is seemingly tame at 6,273 yards, it plays much tougher. The golf course features more elevation changes than the resort's other course, the Saddlebrook. The undulating, tree-lined fairways were designed to mimic a hilly New England course but the moss-covered cypresses, palm trees, and marshy swamplands are true to the Florida landscape. The layout features tight fairways framed with contoured mounding and the occasional water hazard but the most formidable challenge comes from the bunkers strategically placed along the undulating greens. The approaches to the tiered greens, which are often sloped from back to front, demand accuracy. Golfers should be prepared to use every club in their bag and employ a variety of different shots.

Saddlebrook Resort - Palmer Course

Year Built 1982
Greens Tif-Eagle Grass
Architect Arnold Palmer (1982) Ed Seay (1982) Robert Walker (1982)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Saddlebrook Golf Academy"

Group Getaways 10

Palmer Course at Saddlebrook

I played the Palmer Course at Saddlebrook today. Our overall experience was excellent and I would definitely recommend this course to others and would certainly play it myself again. The Pro Shop Staff was outstanding. I was treated quite rudely by the elderly gentleman who assigned us our cart outside. He told me our tee time was 10:18. When I said, Oh our Golfnow tee time was for 10am ?? I was not mad. It was not a problem at all for us that this happened, but this man was very rude in how he spoke to me about our tee time. My feeling was that he was very annoyed that our tee time was a Golfnow tee time. We did not let this ruin our day. We had a great day and really enjoyed the course. It was in excellent condition. Everyone else treated us very nicely. This is a first class facility. I hope this man does not speak to everyone in this manner.

Must Play

Palmer course is in great condition and easily one of the best courses in the area.
My wife and I loved it, and will definitely be back.
Only down side was the parking “process”. Valet parking kind of a pain...but overall great time

Perfect day

Tremendous day on a beautiful well cared for course. Staff was great all the way around from arrival to check in to the pro shop to the beverage cart . Several tough pin placements on fast undulating greens added too the challenge. Already booked our return round.

I'm going back

So I played the Palmer course for the first time since playing it on my birthday 4yrs ago. The course was wet in some places as it had rained the night before. The young man handing out the cart keys called me "bud" which I found disrespectful. They charged my playing partner for my round, which I had already paid for. The course was in decent shape, some of the greens had slight bare spots, and some were slower than the rest. I love the layout of the course, there are some sexy holes which make you wonder if you're using the correct clubs. I would recommend playing both courses, as they both have character. The bunkers have some of the lightest sand around which makes bunker play interesting. Overall I have always enjoyed going to saddlebrook and they do get my full endorsement.

Really enjoyed everything about this course. It was in excellent shape and the price was great. Greens are fast right now! Wish we saw the beverage cart. Only saw her on two and sixteen. And no water jugs. I drink a lot of water and I only saw one fountain on the course. My only complaint.

Play

Great layout. Challenging yet fair set up. Definitely will play again.

Under water

Do not play until the course is dry and had had a chance to heal.

Overall a great course

This course is fabulous. Great layout and challenging. Only one thing though. I’d give it 5 stars if the greens were faster. Perhaps they were slow because of all the rain we’ve had. They’re in good shape and roll true, but you really have to hit the ball.

Saddlebrook Arnold Palmer

The course is in really good shape it's a little tight with some water hazards that you have to take into consideration. The only thing that I would recommend is putting some water coolers on the course we played at noon and it was brutal heat with no areas to get cool water. They had water fountains but they weren't pumping cold water and on the turn, the snack bar was closed. other than that always a great friendly staff and of course is always impeccable.

Test your game

Course is in great shape. Pins were in very challenging locations. The slightest miss will test your wedge game.

Fun and challenging.

Teed off around 11am and went out as a single on the Palmer course. Course was wide open which is perfect for a quick round in 95° weather. Course isn't very long so played from the tips. Try to play around 6700 yards and the tips here are a little over 6400. Tees, fairways and greens were outstanding. Greens were a little quick and had quite a few underlations as most Palmer courses do. Played the round in exactly 3 hours. Staff were very nice and a pleasure to deal with. All in all this is a great course. If in the area it is a must play. Will definitely be back as soon as possible. Have family in this area so next time I drive up from south Florida I'm playing the Saddlebrook then Palmer again. This just might be my new place to play. Highly recommended. A+++++

Disappointed - moved to saddlebrook i/o of playing palmer

Booked Palmer Course as ot is much better than the Saddlebrook course and much better shape over the last few years. Frequent Saddlebrook resort and never had an issue getting on Palmer Course. Well apparently they booked a scramble and did not inform golfnow so they moved us to the saddlebrook course. Horrible condition. Front 9 really shouldn't be played on right now. Grass was growing into holes/pins and some greens are more dirt than grass. The worse part was that they refused to give us discount for moving us to saddlebrook course. Very unhappy. We'll just go to lake jovita moving forward.

Very fun course. Demanding tee shots for long players. Have to lay up on some holes. Overall great course.

Okay Course ... Good Course with Golf Now Price ...

Course is in Okay Shape ... Not Worth Course Price ... But ... Really Worth the Golf Now Hot Deal ... For the Shelf Price I was Thinking an Awesome Course ... But ... If I would have paid Regular Price ... I would have been Highly Disappointed ... But ... Luckily I have Golf Now ... Well Worth the Discounted Price I Paid ... Greens in Great Shape (Palmer Course) , Fairways Ok shape, Tee Boxes okay ... Don't Get Me Wrong ... Nice Course ... But ... Regular Price is Way Too High for the Course ... I Will at Again, with Golf Now Discount ... :-) ... If U get a Good Price ... Worth it ...

Request A Vacation Quote From Saddlebrook Resort
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Saddlebrook Resort will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Wesley Chapel, Florida
San Antonio, Florida
Tampa, Florida
4.1932941176
Tampa, Florida
Land O Lakes, Florida

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.