Craft Farms - Cypress Bend

Year Built 1993
Architect Arnold Palmer (1993) Ed Seay (1993)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Amex Accepted

Enjoyed my round on this course. Had a great time. Course is challenging.

A great golf experience

My sister and I played here on a Wednesday in mid November. We had fabulous weather, the staff was all very friendly, and the course conditions were excellent.

The bottom line: I've only played a handful of courses in the area, but Cypress Bend just jumped to the top of the list.

The starter sent us off the back because we were a twosome and he said we'd have an open course most of the way, and he was spot on. We didn't play well, and we paused frequently to enjoy the nice views or snap a picture, so it took us about 3.5 hrs to play, and we never had another group ahead of or behind us.

The greens rolled a bit like the bent and bermuda greens back in Iowa and Missouri, but the layer was so thick that even full shots left only minor dents, making repair much easier than back home. Still, most shots held very well. And they have 5 pin positions here, which they can do because of the large greens with interesting shapes. We had several very long putts, but they rolled very true and once we got the feel we were able to dial in the speed pretty well.

The fairways are tight, but not excessively so. The bunkers are the local white sand, but the fluffy sand is fairly shallow so you won't want to take huge swings in the greenside traps.

The pro shop is well stocked, and is staffed by friendly folks.

I'll be back!

BaileyMD

Outstanding greens, friendly staff easy to book, course play slow due to snowbirds but would easily book this again

The course was great the fair ways were awesome and the greens were in great shape. Do miss this course make sure it’s on your bucket list. Great staff and having free range balls was a plus.

New one

The employees here cannot do enough for you! They are soooo accommodating. Paola, the lady in the golf shop, was super friendly and set us up to have a great golf experience. Bobby also took great care of us, got our cart and showed us the way to the course. I’ve never experienced such friendliness along with being so accommodating! I highly recommend this place!

Great Condition, great staff!!

Course was in great shape, pace of play was excellent (under 3.5 hours), and staff was best I've seen!! Paolo was very knowledgeable, extremely helpful, and as professional as you will ever encounter.

Everything you want

Second time playing this course
Bring your A game or move up and play from the white tees
This course has wonderful greens and bunkers that’s has some of the best sand in them
I shot a 76 and left a few on the greens with my putter
Enjoy your round

I played early morning, right after a heavy rainstorm the night before. The course drained relatively well however it was cart path only. I booked as a single and 2 others booked my time. The starter was very friendly and offered if I wanted to go out solo behind a twosome that had just teed off. Staff was fantastic, fairways were nice (but a little soggy), greens rolled very true however they weren’t as responsive as I thought they would be to 130 yards and in. The only negative things I have to say is that the range was closed due to the rain the night before (I recommend them putting mats out for before round practice) & there isn’t any “stunning” views for the price. Would definitely play here again though.

Great day on the course!

First class golf course! Staff was very friendly from the bag drop, pro shop to the starter. The starter even drove with me to the no 1 tee since I have never played here before. The course was in excellent condition. The layout was both fun and challenging with bunkers and water along each hole but I never lost a ball! I was by myself and finally caught up with a foursome that allows me to play through even though they were already on the green. It was a par 3. I will play here again. Oh, I almost forgot to mention the barrel with iced down apples in it!!! Nice touch

Great day of golf

Craft Farms golf courses are among the best in the area. It is a beautiful setting and the courses and entire facility are meticulously maintained.

Most beautiful and amazing Golf Course I have ever played.

This is by far the most beautiful and amazing Golf Course I have ever played. We played the Cypress Bend course and was a little rainy but that wasn’t going to stop me from playing this Golf Resort. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bar and grille was very nice as well. I will definitely be coming back to play the other course. Thank you Craft Farms for having us.

Even on a rainy afternoon in Gulf Shores, Cypress Bend was in great condition. Paola was working the Pro Shop and she was very nice and helpful! Would recommend any golfer to play Craft Farms when visiting beautiful Gulf Shores, AL!

Great Course. Better Staff

My dad and I played this course while on vacation and it didn't disappoint. This was easily one of the better courses that we have played and will definitely be back. The course was in great shape. What made this round even better was the top notch staff. Every staff member we met throughout the day was extremely helpful and personable. This staff was world class!

Commented on 07/19/2019

Thank you for the 4 Star. Come see us soon.

My Review

The Cypress Bend course was outstanding. The course was in very good condition. It looked good. It was very green, and greens were great. Fairways were good, too.
Pace was fast. I was a single, and my 18-hole round was two and a half hours long. I caught up to some people on the back nine, though, and I had to wait briefly at times on the back nine.
Staff was super nice.
Good place to practice. Good driving range, but the driving range was closing early at 3. Range balls were included, which I like. Good practice greens and a practice bunker, too. Craft Farms is great. I recommend visiting there. I don't usually give a course 5 stars, but I am giving this one 5 stars.

Commented on 07/19/2019

DeeWinch, Thank you so much for the 5 Start Review, we can't wait until your next visit.

Never Played Before, 1st Time

Cypress Bend is a nice well maintained course, still somewhat recovering from aeration after a month or more, but the greens were very nice, rolled smooth. I enjoyed the course, but must mention the staff was over the top, great, always smiling and willing to help. The golf shop was neat, clean and maintained, professional appearance.

Commented on 07/19/2019

Thank you for taking the time to recognize our course and team. We are humbled by your comments. We can't wait until your next visit with us.

Take care,

So much fun! Incredible staff! Caught a bunch of members on the back and pace slowed down but hard to get mad when it was so nice!

Milesoller,

Love the 5 Star review. Thank you again!

Great golf experience

This was an unbelievable course and just overall golf experience. My brother and I are both college students and wanted to take advantage of the 50% off for student promotion, but it was going to end 2 days before we arrived in golf shores. I emailed Mr Ryan Mello and asked if he could possibly extend the promotion and he emailed right back informing me that would be no problem. The staff was wonderful especially Mrs Maurine! Thank you guys at craft farms!

Commented on 07/19/2019

Jdt028, We appreciate the kind words and the great review. We hope to see you in the near future.

Alan,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and provide a 5 star. We look forward to your return visit!

I played early morning and was paired with one gentleman. We didn’t see anyone else on the course until the 16th hole. Great layout, fair and challenging. Course was aerated the week before so the greens bumpy. Looking forward to playing there again to see what the greens are normally like. Staff from the bag drop area to the bartenders in the restaurant were awesome!!! I will definitely play there again!

Commented on 07/19/2019

Really appreciate the recognition of our Team at Craft Farms. These comments will be shared and appreciate the 5 star! WE can't wait until your return visit.

Valid dates: Dec 05, 2019 - Nov 01, 2020