Craft Farms - Cypress Bend

Year Built 1993
Architect Arnold Palmer (1993) Ed Seay (1993)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Amex Accepted

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Alabama (2019 #11)

Kids do not play for free!

I am a local and played with my middle school aged son. I was charged local rate as advertised but was charged full child price. Instead of the children play free advertisement. This makes twice i have been charged for a child when they have been advertising children play free. I will continue to play the course but will when my child plays i will play another local course that honors their advertisements.

Commented on 05/13/2020

Kids only play free with a FULL RACK RATE...kids not free with discounted rates...says on advertisement

Best coarse on the coast

Been playing here for several years when I come to this area. Never a disappointment. Love it here. Staff is great and they always make you feel special. Thanks for another great week of golf.

Great staff and service!

Both Cypress Bend and Cotton Creek were in tremendous shape and made for a challenging day for our group. This course is a great value! But what sets Craft Farms apart from the rest is the amazing staff and customer service! You can tell they invest in their golfers having a great experience for all the right reasons. Kevin, Ryan and Bobby (and of course the bartenders and cart girls) took care of us from the second we arrived. They even shipped my misplaced club back to me free of charge. Can’t wait to get back to ‘Bama and visit these guys again!
- Chase C.

Course was in great condition, especially considering it rained hard the day before.. obviously it was cart path only. The only issue was the twosome in front of us. We would be on the tee box waiting to tee off.. one guy would walk to his ball in the middle of the fairway and hit, come back to the cart, then the next guy would wait until he got back to go to the fairway and hit his ball.. it was really frustrating but overall good experience

Nice Winter Golf Break

Was signed up to play Cypress Bend but moved to the other course to join another twosome. Round was great. Had a good time with local members. Course was in really good shape especially for December. Weather as awesome - mid 60's. Green were very good, maybe a little slow. Pace was nice. We played in a little over 3 hours. Afternoon discounted rate was a nice incentive

Enjoyed my round on this course. Had a great time. Course is challenging.

A great golf experience

My sister and I played here on a Wednesday in mid November. We had fabulous weather, the staff was all very friendly, and the course conditions were excellent.

The bottom line: I've only played a handful of courses in the area, but Cypress Bend just jumped to the top of the list.

The starter sent us off the back because we were a twosome and he said we'd have an open course most of the way, and he was spot on. We didn't play well, and we paused frequently to enjoy the nice views or snap a picture, so it took us about 3.5 hrs to play, and we never had another group ahead of or behind us.

The greens rolled a bit like the bent and bermuda greens back in Iowa and Missouri, but the layer was so thick that even full shots left only minor dents, making repair much easier than back home. Still, most shots held very well. And they have 5 pin positions here, which they can do because of the large greens with interesting shapes. We had several very long putts, but they rolled very true and once we got the feel we were able to dial in the speed pretty well.

The fairways are tight, but not excessively so. The bunkers are the local white sand, but the fluffy sand is fairly shallow so you won't want to take huge swings in the greenside traps.

The pro shop is well stocked, and is staffed by friendly folks.

I'll be back!

BaileyMD

Outstanding greens, friendly staff easy to book, course play slow due to snowbirds but would easily book this again

The course was great the fair ways were awesome and the greens were in great shape. Do miss this course make sure it’s on your bucket list. Great staff and having free range balls was a plus.

New one

The employees here cannot do enough for you! They are soooo accommodating. Paola, the lady in the golf shop, was super friendly and set us up to have a great golf experience. Bobby also took great care of us, got our cart and showed us the way to the course. I’ve never experienced such friendliness along with being so accommodating! I highly recommend this place!

Great Condition, great staff!!

Course was in great shape, pace of play was excellent (under 3.5 hours), and staff was best I've seen!! Paolo was very knowledgeable, extremely helpful, and as professional as you will ever encounter.

Everything you want

Second time playing this course
Bring your A game or move up and play from the white tees
This course has wonderful greens and bunkers that’s has some of the best sand in them
I shot a 76 and left a few on the greens with my putter
Enjoy your round

I played early morning, right after a heavy rainstorm the night before. The course drained relatively well however it was cart path only. I booked as a single and 2 others booked my time. The starter was very friendly and offered if I wanted to go out solo behind a twosome that had just teed off. Staff was fantastic, fairways were nice (but a little soggy), greens rolled very true however they weren’t as responsive as I thought they would be to 130 yards and in. The only negative things I have to say is that the range was closed due to the rain the night before (I recommend them putting mats out for before round practice) & there isn’t any “stunning” views for the price. Would definitely play here again though.

Great day on the course!

First class golf course! Staff was very friendly from the bag drop, pro shop to the starter. The starter even drove with me to the no 1 tee since I have never played here before. The course was in excellent condition. The layout was both fun and challenging with bunkers and water along each hole but I never lost a ball! I was by myself and finally caught up with a foursome that allows me to play through even though they were already on the green. It was a par 3. I will play here again. Oh, I almost forgot to mention the barrel with iced down apples in it!!! Nice touch

Great day of golf

Craft Farms golf courses are among the best in the area. It is a beautiful setting and the courses and entire facility are meticulously maintained.

Most beautiful and amazing Golf Course I have ever played.

This is by far the most beautiful and amazing Golf Course I have ever played. We played the Cypress Bend course and was a little rainy but that wasn’t going to stop me from playing this Golf Resort. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bar and grille was very nice as well. I will definitely be coming back to play the other course. Thank you Craft Farms for having us.

Even on a rainy afternoon in Gulf Shores, Cypress Bend was in great condition. Paola was working the Pro Shop and she was very nice and helpful! Would recommend any golfer to play Craft Farms when visiting beautiful Gulf Shores, AL!

Great Course. Better Staff

My dad and I played this course while on vacation and it didn't disappoint. This was easily one of the better courses that we have played and will definitely be back. The course was in great shape. What made this round even better was the top notch staff. Every staff member we met throughout the day was extremely helpful and personable. This staff was world class!

Commented on 07/19/2019

Thank you for the 4 Star. Come see us soon.

Valid dates: May 05, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020