Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club
#2 72 6494 yards 70.1 116
#3 72 5799 yards 67.0 104
#4 72 5072 yards 70.1 120
Scorecard for Marsh/Lakes
Tee 1 M: 73.3/132 417 628 456 215 395 350 385 195 538 3579 377 414 364 188 396 514 530 180 434 3397 6976
Tee 2 M: 70.7/127 395 578 430 184 381 318 361 174 514 3335 348 388 337 171 364 486 500 140 403 3137 6472
Tee 3 M: 67.6/116 336 515 388 156 349 278 355 136 476 2989 306 348 296 139 332 449 445 116 354 2785 5774
Honours M: 65.7/108 292 455 340 135 312 275 319 112 422 2662 304 312 294 130 320 440 435 108 320 2663 5325
Tee 4 W: 68.4/111 288 453 305 126 308 245 281 108 374 2488 268 308 260 96 290 418 412 99 315 2466 4954

Year Built 1995
Architect Earl Stone (1995)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Accepted

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Alabama (2018 #15) (2017 #3)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Course Conditions in the U.S. (2017 #9)

Another Great Round at Peninsula

Got the chance to play peninsula marsh and lakes 2 years ago and played lakes and Cypress this year.

It was another awesome experience. I gave it 4 stars only because I reserve 5 stars for premier bucket list, historic type courses. Still, peninsula is an all around great golf experience. The twilight and week long deals are rough to beat.

Course conditions are always outstanding with smooth , fast greens. Pro shop is full of swag and the staff is extremely friendly. Good bar and restaurant as well.

If you are looking for a great round of golf convenient to the beach, this is the place to go.

Great condition

Course is in great shape, greens roll true and fast.

Staff did not advise that the greens had been fertilized and had some bad trash grass growing on alot of them. One nine out of three was shut down. 90.00 a round is way to high to play when one nine greens are in terrible shape. Ive played on alot nicer courses and alot more expensive and they have told you before play and knocked the green fee down to accommodate. The layout has always been my favoriate but crowded probably due to one of the nines being closed

lmh315
Commented On 07/08/2019

Please contact Anthony Vaughn, the Director of Golf at Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club by sending him an email to anthony.vaughn@honoursgolf.com or by calling him at 251-968-8009. We will love to discuss this issue with you further.

Marsh side is not worth your money

Played lake to marsh and greens on Marsh were awful. Very rough greens and dead spots. $97 and played a good nine holes on the lake side but made the turn and the Marsh side was not worth $47-48. I would look else were. Pro shop staff was not concerned about our 8 some complaining about the poor course conditions.

Amazing condition

We all question the validity of “reviews” claiming top whatever category in such and such magazine or weoter’s group. The condition of this course lived up to all the hype. The layout is varied form straightforward to challenging but in all instances fair. If we are ever even close to Gulf Shores I likely will not consider playing a different course.

Beautiful place

Really enjoyed my round at Peninsula. The course was on excellent condition with a unique layout where each of the holes are memorable and different. The pace of play the day we played was rather slw and I did not se any rangers on the course to move things along our round was close to 5 hrs which is too long. The staff was very friendly and the facilwere first rate. Looking forward to playing again and experiencing the Marsh nine on my next trip to Gulf Shores.

Beautiful course and well maintained

Pace of play was NOT what I expected. Took
4 1/2 - 4:45 hours! Play came to a halt on entire 2nd nine with no Marshall in sight! 3 groups on every hole (overbooked??)

Beautiful Course

We just can’t get enough of Peninsula. It is absolutely one of the best courses in Gulf Shores. A must play!

Not a Good Day

The threesome I was to play with played with a members group so the starter set me up with an existing foursome. Shame on me for agreeing to this. First of all this was a family outing and I was not part of the family. On top of that I was not having my best day and the family leader, who had played this course once before, kept telling everyone which club to use on all shots. After 7 1/2 miserable holes I had enough and left. To be honest the ranger who had encouraged our group to speed it up saw me leave, followed me into the parking lot to find out what the problem was. He was very apologetic and even offered to try to get me in another group for my back nine. At that point I was beat up and just wanted to get out of there. At all times the employees from the pro shop to the cart guys were professional and I have nothing but good things to say about all of them. I just chalked it up to $11/hole but I won't be returning.

We have been playing Peninsula every February since it opened. Everyone there makes you feel welcome, from the cart guys to the bartenders.

Would highly recommend it to anyone looking for the best experience in golf at Gulf Shores

Beautiful course

This is a pretty and challenging course, but very playable. Unfortunately it started to rain so we stopped after 9 holes. The staff was very accommodating and refunded our money. Wish we could have golfed all 18, great course, well maintained. Pace was a little slow, there was a 5-some ahead of us, and a 2-some. No ranger.

Fantastic course

This course is friggin amazing!! The views are beautiful and plentiful!!! The staff are all awesome, the course is in immaculate condition, my playing partners were super cool and I couldn’t ask for a better golfing experience. Just wonderful!! If you have a chance to play this course do it!! You won’t be sorry!

Best golf Course at Gulf ShoresAL

Like the apple barrel on tee fairsways great condition greens fast and challenging all Persons involved with golf course make you feel right at home

First time

Course was in excellent shape and the entire staff was great in all aspects. We really enjoyed the day.

Golfers Dream

I can.not say enough good things about this establishment!!!
Staff was incredibly professional, organized, friendly and accommodating! Even with a 3 hr rain delay, they went above and beyond to be of service! The course was beautifully maintained and presented enough challenges to entertain a seasoned golfer but not so much as to intimidate the beginner! Best bloody mary I’ve ever had and the food was great! If you are anywhere near Gulf Shores...make the trip. You WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!! 5 Stars across the board!

Valid dates: Aug 15, 2019 - Aug 31, 2020