Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club

Year Built 1995
Architect Earl Stone (1995)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Accepted

Beautiful Course

We just can’t get enough of Peninsula. It is absolutely one of the best courses in Gulf Shores. A must play!

Not a Good Day

The threesome I was to play with played with a members group so the starter set me up with an existing foursome. Shame on me for agreeing to this. First of all this was a family outing and I was not part of the family. On top of that I was not having my best day and the family leader, who had played this course once before, kept telling everyone which club to use on all shots. After 7 1/2 miserable holes I had enough and left. To be honest the ranger who had encouraged our group to speed it up saw me leave, followed me into the parking lot to find out what the problem was. He was very apologetic and even offered to try to get me in another group for my back nine. At that point I was beat up and just wanted to get out of there. At all times the employees from the pro shop to the cart guys were professional and I have nothing but good things to say about all of them. I just chalked it up to $11/hole but I won't be returning.

We have been playing Peninsula every February since it opened. Everyone there makes you feel welcome, from the cart guys to the bartenders.

Would highly recommend it to anyone looking for the best experience in golf at Gulf Shores

Beautiful course

This is a pretty and challenging course, but very playable. Unfortunately it started to rain so we stopped after 9 holes. The staff was very accommodating and refunded our money. Wish we could have golfed all 18, great course, well maintained. Pace was a little slow, there was a 5-some ahead of us, and a 2-some. No ranger.

Fantastic course

This course is friggin amazing!! The views are beautiful and plentiful!!! The staff are all awesome, the course is in immaculate condition, my playing partners were super cool and I couldn’t ask for a better golfing experience. Just wonderful!! If you have a chance to play this course do it!! You won’t be sorry!

Best golf Course at Gulf ShoresAL

Like the apple barrel on tee fairsways great condition greens fast and challenging all Persons involved with golf course make you feel right at home

First time

Course was in excellent shape and the entire staff was great in all aspects. We really enjoyed the day.

Golfers Dream

I can.not say enough good things about this establishment!!!
Staff was incredibly professional, organized, friendly and accommodating! Even with a 3 hr rain delay, they went above and beyond to be of service! The course was beautifully maintained and presented enough challenges to entertain a seasoned golfer but not so much as to intimidate the beginner! Best bloody mary I’ve ever had and the food was great! If you are anywhere near Gulf Shores...make the trip. You WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!! 5 Stars across the board!

Thank you for a great round of golf. Your staff was very courteous, and accomodaying. The ladies restrooms on the course were emaculant. Look forward to playing again soon.

Never dissapoints

This is such a beautiful course. Always in great shape and a fantastic staff.

Best course in Gulf Shores

Peninsula was the best course I played in the Gulf Shores area during our stay. I think it was also the highest price of the ones I played. By far the best condition course from tee to green. Fairways in particular were much better than other courses. Greens fast and rolled true. Overall great place to play. Played 2 of the three tracks. The Lakes was closed. Only complaint from me was the gap between the #2 and #3 tees was too big or a bit off for my liking. The #3 tees is what I ended up playing and was too short. Not enough variety in the holes. All the par 3 were about the same length. But overall probably one of the nicest courses I've played. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Practice and warm up areas were very good. I am a 9 handicap and found the course a nice challenge.

Worth a visit

I have played this course previously and once again did not disappoint. Course is exceptionally well maintained. Manageable course but if you spray off the tee bring a few extra balls. Very enthusiastic employees. Do not hesitate to play here.

Wonderful Place to Play

I love all 3 nines on this course. Every time we play here the conditions are wonderful. Staff is great but the marshall told us to hurry up twice when there were no groups behind us. We played in 4 hours and were not a problem. We think he got confused because we came from the Marsh and onto Lakes and were "behind" even though the group in front of us just started their round.

Tough pin placements and fast greens

This is a beautiful layout and was in excellent condition. It was cool and windy when we started, and we had much difficulty managing the greens, which were lightning fast. The course was very crowded, and it took 5 hours to finish. But it was a great day.

Keep it in the Fairway!

You must play this course in Gulf Shores! It’s a great, and very challenging track. The course is in great shape, the staff is very nice. Will definitely play again.

Lee

Nice fairways and greens, but

Started on the Marsh - Lakes 18 and finished with a late 9 on Cypress. Generally good condition if you stayed out of the bunkers, which were loaded with footprints greenside - enough to indicate they were behind on maintenance. Many holes required a lot of accuracy off the tee.

Best course at Gulf Shores

Play everyday at Peninsula from 1 Nov to 31 March never had a problem staff weather grounds or club house great people would recommend this course to every body never had a problem can’t say enough about this course greens are fast fairways are outstanding going to miss playing come April

Good course unfriendly staff

Enjoyed the course. Pace of play slow but this time of year with elderly foursomes its to be expected. Pro shop staff not helpful and has an attitude. Other courses in the area are much more appreciative of your business.

Commented on 01/29/2018

Good Afternoon,
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the golf course and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback.

We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service and would love to hear about your experience.

Please contact our Director/Club Manager (Anthony Vaughn) at 251.968.8009 when you have an opportunity.

Peninsula Management

Beautiful course

This course is beautiful. The staff was as good as it gets.

Orange Beach, Alabama