Craft Farms - Cotton Creek

Year Built 1987
Architect Arnold Palmer (1987) Ed Seay (1987)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Amex Accepted

Average Semi private course

Course conditions are average for this time of year. Many bare spots in the fairways and around the edges. With rain the fairways and greens were very soft and caused ball to plug on approach shots. Bunkers were compacted and hard, no effort to rake and correct the sand. Trees shedding for the winter cover large areas on the course causing balls to be lost in the fairways. To be honest i have played this course many times in the past, it has always been my favorite. But in the past few trips, the course has been going down hill conditions wise. After two rude staff this visit and the lack of attention to the course, it will be my last. I can longer justify visiting an average course charging resort prices.

Good for the time of year

Staff was rude but course was in good shape for winter. Will not return because of staff.

Love Craft Farms

We took advantage of the week rate of $179 and played 27-36 holes each day. The entire Staff (starters, golf shop, restaurant) is extremely friendly. The restaurant serves wonderful food. Paola in the golf shop went out of her way to make our experience at Craft Farms the best! The course is well maintained and fun to play.

Review of Cotton Creek

Greens were good. Fairways were good, too. Tee boxes were pretty good. The course layout is not my favorite. The Cypress Bend course is better, imo. Staff was nice, and people on the course were nice, too. Much water on the course, but I can’t say I saw one alligator. I did see a turtle, though. I saw ducks, too. I was a single and my round was under 2.5 hours long. Ground was soft. 1 ball was deeply plugged by a green, and I couldn’t find it for awhile. The course is very good and green. Craft Farms is great. It’s very high-quality.

Commented on 07/19/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review our course. We look forward to your return visit.

Struggling Greens, Just Aerified, No Alert?

Played the course, it can be a little tricky on a few holes due to design. Maintenance has been working on the greens and was continuing to do si during play (tournament). Repaired areas were not marked and many dead and bumpy areas on the surfaces. Aeration holes very pronounced, however in a few weeks will heal. I never like playing a course when the greens are undergoing maintenance actions, especially when the sister course was in much better condition.

I suspect the greens will come along and the fairways are good, bunkers leave allot to be improved, many with different sand and some fluffed, others compacted. None are consistent.

So for me, liked played the course since I've never played it before, but not a favorite.

Staff must be mentioned, all were very helpful, smiling and attentive. Top notch!

Commented on 07/19/2019

Thank you for your feedback, please contact us at 251.968.2521 so we may better understand why you did not see an alert for aerification. We do appreciate your feedback and look forward to your call.

The course is not good

Definitely not worth the money. Was a waste of time and course conditions sucked. Pace of place sucked. Everything sucked

Commented on 07/19/2019

We are sorry we did not meet and exceed your expectations Please give management a call so we can better understand your concerns. 251.968.3002

Kindest regards,
Craft Farms Management

Commented on 06/10/2019

We appreciate your feedback. We would welcome an opportunity to work towards a resolution for the experience you endured while playing Cotton Creek.
Please call us back at 251.968.3002, Craft Farms Management

Course was in great condition. Greens rolled very nice.

The staff is very courteous and very helpful. Paola went out of her way to accommodate my arrival and buying experience in the club house.

Commented on 07/19/2019

Thank you for recognizing our team. We appreciate your time in writing a review and look forward to your return visit.

Highly recommend!

Visiting from out of town and couldn’t have had a bette experience, other than a few more birdies... Friendly staff, great amenities, and a fun course. Will come back next year!

Commented on 07/19/2019

We can't wait for your return. Thank you for the 5 star review.

Ridiculous fairways. Poa Anua farm.

Fairways ave no grass! Same last September when here. The mowers must be set a "scalp" setting! Or maybe 1/32". Fairways are shoter than greens. STAY AWAY. DO NOT WASTE $$. Go to Kiva Dunes or GSGC or Peninsula. Our last 4 trips here were same. Other course here has same problem. It's sorry situation. We cancelled our other 2 rounds here.. Rounds here took 4:50 to play. Nuts!!

Commented on 07/19/2019

Thank you for your feedback and we apologize that we did not meet and exceed your expectations. We would love another opportunity to provide the service and conditions you deserve. Please call management at 251.968.3002. COURSE IS IN PRISTINE SHAPE at present moment.

Not worth $100

For $89 + tax and fees this course is just not worth that price tag. Greens & tee box’s far below price paid. It’s sister course Cypress is in much better shape and worth the $100.

FordRanger,

Thank you for your comments as we value our guests feedback. We would love an opportunity to provide a more positive experience. Please call management at 251.968.3002.

Craft Farms has two courses that are both Arnold Palmer designed. Cotton Creek was more narrow that Ctpress Bend but was great to play. There’s more tree coverage. We had no one in front of us so we got to play with no distractions. The staff was friendly and the beverage carts came around regularly. We had an overall great experience and will be back.

Commented on 07/19/2019

Thank you so much for your review and 5 Star. Can't wait to see you during your return visit.

Cotton Creek

They were very nice the course was in pretty good condition, being a little wet. My only problem was they couldn't find my reservation from Golf Now. Lucky they weren't busy and could get us on. Going to another course today, we will see if Golf Now works at that one.

Commented on 07/19/2019

Thank you for your comments and 4 start review.

Quality Course

Greens were aerated but played true and there was discounted rate.

Great Course! Worth the Price!

This was the first time I've played golf in Gulf Shores. My cousin and I played the Cotton Creek course at Craft Farms. First, the clubhouse was great and staff were very friendly. They paired us with another few single players despite not a lot of play on a Tuesday mid-morning tee time. Course overall was difficult for the first time ever playing. Would play differently next time I play. Everything was in great condition and greens rolled true and were quick. Cart girls were frequently around which was great to have. No complaints here and will frequently play this course when I return to Gulf Shores! Shot an 86 with a 46-40.

Commented on 07/19/2019

We appreciate your review, we can't wait to see you beat that 86 the next time you visit.

Have a great day.

Nice day out

Nice place to play. Cold towels and apples on the course. There is also a beverage cart going around all all day.The only fault I found are that the fairways are tight, from 200yrds. and in the fairways are tight They need to allow the fairways to thickin up some. But its definitely a course worth playing on your visit!! #Gulflife

Craft farms Cotton Creek

This was the first time we have played at Cotton Creek and it was in excellent condition the greens run well and the pace of play was great the course has open fairways and sand and water the course is worth playing over and over I would definitely like to be able to play Cypress Bend I would say if your in the Gulf Shores area and you enjoy golfing pretty challenging golf couses play Craft Farms

Great Course, keep it in the fairway!

It’s a great course. It’s also a very challenging course! Will definitely play again.

Best in the area

Of the 6 courses in our package, The two courses at craft farms were the best overall experience in the area.

Valid dates: Dec 05, 2019 - Nov 01, 2020