Style Links

The Links at Bodega Harbour is conveniently situated along the Sonoma County Coast, only an hour from San Francisco and two hours from Sacramento. Its location perched above the Pacific also provides stunning ocean views. Designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr.in 1978, the back nine was the original course before the front nine was added nine years later. Jones designed a traditional Scottish links layout complete with rolling fairways and fast, undulating greens. There are almost 100 bunkers strategically situated throughout as well as thick patches of native coastal rough that are just waiting to swallow even slightly errant shots. The golf course is not long but it requires both skill and strategy. The final three holes are not only the most challenging, they also boast the most breathtaking views.

The Links at Bodega Harbour

Year Built 1978
Greens Poa Annua/Bent Grass

Terrific course. Stunning views.

Played on a weekend and ended up getting to play solo. Very well-maintained course. Friendly staff. Fast greens. Can’t wait to play it again.

Commented on 10/14/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, ChaseMcB! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Foggy for the first half, cleared and then wind (15-20 kts) after. Course is beautiful though, and in great shape.

Commented on 09/16/2019

Your feedback is important to us, rkclouse. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing The Links At Bodega Harbour.

Played 8/28. Course in great condition.

A thoroughly enjoyable day at the Links.
Made all the better by 2 close up sightings of bobcats!

Interesting Test

I played this course today. I will explain all the things I wish had of known before playing.

Good: I enjoyed the course conditions, the greens are challenging and the short game shots I encountered here were unique. Knowledge of the course is needed to score well as I over clubbed and under clubbed on three holes each. The greens tend to stick so you should play to the yardage you fly if you have a high ball flight.

I loved the hills and slope of this course as well. I didn't feel like I played the same hole twice, which is a common complaint of mine on a lot of courses.

The first four or so holes are all uphill, yet are not particularly long. You can play with a driving iron or fairwood and still have a wedge into the green. The last three holes are some of the best I have played and are fairly easy, setting up for low scoring. 16 and 17 are built on marshland and fairly short. 16 is a drivable par four

BAD: I disliked the narrowness of fairways and the closeness of houses on this course. I understand a lot of courses have houses on the course, but this course felt as though the houses were part of the course as a hazzard. I played shots differently, because of the fact I could easily hit a house if something went haywire. It was somewhat unnerving as you basically don't have a place to warm up and to get the driver going you need to miss it a bit, or at least I do. Not to mention if my fade sways with the wind, you can hit a house, which had me hitting a 2-iron and 3 wood most of the day, sometimes even hitting a four or five iron.

I understand this isn't the courses fault and I enjoy the course, but I think people should understand if you have a high ball flight you need to control your shots at this course, not much room for error.

I had a lot of fun at this course, I scored well despite losing six balls to hazards. I think if the houses were a bit further back, I would play this once a month or so. Instead, I will play it maybe yearly.

It is a beautiful course and one worth a play.

Commented on 08/23/2019

Thank you for visiting us at The Links At Bodega Harbour. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 07/26/2019

Hi bruceoswald. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Links At Bodega Harbour.

Beautiful golf course

My sons and I enjoyed a great day of golf at the Links at Bodega Bay. The course was in good condition and the views were spectacular! We will be back!

Commented on 07/22/2019

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing The Links At Bodega Harbour.

Bodega Harbor ...Bang for the Buck!

Robert Trent Jones design. Need I say more. Maniacal!
Some might find this course a bit extreme. Up hill, down hill, chasms, traps everywhere., hilly fairways.
For $36 including cart is a smokin' deal for that course. It was off the hook!

Greens were fast .....and tough.
Make the pilgrimage and enjoy. Be sure to check GolfNow for a proper deal. You could pay as much as $90.

Good fun, great spot, great people. Great course.
Cheers!

Commented on 07/22/2019

Hi, jwells9139. Let us first start by thanking you for the great review. We are glad to hear you thought highly of the course conditions. Our team works very hard to maintain the property and this is the experience we strive to provide.
We partnered with GolfNow because we believe in offering our golfers the best opportunities in golf, whether that be with our website or our partner’s. We will continue to work hard and create an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing The Links At Bodega Harbour. We hope to see you again soon.

Perfect Golf Date

My fiance plays this course every summer we visit, and I’m really glad I was able to join him this time. Perfect golf date on a beautiful day. It’s a short drive from Petaluma. Beautiful 66 degree day at the coast. Started out overcast and sun broke thru mid-day. Winds about 15-20 mph. Bob and the entire staff were super friendly. My first links course experience was truly enjoyable and plenty challenge (shot 116). Glad we rode and unless you enjoy winding conditions, 15-20 mph is a good max to stay under.

Commented on 07/16/2019

Hi u000006349539. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Commented on 07/09/2019

Hi Alkasquawlik. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Links At Bodega Harbour.

Beautiful!

Excellent staff and it’s treat!
Especially Bob! He is the best!

Commented on 07/05/2019

Hi u314159353807. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Commented on 07/09/2019

Hi cmward007. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Links At Bodega Harbour.

Great Day

Course was in great shape and the weather couldn’t have been better. Staff was helpful and friendly as always.

Commented on 06/25/2019

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at The Links At Bodega Harbour. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Papa’s time

This course is in great shape, and don’t let anyone fool you, its a tough course, golfed with 3 very nice gentlemen

Commented on 06/19/2019

Hi avaspapa. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at The Links at Bodega Harbour!

Challenging

Don’t expect to score well ... the front nine is very challenging ... you must be precise! Every hole is a signature hole; unique, exciting and difficult.

The back nine is a pleasant surprise.... wide fairways, greens are a bit more level ...

Trent Jones design ... on steroids!

Commented on 06/18/2019

A great day in paradise

What a great day we picked, sunshine no wind about 84° perfect. The golf course is in excellent condition, the greens are very challenging with lots of humps, and dales excellent condition. The course overlooks the ocean and with stunning views. The challenge of the course is it where to hit your drives, and set yourself up for the next shot. A beautiful day.

Commented on 06/13/2019

Commented on 06/12/2019

Hello, u000002540179. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Windy Day to Play

I've played this course before and enjoy the challenge, however, I'd recommend to determine how windy it will be unless you like strong winds. The course is challenging enough but when the wind is blowing in excess of 20 mph, half the hole are dead into the wind and makes it even harder. Still enjoyed my time, since I got around in a little over 3 hrs.

Commented on 06/06/2019

Hi John. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars in spite of the wind! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Links At Bodega Harbour.

Monte Rio, California