Style Links

The Links at Bodega Harbour is conveniently situated along the Sonoma County Coast, only an hour from San Francisco and two hours from Sacramento. Its location perched above the Pacific also provides stunning ocean views. Designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr.in 1978, the back nine was the original course before the front nine was added nine years later. Jones designed a traditional Scottish links layout complete with rolling fairways and fast, undulating greens. There are almost 100 bunkers strategically situated throughout as well as thick patches of native coastal rough that are just waiting to swallow even slightly errant shots. The golf course is not long but it requires both skill and strategy. The final three holes are not only the most challenging, they also boast the most breathtaking views.

The Links at Bodega Harbour

Year Built 1978
Greens Poa Annua/Bent Grass

Commented on 06/12/2019

Hello, u000002540179. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Windy Day to Play

I've played this course before and enjoy the challenge, however, I'd recommend to determine how windy it will be unless you like strong winds. The course is challenging enough but when the wind is blowing in excess of 20 mph, half the hole are dead into the wind and makes it even harder. Still enjoyed my time, since I got around in a little over 3 hrs.

Commented on 06/06/2019

Hi John. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars in spite of the wind! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Links At Bodega Harbour.

Gorgeous challenging course!

We went off at 1130 am and had a leisurely round. No wait in front and no one breathing behind us. Course and greens are in great condition. Will be back soon!

Commented on 06/06/2019

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating for The Links at Bodega Harbour. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

great golf course

have played this many times and the first four holes are the most challenging I've played. the course is in good to great shape especially with all of the rain we've had. always a bit windy in the afternoon. Bob and the staff are as friendly as you will find!

Commented on 06/06/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review and rate The Links at Bodega Harbour. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing!

Bodega Harbour

The course is in very good shape. Looks like the second and third rough cut happened last week, typical for spring on the coast. Very few wet spots left anywhere on the course.
The greens were firm and a little slow but the weather was perfect.
Started at 1:50 and played in under 4:15 with no one behind us. Good time to go out there before the summer winds start!

Response from on 05/15/2019:
Thank you for playing The Links at Bodega Harbour. We appreciate you sharing your kind words regarding our course conditions and pace of play. Thanks for sharing a photo from your round as well. Come back soon!
California Advisor

Stunning views/setting

Rode the Blacks (6284/71.6/132) with John, Ian and Mike in 4.5H. The weather was windy, partly cloudy and in the high 50's.

Robert Trent Jones Jr. design that coupled with the location is borderline spectactular. All 18 holes have anywhere from a good to a stunning view overlooking the Pacific. Very hilly course where you play about an equal amount up/down hill. Many hilly courses you play downhill, then ride in a cart for a half mile to get back up the hill so you can play down hill again. I love the way this course does not do that, most greens are close to the next tee. The uphill holes here are very challenging, they are very uphill. Par 70 layouts with only two par 5's I usually do not care for, but I really enjoyed this tough course. I thought the 132 slope from the Blacks was understated.

A very unique feature of this course is that you can only ride 16 holes. Holes 16/17 are a risk reward, short par 4 followed by a longer par 3. Those you have to walk becaue they are carved out of a marsh. They provide pull carts so golfers can either pull or carry their clubs on those holes.

The playing conditions were very playable. However, after playing over seeded courses in the desert consistently for months, a course that doesn't overseed the thin areas really stand out to me once you become accustomed to lush throughout.

The tees were good. Nicely maintained, level, good coverage with few unfixed divots.

The fairways were decent, nice coverage, about an even amount of lush and thin.

The rough was nasty. Close to the fairways, it was mowed down but still thick. Get more than a few yards off the beaten path and it was anywhere from 6" to a couple feet tall.

Windy course near the ocean, not a surprise that the sand traps were mediocre. Too many areas that were thin/crusty.

The large poa annua greens were firm but still putted medium to medium slow speed. I usually like poa annua greens and putt them okay. However, I was challenged by the speed and consistency of these greens.

The Links at Bodega Harbour would be a very difficult course to walk because it is so hilly. Agree with others comments that it is a must play if even remotely in the area. But this is not a course for everyone because of the difficulity, the hills and the fact that you have to walk two holes. Highly recommended with the above in mind.

Response from on 05/15/2019:
Thank you for playing The Links at Bodega Harbour for the first time, Nick. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words as well as recommend our course to other golfers in the area. Come back soon!

bodega links

Love this course, even on a day when your game is not great the views are. New carts are fantastic, phone charging port, yardage, and very quiet.

Response from on 05/03/2019:
Thank you for playing The Links at Bodega Harbour! We're thrilled to hear how much you enjoy our golf course. The views are incredible, aren't they?! We appreciate your positive feedback about the golf carts as well. Come back soon!

Links at Bodega Harbor - awesome course in an awesome condition.

The course is in as a good a condition as I have ever seen it, with my having played this course many times over the last 10 years.
Normally, I’d recommend the course to anybody who would listen, if only for the amazing views of the Bay from the course, but right now, with the course in the condition that it is in, I’d have to recommend the course as worth playing to anybody, regardless of how far away they live.
FYI, I live more than 2 hours away from the course. I’d gladly make the drive, even if I lived 4 hours away from the course.

Response from on 05/03/2019:
Wow! Thank you for playing The Links at Bodega Harbour many times over the last 10 years. Your kind words and recommendation are very much appreciated by everyone here. We hope to see you out here again soon!

beautiful course

Good condition, some of the rough was not cut yet, weather conditions didn't allow. Just stay in the fairway. Always a beautiful place to play no matter the weather. Pace of play was good, men's group in front of us. favorite, challenging, fast greens.

Response from on 05/03/2019:
Thank you for playing The Links at Bodega Harbour! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding the pace of play and course conditions. Come back again soon as the weather continues to get nicer.

Exceptional day

Today's weather was perfect! Temps in the middle 60"s, only a little wind, blue skies, no fog. This is a demanding course even if you have local knowledge, but if you have to play when the wind is blowing, the fog is creeping in, or it's a cold day, then good luck!
Even with this challenge, I scored my low round of the year!

Response from on 05/03/2019:
Thank you for playing The Links at Bodega Harbour! Sounds like the perfect day of golf and you scored your low round of the year! Congratulations! Come back again soon!

Not sure how this course is rated so high

I’ll be honest. I am baffled as to how this course is rated so highly. About the only good thing about the experience was the friendliness of the staff. Where do I start. Well... I guess the fact that it has not range is a good place. You can hit into a net but that is it. The course layout is just plain weird. Some holes will make you say “what was the designer thinking”. Conditions were ok...but not great. Also, be prepared to play in some hectic wind. While it was a beautiful day windless day in San Fran, this course played in a 4-club wind. It is a hike too. You are looking at a 1:20 min drive from San Fran. Given, the course layout, conditions, lack of amenities and wind, I have zero desire to rerun. Finally. The main reason I drove out to play there was that GolfNow states the course plays at 7500. Most courses I saw in San Fran were short. I figured at 7500, there had to be a set of tees at 6900. (My preferred yardage) to play from. Well. The course is only 6,200 from the back tees. I would not have made the drive had I known that.

Response from on 04/24/2019:
Thank you for playing The Links at Bodega Harbour. We're sorry to hear we didn't make a more positive first impression. Although the layout can be difficult at times depending on the weather, many golfers really enjoy our Robert Trent Jones Jr. designed golf course along with it's amazing views of the Bay. We hope you'll consider giving us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

Great coupon value

I played this course one year ago, saw a coupon and decided to give it another try. I was not disappointed. Tee time at 10am, the fog was starting to break, and around noon it was clear for a few hours. By the 17th, the fog rolled back in. That said, the weather helped to make it a memorable experience. The tee boxes were clean and in good shape. The greens were in good shape; it would be nice if the groundkeepers would remove the fences around the holes :) The greens are more tricky than they first appear. The elevation changes are fun and challenging. Overall, a great experience. My only complaint (ok I'm whining) was that I lost a few balls "in plain sight" due to the rough; recently mowed and leftover grass made it difficult to find balls just off the fairways. Looking forward to another visit!

Response from on 04/24/2019:
Thank you for playing The Links at Bodega Harbour again! We're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed the weather, course conditions, and layout. Thanks for sharing these great photos as well! Come back soon. Be sure to follow us on social media for the latest course news and specials.

Nice Day in Bodega Bay

The weather was perfact making the day very pleasant. The course still had a little dampness due to the winter rains but was still very playable. Have played this course a couple of times and find it challenging, especially since it has many holes that are very uphill or downhill. However, the views are excellent and staff is very helpful.

Response from on 04/24/2019:
Thank you for playing The Links at Bodega Harbour again, John! We're glad to hear the weather was perfect! Your positive feedback regarding our friendly staff is also much appreciated. Come back soon!

Hidden Gem

It’s Pebble Beach at a fraction of the price. Amazing vistas from almost all the holes. Staff Uber friendly and accommodating! The course in great shape only knock on it is the last three holes are a bit of a disappointment oddly shaped forcing people to walk them in a real odd manner. Great course

Response from on 04/18/2019:
Thank you for playing The Links at Bodega Harbour for the first time. We're thrilled to hear how great of a first impression our golf course made on you. Being compared to such an iconic golf course is much appreciated and we hope to see you out here for another round soon!
Response from on 03/26/2019:
Thank you for playing The Links at Bodega Harbour for the first time! Your 5-star rating is much appreciated. Come back soon!

Great round at Bodega Links

Thouroughly enjoyed a round at Bodega. Played the round with my brother and it couldn’t have gone better. By the time we were done the pace of play clock had us 57min ahead of pace. Course was empty except for a few scattered players. Got the round on a hot deal and received a very low rate. We were early so for a fee of $10 they let us go out before our scheduled time. Don’t know if this is a common practice or not but we took advantage of the empty course annd got out.

Response from on 03/26/2019:
Thank you for playing The Links At Bodega Harbour! We're thrilled to hear how much you and your brother enjoyed your most recent round. Nothing better than playing an hour ahead of pace! Come back soon and be sure to follow us on social media for the latest course news and specials.

What a day at Bodega Bay!

What a treat, I had been dying to play Bodega for years. I picked the most amazing day to play a great course. Value was top notch and the conditions were really good for the time of year. Will say there were a few fairways damaged from the mowers (understandable, given the amount of rain recently) but greens were is great shape...pace of play was great and staff were even better, providing great insight to the course set up given it was our first time out. Finished the round with a drink overlooking the ocean....UNREAL day...

Response from on 03/18/2019:
Awesome! We're thrilled you finally made it out here to play our beautiful golf course. Sounds like you had an incredible day and we look forward to you returning for another round soon! Thanks again!

Beautiful Overall

Course was in great shape. Weather was beautiful but a little windy. 16,17, and 18 were a real challenge given the wind. Can’t wait to play again!

Response from on 03/18/2019:
Thanks for playing The Links At Bodega Harbour! We appreciate your positive feedback regarding the course conditions. We're thrilled to hear you can't wait to play again. See you soon!

Beautufil course

Liked everything about the round, including the holes laid out between homes.

In general, I found the fairways very wide off the tee. it was windy but I suppose that is links golf. I found hole 16 very beautiful.

It exceeded my expectations. Will definitely revisit.

Response from on 02/11/2019:
Thank you for playing The Links at Bodega Harbour for the first time! We're thrilled to hear our golf course exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you out here for another round soon!

Dramatic ocean views

One of my favorite courses. Superb layout. The course makes you think about shot selection. Short course but strategically bunkered from the black tees.

Great staff. Everyone was very friendly and outgoing.

Response from on 01/30/2019:
Thanks for teeing it up out here at The Links at Bodega Harbour, Matt! We're thrilled to hear that we're one of your favorite golf courses. Hope to see you out here again soon!
Monte Rio, California
Sebastopol, California
Rohnert Park, California
Rohnert Park, California
Windsor, California

Valid dates: Nov 15, 2019 - May 31, 2020
Conveniently located 20 minutes from the airport, the new We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center features 246 contemporary guestrooms and suites designed with Native American traditions, bold Southwestern cuisine at Ahnala Restaurant, luxurious spa treatments and salon services at the Amethyst Spa and a spacious heated outdoor pool with two whirlpools.
From $1900