Crystal Springs Golf Course

Fairways Rye Grass
Greens Rye Grass

Carts Yes - $24 - $36

Greens in bad shape

Some greens were in very bad shape with GUR areas, pace of play a little slow but normal for Saturday morning.

Can’t believe front 9 was open

1/30/20 - Just finished my first round at Crystal Springs and I am shocked the front 9 was open. Fairways were swamps of mud and I have never seen greens in such an unacceptable condition. Punched (okay fine, but tell me when I check in) HEAVILY sanded and so moist that stepping on the green left 1/4 inch door impressions. The front 9 was entirely unplayable.

That said, I do think this course has a lot of potential. After the turn once you get into the wooded/hill area it really is a beautiful, well layed our and challenging course. I would return again, but only in extended dry climate conditions.

Pace of play was great until 14, ended up quitting after 15 when it became appearant the remaining three holes would take 90 minutes.

What’s going on at Crystal?

I have played this course more time than I can begin to count in the last 20-25 years, which includes many rainy seasons. I expected it to be a little sloppy due to recent rain, but I have NEVER seen this course in such poor (being kind) condition. The greens were probably the worst I have ever played anywhere. Several greens had areas 1/4-1/2 roped off under repair. They should have used crime tape.. The greens that used to be the signature of this course were so bad I putted with 3 wood a couple of times. Too bad. Hope they can figure it out. Wish I had thought to take pictures to add to this post.

Horrendous conditions and full price

Greens were horrendous. Like walking on a wet sponge. Footprints sunk down 1/2 inch just from walking on greens. Can’t putt. Some greens had holes, standing water, etc. I’ve played here during the summer. But in the condition it’s in now, I wouldn’t pay to play here. It was the first time we’ve actually considered calling it after 9 and asking for partial refund. Definitely not worth $87

The tale of two courses

Aside from #9 green, all the greens were terrible on front nine . Back nine all the greens were terrific. Maybe the best back nine in the Bay Area in my opinion

Not worth it

Only public course in Burlingame and you would expect it to be better. Pace of play is ridiculous. Two hours and forty five minutes to play the front nine. Drainage was nonexistent. Hadn’t rained in days but the course was an absolute mess. Bumpy greens, sloppy tee boxes, fairways soaked. $65 was a joke. Play anywhere but here.

Anonymous

Great layout and excellent views.

Great layout golf course,beautiful views.but during winter course is muddy.fairway and green needs improvement.also slow pace.

Soggy

The course was a little soggy today but is better than staying home and doing nothing.

Challenging course with great scenery

It's tough to beat the views at this course, which lies just off of one of the most scenic stretches of highway in the Bay Area, Interstate 280 on the San Francisco Peninsula. The location, alongside Lower Crystal Springs Reservoir, in rugged terrain at the base of the Santa Cruz Mountains, dictates a course with lots of elevation change, and uneven lies – and therein lies the challenge.

Be prepared for shots to elevated greens, or greens that lie well below the tee box or fairway, and shots with the ball below or above your feet. Walking this course is a workout – I have walked it once and ridden once – and would definitely ride if I were to play it again, due to the climbs (or drops) from tee or fairway to green. Fairways are often rather narrow, and it takes a bit of course knowledge to know where to (try and…) lay the ball off the tee to take advantage of, or avoid being punished by, the slant.

Condition of the fairways and greens is, in my experience, uniformly excellent, and even with recently punched greens I can't say anything negative about the putting surfaces.

I can recommend that any golfer in the Bay Area, or visiting the Bay Area, give this course a try.

Challenging course

Great to play on a Tuesday. Less people playing and the pace of play was good. Our foursome teed off at 12:45 and was able to finish in 4 hours 10 minutes. Course is challenging because the fairway is sloping either to the right or to the left in so many instances resulting in lots of uneven lies.g

SLOW!!!!

I have driven by this course numerous times and finally decided to give it a try. When I arrived the course was packed. I check in with the staff and they stay they will call my group when we are up for our tee time at 12:37. We end up finally teeing off at 1:20 with all the delays on the first tee. We see a marshall thinking he will help get the groups going and he is more interesting in giving golf lessons then keeping the pace of play up. When asked if this is normal he said yes they space out tee times 7 min apart. I asked if they were always so backed up and he said go ahead write an email to management. This course has a great layout but my experience with nearly 6 hour round and poor experience with the staff I will not be going back.

Good shape but Pace of play too slow

We were scheduled to tee off at 11:04 but dd not tee off until after 11:30. Then it took 5 1/ 2 hours to play 18. Often there were two foursome waiting at the tee when we completed the hole ahead. For the entire front nine. Back nine the pace picked up somewhat. So do not play here on a weekend.

What are the marshals doing?

Played here today waited approximately 20 minutes per hole per shot. Never saw one marshal come out to speed things along. Horrible time management in a course I usually love playing. Get it together.

Enjoyable

Good day, good greens. Better pace than usual made for a great day.

Very nice course

I really enjoyed this course. It’s quite picturesque but does have a lot of narrow holes! Gotta be on your game! Thinking about playing here again today as a matter of fact.

good course to play near san francisco

first nice hole is in a good pace , but last nine hole is very slow. Total time to play 18 holes is 4.5 hours.

Hillsborough, California
Redwood City, California
Daly City, California
Woodside, California

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.