Monarch Beach Golf Links

Silver (W) 70 5612 yards 73.5 138
Jade 70 5050 yards 64.5 115
Jade (W) 70 5050 yards 69.8 129
Scorecard for Monarch Beach Golf Links
Black M: 72.5/135 W: 78.6/149 437 446 315 185 217 400 612 436 512 3560 417 405 542 155 385 185 424 172 400 3085 6645
Orange M: 70.0/129 W: 75.9/143 376 410 295 162 193 376 550 387 495 3244 346 365 526 146 375 165 366 150 369 2808 6052
Monarch M: 69.0/127 376 388 295 162 193 376 517 357 472 3136 346 365 496 127 354 137 366 150 369 2710 5846
Orange/Gold M: 68.9/127 376 388 295 162 193 376 517 357 472 3136 346 365 496 127 354 137 366 150 369 2710 5846
Gold M: 67.7/124 W: 73.5/138 354 388 278 151 168 366 517 357 472 3051 333 342 496 127 354 137 305 128 339 2561 5612
Platinum M: 64.5/115 W: 69.8/129 319 356 258 132 150 346 499 296 436 2792 306 303 456 90 323 105 268 110 297 2258 5050

Year Built 1983
Golf Season Year Round
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Jr. (1983)

Golf Simulator Yes

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

3 Birdies

With a 11 handicap I tied my record of 3 birdies in a round. I played a month after the greens had been reseeded and they are perfect! The greens are rolling true. Fairways are like vacuumed carpet. Beautiful ocean views, especially on the signature hole #3. The staff is attentive to all my requests and very kind. Get the crab cakes on turn.

Excellent staff and service

Fantastic golf course and scene. The people are wonderful.

Awesome Course!

Awesome course! Great view and beautiful amenities and friendly staff! Would definitely recommend it as a must play course! Bravo!

Monarch Beach Links

This course had some beautiful views. Holes 3 & 4 were phenomenal. The GPS on the Golf carts were annoying. Way too many advertisements not much information about the course layout or distance on each shot. First time playing MB. Staff was friendly. Food was really good. Snack shack is after the 5th hole which was different. Overall experience was good.

Best course in OC

This course is a bucket lister for sure. The layout and location are exceptional, with ocean views from the clubhouse and on holes 3 and 4.

The staff is the best in the business from valet and carts guys to the starters, especially Frank and Tony who take customer service to new heights.

The course is challenging, yet fair.

Great job all around and five stars for sure!!!

Orange County Gem

We had a great day! The weather was perfect, the course was in supreme shape, green rolled amazingly well, and the food and amenities and the staff were also incredible. There are tricky holes, tricky greens, and challenging shots and fun holes and even two holes right on the ocean! The 18th hole is a perfect way to finish all bets with a nervy shot over water! Then the warm towels and home cookies are waiting for you! My group loved it.

Monarch Beach is a great course that is a fun play with excellent views. Eric Lohman the PGA Pro does a great job with this course. I highly recommend playing this fantastic OC Course.

Outstanding service

Excellent, outstanding and magnificent are just a few words that come to mind. The views were stunning. The course is in great shape and manicured beautifully. The sand traps were perfect, the green speeds were just right and the fairways were very nice. The only thing that was less than perfect was the practice area, but because of the location you have to give it a pass. Who could blame them for not using more of that property for a driving range. I saved the best for last. The staff was absolutely unbelievable. From the moment you pull up to valet to the moment you're loaded up and on the way out its 100% perfect. They even cleaned my golf shoes and put them In a plastic bag. I'll be back.

The green were the best I have seen them

They seem to be finally putting some serious money into upgrading the course, the greens were the best I have seen them and the bunkers are much better than they have been. The fairways are improving but the tees need work. The staff is great especially Frank in the Pro shop. Always friendly, always professional and welcoming.....

Very picturesque

All in all it was great course, very challenging and very well laid out. Ocean views, mansions and beautiful Scenery wherever you looked. The staff was exceptional and it seemed the refreshment cart was always available when needed.

Greatest customer service

Very impressed with the golf staff. Everyone was super friendly and professional. I would recommend this course to anyone.

Unforgettable Golf Experience

This round will definitely never be forgotten and I can’t wait to go back! Staff were all amazing but the one that stood out was Frank at the pro shop! Absolutely the best customer service I’ve ever had at any Course in my 12+ yrs golfing!! Great views! Great challenging layouts...greens were always different and you had to have well placed shots into greens to even have a chance to two putt!!...from the moment I stepped on hole 18 tee box...I was overwhelmed with sadness because I wanted to do it all over again! I live about 1 hour 30 mins away ...and I will definitely plan to go back a few times a year! Keep up the great work Monarch and thank you for the experience.

This course under great conditions would be a 5 star club. But, they just airafied all the greens and not the best for putting. Also they had a outting of 50 players in a scramble that took close to 5 hours to play. I like to use golf now but you can't ask if you punch greens or if there is a outting going on when you sign up!

Golf 949 in the am

I found out that Monarch most of the time has an am

9 Hole rate off the back nine for a special price. Only $49.00. This amazing because of how nice it is. We get to play the back nine before the days maintenance team goes through. Even with that the greens are still firm and fast and the course plays great, albeit it was a little chilly. We also got Gokfboards for $9 and breakfast for $9. Eric J. in the shop was very nice as well. I will be back and am looking at doing the 6 month pass as well.

No Better Place for a Friday Afternoon

I played Monarch yesterday (3/2) when it looked like the rain was going to hold off until sunset. I had not been out to Monarch in a while and was quickly reminded of why I love it. It has a great “OC” vibe and the friendliest staff around (Arroyo Trabuco is a close 2nd!). Eric and Frank in the golf shop couldn’t have been more helpful. The beverage cart girls even went above and beyond for my group! Though the rain scaring golfers away had something to do with it my foursome was able to finish in just under 4 hours teeing it at 1:30 and finishing just before the sunset and the rain. The rain will help the conditions which were still good considering the winter season and lack of precipitation. The greens were phenomenal and lightning fast which is rare in Orange County. Highlight of the day, as is the norm out there, was playing number 3 and 4 out on the beach in the afternoon sun. Looking forward to getting back out there next Friday afternoon

Goodtimes again.

We teed off at 8am and played in 4 hours 15 mins. Not too bad. We did play a fivesome. Greens were silly good. Awesome views and staff. Fun and will be back soon.

Unbeatable golf atmosphere

I had the opportunity to play a round with my father for his birthday. We tee'd off at 9 am and was off the course by 1 pm. The outside staff was the most friendly and accommodating I have ever experienced. The course was in phenomenal condition and he weather was a perfect 70 degrees in February in CA. Renee in the golf shop helped me pick out an outfit that I am very proud to represent! I will definitely be returning to Monarch Beach soon!

Wonderful staff and views!

I accompanied my boyfriend for his round of golf at this wonderful course and it was so much fun! Tommy at the valet podium was great and Renee in the golf shop was so sweet and helpful! The course was well maintained and overlooked the water. I would definitely come back again.

Laguna Niguel, California