Woodbridge Golf Club

Woodbridge Golf Club
Scorecard for Woodbridge
Black M: 74.8/133 431 196 573 177 426 483 527 317 420 3550 432 149 424 614 443 521 210 293 452 3538 7088
Blue M: 71.9/128 391 168 541 144 394 460 487 304 391 3280 383 124 371 525 393 511 178 281 428 3194 6474
Combo M: 70.1/124 391 168 496 144 353 426 447 304 351 3080 383 124 328 504 338 483 178 281 428 3047 6127
White M: 68.4/120 W: 75.1/145 352 127 496 124 353 426 447 278 351 2954 346 101 328 504 338 483 115 262 390 2867 5821
Red M: 64.7/112 W: 71.2/130 316 92 409 95 324 383 412 216 314 2561 316 74 272 443 289 396 92 189 349 2420 4981

Year Built 1999
Fairways Tifway 419 Bermuda
Greens Tif-Eagle Bermuda

Golf Simulator Yes

Great challenging and fun course

I like courses to challenge all your clubs in the bag and to make you think right off the tee on best trajectory. This course does that. I have to come back and get revenge. Those greens are tricked out to where you will not get bored with pin positions anytime soon.

Some improvements? Some tee boxes at the tips are a little worned out and uneven. I don't know if they get much play from back there, but could use some care and attention.

Just great course!

If it is windy, play Woodbridge

This is one if the best, most interesting courses in the DFW area. Well maintained. Friendly staff! Great practice facility. And tasty homemade lunch specials. Most holes are well protected, very playable even on windy days. Always a sraight up and challenging course. GPS mapping on carts!

Good Deal

Played this course on multiple occasions and never disappointed. Staff is always friendly and course was in great shape!

Good Track but Dumb Golfers

Fun course design in good shape but degraded by idiot golfers that dont adhere to common sense of cart use and fairway divot repair. Come'on! keep the cart ON the cart paths around tees and greens! Why do cart drivers insist on pulling the cart onto the grass in these areas? It just wrecks the course especially when wet. Get a clue!

Weather was Great!

Even though it had rain the night before, we still had a great round. Always enjoy my time at this course.

Course was still muddy from all the rains. Crowded due to 1st nice weekend.

Mixed feelings but enjoyable.

The day started with a very helpful and friendly golf shop employee. Was very welcoming being my first time at the course and even offered a discount card for future play.

The area had a lot of rain over the past few weeks, but the sun has been out for a few days now and helped dry the course out some. There was a 90 degree out for the carts. This helped a lot on not tearing up the fairways.

One thing I did notice and this is not the staff fault, but this appears to be played by a lot of locals that just don't care to replace divots nor fill them in after they make them. Also, lots of ball divots on the greens that were not repaired. This unfortunately tarnishes the look of the fairways and greens, which were in pretty darn good condition. The tee boxes were in great shape also. The greens were fast, undulating and challenging on some holes. There are a lot of par 3's and a few very short par 4's. The short par 4's are not drivable though as they have trees blocking a shot to the green or a dogleg. There are homes on some fairways and greens, but were far away enough that they did not come into play. Lots of trees, narrow tee shots, you could hear the creeks rolling by and lots of birds. It was kind of a gem in the country. I feel if we didn't have so much rain lately, this course would be in amazing shape but did show some signs that the creeks and waterways overflowed. This course kind of reminded me of my favorite course, Sugar Tree in Lipan.

My main complaint is this, and I feel that since its a weekday, it get's overlooked. Play was really slow by foursomes that were full of very high handicappers. They would not wave me through and I was playing as a single. This course needs a marshal keeping the pace of play going or making sure there's not a wait at the tee box. My second complaint is allowing blue jeans and t-shirts to be worn. I know this can be petty, but I feel a person that puts an effort to dress like a golfer will have more respect for a course while playing on it. This goes back to my prior comments on slow play, not allowing play through and not repairing divots on the fairway and greens.

Overall, I would recommend this course for anyone wanting to play a fairly challenging course.

Tough Course

Greens were in fair conditions - very grainy - lots of undulations - impossible to stop on some downhill putts. Many sand traps are dirt traps - need to rework traps or convert to grass bunkers. Lots of impossible pin placements due to the contours on the greens. The greens are no fun for the average player.

As advertised

I know this course well. $55 is more than I usually play but I know they will at least have it in great condition which it was

Wet

Rained on the first hole and that was it. Fun course but soggy today.

Finer Points Need Attention

This is a great tight, wooded track and was in excellent condition. I recommend it but cannot give it 5 stars because of some finer points that need attention. Completing my warm up, I needed to clean my irons. The course provides an iron cleaner but it had no water nor did several of the course ball washers. All else was excellennt.

Great course for the value; still drying out

Course greens were a little damp but after the heavy rain last week its in good condition. Great layout; challenging pin locations and fast greens despite the weather.

Worth the drive

Course was in great shape especially considering the heat and lack of rain. Tee boxes, fairways and greens were in great shape. Also liked the cart gps monitors. It was a little bit of a drive to get out there but we’ll worth it.

Challenging, Fun, and Well Managed

I really enjoyed playing this course. You can tell it’s kept in excellent condition and the course itself is challenging, but still playable. I feel like you could play this course every week and it would still challenge you the same. It even has a small mini-golf course for the young ones.

We had two foursomes in front and following our foursome, and we almost never saw either group. Pace of play helped keep pressure off our group and we all enjoyed our rounds very much. The course wasn’t that busy, and I think that helped contribute to a more relaxing day.

It’s not the cheapest round of golf in the Metroplex, but I’d say you get your money’s worth. Greens fees come with cart & gps. I am going see about getting a membership here because it’s close to my home and I truly enjoyed playing at Woodbridge.

Nice track challenging shots

Other than being cut short by lightning, which I prefer not to play in, the round wenr well. I will be returning.

Had a wonderful experience at Woodbridge! Got there early to practice. The clubhouse staff told me that it was wide open for the entire day and if i wanted to tee off earlier than my tee time i could. That was very cool of him to let me tee off early. Great guy! Thank you for the round Woodbridge!

Good challenging course

I had never played here until today and wanted to give this place a shot. The course was in great shape except for the bunkers on the back nine. They were like concrete. If you play here pay close attention to the map in the cart and anyone who had experience with this course. There are several holes that off risk reward on them and some places that you can drive the ball too far off the tee.

The staff was fantastic and the practice areas were well kept. It’s a 20 mile drive for me one way but I’ll come back.

Valid dates: Nov 26, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019