A view over the water from Rio Hondo Golf Club.

Rio Hondo Golf Club

Year Built 1924
Architect John Duncan Dunn (1924) Gerry Pirkl (1994)

Fivesomes Allowed Yes
Dress code Shirts with collars and full length shorts are required.

Great layout

Wonderful layout and staff at Rio Hondo. We tee'd off early so pace was probably better than average. The course wasn't in great shape but also not too horrible. I think it's a fair value for what you pay.

Commented on 02/26/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Rio Hondo Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 02/06/2020

Thanks for the 5-star review!

Super Slow but Nice Conditions

Still on the course. Four hours and only on hole 13. Greens, tee boxes and fairways all in great condition. Would be hesitant to play only because of the pace. Maybe its because the weather is so perfect that it’s so busy.

Commented on 01/24/2020

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and we are glad to see you rated the course conditions to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Rio Hondo Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 01/24/2020

Hello, lakers23. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Rio Hondo Golf Club.

Very slow for weekday but fun

First time playing Rio Hondo. I enjoyed the weather and round however there were a couple issues. The pace of play was horrible especially for a weekday. It took over 5 hours to complete. The course smelled horrendous on certain holes because the residential are surrounding it was covered in manure. The course itself was challenging because it was narrow and had some water hazards. I hit the ball over 300 yards but am crooked off the tee so it presented a challenge. The staff was friendly. Overall it was an enjoyable day. I would recommend however, the pace of play could be faster.

Bad

We were forced to golf in the dark and fog. We cannot see where to hit or how the course was die the first 4 holes ...Marshall guy came and told us to hit even though we don’t know how far or the directions to hit. Never again ...

Commented on 01/21/2020

Commented on 01/24/2020

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Rio Hondo Golf Club.

Commented on 01/27/2020

Hello, acho23. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Rio Hondo Golf Club.

Best Experience to Date

I’ve played this course at least 15 times and today was the best round ever, although the greens weren’t in the best of shape. The pace of play was excellent and moved without delay.

Commented on 01/08/2020

Hi Gus9815421. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Rio Hondo Golf Club.

Decent course

You can tell the recent rains really effected this course. The greens themselves were in good shape. The fairways need a lot of drying out and re-seeding. Love the layout of the course and the various challenges that require accurate shots. Fairway and greenside bunkers were in good shape. Pace of play was ridiculous. My group was behind a walking foursome. Normally that is no big deal, however each member of that group gathered around the individual taking his next shot rather than going to their own ball and preparing for their shot. Taking 30-45 seconds over a 1 foot putt (seriously) on more than one occasion is just rude when the group behind has been waiting. Multiple time one of my playing partners got their attention in order to have them speed up. There was no Marshall in site. This made for a 5+ hour round.

I will play the course again but during dryer conditions and will make sure we bug the pro-shop with calls over and over to report slow play if we ever encounter a group like we did today.

Commented on 01/14/2020

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Commented on 02/20/2020

Commented on 01/24/2020

Hello, lakers23. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Some fairways were bear. WHAT HAPPENED

Saw a good deal on Golfnow for this course and took advantage of it since I got the day off. The staff were very friendly, helpful and attentive. Good start but when you hit the course is when thing went down hill. I played here about 2 years ago and remembered how tight this course way which I find very challenging but I also remembered how nice it was. Not the same this time. Fairways were like dirt. I guess they are planning on reseeding and cut the grass down to nothing. The greens are ok but GUYS, PLEASE FIX YOUR DIVOTS!!! I had to fix mine and 2 others on every hole. Even the people I played with said this place sucks and they’ve been playing here regularly. I thought the deal was too good to be true and it was. Very disappointed on the condition of the course. Sad

Commented on 01/07/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Rio Hondo Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 12/31/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, rdespin! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 12/31/2019

Hi Wenchow. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Rio Hondo Golf Club.

Commented on 12/27/2019

Rio Hondo

Great course for the money and greens were in good-excellent shape! Would def. play again.

Commented on 12/27/2019

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Rio Hondo Golf Club!

Great greens, great course layout, great staff, great price. Will definitely recommend to friends and will definitely be going back!

Commented on 12/02/2019

Hello, we appreciate the kind comments and great review! Book another round with us soon at Rio Hondo Golf Club.

I like the layout of this course and players are friendly but the pace of play is way too slow. I enjoyed coming here but might be time from a break from here for faster rounds.

Bell Gardens, California
Whittier, California
Pico Rivera, California
Monterey Park, California

Valid dates: Apr 01, 2020 - Oct 31, 2020
Bring your game and Make it Grand when you stay on the Stay and Play Golf package. Experience The Brute, a stunning 7,300-yard American classic or The Highlands, a picturesque landscape of scenic hills, trickling creeks and lush foliage.