Combo 72 6625 yards 71.9 128
Scorecard for The Ranch
Black M: 74.7/137 386 399 382 173 564 410 215 478 526 3533 415 203 649 388 478 458 533 169 444 3737 7270
Blue M: 73.2/134 369 384 369 156 545 383 209 449 509 3373 402 180 621 375 461 444 517 150 412 3562 6935
Blue/White M: 71.9/128 369 384 352 156 519 383 192 376 509 3240 402 161 583 375 414 397 517 150 386 3385 6625
White M: 71.0/126 W: 77.5/136 339 344 352 149 519 354 192 376 491 3116 379 161 583 352 414 397 472 135 386 3279 6395
Gold W: 72.8/126 228 290 313 139 435 307 170 351 483 2716 319 139 360 304 407 358 411 118 371 2787 5503
Red W: 70.3/121 228 290 313 127 435 307 148 305 416 2569 301 139 254 304 385 333 411 96 329 2552 5121

Year Built 1996
Architect Denis Griffiths (1996) Gene Sarazen (1996)

Carts Yes - $22

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in California (2016 #14) (2015 #8)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Value Courses in the U.S. (2016 #1)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2015 #22)

Bobcat golf day

Excellent round of golf today, saw a mother bobcat and her two babies on the #2 tee box! Awesome day, we’ll be back⛳️

Commented On 07/16/2019

Awesome! Thank you for visiting us at Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Love, love, love this course

This is one of our favorite courses in the valley. Beautifully laid out with challenges galore! Beautiful raise tee boxes and incredible views. Highly recommend this course for a great day of golf. The course is very well maintained and great challenging greens! If you have never played here give it a try! :-)

Commented On 07/05/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us Dano. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club thanks you!

Off the beaten path

A very interesting course with many diverse holes that are both challenging and very long. Several holes are well over 420 yards from the whites.
The driving range was free, but limited to irons and very old mats. The tee boxes were in very good condition, but after that there were several things that needed work. The fairways were cut very short, with many dead areas. The sand traps were inconsistent, either dry, dry with dirt close to the sand and a few had reasonably fair sand.
Lots of water on the course with very narrow fairways and on two of the holes, a driver and a three wood driven to the center of the fairway were never found. Probably rolled into the water, but I’m really not sure. The greens were weird. Fast at times, slow at times and even downhill looking putts were invariably slower than they looked. They were cut very short, so holding the greens with long irons was difficult. Lastly, the rough was cut short, but the next cut was four foot long shrub grass, so anything hit in there was lost. Pace of play on Friday was 4 1/2 hours , but since I played alone, and wasn’t able to be waved up, it seemed longer. Lastly, the wind was approximately 30 MPH, so this difficult long course was playing much more difficult than on a non windy day
A little more water and this course would be advised, even though it is way off the beaten path, about 9 miles inland from the 5 freeway through a mountain pass with lots of curves.

Commented On 06/25/2019

Thank you for your review! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to have you back again soon for your next round!

Great challenging course

Would highly recommend this course to all you golfers out there

Commented On 06/25/2019

Wonderful! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us and we can't wait to have you back again soon at Diablo Grande!

Commented On 06/18/2019

HiXHACKER. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club.

Worth the Journey

This course is off the beaten path, but it is only about an hour from the SF Bay area and well worth the trip. If you make the trip, you will find a challenging course, good pace of play, friendly staff, and a beautiful clubhouse.

Commented On 05/29/2019

Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We're also pleased that our staff left a great impression on you. We can't wait to have you back again soon for your next round at Diablo Grande!

Pace of Play = Good. Pace of Greens = Bad

I hadn't played the Ranch Course at Diablo Grande in probably 20+ years, when I was playing high school matches their. Fast forward to last Friday

PROS
- Pace of play. I teed off at 3:00 pm on Friday of Memorial Day weekend. I played through one twosome and didn't see anyone on the back nine. Even with taking my time and playing two balls on some holes, I played in 3 hours 30 minutes.
- Condition of course. The tee boxes, fairways and rough were very pure and lush.
-Layout. I had forgotten what a good layout this is. Aside from stupid #12, the course is memorable, challenging and offers playability and fun.

CONS
- Greens were the slowest (non-punched) greens I have ever played on. The greens were healthy and had a ton of grass on them, they just appeared to not have been mowed in a few days, Very bizarre and disappointing, as I was not able to truly experience the challenging greens.
- Too many homes. 95% of the homes were not here the last time I played here. I get the economics of having them, but its still a bummer to not be able to see the beautiful rolling hills in the distance.

Overall, a suitable value for $30 on a Friday afternoon at an empty course. Just need to get those greens cut!

Commented On 05/29/2019

Thank you for your review! We're pleased that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout and that the pace of play was good, but we apologize that our conditions didn't meet your expectations. We appreciate your review and we hope you'll give us another try in the future!

Almost Excellent!

Everything was very good except the greens today. I have played there 5 times and the greens were fast and smooth but today was really bad. Grainy and not mowed tight, ball is going straight but bouncing.

Commented On 05/29/2019

Thank you for your review! We're pleased that you enjoyed your round, but we apologize that our conditions didn't meet your expectations. We appreciate your review and we hope to have you back again soon!

2nd best course in valley

Love this course. Great challenge. Stay out of the savanna
With all due respect second only to the reserve at Spanos as best in the valley. But I play Spanos once a week so maybe biased
Great course. Recommend this place anytime

Commented On 06/25/2019

Wonderful! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We can't wait to have you back again soon for your next round at Diablo Grande!

Great course, best cookies!

Ok so I admit the cookies in the Ranch Market at the course always put me in a great mood before a round, so I’m a little bias. But, the cookie bias aside I love this course. I think it’s a little over priced for the location, 50 bucks range for a weekend round would be killer, 35 during the week perfect. But usually you can get a good deal on apps like GolfNow. Regardless this course is always in great shape, beautiful scenery, and the food is really good. If this course was closer to Livermore it would be battling Poppy for business.

Commented On 05/01/2019

Fantastic! We're trilled that our course conditions met your expectations and that you enjoy our cookies in the Ranch Market. We appreciate your review and we can't wait to have you back again soon at Diablo Grande!

Excellent golf course

It was A good experience to play in this golf course.Very good condition and well maintain.Pace of play are in order.Although it’s a little bit warm at that day and A little further from the Bay Area Where we live is worth traveling to this beautiful golf course. I don’t mind going back to play again and definitely I will recommend this to other golf player.

Commented On 04/26/2019

Excellent! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course conditions and that you were able to play at a good pace. We can't wait to have you back again soon at Diablo Grande!

Great layout

It was well designed and the layout will challenge the better golfer

Commented On 04/03/2019

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We appreciate your review and we look forward to having you back again soon!

Diablo Grande

Course Tee to Green was in good shape for the most part; however greens left a little to be desired as they where VERY SLOW; and inconsistent with some dead brown areas on the putting surface that where not very nice; also the bunkers where very hard and little sand ; every sand trap I was in (4-5 in the round) where very “crunchy”; hard and consisted of lots of rocks and pebbles that scratched or damaged your wedges or iron that you where hitting in the sand traps. Also the top coat of sand was WAY to thin; meaning that under the sand felt like concrete or hard to the point that you worried about injuring yourself!
Overall I had fun and still enjoyed the course especially for the value of the HOT DEAL @ $24. If I had paid the full rate of $50 about I would not be very happy with the conditions

Commented On 07/09/2019

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Fairways are good

Fairways are in good shape .... Greens are ok the speeds are up and down but overall a nice course to play

Commented On 05/01/2019

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and we appreciate your review. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round!

Commented On 03/18/2019

Outstanding! Come back soon!

Fantastic course

I want to move here and play this course everyday!

Excellent greens throughout

The pace of play was excellent. Greens and fairways were excellent. Can’t wait to go back and play the course again.

Commented On 12/27/2018

Excellent! We're thrilled that our course conditions met your expectations and that you were able to play at a good pace. We can't wait to have you back again soon for your next round at Diablo Grande!

Beautiful and Challenging Course

This was our second time playing this course this week. The staff are very friendly and eager to assist with any questions or needs. The course is in very nice shape with beautiful tees and high overlooks. There are many challenges throughout the course. My wife loves the woman’s tee’s since some of the shots are over small canyons. This is now one of our favorite courses and we will definitely be back very soon :-). Cost is very reasonable for a course of this type.

Commented On 11/21/2018

Excellent! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course conditions and that our staff left a great impression on you. We appreciate your review and we can't wait to have you back again soon at Diablo Grande!

Beautiful and challenging

We found this course while looking for new courses in our area. My wife is new to golf and we are expanding our choices since she is improving . This course is beautifully laid out with very challenging holes and traps galore. The staff are wonderful and eager to assist in any and all your needs. The course is a very peaceful fun day with wildlife and beautiful views. I highly recommend this course if you are looking for a fun and challenging day of golf. The cost is very reasonable for a course of this caliber, we will be back very soon.

Commented On 11/14/2018

Excellent! We're thrilled that you and your wife enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We're also glad that our staff left a great impression on you. We can't wait to have you back again soon at Diablo Grande!

Tracy, California