San Vicente Golf Course

Year Built 1971
Golf Season Year round. Weather permitting
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr.

Golf School Academy Yes - "San Vicente Golf School"
Golf Simulator Yes

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Banquet Facilities, Spa, Jacuzzi

Available Activities

Swimming, Billiards

Available Sports

Fitness, Tennis

Slow play make for a long day !! 5 hr is a little to long for a round !!

Commented on 02/20/2020

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and we are glad to see you rated the rest of your round great during your game. Thank you for playing San Vicente Golf Resort. We hope to see you again soon.

Nice greens but .......

This course was okay but not the “hidden gem” that it was described to me as. The greens were very nice but overly firm. The fairways were not in good condition although I should add that they were as good as many other courses that we played in the San Diego area over the past few weeks. The layout is challenging although I was somewhat disappointed that even though the location is in rough terrain, the course layout is relatively flat. Overall, I was somewhat disappointed.

Commented on 02/20/2020

Hi Sultans! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Good Weekday Round

My wife and I enjoy the course each time we play. It is very fair to her and mid-handicap golfers.

Greens were fast and rolled true. A few (3-4) tee boxes could use some work. Overall, the fairways were what I expected for the middle of January. A couple evenings of frost may have taken their toll, but, quality lies 90% of the time.

Staff was very courteous. Nice option to call in food/beverage at the turn. Ready and hot in 15 minutes.

We will be back before long.

Commented on 01/31/2020

Hi, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating your recent round with us. We will make sure to inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back again soon at San Vicente Golf Resort!

Sad!

Well when I called to book I was told the course was in good shape! Well it was the worst I've ever seen it! From tee to green it was absolutely horrible...staff is always great..and so is the grill but I came to play golf...save your money and go elsewhere till they reopen next year!

Very pleasant

This is a wide open course. Player friendly fairways, great greens and an exceptional staff made my day. I will be back for sure

Commented on 01/21/2020

Hi, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back again soon at San Vicente Golf Resort!

Back Country

A hidden jewel in the back country of San Diego, worth the drive from any where.

Commented on 12/29/2019

Hi Pablo, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at San Vicente Golf Resort!

Commented on 10/29/2019

Hi Pablo. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing San Vicente Golf Resort.

Disappointed

I played this course in June. Was fairly good then. Today, a Sunday, the greens are not mowed! But you want $52 a round? The greens stimp to 8 maybe 8.5. Very shaggy and inconsistent. I played Maderas 2 weeks ago, $79 rate. Greens stimp to 10-11. My playing partner mentions the course may be rebuilt or re worked? I have no reason to return to a course that does not respect the patrons enough to actually MOW the putting greens!

Commented on 11/05/2019

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course conditions are extremely important to us. We are currently working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing San Vicente Golf Resort. We hope to see you again soon.

San Vicente

Did not like this course at all! Very slow play and no marshalll.

Commented on 09/16/2019

Hello Jay, thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the slow play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve and will use your comments as guidance. Please feel free to comment further or reach out to our team in the pro shop for further clarification. Thank you for playing San Vicente Golf Resort. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 08/26/2019

Hi, thank you for the raving 5-star recommendation! We hope to see you again for another round soon!

Cosy Course

The location of this course is particular.
If you like quiet and neat course, this is it.
The maintenance is pretty much OK.
And its restaurant has a great cusine.
Valuable course it is.

Commented on 07/29/2019

Hi Pablo. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing San Vicente Golf Resort.

Getting warmer

Great public course, lots of wildlife. Fun design. Greens are about a 10 on the stimp. Bunkers are decent not hard but not soft. This time of the year it’s getting hot so pack extra water and sunscreen. Personally enjoy this courses layout. Fairways and tee boxes are in good shape. They do water the greens during the day so beware to feel the greens for moisture before you putt. They slow down. Only knocks on the course are a sad driving range and the ball washers are always dry.

Fun Round

Course was in good condition - greens were a little hard and didn't want to hold, but were true.

Worth the drive

Course is good shape, fairways spotty in places and some greens but overall i enjoyed my round. Biggest dissapointment was the driving range and no beverage cart.

Great Improvement

The fairways are in awesome condition, the greens are a little slow and needing some tlc around the edges/fringes. This golf course has and excellent layout,
You will have a blast!

Commented on 06/20/2019

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. Thanks for pointing out our playing conditions – as you see they are very important to us. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Perfect day for golf!

Course was in great shape, greens were fairly quick, very playable. Great time, staff was very friendly. Great way to spend a nice day!

Commented on 06/06/2019

Hi, Thank you for the five-star review! We are happy that we could exceed your expectations! We pride ourselves on creating an amazing atmosphere and we are excited that you had a chance to experience that. Come back and see us again soon!

Commented on 06/06/2019

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Great course in quiet countryside

San Vicente is a great course. Not too easy and yet not so difficult that you’re glad when you finish. Quiet countryside with wild turkeys running through course. Helpful staff, friendly snack bar, and good lounge/restaurant for after the round.

Commented on 05/30/2019

Hey! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Great Improvement

Lots of good work being done here. The fairways look awesome, some greens still need some work, most greens are ready. The pace was fast, very enjoyable day. A little bit of drive but you will enjoy your game as long as the weather cooperates.

Commented on 06/20/2019