San Vicente Golf Course
Green (W) 72 4551 yards 66.8 116
Green (W) 72 4551 yards 62.8 102
Scorecard for San Vincente
Blue M: 71.8/132 540 168 342 506 420 346 391 207 387 3307 391 519 152 377 366 183 375 539 424 3326 6633
White M: 69.3/116 W: 69.9/129 516 156 320 486 390 329 372 188 375 3132 351 496 130 358 345 166 341 521 388 3096 6228
Red W: 72.8/128 434 137 305 447 313 293 341 141 325 2736 328 469 111 335 303 149 292 457 363 2807 5543

Year Built 1971
Golf Season Year round. Weather permitting
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr.

Golf School Academy Yes - "San Vicente Golf School"
Golf Simulator Yes

Great place in the SD East County

Haven’t played here in a while, the course was in great shape, and the views, oh the views!
I had the wrong date for my booking, but Fred at the pro shop was very accommodating and helped me, very friendly and courteous.

Commented On 05/02/2019

Hello, thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Worth the drive

We loved playing San Vicente. The course is in good shape, not too difficult but with enough challenge for the amateur golfer. Tee boxes are a little shaggy, and the greenside bunkers could use some more sand. The staff are friendly and helpful. Wild Turkeys roam the course - if you're lucky you'll get a good show from the males.

Commented On 04/29/2019

Hello, thank you for the five star review! We are happy that we could exceed your expectations! At San Vicente Inn & Golf Club we pride ourselves on creating an amazing atmosphere and we are excited that you had a chance to experience that. Come back and see us again soon!

worth the drive

The course was in very good shape. This might have been a 5 star rating but some of the greens are patchy in spots.

Commented On 04/29/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave us a review! We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable experience. Please do not be a stranger and come out and see us again very soon!

Awesome day!

Old guy at the counter was his usual grouchy self; actually a real jerk.

Commented On 04/03/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

The course has some great hole layouts

Unfortunately most of the fairways had only patchy grass and the greens were in bad condition as well

Disappointed

I’ve been browsing and playing golf courses in the SD Area for my vacation. In spite of the recent comments regarding the conditions of the course specially the greens I decided to give it a shot.
The course not only is in terrible condition (tell me if you find any grass in the fairway) as the three other people that would be playing with me got there as a foursome. This way I ended up being set to play by myself squeezed between 2 foursomes. Result: 10 minutes waiting for my second shot IN THE FIRST HOLE. And people shooting balls in me.
The only thing not terrible was the treatment given to me when I stopped my round and asked for my money back. The guys from the Pro Shop were polite and never argued.
But not only my experience was terrible but the course is unplayable right now. A shame.

Bautiful course

San Vicente is a fantastic golf course. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The course blends in with the surrounding oak trees and creek bed very well. Lots of beautiful birds around, Including a dozen wild Turkeys that greeted us at the 16th green. The greens definitely need some love and it sounds like they are completely re-doing the greens this Summer. Looking forward to that. Would definitely recommend.

Problematic Greens

Greens have a disease and large patches of green are dirt. impossible to take putting seriously as ball bounces of target due to holes in the green due to disease

Response from San Vicente Resort on 01/15/2019:
Hello, thank you for the taking the time to review our course. We appreciate your feedback on the conditions of the greens. Thank you for playing San Vicente Golf Course and we hope to earn your business again.
Response from San Vicente Resort on 01/07/2019:
Hello u000007921121, thank you for the four-star rating. We are glad you had a great golf experience at San Vicente Golf Course. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!

Greens need attention

Good layout with good place of play. Soccer greens need to be redone as the are bald spots especially on hole #1. I hear they are going to work some magic on the course but we shall see. I will wait till late summer to play this track again.

Commented On 04/11/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Our playing conditions are very important to us and we do strive daily to maintain high standards. Please come back soon and allow us to WOW you on your next visit! Until then, take care!

Course needs work

Price from golf now was good but course fairways & greens pretty shabby

Response from San Vicente Resort on 01/02/2019:
Hello Bob7781510, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We are glad you enjoyed our affordable rates and we appreciate your feedback on the course conditions. Thank you for playing San Vicente Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!
Response from San Vicente Resort on 12/03/2018:
Hello msorchy1, thank you for the four-star rating. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and the pace of play. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!
Response from San Vicente Resort on 11/28/2018:
Hello Robin60, thank you for taking the time to rate our course. We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and we appreciate your rating on the course conditions. Thank you for playing San Vicente Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon.

What a Dump!

I played this course this past November. All 18 greens had cancer. 50% of every green had large bare sports. Some of the greens - well, you could not call them greens as they were brown, basically dirt. I had not played this course for narely 25 years; however, at that time, it was in pristine condition. The only hope for this course is that they tear out every green and build them from scratch. I am writing this review 6 months later as I forgot to write it when I returned home from a short stay in Ramona. I am also planning another short stay in Ramona and again will be looking to play a round of golf.
Perhaps they have completed the rebuild of the greens by now. Otheriwise the 45 dollars they charged me was wasted. In the condition that I played this course, I would not recommend it to a sheep or cattle rancher.

Greens

I’ve played this course many times, and have always been impressed with the course conditions especially the greens.This year has been especially humid and many local courses have had issues with their greens.
I will not let this one bad experience stop me from playing this course again.
The greens will recover, and when they re-build the greens next year this will be one of the best courses to play in the region.

Response from San Vicente Resort on 10/18/2018:
Thank you for your review, and we are working on our putting surfaces. We had a very hot and humid Summer which resulted in turf loss due to fungal activity and other highly challenging conditions. Work by our Golf Course Maintenance team has greens in full recovery mode, and the cooler weather is allowing for conditions to improve.

Course good, greens terrible

Have played San V a handful of times, I have to drive a long way to get there but it's a course I like so it's worth it, until today. Greens were in terrible shape, lots of dirt patches and very bumpy, certainly not a true roll. Played here a few weeks back and they were no where near this bad so I don't know what happened, but until they're fixed it's not a course I'll be back to in a hurry. Tee boxes and fairways were fine so it can't just be lack of water.

Response from San Vicente Resort on 10/16/2018:

They should disclose...

Just like the other reviews the greens pretty much unplayable. Myself and 3 friends played golf at San Vicente Golf Resort yesterday and it was TERRIBLE. We have played there a few times before and the course was always in great shape, tee to green. But yesterday when we played the greens were in TERRIBLE shape, LOTS of bare sections, not spots but sections of the green, they are blaming it on a fungus. We will go back once they get their greens fixed, there are others places to play in San Diego until they get this problem fixed.

Response from San Vicente Resort on 10/11/2018:
Hello SoCalWaldo, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on the conditions of our greens and we escalated it to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to earn your business again.

good course but terrible green condition

I played this golf course first time. The course layout was good but the green condition was terrible. We gave up the putting in almost course.
I am not recommend this course this time.

Response from San Vicente Resort on 10/09/2018:
Hello SSOON, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on the conditions of our greens and we escalated it to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting San Vicente Golf Course and we hope to earn your business again.

Wait for a while!

San Vicente is one of my favorite courses in the county. I was excited to have two friends come along to play it for the first time. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT! The greens are awful. Not truly playable. The GolfNow listing should DEFINITELY forewarn prospective players that the greens are a big problem. Looks like they got a fungus. But the "good parts" of the green are horribly long and bumpy. Wish we'd played elsewhere.

Response from San Vicente Resort on 10/08/2018:
Hello Bruce1622, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on the conditions of our greens, we escalated it to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting San Vicente Golf Course and we hope to earn your business again.

Greens where terrible

The greens where so bad half dirt and half shag carpet and a temp green. No advisory on golf now about conditions pretty disappointing

Response from San Vicente Resort on 10/02/2018:
Hello Grc1, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on the conditions of the greens. We escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting San Vicente Golf Course and we value your feedback.
Lakeside, California
1.5
Ramona, California
Lakeside, California
Poway, California
Escondido, California
Escondido, California

Valid dates: May 24, 2019 - Oct 13, 2019
Save on lodging and Canyons Golf! Give your drive the adventure it deserve this summer at Canyons Golf.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play Escape at Eagle Eye!
Stay and Play
Stay & Play this Summer at Hawk Hollow!
Unlimited Golf Stay and Play at St James Bay Golf Club