San Vicente Golf Course

Year Built 1971
Golf Season Year round. Weather permitting
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr.

Golf School Academy Yes - "San Vicente Golf School"
Golf Simulator Yes

San Vicente

Did not like this course at all! Very slow play and no marshalll.

Commented on 09/16/2019

Hello Jay, thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the slow play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve and will use your comments as guidance. Please feel free to comment further or reach out to our team in the pro shop for further clarification. Thank you for playing San Vicente Golf Resort. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 08/26/2019

Hi, thank you for the raving 5-star recommendation! We hope to see you again for another round soon!

Commented on 07/29/2019

Hi Pablo. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing San Vicente Golf Resort.

Getting warmer

Great public course, lots of wildlife. Fun design. Greens are about a 10 on the stimp. Bunkers are decent not hard but not soft. This time of the year it’s getting hot so pack extra water and sunscreen. Personally enjoy this courses layout. Fairways and tee boxes are in good shape. They do water the greens during the day so beware to feel the greens for moisture before you putt. They slow down. Only knocks on the course are a sad driving range and the ball washers are always dry.

Fun Round

Course was in good condition - greens were a little hard and didn't want to hold, but were true.

Worth the drive

Course is good shape, fairways spotty in places and some greens but overall i enjoyed my round. Biggest dissapointment was the driving range and no beverage cart.

Great Improvement

The fairways are in awesome condition, the greens are a little slow and needing some tlc around the edges/fringes. This golf course has and excellent layout,
You will have a blast!

Commented on 06/20/2019

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. Thanks for pointing out our playing conditions – as you see they are very important to us. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Perfect day for golf!

Course was in great shape, greens were fairly quick, very playable. Great time, staff was very friendly. Great way to spend a nice day!

Commented on 06/06/2019

Hi, Thank you for the five-star review! We are happy that we could exceed your expectations! We pride ourselves on creating an amazing atmosphere and we are excited that you had a chance to experience that. Come back and see us again soon!

Commented on 06/06/2019

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Great course in quiet countryside

San Vicente is a great course. Not too easy and yet not so difficult that you’re glad when you finish. Quiet countryside with wild turkeys running through course. Helpful staff, friendly snack bar, and good lounge/restaurant for after the round.

Commented on 05/30/2019

Hey! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Great Improvement

Lots of good work being done here. The fairways look awesome, some greens still need some work, most greens are ready. The pace was fast, very enjoyable day. A little bit of drive but you will enjoy your game as long as the weather cooperates.

Commented on 06/20/2019

Great place in the SD East County

Haven’t played here in a while, the course was in great shape, and the views, oh the views!
I had the wrong date for my booking, but Fred at the pro shop was very accommodating and helped me, very friendly and courteous.

Commented on 05/02/2019

Hello, thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Worth the drive

We loved playing San Vicente. The course is in good shape, not too difficult but with enough challenge for the amateur golfer. Tee boxes are a little shaggy, and the greenside bunkers could use some more sand. The staff are friendly and helpful. Wild Turkeys roam the course - if you're lucky you'll get a good show from the males.

Commented on 04/29/2019

Hello, thank you for the five star review! We are happy that we could exceed your expectations! At San Vicente Inn & Golf Club we pride ourselves on creating an amazing atmosphere and we are excited that you had a chance to experience that. Come back and see us again soon!

worth the drive

The course was in very good shape. This might have been a 5 star rating but some of the greens are patchy in spots.

Commented on 04/29/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave us a review! We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable experience. Please do not be a stranger and come out and see us again very soon!

Awesome day!

Old guy at the counter was his usual grouchy self; actually a real jerk.

Commented on 04/03/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

The course has some great hole layouts

Unfortunately most of the fairways had only patchy grass and the greens were in bad condition as well

Disappointed

I’ve been browsing and playing golf courses in the SD Area for my vacation. In spite of the recent comments regarding the conditions of the course specially the greens I decided to give it a shot.
The course not only is in terrible condition (tell me if you find any grass in the fairway) as the three other people that would be playing with me got there as a foursome. This way I ended up being set to play by myself squeezed between 2 foursomes. Result: 10 minutes waiting for my second shot IN THE FIRST HOLE. And people shooting balls in me.
The only thing not terrible was the treatment given to me when I stopped my round and asked for my money back. The guys from the Pro Shop were polite and never argued.
But not only my experience was terrible but the course is unplayable right now. A shame.

Bautiful course

San Vicente is a fantastic golf course. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The course blends in with the surrounding oak trees and creek bed very well. Lots of beautiful birds around, Including a dozen wild Turkeys that greeted us at the 16th green. The greens definitely need some love and it sounds like they are completely re-doing the greens this Summer. Looking forward to that. Would definitely recommend.

Problematic Greens

Greens have a disease and large patches of green are dirt. impossible to take putting seriously as ball bounces of target due to holes in the green due to disease

Response from on 01/15/2019:
Hello, thank you for the taking the time to review our course. We appreciate your feedback on the conditions of the greens. Thank you for playing San Vicente Golf Course and we hope to earn your business again.
Response from on 01/07/2019:
Hello u000007921121, thank you for the four-star rating. We are glad you had a great golf experience at San Vicente Golf Course. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!
Lakeside, California
1.5
Ramona, California
Lakeside, California
Poway, California
Escondido, California
Escondido, California

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.