Tijeras Creek
Yellow 72 4105 yards 60.1 100
Scorecard for Tijeras Creek Golf Club
Black M: 73.8/136 525 380 477 435 185 410 225 585 414 3636 374 545 342 534 195 343 172 404 458 3367 7003
Blue M: 71.2/130 507 346 445 402 162 393 200 550 409 3414 342 516 337 519 165 338 167 373 409 3166 6580
White M: 69.5/125 W: 77.1/138 491 326 418 369 151 366 174 524 388 3207 327 493 328 505 142 321 149 354 380 2999 6206
Green M: 67.8/119 W: 74.9/135 466 311 391 341 131 340 157 504 364 3005 306 468 310 480 129 305 130 311 353 2792 5797
Red M: 65.0/112 W: 70.7/129 414 280 336 308 110 312 118 442 330 2650 275 399 281 426 111 275 119 311 283 2480 5130
Yelow M: 60.1/100 343 204 284 230 90 242 65 380 255 2093 217 352 200 362 111 170 119 248 233 2012 4105

Year Built 1990
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1990)

Very satisfied

This course and all it had to offer made for the perfect evening of golf. Pace of play was slow due to the challenging back 9, guys looking for balls and hitting extra shots and such. Other than that, the course is beautiful, challenging on one side, more forgiving in the other . You get the best of both worlds with canyon like scenery to residential greenery. Staff was welcoming and accommodating. I’ll definitely be back.

Great Course!

Nice clubhouse, awesome staff. Practice facilities were nice, course conditions were very good, pace of play was pretty good. Layout is awesome course has a great vibe, highly recommend this golf course!

Save your time AND money!

Wow.. where do I even begin.. I wish I could give it Zero stars, that's for sure. I reluctantly decided to give this place a second chance and boy, was that a mistake! Pace of play, Horrendous! Guys sitting down, yes, sitting down in the middle of the fairway because the group in front of them was so slow. This went on all day. 3 hour front 9 is 100% unacceptable! No marshall(s) to push the pace either. Conditions, abysmal! Tee boxes were so shaggy they were nearly rough, greens were so beat up from people not fixing marks and so shaggy they were nearly unplayable. This place should be ashamed. Especially at $150/ round. Save yourself the time and money and go elsewhere, you'll thank me.

Scenery is great. Fairways and greens are very well kept. Staff were friendly and inviting.

My new favorite course

I mostly play the cheapest public courses I can find. Occasionally I splurge for a little better course and am sometimes disappointed by the higher priced courses. Tijares Creek was fantastic. The staff was friendly and treated everyone with respect. It was a busy day and they were trying to get everyone out on time . they managed to do it without pushing anyone.
Really two courses, front nine meanders thru homes with lush fairways , water and sand traps. Deep rough but not really all that tight. Elevations go up and down over rolling hills . Greens in perfect conditions. Back nine goes thru canyons and with just a bit tighter fairways and are still in great shape. I would play here everyday if I could

Communication

I had a knee replacement a couple months ago. I had never played this course, but got a good price on golf now. It took 45 minutes to get there, and could’ve played multiple courses within 15 minutes. When I got there they said it was cart paths only... would’ve been nice to have that information before wasting my money and knee

Pace of Play

Pace of play should never be above a 1 Star. The course is great and the staff is great, but the pace of play is horrendous. I used to play it frequently, but couldn’t deal with 5.5-6 hour rounds anymore. Marshals do nothing to move groups along.

Pace of Play

Nice course with great staff- but very confused how anyone rates the place of play anything above 1 star. I played the course quite often but had to stop because the pace of play is horrendous. 5.5 hour minimum to play the course. Again course and staff are great but pace is a major major downfall.

Agonizingly slow

I had read the reviews that said the course was nice but was really slow. I was hoping that it being a Monday that it wouldn’t be as terrible. Unfortunately it was just as everyone else had said. The course itself was in fine shape and enjoyable layout but when your round takes 5 and a half hours it’s just not that fun. I was in a threesome with another 3some in front of us and a twosome in front of them and by the third hole all three groups would be stacked up on every tee box. Marshals do nothing to speed anybody up. Nice course but I would not pay to experience that again

Over priced

The course condition is reasonable but not much better than courses about half the greens fee in the area. At $130 per player, there is no GPS on the cart. The signs on each hole or the tee markers don’t even show yardage.

Pace of play is reasonable - we only had to wait for a few minutes on a couple of holes.

I would recommend this course to friends if the green fee is under $90.

Course overpriced for condition

Tee time booked through Golf Now. When we arrived at the course, we were told the course was aerified. We were given $10 credit since we were unaware. When we asked for a bucket of balls to warm up we were told the driving range was closed through mid-November! Really? Aerified course, sandy greens, overwatered fairways, no driving range -- all for $89??? These conditions should be posted on Golf Now so golfer can decide weather to book or not. Drove up from San Diego just to play this course. Bad experience. Maybe better when course recovers but then fees will be higher. This course is not worth $89 even under better conditions.

California Advisor

First I was a thief, now I'm a liar

Not the first time I've had problems with the staff here. Not sure why they're so mistrusting of their clientele. Last time I played here, Marshall came up and asked if any of us left behind a wedge. The last hole, I had walked over to the green with a couple clubs and when he asked, thought I had left my Cleveland behind. I asked him what the wedge was and the Marshall said "ha ha, good try" and drove away. Gee, wasn't trying to rip off anyone. Last Saturday, showed up and realized they had just done maintenance on the course. Problem is, I had called back last month and guy I spoke with at Tijeras said they had done maintenance in early September. My buddy called last week and was told they had done maintenance in September. Person behind the counter, Tim I believe his name was, said he didn't believe us. My buddy and I looked at text messages between us and and dates that they had done maintenance based on phone calls. So I guess now I'm a liar? And the person that checked me in never acknowledged me or thanked me or said enjoy your round. The rest of the "younger" staff were friendly. But for the exorbitant amount of money they charge you to play here, you would think certain staff here would be friendlier and more diplomatic. Lets hope there's a management change here in the near future to clean up staff.

Stunning Mountain View with deers greeting on greens

It is one of best Mountain View golf courses we have been. What I like the most are the course layout and deers are very peaceful and friendly.

Golf shop guys were not very pleasant. No appreciation for the customer. Same goes for waitress we had. If they has been even modestly courteous experience would have been very good. Otherwise average.

Fun course with a lot of variety

Enjoy this course for its variety and interesting layout.

Tijeras cares the most

Play golf all over Southern California and I challenge you to find a course that actually cares about the conditions and experience. I am not even a member and this place is just a solid experience every time. The driving range is average, clubhouse is average, but the Tijeras employees act and make this feel like a nice private midwest club.

The carts are newer and ride the best out of any in the OC but no GPS. The course itself is in pretty good shape for this time of year. The greens are probably the fastest out of the publics in OC right now. They are redoing all of the bunkers with this beautiful white sand and its been a great cosmetic change.

The one issue is the pace of play is typically average to slow. They typically have a ranger out patrolling but he isn't doing much pushing. Gaps are the norm here.

Overall, great golf experience, really a tale of two nines which provides a nice variety of holes. Keep doing your thing Tijeras. Under 40 bucks. Sold

3.4362058824
Dove Canyon, California
Lake Forest, California
Aliso Viejo, California

Valid dates: Jun 18, 2019 - Aug 31, 2019
Fling and Swing! Golf Package for 2, includes 1 round of golf for 2 daily, a resort fee applies, 50 USD resort credit per night.
Sewailo Golf Club Stay & Play Hotel Package