Tijeras Creek

Year Built 1990
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1990)

MidWeek after noon prices a little high

60 bucks for Wednesday afternoon, a little high but that area I guess demands it. Got put out behind a shotgun tournament as a twosome so SLOW play, but course was in great shape! Staff was nice...

California Advisor

Always a reason not to go back

I do like the layout and ambience of the course and think it's a fun and somewhat challenging track. But, they always seem to give you a reason not to return. On this day, they had a morning tournament, so the pace of play, especially on the front, was horrible. Groups were stacked up 2 and 3 deep on all the front 9 tee boxes. The Marshall promised it would open up on the back, but didn't get much better. The course was not in the best of condition. Tee boxes need work, fairways were getting dry and burned out in many spots. The greens were in fairly good shape. Not sure if they're letting it go since they're doing maintenance in at the end of the month. I paid $71, which is a decent price, and why we decided to play here. They usually get a lot more. How they do is beyond me. If you can get a deeply discounted rate, I'd say play here. Otherwise, I think they are a lot better courses to choose from.

Course conditions

I’ve been playing this course for many years now and the condition of the fairways and greens were terrible!!’

The course needs work...

Second time playing here in the last 2 yrs. I booked on Golfnow so paid a nicely reduced rate. But still, for the amount of money I would not expect to find dirt patches in the middle of the fairways. Seriously, in the middle of the fairways. What’s up with that? Greens were in good shape with a few showing strains of other grasses growing in. At the rack rate I would pass and make the drive to the IE. Pace of play, allbeit a mid-morning tee time, was slow, 4:45, even with a 10 min spacing.

Love this place

Pace was super slow today, over 5 hours and we started at 1, second time playing this course and still love it, challenging, rolling hills, great course

Real nice layout !!! 5 hour round. I thought it would play faster but we had a blast

Very satisfied

This course and all it had to offer made for the perfect evening of golf. Pace of play was slow due to the challenging back 9, guys looking for balls and hitting extra shots and such. Other than that, the course is beautiful, challenging on one side, more forgiving in the other . You get the best of both worlds with canyon like scenery to residential greenery. Staff was welcoming and accommodating. I’ll definitely be back.

Great Course!

Nice clubhouse, awesome staff. Practice facilities were nice, course conditions were very good, pace of play was pretty good. Layout is awesome course has a great vibe, highly recommend this golf course!

Save your time AND money!

Wow.. where do I even begin.. I wish I could give it Zero stars, that's for sure. I reluctantly decided to give this place a second chance and boy, was that a mistake! Pace of play, Horrendous! Guys sitting down, yes, sitting down in the middle of the fairway because the group in front of them was so slow. This went on all day. 3 hour front 9 is 100% unacceptable! No marshall(s) to push the pace either. Conditions, abysmal! Tee boxes were so shaggy they were nearly rough, greens were so beat up from people not fixing marks and so shaggy they were nearly unplayable. This place should be ashamed. Especially at $150/ round. Save yourself the time and money and go elsewhere, you'll thank me.

Scenery is great. Fairways and greens are very well kept. Staff were friendly and inviting.

My new favorite course

I mostly play the cheapest public courses I can find. Occasionally I splurge for a little better course and am sometimes disappointed by the higher priced courses. Tijares Creek was fantastic. The staff was friendly and treated everyone with respect. It was a busy day and they were trying to get everyone out on time . they managed to do it without pushing anyone.
Really two courses, front nine meanders thru homes with lush fairways , water and sand traps. Deep rough but not really all that tight. Elevations go up and down over rolling hills . Greens in perfect conditions. Back nine goes thru canyons and with just a bit tighter fairways and are still in great shape. I would play here everyday if I could

Communication

I had a knee replacement a couple months ago. I had never played this course, but got a good price on golf now. It took 45 minutes to get there, and could’ve played multiple courses within 15 minutes. When I got there they said it was cart paths only... would’ve been nice to have that information before wasting my money and knee

Pace of Play

Pace of play should never be above a 1 Star. The course is great and the staff is great, but the pace of play is horrendous. I used to play it frequently, but couldn’t deal with 5.5-6 hour rounds anymore. Marshals do nothing to move groups along.

Pace of Play

Nice course with great staff- but very confused how anyone rates the place of play anything above 1 star. I played the course quite often but had to stop because the pace of play is horrendous. 5.5 hour minimum to play the course. Again course and staff are great but pace is a major major downfall.

Dove Canyon, California
Lake Forest, California
Aliso Viejo, California

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.