Presidio Golf Course

Green (W) 72 5746 yards 74.9 131
Combo 72 5201 yards 66.9 127
Combo (W) 72 5201 yards 72.4 125
Scorecard for Presidio
Black M: 72.6/135 372 472 385 130 307 388 219 378 524 3175 501 419 453 180 344 171 382 350 506 3306 6481
White M: 71.1/132 W: 76.8/135 349 435 365 118 298 361 184 356 493 2959 486 387 442 169 326 147 364 343 480 3144 6103
Green M: 69.5/129 W: 74.9/131 339 411 348 108 289 347 175 348 440 2805 469 373 368 156 304 133 338 335 465 2941 5746
Combo M: 66.0/127 W: 72.4/125 319 350 300 86 289 347 145 348 371 2555 391 298 282 156 304 129 338 335 413 2646 5201
Red M: 65.5/124 W: 69.8/122 319 350 300 86 256 295 145 269 371 2391 391 298 282 120 295 129 276 281 413 2485 4876

Year Built 1895
Fairways Rye Grass
Greens Rye Grass

Foggy not soggy

Great course for scenery, layout, environment and uniqueness. One exception. We played the front 9 in 2 hours. Took a latrine break and we’re back on 10 minutes later. Course Marshall told us we were slow. Had a girl on cart follow us on number 10 telling us at least once to play faster even telling us we would get penalized by having us skip a hole. We played our normal pace to finish number 10. As soon as we walked to number 11 she thanked us for catching up. I don’t know what that was about but they need to not do that for a round that is pacing at 9 holes in two hours.

Loved it

This is the first course I've ever played in San Francisco and I was very impressed. The views were really nice and conditions great. I found it to be a difficult course, but I haven't played a hilly course like that in a while, if ever, which made it challenging to see where the ball would run. I particularly enjoyed the well designed par 3's. A little pricey, but well worth the cost.

Play it if you get a chance

I got to play on a weekday mid-morning, the tee sheet was fairly open. The staff were very friendly. Played with two locals, one in particular was quite friendly and offered tips about playing the course. The course was in perfect condition, although the fairways were a little soft from a rainy winter. The greens were smooth and rolled true. The layout meanders up and down the rolling hills of the property so a majority of your lies will not be flat. They have a warm up area for putting as well as a range.

Mississippi Advisor

Not Pristine, But Somehow It Works

The Presideo is a little rough around the edges. The fairways and greens have splotches of invasive grass, and some fairways have some worn spots along the edges. Usually, the bugs me when at a course where the greens fee is north of $100. But somehow, it works. It fits the character of the course, which is lined by wild old trees, tall thick grasses, and is full of the sort of ragged bunkers you'd normally find on a Coore and Crenshaw track. The course makes the most of its remarkable elevation changes; driver is almost always the play off the tee (No. 1 is a noteable exception), but the topography usually neutralizes the long hitter's advantage (see No. 17, for example). There are also plenty of blind approach shots. A very fun, thoughtful course.

Fun, Gorgeous Course

We played after about a week of rain, and only a day of sun and got caught in a brief downpour - so, I'm not going to complain about the course being soggy, which it was, but instead praise it for being as playable as it was, with surprisingly few ponds anywhere on the course. The course is a challenge for a new player like me, but I'm sure gets easier with experience and skill. Greens were slow due to the weather but well maintained, and there's no evidence of the drought that dried out this and other courses over the last few years. We also met a (probably overly) friendly coyote during our round, which was a treat. Highly recommend if you're in the City and are looking for a good round. Clubhouse food is rather good as well.

Not Bad

If your looking for a casual round of golf with your friends, this is a good course. On the other hand, it is definitely not a championship course due to the slow pace of play and the inconsistent conditions.

great course, great layout, awful greens.

love this course. the layout is pretty awesome with great views of the city.

fairways- Lush, soft, fairly thin.

rough- thick and long

bunkers- perfect

greens- horrible

Texas Advisor

San Francisco's best golf course!

The Presidio's elevation changes from tee to green make shot accuracy paramount. Playing from the rough leaves you hitting your ball from deep grass and adding strokes. Aesthetically beautiful, the course is lined with majestic trees on each fairway. Greens are large and tilted and the fairways are wide. I love this course. Great pro shop staff and excellent 19th hole.

This course is like Olympic and Harding

This course is in pretty good condition. If you don't like bad weather this is not a good course for you. Pace of play is pretty slow but there aren't any holes that create a huge back-up. The greens are pretty slow.

Great greens

The greens have a lot of slopes and the course has a lot of obstacles. For an average player this is a good course. Overall the staff is very friendly. The course is in great shape right now. It has very good fairways. There are quite a few bunkers and they're placed very well.

Poor weather

One of my favorite courses

Expensive BUT worth it. It was 50 degrees, windy with some of the worst fog I have ever seen and it didn't matter. I enjoyed every second of the 18 holes I played and I will definitely play it again in the near future. Beautiful course, well maintained only thing I did not like was the electronic golf carts. They only let you drive to certain spots on the course and then should shut down and make you reverse in some areas. Happened on the fairway twice and I thought I was going to be stuck. BUT, having the GPS marker on the cart was great for being able to pick the correct club every shot.

A little like Olympic, just not as hard

It may be only 6,500 yards or so, but there's a lot of Olympic Club in the Presidio Golf Course. When the course is good condition, as it was when I played it (greens were a little slow, though), the holes look great and there are plenty of hills. Those hills mean adding or subtracting up to two or three shots on approaches. Factor in a little wind and some difficult rough, and you've got a pretty good test. Also, play this course from the back tees, and it's all the golf most people can handle. I really love the finishing stretch, including the par-5 18th with its fairway running along an impressive grove of mature trees.

Great course in San Francisco

If you don't like tight tree lined courses you might want to avoid the Presidio. However, you will be missing a great golf course. The course isn't overly long but, if you stray from the fairway, the tree lined fairways can take your 250 yard drive that strays a bit and turn it into a 150 yard drive and leave you with a shot that you have to work around those same trees that snatched your golf ball from the sky. Side hill lies abound. You have to work the ball both ways to score well. If you miss playing this course you may be missing one of San Francisco's great golf courses and it has a ton of them.

4.1964285714