A view of hole #4 at The Country Club at Soboba Springs

Type Public/Resort
Style Parkland
Soboba Springs Golf Course

Year Built 1966

Dress code Golf shorts or slacks and collared golf shirts. No jeans or denim of any color or cut.

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Lounge, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

Available Activities

Swimming, Billiards

Available Sports

Fitness, Tennis

Over Priced at the Moment

The course did not discount the price as they have every fairway cut down for re-seeding preparation. They should have charged 50% in my opinion. Very disappointing to show up to the course and get charged full price. In addition I asked for two fees to be compensated as golfers decided not to play and nothing was done.

Commented on 09/30/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, JP. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting The Country Club at Soboba Springs, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Nice but not a $59 course.

Course is very flat and uses many bunkers to add difficulty. Found too many spots on fairway where I was a pw away and hitting off hard pan. Hard to get loft with no grass below ball. Overall it's a decent course but having played all the courses around, its not wirth $59 weekday rate. $40-$45 would make it a worthwhile course. Keep in mind it's also probably a little bit if a car drive for golfers to get there too.

Beet the heat

Great course on a hot day! Plenty of shade and a nice breeze. In very good condition

Great Couse

Great course, lots of water, long distance, very fun yet challenge course, steak house next to the course, love this combination !

Well taken care of

Very challenging and we'll kept course hidden gem , and you can gamble afterwards at the casino next door very fun place to golf.

California Advisor

Nice Comeback

I remember coming here for the Soboba Golf Classic years ago and seeing how well-maintained the track was. Several years later I played the track and saw that conditions deteriorate and not played since. However, had played at other courses with people that had recently played Soboba and were telling me about the renovations that had taken place and to give it another try. Glad I did! Course conditions are back close to where they were for the old Soboba Classic. Greens were in excellent shape and very receptive, although a little slower than I like. I like what they did with the 13th hole. Gives it a lot more character. The fairways overall were in good shape, although there were a few bare spots here and there. The only knock, if there was one, where a few tee boxes were not in the best of shape. But overall, a strong play, a good value with the deal time I bought for $49, and will be returning in the future.

Awesome Redesign!!

Haven't been to this course since the new design changes. I absolutely loved what they did with the few holes on the back nine. The course was in good shape. The greens were true, the bunkers had plenty of sand, the fairways were rewarding, the tee boxes were flat, and the rough wasn't punishing at all. Overall, you can't get in too much trouble off the tee unless you hit it in the water. It's pretty hot this time of year , but the beverage cart was out and a constant. I will certainly play here again...thank you Saboba!!

Slow to Start......Fast Finish

We had a noon tee time and teed off shortly after that. Unfortunately we had 2 foursomes in front of us (unrelated we believe) that decided they each wanted to play their own Best Ball/Scramble tournament. Needless to say, we were backed up and backed up. Waited forever on the first five holes. Called the golf shop and asked if that was allowed and they said NO. They told us to jump ahead from hole 5 to hole 7 which we did. After that we played wait free from #7 - #9 and then went back and played #5 & #6 and still beat the first 4-some to the 10th tee. It was a good round but it didn't look like they went back to enforce the NO scramble/best ball format play. Course was in good to almost great shape. Lots on wind always blowing in your face or side to side. Never behind you. Definitely one of my favorite courses in the area.....just a negative experience with the pace of play today.

One beauty in Southern Cal

Course is long, fairway lies tight, ruff fair still hard to see ball, but fair to play out of. Hazards galore, like someone put a forest in the desert, water everywhere sands wasn’t I guess water cooled course by 2 degrees. Some holes looked like moon scape. Loved it

Glad it's still a great course

Hadn't been to Soboba for at least a year, since before they finished the remodel. Was worried because last time we golfed here 3 of the holes had an alternate green because of renovations going on. Heard it was finished and wanted to go but then COVID-19 shut the courses down. Well I'm here to tell you , IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT! Greens were immaculate. Don't remember seeing any cancer grass on the fairways, even the rough was delightful.....played more than my fair share from the rough that day! Overall, great course and the staff as usual, was very professional and courteous and on top of the disinfection game. Thanks Soboba for nailing it!

Best course in the SJ Valley buy not worth $90

I have played this course a number times throughout the years and always enjoy its challenges. The course is generally in good shape and plays straightforward. My last experience there was less than perfect because of my experience with the staff, specifically F. Luchowski. My group was one of the last groups on a Saturday afternoon; we played just ahead of Luchowski’s. We played a little slower than our normal pace so we let one group play through. During our round we were yelled at from a distance by what we thought was just another golfer. We ignored the person because we were all having a good time trying to relax and get away from the stresses of Covid. We were later accosted by Luchowski who let our group know that had violated a course rule for driving too close to the greens. We acknowledged our mistake and apologized. At this point Luchowski let us know that he is the Golf pro at the course with very threatening tone. We went about our round withiut any other issues, but did observe Luchowski’s group golfing, I would estimate 6 or more people in his group playing. Usually A group of that size is not allowed on a course but they were the last group on the course. What really irked me was that a member of his group had urinated on the course when the restroom was a only a few hundred yards away, a very short drive with a cart. I just felt like maybe there was a double standard for course etiquette here. I love the feel of this course and it’s conditions but I likely won’t be back for a while because of this experience.

Soboba remains on top!

Always a treat. Player friendly course with beautiful landscapes to surround you.

Nice Course

I really liked playing here but 60 seems a little steep but other than that it was fun and everyone was friendly! We will be back!

Gilman Hot Springs, California
Banning, California
Banning, California
Beaumont, California
Public/Resort
Cherry Valley, California

Valid dates: Sep 21, 2020 - Sep 26, 2020
The 2020 Ryder cup is coming to Whistling Straits in southeastern Wisconsin. Make your 2020 Ryder Cup tee times and accommodations today!