Cinnabar Hills Golf Club

Year Built 1998
Architect John Harbottle III (1998)

Course is in great shape!

Played in 3 hours today. Great condition and fast pace.

Simply Superb

Had the pleasure of playing this gem and what a course! We played the Canyon/Lake course and it was superb. The Canyon is by far the best 9 holes in the Southbay area. Great layouts and magnificent views! Just found my favorite course to play.

had a fine time

Really would recommend this course to play. Great conditions. Staff even worked with us when it was apparent we would need to change the tee time slightly due to traffic in the Bay Area.

Only negative was that it seemed that several more of the holes than is usual did not allow cart entrance, resulting in fairly long walks to the ball and difficulty judging distance, and slowing pace. It was the one negative thing against many positives of this course.

W!onderful Course, Hellpful Staff, I Need Practice

Booked for a visit from my son. They had us on the Mountain and Canyon 9s. We asked if we could play the Lake 9 because we'd played the other two at prior visit. Very accommodating and they agreed. Course was in excellent condition and greens were very nice. Will go again, hopefully soon!

Good Views, slowish play

This was my first time playing and I played the Lake and Canyon 9's. I thought the course had a fair amount of challenge and fairness. not overly long or overly tight, does require decent carry off the tee on many holes. Play was slow on the first 9 then I was able to pass the group at the turn and it got much better.

Terrible Customer Service

Well we had such a poor experience here and luckily we were able to cancel our tee time through golf now a couple hours before. This was our final round of golf we had scheduled before heading back to LA and we got to the course earlier then expected. We checked into the pro shop and my wife then went back in to see if we could tee off any earlier. The guy in the shop said no and that they were pretty much fully booked the next couple hours. She even offered to pay the difference but they still said no since the tee time was prepaid.

So we say that's fine and I go to warm up, which is near the number one tee. I was there for about thirty - forty minutes and realized only about two groups teed off during that time. So I went on golf now to see if there were any times available and there were plenty of tee times before our tee time!! Out of frustration and not wanting to spend my money there due to poor customer service, we were luckily able to cancel our reservation with golf now and headed back to LA.

There's too many nicer golf courses to put up with this kind of service. I certainly will never come back.

People with pull at this course can treat other golfers badly with no repercussions

I was here golfing with my 10 year old son. There was a foursome who were loud and intoxicated and we could hear them from several holes away. Before we played 6 on Canyon, they sped past us and went down the cart path. I assumed that they were going in and we’re not going to play their round. My son and I played the long par 5. From the second shot on we could hear them on the tee box to number 7 hitting multiple drives and being extremely loud. When I got up to 7 I said to the group, it is ok to have fun on the course, but you cannot, as a foursome, hop in front of us and expect it to be ok, especially after being on that tee box for at least 15 min. The father in the group became belligerent, was very intoxicated, and started talking about how he was a big deal here and threatened me with physical violence as he screamed at me and my son. He would not leave it alone and the only reason the altercation ended without him hitting me was because one of the boys held him around the waist and drove off. I alerted the staff by phone of what happened. They came out and assured me that they would make sure the person was not permitted to stay on the property. I thought that was the proper course of action given that he had threatened violence and made my 10 year old kid cry because the scene he caused was so ugly. When we got done with the round, I asked if they had found the person and talked to him. I was informed that he was a big deal there, that he was in the restaurant drinking away and keeping his good time going. I was shocked. Could not believe that the course management would stand for this kind of behavior and that apparently he can do anything he wants there. The employee stated there was nothing he could do because this person “had power there” and was a bigwig. I asked the employee, I was dealing with to let him know that I do not care how much pull he has, I thought it was really crappy that he made my 10 year old kid cry on a golf course.

I have played here many times, never had any type of negative interactions with any golfers or staff. I was extremely disappointed that this happened and that the golf staff would permit this kind of behavior.

Golf at sunrise

The pace of play was spectacular, as it was sunrise on a beautiful August morning. The courses were very hard, not for the beginner, but in very good shape. I enjoyed the round, played in 2.5 hours and would do this again. Thanks for the great value at a great venue!

Amazing Find

Was in the area visiting and looking for a place to play. By chance we picked this course and what a great find. I have played some of more well known courses in the bay area and this one more than holds it's own. In fact dollar for dollar this course beats the competition. Every aspect of the operation is 5 star. I found my new favorite course in the bay area/silicon valley

An excellent visually challenging course

Cinnabar Hills is a beautiful well-maintained course. Visually, it is quite challenging because all of the tee shots are downhill, and the placement of your shots need to be in the fairway. This course has an excellent practice area, and a beautiful environment for golfing and other entertainment. This is one of the best courses in the San Jose, California area, and the course layout will always inspire great golfing concentration.

Great layout

Has a day free before flying home. I was looking for a place near San Jose for a couple of us to play. Read good reviews about this place. I chose wisely. Reasonable rates in a beautiful setting. You wouldn’t know you were 20 minutes from downtown.Great layout. Nice mix of holes and the place was in great shape. I’ll definitely come out again next next time I’m in the area.

Great and challenging course.

Excellent and friendly staff. This is a difficult golf course with great views, undulating fairways, and elevated tee boxes.

Cinnabar Hills

Course was in great condition. Greens rolled quick and smooth, the rough was to be avoided.. Great variety of holes. Highly recommend Cinnabar

Course conditions best i have seen for 10 years.

Outstanding and difficult course, but you have to expect that when playing this wonderful Golf Course. Had to wait for a few minutes as we caught up to a tournament at the 6th hole that was ahead of us on the Lake course, after that it was smooth sailing.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020