Carlton Oaks Golf Club
Regular (W) 72 6140 yards 76.3 143
Yellow 72 5684 yards 67.9 125
Yellow (W) 72 5684 yards 73.8 138
Scorecard for Carlton Oaks Country Club
Black M: 75.1/142 445 181 558 510 312 435 211 403 543 3598 483 409 199 611 472 577 368 148 439 3706 7304
Blue M: 72.8/135 W: 79.4/152 394 163 518 438 303 391 198 376 528 3309 433 355 169 574 427 546 347 140 400 3391 6700
Green M: 71.1/131 394 163 502 394 303 362 139 342 505 3104 387 355 169 527 381 546 347 140 364 3216 6320
White M: 70.1/128 W: 76.1/145 382 146 502 394 272 362 139 342 505 3044 387 338 130 527 381 492 311 127 364 3057 6101
Yellow M: 68.1/122 W: 73.9/136 359 136 433 343 250 341 114 326 482 2784 357 312 105 514 371 472 299 118 352 2900 5684
Red M: 65.0/113 W: 70.2/130 343 106 413 322 240 257 98 279 423 2481 300 301 85 434 338 443 274 89 294 2558 5039

Year Built 1958
Architect William W. Mast (1958) Perry Dye (1989)

enjoyable course w/plenty of challenge

Pre-booked our round on line. Walked right up to the 1st tee box; no waiting. Light rain on and off, but cleared up. Course is in decent condition. Greens were in good condition; a lot of undulations Enjoyable round.

Commented On 05/21/2019

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Carlton Oaks Golf Club.

Recovering

The course has recovered from the rain and is in good shape. There are still some bare spots, but just move your ball until they recover. One of the best layouts in San Diego County. Friendly staff.

Commented On 05/17/2019

Hi, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating Carlton Oaks Golf Club. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. Thanks for your patience with the recovering conditions and we look forward to having you back!

Inconsistent Greens

There are times that the greens are roll great, but they’ve been very inconsistent with their green speeds. Sometimes they are rolling at a very nice speed, but on days like today, they were agonizingly slow. So slow that I would consider not playing here over another course because I don’t trust that the greens will be a decent speed. If it were more consistent, I would play here more frequently.

Commented On 05/09/2019

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and are sorry to hear the conditions of the greens weren’t completely up to expectations. We aerified our greens 3 weeks ago, and with that process we slowly lower the mower to cut them shorter. This process is necessary to keep the greens in prime condition for the rest of the season, but understand it can be frustrating when they aren’t up to par. We lower our greens fees each time we aerify and throughout the recovery process. If you’d like to discuss your experience further, please reach out to our head pro Cory at cory@carltonoaks.com. We hope you reconsider returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing Carlton Oaks Golf Club.

Potential potential potential

One of the best layouts, somewhat slinks on the front and classic on the back.
Very challenging but fair.
With some simple fixes, like ball washers, fix railroad ties,yardage markers, upgrade bathrooms,
I know money is always a issue but keeping the fairways green and healthy this course good be in the top five in San Diego .

Commented On 05/17/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give Carlton Oaks Golf Club another try in the near future.

Commented On 05/07/2019

Thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round and hope to see you again soon.

Good Course

The greens have just been punched so the putting was a challenge. The course has some leftover damage from the rains, but this is really a great layout and fun to play. There is a reason this was Phil's home course. A great place to get a lesson and improve your game.

Commented On 04/25/2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and your patience while the greens heal from aeration. We hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing Carlton Oaks Golf Club.

Challenging as the rough is thick. Greens were in great condition. A challenging layout. Would play this course anytime.

Commented On 04/15/2019

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again soon! Thanks for playing Carlton Oaks GC.

Challenging course

Everything was great, my only complaint was the price of a beer. $9.00? Come on guys!

Commented On 04/15/2019

Hello, thanks for the feedback! We appreciate your review and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Carlton Oaks GC.

Commented On 04/04/2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear your round with us was anything short of 5-stars. We hope this doesn't deter you for returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing Carlton Oaks GC!

Nice course, needs work though...

Details really, some of the ball washers didn't have handles or towels, some of the tee boxes were just dirt (not dead grass - just dirt); we saw five-somes playing (?) fortunately, they were behind us. This is a nice course, management is complacent though, and needs to attend to the details. Nice clubhouse though and outdoor patio/seating area.

Commented On 03/27/2019

Hello, thanks for the taking the time to leave us constructive feedback. We have forwarded your comments over to our management team for improvements in the future. We hope you consider returning for another round! Thanks for playing Carlton Oaks Golf Club.

Commented On 03/22/2019

Thanks for the great review! Book another round with us soon.

Longest Day of golf ever!!

5 hours and 45 minutes to play 18 holes! 3 hours to play front nine. Back 9 was “faster” because two groups in front of us quit in frustration with the SLOW pace of play after 9 holes. No course “Marshall or attendant” was monitoring the pace of play in the time it took my foursome to finish 18 holes. Recent rains have greened up the grass. Greens did not hold approach shots. I will not be returning.

Commented On 03/22/2019

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next round. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Carlton Oaks Lodge & Country Club, we hope to see you again soon.

SHAME ON YOU - Unprofessional. Unethical. Uncool.

I have NEVER been treated like this at ANY business - golf or non-golf related. Completely unprofessional. I phoned and asked what the 9 hole walking rate would be, I was put on hold while they said "they would ask the pro", they came back on the line and said it would be $27. I said "Great, I'll be there in 10 min." I arrive, go in to pay and explain I had just spoken to someone who told me the PRO said it would be $27 to walk 9. His response, "WE DON'T HAVE A 9 HOLE WALKING RATE!" completely unprofessional and aggressively. Another customer next to me looked at me then looked at the little man behind the counter, not believing his tone with me. I repeated again that the person on the phone told me they confirmed with the pro shop would ask that I pay $27 to walk 9 and it was just 10 minutes ago. "WELL WHO DID YOU TALK TO? WHAT WAS THEIR NAME? CAN YOU PROVE THAT YOU SPOKE TO SOMEONE?" I just laughed and said "Uh, sorry, i don't know all the employee's names, but this is how it played out on the phone... (explaining my conversation)." He said "let me go and ask the pro" (who was sitting in his little office 3 feet away.) He came back in 10 seconds and said it will be $79 to walk 9 holes." I couldn't believe it.
Me: "So you're not going to honor what your course just told me 10 minutes previous?"
Him: "No, we're not."
Me: "So, Im not going to pay $79 to walk 9 holes. I can understand if you can't honor $27, but is there another option?"
Him: "Well, that's the rate to walk 9 holes."
Me: "I'm going to have to go elsewhere if that's your position and attitude."
Him "Go ahead."

What a little unprofessional clown.

I leave, go play at one of the other 200 courses in San Diego, for a much more reasonable 9-hole walking rate and call the course back and spoke to the same person and explain that while I am not at them, this is what they originally quoted me. They apologized, realizing that they were in the wrong, and asked for my number so the pro could call me back to resolve the issue.

NO CALL BACK. Completely unprofessional and unethical golf course.

I will NEVER go back here and will always tell others the same.

I carry a +4 handicap, have played hundreds of courses and have NEVER been treated like that in ANY business. There are SO MANY courses to play locally in San Diego, so why would I ever go back there.

Shame on you Carlton Oaks. Get your act together.

I don't care if you don't have a 9-hole walking rate. If your employees say you do and then say you don't and then act immaturely and rude towards a customer, you're being unprofessional and unethical.

Apologies for any typos - this was written quickly. I don't know the exact date I played even though this form asks you to add one.

good day

we enjoyed our day at Carlton Oaks. good pace of play, employees were working to get course back in shape after the local heavy rains. good day at a good price.

Commented On 03/18/2019

Thanks for the great review! We hope to see you again for another round soon.

Gotta love it

Late in the Daylight Savings afternoon, shadows creeping across flat fairways, revealing their true undulating nature - doesn’t matter what you shoot, does it? Beautiful golf course recovering from a savage SoCal winter... enjoy

Commented On 03/18/2019

Thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again soon. Thanks for playing Carlton Oaks GC.

Golf in Santee

Carlton Oaks is always a great experience with a lot of work being done to course. The rains have done a number on many of the fairways but all were playable. Great value thru Hot Deals to secure our tee time.

Commented On 03/15/2019

Thanks for the great review! We appreciate the feedback about your round and hope to see you for another round soon. Thanks for playing Carlton Oaks GC!

Sunday Round

The course is good for the right price. There was a lot of ground under repair throughout. The bunkers were hardly sand. Pace of play was good. The course layout is fun and interesting. Some rather challenging holes to be found. Overall if you can get a good deal on the price its worth it.

Commented On 03/15/2019

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear your round with us was anything short of 5-stars. Our staff is still working on the course conditions after the recent flooding. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing Carlton Oaks!

not operated that well

The course had a collegiate tournament that was a shotgun start and they still booked tee times that were going to go off late. The starter did his best but no one in the golf shop seemed to know what was going on. Many irritated local and visiting players were left standing around with no information. Finally the starter left and individuals pretty much paired themselves up and teed off at least 30 minutes or more late. A golf management company could help this property.

Commented On 03/11/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're apologize about the confusion with the collegiate tournament during your round. These are not the expectations we strive for and have forwarded your comments over to our management staff. We hope you consider giving us another shot in the future. Thanks for playing.

Course in bad shape

I won't go back. After all the rain we've had, this course should be plush. Nope. Course is in horrible shape. Especially the teas and many of the greens are very blotchy many spots of dead grass. Unbelievable!
I've played this course many times and it used to be in great shape. It's too badly let such a nice course go.

Commented On 03/07/2019

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear your round with was anything short of 5-stars. With all the rain we've had recently, we've experienced some flooding on the course that we are working hard to recover from. We appreciate you giving us a shot and once again are sorry the course wasn't up to expectations.

Rain stop ruining the courses

This is a really great course but the rain has beat it up. Play winter rules and have a great time. I have been playing here for over 40 years and still love it. There is mud and bad fairways but just get over it and move your ball.

Commented On 03/01/2019

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate the feedback about your round and your patience while our staff works on the course after the recent heavy rains. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round and hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing Carlton Oaks GC.

Lakeside, California
4.2034
El Cajon, California
El Cajon, California
Jamul, California

Valid dates: May 27, 2019 - Sep 01, 2019
Experience golf at its best on five fully renovated championship courses in pristine condition. This summer, villa accommodations start at just $232/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary Hotel from $404/person/night (midweek).
TPC Sawgrass Experience Golf Package
PARK CITY VACATION DEALS
Stay and Play
Stay & Play Escape at Eagle Eye!
Stay and Play
Stay & Play this Summer at Hawk Hollow!
Featured Content