Carlton Oaks Golf Club
Regular (W) 72 6140 yards 76.3 143
Yellow 72 5684 yards 67.9 125
Yellow (W) 72 5684 yards 73.8 138
Scorecard for Carlton Oaks Country Club
Black M: 75.1/142 445 181 558 510 312 435 211 403 543 3598 483 409 199 611 472 577 368 148 439 3706 7304
Blue M: 72.8/135 W: 79.4/152 394 163 518 438 303 391 198 376 528 3309 433 355 169 574 427 546 347 140 400 3391 6700
Green M: 71.1/131 394 163 502 394 303 362 139 342 505 3104 387 355 169 527 381 546 347 140 364 3216 6320
White M: 70.1/128 W: 76.1/145 382 146 502 394 272 362 139 342 505 3044 387 338 130 527 381 492 311 127 364 3057 6101
Yellow M: 68.1/122 W: 73.9/136 359 136 433 343 250 341 114 326 482 2784 357 312 105 514 371 472 299 118 352 2900 5684
Red M: 65.0/113 W: 70.2/130 343 106 413 322 240 257 98 279 423 2481 300 301 85 434 338 443 274 89 294 2558 5039

Year Built 1958
Architect William W. Mast (1958) Perry Dye (1989)

Really looking good

Carlton Oaks used to be a great course, but it was a little run down a few years ago. BUT the company re-invested in the greens, and is now brining a lot of the course character and beauty back. It's a fun track with plenty of tough shots to test your game. I recommend it. Have fun!

Lacking TLC

The greens and the tee boxes are declining their appearance some what. Seems like every time I play here the high school kids are playing also and most likely are not being told to fix their golf ball divots, it's gotten worse in the past month or so.
The pace was excellent.

Commented On 06/14/2019

Hello Pablo7216916, thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We appreciate your review and hope to see you again for another one soon. Thanks for playing Carlton Oaks GC.

Be up for the challenge

Course is challenging. Lots of uneven footing. Fairways are in good shape. Nice sloping Greens. Overall, a good Track

Commented On 06/13/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Carlton Oaks Lodge & Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Diamond In The Rough

Pete Dye designed course in Santee of all places. There are individual challenges on every hole that make you think. There are some creek beds that’s are now dry but the course is in great condition otherwise. Friendly staff and a great deal.

Commented On 06/11/2019

Chris5716971, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Carlton Oaks Lodge & Country Club.

Great Improvement

The fairways are in a very good conditions, hardly any of the thick stuff all around. The greens are in immaculate shape . The greens are fast and in a terrific shape, unfortunately some of the irresponsible players are going to ruin it for everyone else if they don't keep track of repairing their divots.

Commented On 05/31/2019

Hi Pablo7216916. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

enjoyable course w/plenty of challenge

Pre-booked our round on line. Walked right up to the 1st tee box; no waiting. Light rain on and off, but cleared up. Course is in decent condition. Greens were in good condition; a lot of undulations Enjoyable round.

Commented On 05/21/2019

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Carlton Oaks Golf Club.

Recovering

The course has recovered from the rain and is in good shape. There are still some bare spots, but just move your ball until they recover. One of the best layouts in San Diego County. Friendly staff.

Commented On 05/17/2019

Hi, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating Carlton Oaks Golf Club. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. Thanks for your patience with the recovering conditions and we look forward to having you back!

Inconsistent Greens

There are times that the greens are roll great, but they’ve been very inconsistent with their green speeds. Sometimes they are rolling at a very nice speed, but on days like today, they were agonizingly slow. So slow that I would consider not playing here over another course because I don’t trust that the greens will be a decent speed. If it were more consistent, I would play here more frequently.

Commented On 05/09/2019

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and are sorry to hear the conditions of the greens weren’t completely up to expectations. We aerified our greens 3 weeks ago, and with that process we slowly lower the mower to cut them shorter. This process is necessary to keep the greens in prime condition for the rest of the season, but understand it can be frustrating when they aren’t up to par. We lower our greens fees each time we aerify and throughout the recovery process. If you’d like to discuss your experience further, please reach out to our head pro Cory at cory@carltonoaks.com. We hope you reconsider returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing Carlton Oaks Golf Club.

Potential potential potential

One of the best layouts, somewhat slinks on the front and classic on the back.
Very challenging but fair.
With some simple fixes, like ball washers, fix railroad ties,yardage markers, upgrade bathrooms,
I know money is always a issue but keeping the fairways green and healthy this course good be in the top five in San Diego .

Commented On 05/17/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give Carlton Oaks Golf Club another try in the near future.

Commented On 05/07/2019

Thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round and hope to see you again soon.

Good Course

The greens have just been punched so the putting was a challenge. The course has some leftover damage from the rains, but this is really a great layout and fun to play. There is a reason this was Phil's home course. A great place to get a lesson and improve your game.

Commented On 04/25/2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and your patience while the greens heal from aeration. We hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing Carlton Oaks Golf Club.

Challenging as the rough is thick. Greens were in great condition. A challenging layout. Would play this course anytime.

Commented On 04/15/2019

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again soon! Thanks for playing Carlton Oaks GC.

Challenging course

Everything was great, my only complaint was the price of a beer. $9.00? Come on guys!

Commented On 04/15/2019

Hello, thanks for the feedback! We appreciate your review and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Carlton Oaks GC.

Commented On 04/04/2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear your round with us was anything short of 5-stars. We hope this doesn't deter you for returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing Carlton Oaks GC!

Nice course, needs work though...

Details really, some of the ball washers didn't have handles or towels, some of the tee boxes were just dirt (not dead grass - just dirt); we saw five-somes playing (?) fortunately, they were behind us. This is a nice course, management is complacent though, and needs to attend to the details. Nice clubhouse though and outdoor patio/seating area.

Commented On 03/27/2019

Hello, thanks for the taking the time to leave us constructive feedback. We have forwarded your comments over to our management team for improvements in the future. We hope you consider returning for another round! Thanks for playing Carlton Oaks Golf Club.

Commented On 03/22/2019

Thanks for the great review! Book another round with us soon.

Longest Day of golf ever!!

5 hours and 45 minutes to play 18 holes! 3 hours to play front nine. Back 9 was “faster” because two groups in front of us quit in frustration with the SLOW pace of play after 9 holes. No course “Marshall or attendant” was monitoring the pace of play in the time it took my foursome to finish 18 holes. Recent rains have greened up the grass. Greens did not hold approach shots. I will not be returning.

Commented On 03/22/2019

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next round. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Carlton Oaks Lodge & Country Club, we hope to see you again soon.

SHAME ON YOU - Unprofessional. Unethical. Uncool.

I have NEVER been treated like this at ANY business - golf or non-golf related. Completely unprofessional. I phoned and asked what the 9 hole walking rate would be, I was put on hold while they said "they would ask the pro", they came back on the line and said it would be $27. I said "Great, I'll be there in 10 min." I arrive, go in to pay and explain I had just spoken to someone who told me the PRO said it would be $27 to walk 9. His response, "WE DON'T HAVE A 9 HOLE WALKING RATE!" completely unprofessional and aggressively. Another customer next to me looked at me then looked at the little man behind the counter, not believing his tone with me. I repeated again that the person on the phone told me they confirmed with the pro shop would ask that I pay $27 to walk 9 and it was just 10 minutes ago. "WELL WHO DID YOU TALK TO? WHAT WAS THEIR NAME? CAN YOU PROVE THAT YOU SPOKE TO SOMEONE?" I just laughed and said "Uh, sorry, i don't know all the employee's names, but this is how it played out on the phone... (explaining my conversation)." He said "let me go and ask the pro" (who was sitting in his little office 3 feet away.) He came back in 10 seconds and said it will be $79 to walk 9 holes." I couldn't believe it.
Me: "So you're not going to honor what your course just told me 10 minutes previous?"
Him: "No, we're not."
Me: "So, Im not going to pay $79 to walk 9 holes. I can understand if you can't honor $27, but is there another option?"
Him: "Well, that's the rate to walk 9 holes."
Me: "I'm going to have to go elsewhere if that's your position and attitude."
Him "Go ahead."

What a little unprofessional clown.

I leave, go play at one of the other 200 courses in San Diego, for a much more reasonable 9-hole walking rate and call the course back and spoke to the same person and explain that while I am not at them, this is what they originally quoted me. They apologized, realizing that they were in the wrong, and asked for my number so the pro could call me back to resolve the issue.

NO CALL BACK. Completely unprofessional and unethical golf course.

I will NEVER go back here and will always tell others the same.

I carry a +4 handicap, have played hundreds of courses and have NEVER been treated like that in ANY business. There are SO MANY courses to play locally in San Diego, so why would I ever go back there.

Shame on you Carlton Oaks. Get your act together.

I don't care if you don't have a 9-hole walking rate. If your employees say you do and then say you don't and then act immaturely and rude towards a customer, you're being unprofessional and unethical.

Apologies for any typos - this was written quickly. I don't know the exact date I played even though this form asks you to add one.

good day

we enjoyed our day at Carlton Oaks. good pace of play, employees were working to get course back in shape after the local heavy rains. good day at a good price.

Commented On 03/18/2019

Thanks for the great review! We hope to see you again for another round soon.

Gotta love it

Late in the Daylight Savings afternoon, shadows creeping across flat fairways, revealing their true undulating nature - doesn’t matter what you shoot, does it? Beautiful golf course recovering from a savage SoCal winter... enjoy

Commented On 03/18/2019

Thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again soon. Thanks for playing Carlton Oaks GC.

Lakeside, California

Valid dates: Jun 18, 2019 - Aug 31, 2019
Fling and Swing! Golf Package for 2, includes 1 round of golf for 2 daily, a resort fee applies, 50 USD resort credit per night.
Sewailo Golf Club Stay & Play Hotel Package