View from Carlton Oaks Golf Resort

Carlton Oaks Golf Club

Year Built 1958
Architect William W. Mast (1958) Perry Dye (1989)

Wonderful course

Carlton Oaks. Is a hidden gem in Santee. The course is in great shape. Keep up the great maintenance.

Commented on 03/16/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, angelabouchard! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Carlton Oaks Lodge & Country Club!

Commented on 03/16/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Carlton Oaks Lodge & Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Layout ifs fine but the fairway conditions were pretty bad.

Commented on 03/16/2020

Hi, Edwin3589980. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Carlton Oaks Lodge & Country Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

No marshall?

Checked in at 8:15 or so for an 8:27 tee time. Kid at the front counter cared more about the conversation with the staff than letting us know the basic stuff. Your on the tee, second up, etc.

Had one foursome in front of us and that was all we could see. They weren’t very good but also had poor course etiquette. We didn’t see one Marshall the entire round.

Stopped at the restaurant after nine holes. Close to 11 am. So 2 1/2 hours to play the front nine on a Tuesday morning. Get into the restaurant and all they have are half sandwiches prepared? At 11 am? Really? No hot dogs?

Finished the round under five hours some how. These are all very easy fixes. Hopefully they look into it.

Fairways

Hitting from the middle of the fairway in plain dirt. Fairways not acceptable

Commented on 03/06/2020

Hello, javivi. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Hoping that the Course will be Better in shape

Although I understand the Bermuda grass is dormant and will not grow up in winter, this course overall looks more dilapidated than other equivalent courses in this area. It obviously needs some work on fairways to allow golfers to enjoy shots aiming a pin at least within 100 or 150 yards from greens. I played on Feb 29, 2020 but the poor fairway conditions are no difference from when I played in Sep 2019. I do hope the course conditions will improve.

Commented on 03/06/2020

Hi Tonynst. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Carlton Oaks Lodge & Country Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

lovely round

Pace of play was excellent. course is in good condition. We went out around 7:37. Apparently the few people in front of us were ethier too challenged to bend over and fix their divots or didn't have a divot tool. That would be my only complaint. The staff was friendly and pleaseant to deal with.

Commented on 03/06/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, batray! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Carlton Oaks Lodge & Country Club!

otis

fun place to play, nice course layout fairways are in winter mode even since we are in san diego.
but tge greens are amazing! great speed and tge ball rolls true.
the office staff and course Marshall are totally cool and fun to talk with.

Commented on 03/06/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u000004467600! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Carlton Oaks Lodge & Country Club!

Out of towner

Pace of play today was awful. Just over 5 hours. There was a senior tournament they told me but they played in 3-dimes.
It should NEVER EVER take this long. Luckily I like the course and people so I’ll be back but will monitor this going forward.

Commented on 02/27/2020

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Illinois golfer

Very nice staff. Course was fine ...some tough winter rules lies but if you move it a bit, no real issues.
Nice layout of holes back side especially.
We had fun. I’m a 4 my buddy an 18. Good time.

Commented on 02/27/2020

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Carlton Oaks Lodge & Country Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Muddy fairways-where is the grass

The greens were pretty good. The fairways were non existent...basically mud. Had to search hard to find a small tuft of grass. Terrible.

Commented on 02/27/2020

Hello Hal2145394. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Commented on 02/26/2020

Great day at Carlton Oaks

Course is in good shape greens are fast and roll true .
We had a great lunch afterwards at the bar & grill highly recommend sticking around after you play.
Staff was very accommodating and friendly.
Wish we saw the cart gal more then once during our round., other then that it was a great day at Carlton Oaks..
Get out & play there

Commented on 02/20/2020

Hi Lombardosteve. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Carlton Oaks Lodge & Country Club!

They say it's because it's winter!

I have played this course many times over the years and it has been worse. But given that the winter has been great to play golf in San Diego, this course is not in good shape. Greens okay, but putts don't always roll true. Fairways not in great shape. Bunkers not well kept. Pin placements sometimes ridiculous. No water in ball washers, and tee boxes are sometimes a challenge to find level and good ground. In the past, this course has looked like it cuts corners, and yesterday it didn't disappoint. They don't try hard to make it a good golf experience. I will only play when there's a great $ deal!

It was in horrible shape

It was very sad I played this course years ago and it was beautiful it looks like they’re getting ready to close it down they should not even let you play

So much potential, but not there yet.

I've played this course a handful of times. As the only Dye-designed course in San Diego, it's a great layout. However, the course isn't in great shape. I know they have big goals for reviving it, but in its current form, it's not my favorite place to play in San Diego. My last round here took almost 5 hours, and there were no marshalls on the course.

I saw that it was a Dye course and figured I'd give it a shot. The course layout was great but the course is no longer being maintained there was almost no grass except for the greens and tees.

Commented on 02/20/2020

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Carlton Oaks Lodge & Country Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Very good layout for a walk.

Although not a true Pere Dye design, the course presents many of the characteristics and wiil challenge any 75 year old hitting from the white tees. No matter what conditions you play this couse under, you'll have a lot of fun.

Commented on 02/13/2020

Hi neardesprings. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Carlton Oaks Lodge & Country Club.

Commented on 02/13/2020

Thank you for the 5-star review!

Commented on 02/06/2020

Lakeside, California

Valid dates: Apr 04, 2020 - Sep 30, 2020
Here at Coachman's Golf Resort we pride ourselves on the high quality of magnificent golf, superb amenities and outstanding service that we offer our valued customers.
Featured Content