Windsor Golf Club

Year Built 1989
Architect Fred Bliss (1989)

Carts Yes - $8 - $16

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard, American Express, Visa

Restaurant

Banquet Facilities

Great day of golf

There was smoke in the skies but great grass on the ground to play golf!

Best track

I play between 90-100 scores and this course definitely allows you to get better. Very challenging yet forgiving in some areas. My favorite course in Sonoma county

California Advisor

Glad I Made the Drive

My first time playing Windsor was well worth the two hour drive for me. I played with some buddies a couple days before they shut down the course due to COVID. Course was bustling on a Saturday morning but pace of play was fine. I really enjoyed the course, as it wandered in and out of oak trees and wide open flattish areas. Course was in pretty good shape

If I am ever back in the area, I will definitely try to stop in and get a round in

An Absolute Gem!

I just moved to Windsor from Santa Cruz CA about 6 months ago and boy did I luck out on this place. I am used to playing Monterey bay courses(Bayonet, Black Horse, Del Monte, Poppy, etc)(No... I haven’t played Pebble yet;/) and the local Santa Cruz courses(Pasitiempo, DeLaveaga and Seascape) so.... needless to say, I was a little concerned about what kind of courses I would be close to. Well, I live 5 minutes from Windsor Golf Club and this place is pure! Greens are consistently great, the whole course drains really well in the raining season, staff is extremely welcoming and the layout is legit! I mean..... it used to be on the Nike Tour and I’m pretty sure they still have a couple LPGA events out there. There are a great group of guys on the men’s club out there that I have had the pleasure of playing with and there not cliquey like you’ll find in some places. In fact, my wife just gave me the green light to join the men’s club and the yearly membership which is very reasonable for what you get. I have not had a bad experience out there. As a cherry topper, I got grouped up with some caddy’s from Mayacama out there and they said that it is one of there favorite tracks. Enjoy!!

This is a fun and fair course to play.

Windsor has been my home course for years. While not a long course it constantly grabs your attention. The shots into the green on virtually every hole is always very interesting and often challenging. I love playing there.
On the other hand, the greens tend to be a bit on the slow side and the fairways tend to have a lot of quack grass at certain times of the year and the sand seems always to be wet while some spots on the fairway seem to be dry in the summer.
Overall thought I would rate the course a 3.5 to 4 out of 5. I love playing there and always have fun!

Getaway to the WIne Country

Man can not live by wine and bread alone,(and throw some cheese in there also) he must challenge the outdoor elements. If you are coming to Northern California's Sonoma wine country make sure you bring your sticks. There are some fabulous golf options and at very reasonable prices. Windsor Golf Club is one of them and it's centered in the heart of wine country. Come with your spouse, friends or a bunch of buddies.

good condition poor layout

Condition was nice good fairways/rough/bunkers.
Greens rolled good a little slow about 8 stimp.
Design is really poor a forced punch shot on a par 3. A couple time i hit trees in back swing on take away from black tees, needs some tree trimming for sure.
Very nice area and practice areas, better design and place would be 5 star.

The course looks to be very well keep ⛳️

My only complaint is having to leave a $5.00 deposit for the cart key.

Well kept course at Windsor

I love love love Windsor Golf course. It has everything a golfer could want. Beautiful well kept course (even during a drought) staff is courteous (all of them) food at snack bar is get. Charlies restaurnst has some of the best for I've had.
The only hiccup in an otherwise perfect score for Windsor is pace of play. But it's not just Windsor who suffers from SLOW pace of play its 95 % of the golf courses. The marshals are told not to get groups to speed up pace.
The problem lies in the players. Speed up people. If you're holding up the group behind you let them play through. Don't take 10 minutes or more looking for your lost ball. It's why we carry extras.
Treat other golfers as you would like to be treated... Such as do you like waiting 15 minutes at every hole? No then don't make others wait. Do you get crazy when your waiting and you see the group ahead looking for a ball for 15 minutes? Or worse they are down in the creek filling up their pockets with lost balls. Taking 6 practice swings before every shot. Talking on their cell phone while in play rather than wait for time between holes. Because there will be a wait between holes unless we as golfers start to pick up the pace. For peets sake we are not on the PGA. Tour so your shot is not going to win you a million dollars.
Go out have fun and please everyone pick up the pace

windsor is good

Windsor has always been a good course. Good points.... challenging. Fairways in nice condition. Greens run fast. Grass driving range gives you a good feel prior to your game. Putting green very nice.
Bad points...... price is above average. I expected to be but if you do that, I expect the following... clubhouse.....never had a greeting and eye to eye contact. It was like paying for gas. I feel if you go outof your way to play at your course, I should feel welcomed. Give me you undivided attention and appreciate me as a guest. It just ddidn't happen. Next, I hate it when any ball cleaner devise is empty. Three were. Its the simple things. Food... simple choices and pricey. The restaurant is excluded from that. It was great on its own. No food cart.
overall.....just make me feel above average if your charging above average. Nice course.

Commented on 02/02/2015

Windsor does have a food cart

Healdsburg, California