Bonaventure Golf Club

Bonaventure Golf Club (formerly known as Bonaventure Country Club) is a classic Florida layout with holes routed through strands of mature palms and hardwoods, and around numerous water hazards and expansive bunkers. This course, designed by Joe Lee, is also called the Green Monster. Some people call it the Cascade Course because of the waterfall on the picturesque 160-yard, par-3 third. This signature hole has a waterfall that stretches across the front of the green.
Bonaventure Golf Club
Scorecard for East
Black M: 73.7/133 570 349 175 465 395 173 549 415 429 3520 538 430 184 403 425 373 581 182 428 3544 7064
White M: 71.5/130 540 320 158 410 360 160 495 391 410 3244 476 410 163 375 405 355 540 169 415 3308 6552
Blue M: 69.2/125 523 305 149 397 344 154 473 383 393 3121 466 393 155 365 388 345 511 155 393 3171 6292
Gold M: 67.5/124 406 299 149 328 344 150 435 375 296 2782 411 372 148 352 330 325 424 151 340 2853 5635
Red W: 70.7/129 395 273 134 320 237 143 427 369 285 2583 401 302 140 345 290 315 410 145 321 2669 5252

Year Built 1970
Architect Joe Lee (1970) Greenway Golf (2012)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Bonaventure Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover, Amex Welcomed
Dress code Casual

Wow awesome course condition!!

I was playing more than a 40 courses around the Florida but I'm surprised now. Value price /performance was a huge. Thanks for perfect shaping green's 1*

Good Golf Course, Great Value

Nice course, well looked after. Planning to play again during our stay.

Good course. Slower than usual

We usually play a round in 4 hours. Today was almost 5 hours and the ranger couldn't seem to get that group moving.

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 10/03/2018:
Thank you for the great review, we appreciate the feedback. Please come back and see us again soon.

Way way over promise and under deliver

I should have known from the 3 1/2 stars they had. After reading some reviews and the information listed about the course I thought I’d give it a shot. It was cheap and now I know why. The course info says over 3 million dollars in improvements....where? Maybe the hole layout plaques. I get out of my car and remember it saying “New carts with GPS”....definitely not New carts and definitely no GPS on the carts. I asked the “bag guy” and he had no idea what I was talking about. I go inside to pay and ask the guy at the counter and he says “yeah if you plug your phone into the cart....” ARE you serious? So the course respond is bring your own GPS and plug it in huh? Talk about misrepresentation and misleading. So when I got to hole 1 to tee off which is adjacent to the driving range. I tee’d off and where there is supposed to be a net protecting you from errand shots from the range is a net all mangled and not doing anything. As I’m looking for my ball in the rough I just about get smoked from a ball from the range. Net not doing no good all hung up. The course info said the “famous Hole 3 with a waterfall” got to that hole and the waterfall isn’t falling. No water. There were mowers out basically making the course worse....we just had over 3 inches of rain and the mowers where slipping the grass everywhere. Overall probably one of the worst experiences I’ve had on a course in Florida and I’ve had soe pretty bad ones.

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 09/13/2018:
Thank you for your honest review, we are sorry to see that your round was less than par at Bonaventure Golf Club. Thank you for coming out and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Very nice course

Great price from Hot Deals, at 10am t time. Course was in good condition, can’t complain. If I were to knit-pick, some sand traps could use some fine tuning, a few greens had some burned spots. Good thing is I stayed out of traps and the pin placements were good so never worried about rough spots on outer portion of greens. Greens rolled nice, not too fast, not too slow.

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 08/25/2018:
Thank you for your honest 4-Star review, we appreciate the feedback and your patience as the course is transitioning into the Summer months. Thanks for coming out and we hope that you will give us another try in the near future.

Bonaventure Golf Course

Really like this course. Very long and challenging .

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 08/25/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your challenging round today. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.
Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 08/03/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review! Please come back and see us again soon.

Great value

Course conditions vastly improved .Very friendly staff

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 07/30/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions and our excellent staff. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Still needs work

Greens still need some work, Are rough, lot of bad spots, weeds etc. rest of course, fairways, tee boxes are fine. Enjoy the layout, especially 3rd hole par 3 over a waterfall and lake. Long course, even from blue tees. Wish they could get greens in a little better shape, still great value for money.

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 07/18/2018:
Hello. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.
Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 07/12/2018:
Hello, Caesar. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Bang for the buck

This is a great course for the money. Not many others on the course and we were able to get out early. I would play it again.

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 07/11/2018:
Hello. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we're glad that you enjoyed your tee time. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.
Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 07/11/2018:
Hi, Terry. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review, and we're glad you enjoyed the course. Please join us for another round soon.

Excellent Layout

The layout of the course is nice. Went on a Friday and we had no issues with the pace of play. Greens we're good and rolled nice with the exception of about three that had isolated brown patches. Bunkers were kept nice as well. Would definitely play again and be prepared to lose a few balls in the water.

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 07/11/2018:
Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We're glad you enjoyed your tee time, and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Bonaventure

For the off season price of $27.00 a real bargain. The course needs work. I played this track 30 years ago and it was in my mind a premium course. Not so much now. Seems that there are some new (recent) owners and working on improvements slowly.

People very nice. Bad news a hotdog is $10.00 ! But it did come with fries!

Pro shop weak. High handy cap players may want to bring a lot of golf balls. A lot of water.

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 06/22/2018:
Hello. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We're glad that you've come back to see us after 30 years, and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

This course is great for price

Played a round at 1pm and finished in 3.5hours. Following a wet and rainy south Florida week, the course was in good condition. Very playable. 90* rule in effect but, no unplayable areas.

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 06/05/2018:
Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.
Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 06/05/2018:

This course had went down hill

Came to this course in 2015. It was in much better shape then. I loved hole 3, a par 3 over a water fall and was looking forward to playing here again on our next trip to this area. My Father and I were very disappointed in the condition of the course this time. Greens had just been aerated a few days before we played but were still in horrible shape. I remember the fairways were like carpet but not even close this time. Landscaping around Club House and Resort were in very poor condition as well. The only good thing I can say this time around was that the staff was friendly.

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 05/18/2018: