Bonaventure Golf Club

• 200 Bonaventure Blvd, Weston, Florida 33326, Broward County
  • www.golfbonaventure.com
Write Review

Year built: 1970
Architect(s): Joe Lee (1970), Greenway Golf (2012)
Type: Resort

GPS: Yes

Golf school / academy: Yes - "Bonaventure Golf Academy"

Dress code: Casual
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Discover, Amex Welcomed

Bonaventure Golf Club (formerly known as Bonaventure Country Club) is a classic Florida layout with holes routed through strands of mature palms and hardwoods, and around numerous water hazards and expansive bunkers. This course, designed by Joe Lee, is also called the Green Monster. Some people call it the Cascade Course because of the waterfall on the picturesque 160-yard, par-3 third. This signature hole has a waterfall that stretches across the front of the green.

Location is convenient to the city   Great for advanced golfers locals   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks

"Still needs work"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2018

Greens still need some work, Are rough, lot of bad spots, weeds etc. rest of course, fairways, tee boxes are fine. Enjoy the layout, especially 3rd hole par 3 over a waterfall and lake. Long course, even from blue tees. Wish they could get greens in a little better shape, still great value for money.

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 07/18/2018:

Hello. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

caesaresperanza's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2018

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 07/12/2018:

Hello, Caesar. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

"Bang for the buck"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2018

This is a great course for the money. Not many others on the course and we were able to get out early. I would play it again.

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 07/11/2018:

Hello. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we're glad that you enjoyed your tee time. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Terry5213329's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2018

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 07/11/2018:

Hi, Terry. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review, and we're glad you enjoyed the course. Please join us for another round soon.

"Excellent Layout"

eyesthegame's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/22/2018

The layout of the course is nice. Went on a Friday and we had no issues with the pace of play. Greens we're good and rolled nice with the exception of about three that had isolated brown patches. Bunkers were kept nice as well. Would definitely play again and be prepared to lose a few balls in the water.

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 07/11/2018:

Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We're glad you enjoyed your tee time, and we hope you join us for another round soon.

"Bonaventure"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2018

For the off season price of $27.00 a real bargain. The course needs work. I played this track 30 years ago and it was in my mind a premium course. Not so much now. Seems that there are some new (recent) owners and working on improvements slowly.

People very nice. Bad news a hotdog is $10.00 ! But it did come with fries!

Pro shop weak. High handy cap players may want to bring a lot of golf balls. A lot of water.

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 06/22/2018:

Hello. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We're glad that you've come back to see us after 30 years, and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

"This course is great for price"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2018

Played a round at 1pm and finished in 3.5hours. Following a wet and rainy south Florida week, the course was in good condition. Very playable. 90* rule in effect but, no unplayable areas.

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 06/05/2018:

Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

jking711's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2018

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 06/05/2018:

"This course had went down hill"

Delorean626's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2018

Came to this course in 2015. It was in much better shape then. I loved hole 3, a par 3 over a water fall and was looking forward to playing here again on our next trip to this area. My Father and I were very disappointed in the condition of the course this time. Greens had just been aerated a few days before we played but were still in horrible shape. I remember the fairways were like carpet but not even close this time. Landscaping around Club House and Resort were in very poor condition as well. The only good thing I can say this time around was that the staff was friendly.

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 05/18/2018:

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2018

All greens being aireated.

No water in any ball wash.

Bathrooms dirty

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 05/18/2018:

"Great Layout"

alinweston57's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

If the condition of the course was as good as the layout, this could be a gem. Unfortunately the condition was very poor.

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 05/10/2018:

"Decent course"

PRETTYBOYROY93's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2018

Great course to play with friends but a bit to much water so if your not a skilled golfer you will lose a good amount of balls. The course layout is nice butfor the price of the course id expect the greens and fair ways to be better maintained. Patches and weeds grown on the greens and they are exceptionally fast. The 3rd hole water fall is a breath taking view; and overall its a great course but gets 3 stars.

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 05/25/2018:

Hello, Roy. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

"this course went down hill"

borist912's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2018

Greens were full of brown spots and holes. Lots of puddles on the fairway. This used to be a really nice course. What happened?

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 05/04/2018:

gilleslafortune's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 04/30/2018:

"Course in rough shape"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2018
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

Without the GolfNow rate, it would've been $50 to play here at 2 in the afternoon. Course is pretty torn up, driving range looks terrible and they seem to just let players go where ever they want. On #10 we had 5 carts come up behind us. Groups would cut in front of us. Quit after 16, between waiting on almost every shot and course conditions were not worth it.

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 04/25/2018:

Hello. We're so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your round. We are working to improve course conditions, and we will share your comments with our staff to make any necessary corrections. Thanks for visiting us.

jsterlingf's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2018

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 04/27/2018:

Hello. Thanks so much for taking the time to review the course. We're sorry the course conditions did not meet your expectations. We are working to improve the course conditions. Please give us another opportunity to change your mind about our course.

"Terrible conditions"

juantodero's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2018

Greens are very bad, fairway in very poor condition.

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 04/27/2018:

Hi Juan. We're so sorry that the course conditions weren't up to standard. We will share your comment with the appropriate staff to make changes and improvements. Thanks for choosing Bonaventure.

"This course needs to be taken care !!"

Rayspec07's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2018

I played there 10 years ago and ...... what happened?!

It was let down ! Fairways are like playing on hard ground most of the time . Green are bumpy because there is a mix of turf and weeds !!

I will not go back ! It as so deteriorated in 10 years , it is very sad !!

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 04/27/2018:

Hello Ray. We are sorry to hear that your visit didn't meet your expectations. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to change your mind about our course. Thanks for choosing Bonaventure.

"Worst shape of any S. Florida course"

GaryGlass's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2018

This used to be such a beautiful wonderful course. There were no people doing maintenance on the course the entire day. No beverage cart. I've been there a few times recently when the snack bar wasn't even open. Worst greens I've ever seen. Mountain courses in Colorado have better greens in April than those guys do. They've just totally let it go. For $15 it would be a good deal. But even at that rate, a five and a half hour round is not worth any price.

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 04/27/2018:

Hello Gary. We're sorry that your experience didn't meet your expectations. We are working to improve course conditions, and we will share your comments with our staff to make any necessary corrections. Thanks for visiting Bonaventure.

"one big cow pasture"

lylemilstein9164's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

years ago there was a course in Miami called Fountainbleu it was considered like playing in a cow pasture.. today i was reminded of that course by Bonaventure which is in the worst condition I have seen and I have played there at least once or twice a year for the last 20 years... there was fallen trees and branches that had fallen in the last hurricane (Sept. 2016) that were still on the sides of the fairways.. the tee boxes were uneven and worn.. there was crab grass everywhere, and the greens were bumpy, and had crab grass in spots also.. I wouldn't play here again if you paid me $50... it was a terrible waste of time as you couldn't putt on the greens, it was hit or miss.. I have lived in S. Fl. since 1962 and have played almost all the courses, including some private, Turnberry, Westin hIlls and Grand Oaks, I still consider Jacaranda the platinum standard.. way better than almost all the others. I will never ever play Bonaventure again and I wouldn't be surprised if it is plowed under for more apartments and houses and it sure looks like it is being neglected which is one step away from that happening... again stay away save your money.. if I could have given it minus 4 stars I would have...

Response from Bonaventure Golf Club on 04/15/2018:

Hello Lyle. Thank you for visiting us at Bonaventure Golf Club and taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear that your experience didn't live up to your expectations. We will share your feedback with our staff and make any corrections or improvements. Any feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your future experiences at our course. Thanks again for choosing Bonaventure Golf Club.