Green Mountain National Golf Course

Green Mountain National Golf Course
Yellow 71 5115 yards 65.1 123
Yellow (W) 71 5115 yards 72.8 133
Scorecard for Green Mountain National
Black M: 72.1/138 513 412 402 439 183 510 151 361 449 3420 423 385 394 173 356 466 374 204 394 3169 6589
Blue M: 70.2/133 494 391 381 406 152 492 145 352 419 3232 396 350 379 157 326 437 359 169 371 2944 6176
White M: 68.7/128 443 387 369 391 127 471 124 348 399 3059 372 319 375 131 317 390 313 153 358 2728 5787
Yellow M: 66.5/128 W: 72.8/133 439 310 369 391 127 467 120 272 399 2894 276 339 281 127 317 390 309 149 358 2546 5440
Red W: 68.9/128 377 306 334 351 105 395 79 265 310 2522 271 253 276 104 252 351 259 133 319 2218 4740

Year Built 1996
Fairways Bent
Greens Bent
Architect Gene Bates

AWESOME

My wife and I played Green Mountain for the first time. We have Golfing Magazine so had a buy one get one free pass. What a deal...This course is a fantastic golf course and in great condition. The people were very friendly and helpful. The scenery is amazing. Do yourself a favor and play this course. It is easily worth double what we payed. We will be back!!!!!!

Green Mountain National is Vermont Gold

Tucked in the gorgeous mountains of Killington, Vermont, this track is a gem if you're looking for a spectacular setting with a challenging, yet fair golf course.

We started off at the driving range, enjoyed hitting a few moderately priced buckets (I think $7 for large) and also used their size able chipping and putting practice greens.

We played mid afternoon and the pace of play was fine. The course doesn't have houses bordering each hole like you see at most other high end club courses. The bonus being the view from each tee box and fairway is camera worthy. The course offers all you can handle from the back tees and plenty of fun from the other tees our group enjoyed. There are some elevation changes, a bit of water comes into play, but at every turn the beauty shines.

After the round, we enjoyed tasty burgers and wraps in the what looked like a renovated clubhouse. The staff from bag drop, check-in, to cart service and clubhouse were cheerful and fun. Looks like everyone enjoys their job and why wouldn't you at Green Mountain National.

Poor weather

Great fun even in the rain

A couple of my buddies and I had booked a trip up to Killington and this round was included in our stay. We had a 9am tee time, and when we woke up it had been raining pretty steadily. We called the golf course to make sure we could go out and Pat in the pro-shop assured us that she would do her best to get us out. As it was still raining, we were the only ones on the course so naturally I cannot speak to the pace of play. That being said this course was an absolute dream to play. Everything was supremely manicured and even though there was steady rain through the first nine holes, the course drained beautifully. The greens were like glass even despite the rain. Built on the side of the mountain, there are a fair amount of blind shots with plenty of elevation change. A little bit of course knowledge would go a long way to help cope with these types of shots. We rode but the course is potentially walkable. Very rarely on the course do you see another hole and I can only imagine the scenery on a sunny day, let alone once the leaves start to turn. Without question one of the nicest and most fun golf courses I have played and is definitely worth the trip.

June Mountain Golf

This golf course is one of the prettiest my wife and I have ever played. In the northeast winters can be very harsh and it was on this course's fairways. Many winter kill spots, which the staff apologized for, but still more green grass than brown. The greens were in excellent shape and rolled true. This course is set in two valleys of the Green Mountains near Killington, VT. We are from Wisconsin and wish it were closer. This course is not for the novice golfer. Many undulating lies in the fairways and the greens have of lot of break and undulations. When we played they were rolling to about a 10 on the stimpmeter. During the round we saw a coyote and two adult foxes and a kit. This course is a real gem in the Rutland/Killington area. For the price a bargain. We would go back in a heart beat. If in the area is course is a must play.

tough course

Really nicely maintained course with lots of challenging holes. Lots of blind approaches and elevation changes make this course a true shotmaking challenge.

Beautiful Curse in the Mountains

Got up early morning in Killington, Vt. (Killington Grand Resort), and snow was on the ground. :( But when I got to GMNGC some 5 miles down the mountain..... 15 degrees warmer, sun out and bright, and the most perfect day for golf in late October. Just about had the whole course to myself... :) Well, there was a few other folks on the course. I can't wait till next "SUMMER" when I'll come back to enjoy this course. LEJ

Great views

The course was in great shape except for the fact that the greens had been aerated but not over dressed with sand. It made putting difficult. The views were spectacular. You'll play every club in your bag.

great course

a must play when in the area. always in great condition. I have had issues with customer service in past, but this trip excellent service across board.

Great in the fall

Not only is the scenery fantastic in the fall, but the course was in excellent condition. Very fun to play - wish we'd had the time to play it more than once. Good course for all levels.

Great conditions

This is a great challenge from back tee !! Greens are fast. I realy like that !

Killington, Vermont