Knollwood Golf Course

Back (W) 72 6373 yards 77.1 113
Middle 72 5963 yards 68.9 119
Middle (W) 73 5963 yards 75.3 129
Forward (W) 73 5714 yards 73.1 126

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for locals walkers advanced golfers   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks

"Great Course, horrible pace of play"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/02/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I had played here once before and enjoyed the course. Thought it was a good challenge for me. The first time I played here, I was one of the first groups out on the course, so pace of play was not an issue. This time however, it was a mess. They are one of the few courses around that allows groups of five. I had two groups of five in front of me who were 2 holes behind causing a massive pile up. On top of that, the majority of the people playing the course were play from the back tees and had no business playing from the backs given their driving distance, causing further delays. I will not be going back here, which is really unfortunate.

"Not worth the money"

andrewbyron's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/10/2017
Used cart Perfect weather

In a nutshell, the course has a great layout but it is completely trashed and not worth the price of admission.

"Bad pace of play!"

jackh4247's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/22/2017

This course is ok but they always overbook. It took 6 1/2 hours to finish 18 holes due to waiting on every hole. They also book many groups of 5. Don’t think I would go back.

"Great value for what we paid"

LNDDAME's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/19/2017

First time we have golfed here. Took offer from Golf Now. Lots of trees yet many wide open fairways. The fairways grass was pretty thin and partly just green weeds. The out of bounds areas were not too bad for finding the ball most of the time. The greens had quite a bit of grass shavings on them. You could see lots of foot prints that appeared to be due to frost but there was no frost it was mid 80's. Upon closer look you can see it is a layer of grass shavings. Maybe the fairways will be better after the winter weather. Played 18 holes in 4 hours.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/12/2017

"Hidden Pleasure"

aapone's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/10/2017

For a Los Angeles municipal course you couldn't ask for more. It's a pleasure to play this we designed course that is intertwined amongst the homes of Granada Hills. Nice elevation changes as well as thought out doglegs to some challenging greens. The greens are better than average but could be a bit faster for my liking.

All in all, you can't go wrong in giving this track a go. Book it!!!

"Slowwwwwww"

Jblev19's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/03/2017

If you’ve played here before you already know. The pace is slow, it’s always slow! Played my first twilight round here hoping for something different but unfortunately that wasn’t the case. Besides the pace everything else was pretty good. Always like coming to play this course just gotta get it sped up. Probably could use a couple of Marshalls to help speed it up!!! Also the guys in the pro shop checking people in should really learn to smile and be nice. Always so grumpy. I mean really you work at a golf course , lighten up

"Beware on the weekend"

606060's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2017

Three hours for the first nine! My round started out with the course adjusting my single start time by 30 minutes from 2:30 to 3:00 (I was not advised by the course or GN prior to arriving) .The pace of play was ridiculously slow. This was further complicated by the course allowing a 5-some. Needless to say I didn't finish the round, we only got in 12 holes. Additionally, this course is notorious for changing a Golf Now T-time single offer, it's happen to me a few times.

sunbbang1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2017

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2017

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017

"Too Slow"

tgolf2's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/16/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

This is a nice course, however always plays so slow. I am not sure what to say, hard to get in a groove when you are sitting around. I had hope Wednesday would allow for a better experience and now know why I only play here about once a year. The back 9 was even slower and only played 13 holes.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017

"So slow..."

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2017

Didn't know this was a course with a players club but if I had known then I wouldn't have come here. Tee time for 9:30 with a 6 hour round is not acceptable. I expect that pace of play around twilight but not in the morning.

"You can crawl faster to the 9th hole"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

course is in decent condition and starter was very friendly. People I joined to play with were good guys. What was horrible was that it took 2 hours to play 5 holes and I asked couple of the usuals and they say, yep it takes 5.5 to 6 hours to finish this course. I will never play in this course anymore. People were generally not friendly and hard to approach, as it was my first time and I reached out to get some course knowledge. I left at the 6th hole and went home. They should never book so many people and there should be course enforcers not to play double balls when there people waiting. I was behind 2some and 4 some on every hole and sometime we were catching another 3some. The group ahead of me were driving less than 100 yards and were playing from blue! Go figure.

"Challenging & peculiar"

N6766J's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2017

Played here for the first time with my son (his 40th birthday present), Driving range is two-tiered (mats only) and IRONS only. Ball machine on lower level hidden from view.

Most fairways were lush as was the 1st cut of rough. Lots of places to lose balls.

Tee boxes were lush and not divot-marked. There were a few where a level stance was almost impossible

Greens were fast and did not hold well (freshly sanded). Narrow fairways and narrow gaps to aim your tee shots. Many of greens were tapered on the skirt and the balls rolled right off the putting surface.

My son thinks that the track should be changed to make 10-18, 1-9 and vice versa. Hole #1 is the toughest hole on the course. Seems that #10 would be a better introduction to the course and the back a better way to start your round before facing a very tough front nine.

Good value on GN that included lunch (choice of deli sandwich, breakfast burrito or hot dog, non premium drink and chips.

Staff at the pro shop were okay, but seemed a little distracted. Starter was confused when we didn't show up with a cart key.

Pace of play was 5 hours. At times there were three foursome sitting at the same tee waiting. The threesome ahead of us had lunch at the turn, so we skipped passed them and finished about 15 minutes ahead of the pace of play.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2017

"Never play this course!!!"

ParStarRob's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2017

Sorry this a long review but this course should not be played by anyone that wants to enjoy a round of golf. This course cannot seem to get its act together and after the poor management support due to the ill mannered 10 man group in front of us, we not only couldn't enjoy our round it felt entirely unsafe from the 6th hole until around the 14th. Because this course allows for groups of 5, a group booked back to back for 10 and then there was a gap of two or three starts for another 3 people. They tried to consolidate their group, but the starter refused and kept everyone in their assigned booking. The 3 people were so angry about not being able to join their group they left. When we caught up to the group around the 6th hole, we went up to apologize and let them know we had no control over the start problem and we never complained (we were just sitting in our cart watching the drama but didn't dare get involved - it was VERY heated and contentious). Anyway, our apology wasn't allowed, and they blamed US for stopping the group from playing together, which we wouldn't have cared. They were very aggressive towards us from that point, where the 10 would all tee off together and putt out together, virtually slowing things to a crawl. They wanted to punish us for something we had no control over, had they just tee'd off I'm sure we could have shifted around out on the course, but we can't control the starter. After the turn the troublemakers eventually slowly dropped out and the group whittled down from 10 to 5 by around the 14th (I guess they couldn't handle their own slow pace!). We had complained to the management at the turn, but NOBODY came out to talk to anyone. Because of their aggressive push back when we wanted to apologize, we had no desire to engage them further since they were not nice. We weren't going to be bullied off a golf course so we played to finish, but it made for a very unpleasant day with alot of stress. When I complained to the manager he offered a free round but I wanted my money back!!! This course was already being tested to see if the pace would be decent and all this other drama added in, why would I come back even for free? I called to request a refund afterwards since nothing happened from my first request, and have still not seen a refund or heard back from the manager after leaving a voicemail. I will never play this course again, will discourage ANYONE from playing here especially on weekends (in addition to groups of 5 seems its just full of hacks that don't know what they are doing).r - Balboa/Encino is just down the street and is a much better golf experience in the public courses overall. Whatever you do, don't play here since it will take you 6 hours to play, and if you complain they won't do anything to move things along. If they wonder why they need to beg people to play here, maybe if we all stop they will read some reviews and fix it! Course is way too nice to keep away the better golfers, but you won't find anyone playing here after they play here once, especially on a weekend.

"Beautiful layout badly maintained !!!!!!"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2017

Round took 6hrs 5 mts , most time ever in the 15 years i have been playing this course , they continue to allow 5 players which is ok , but without a good marshal to keep players moving , this will continue , actually i don't think i even saw a marshal , and the times i have seen them they just drive by anyway, greens were good but fairways were in poor condition considering the rain we had .

"WILL NEVER GO BACK!!"

oakhurst's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Well let me just say if you would like to play a 4 hour round do NOT go there we were in a five some it is not acceptable! the round was FIVE HOURS PLUS just the worst experince some one should loo into this but I guess the money is what is more important... I will let all my friends and family to stay far a way so they don't spend the day out there!!!!!!!