2.3

Available Sports

Tennis

Virginia Advisor

Decent Track for a Quick Nine

I was vacationing in the area and didn’t have a whole lot of time to play and this was the only public course nearby that I could find.

The conditions were ok, I don’t live here so I don’t know how to compare it to others in the area but there were several bare spots on the greens and some soggy fairways but overall the conditions were playable.

I only played the front nine so I can’t speak for the entire layout but from what I saw it was solid despite the lack of any elevation changes that I’m used to in Virginia. There was a good variety of holes with different angles and distances requiring all sorts of clubs and shot shapes.

The staff was very friendly and even recommended I jump ahead of a large group of beginners and come back around to finish up and this saved me considerable time. The course was pretty full when I left around 1pm so pace of play isn’t amazing but seems to move along ok.

Practice facilities were a bit disappointing--I didn’t even bother with the putting green as it was nearly half bare. There were plenty of water points on the course and it appears easy to walk though I rode for convenience’s sake.

Overall not a bad track but without playing others in the area, I doubt my opinion will have much weight with the locals. For those of you like me who are just passing through, manage your expectations and I’m sure you’ll enjoy yourself out there.

Diamond in the rough

Open 7 days a week. I've been through this area many times for work but I didn't realize this course was there. Best public course on the Northshore by far and it's the oldest. Great service and course was in excellent shape. Fairways were like carpet and greens were slick and rolled true. I really liked how the back 9 was totally different from the front. Great challenge for all levels of play. I will definitely be stopping to play here more often. They even have twilight everyday. Who doesn't love saving some cash.

Poor weather

Front 9 polar opposite of back 9

As the title says, the front 9 plays a little tougher than the back 9 but the landscape is the big difference. The front is tight and low where the back is open and high. Because of this, the front stays wetter longer after a rain. It's a nice course that can be challenging for all skill levels. The 2 main downsides are a lack of a driving range and lack of a restaurant on site. I don't recommend Monday mornings as they can be pretty crowded. Overall, it's a decent deal for the money.

Mandeville, Louisiana