Belle Terre Country Club in La Place was carefully carved from the beautiful swamps of southeast Louisiana. The name, translated from French, means "beautiful land," a title that the terrain certainly lives up to. Pete Dye designed the golf course, utilizing the existing water features and mature trees to craft a layout that is both challenging and scenic. The back tees stretch to 6,849 yards, which will challenge the seasoned player while the forward tees make the course accessible for beginners. Water comes into play on 10 holes and there are also several strategically placed bunkers. Belle Terre Country Club boasts a nice mix of holes that will test a variety of different skills, from long holes where you can grip it and rip it to short, tight holes that demand accuracy.

Scorecard for Belle Terre
Gold M: 73.6/133 379 424 170 550 183 363 526 403 444 3442 406 423 490 168 369 530 166 448 407 3407 6849
Blue M: 71.5/127 367 384 147 517 165 342 488 398 429 3237 376 396 481 152 331 492 162 404 377 3171 6408
White M: 69.1/121 340 375 133 497 132 313 462 363 360 2975 351 370 449 118 314 446 144 359 364 2915 5890
Red W: 71.7/122 332 295 102 436 116 295 415 292 352 2635 341 358 434 111 301 438 132 312 347 2774 5409

Year Built 1982
Architect Pete Dye (1982)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Laying conduits

Course condition was a bit off today due to rewiring projects. Normally the course is in very good playing condition.
I play this course often so i am bound to run into off days due to required work projects needed for maintenance

All wet

Course was soaked. Pace and conditions were poor because of weather conditions. Cart path only. There were puddles even on some greens. Course probably should have been shut down. I play this course often and it"s usually a great experience.

Course was a tough course.

Enjoyed the golf course. It was tough if you didn’t keep the ball in the fairway. The course was in good shape on greens and fairways. The water holes made you manage the course. This was the first time my friend and I played the course. We definitely decided to come back.

Beautiful weather

Excellent day for golf. Pace a little slow being a Saturday. Course in pretty good shape considering some previous rain. Couple of greens sandy from repairs but overall a terrific golf day experience. Will be back for another round on Tuesday.

A must play.... will play there a lot more. Going very soon again. Excellent course.

Hi there,
Thank you for the awesome review! We are so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time here at Belle Terre, We can't wait to have you back here!

Greens very nice/some fairwat not so

Weather played a fsctor in this but the usual nice fairways on some holrs wwere muddledb.c. withy h ehsass t appeared to be maintenance vehicle tire trscks tearing up the grass.

Hi there,
Thank you for reviewing our course. We will take your concerns into consideration and look at these conditions. Thanks again for playing Belle Terre and we hope to see you again soon!

God's country

Loved it,had fun,played well and had my girlfriend as a caddie.perfect!

Hi there,
Thank you for your review! We're glad that you could enjoy your time out here on our course. We hope you come back and play again soon!

It was only half good.lol

I only completed 9 holes. The rain got me again!! I still enjoyed Play in belle terre. The bell of LaPlace......

Commented On 10/02/2018

Hi there,
Thank you for taking the time to review the course! Thanks for coming out and playing and hoping the rain doesn't stop you. We hope to see you again soon!

Rain out

Course was wet. We completed just 2 holes. Got stuck in cart when GPS malfunctioned in anothet rain storm that came down. Called it a day.

Good course

Front 9 tee boxex in great shape; back 9 could have used cutting. # 16 green never seems to grow in. But enjoyrd my round as usual. Love coming to this course.

Commented On 10/02/2018

Hi there,
Thank you for taking the time to review our course! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round and that you keep coming back for more. Thank you for the feedback on the back 9 and will look into this. Thanks again!

Warm Summer Day

Tee off early, it's hot in south Louisiana.Course is in realy good shape. Some of the greens were recently punched and running slow. Great layout always enjoy playing here. Can't wait to go back.

Commented On 07/27/2018

Hi there,
Thank you for taking the time to review our course. You're right it is HOT, so playing early is a great strategy. We're glad you had fun out here can we can't wait to have you back! :)

Great fairways

Play this course all the time. Best fairway conditions I've ever seen there yet. Most geens were very good; a couple had some sandy spots that were being improved. Several back nine holes had their sprinklers on; I tee'd off just before noon. Recommend course to everyone. Enjoy!!!

Commented On 07/27/2018

Hi there,
Thank you for reviewing our course! We're happy to hear you had a great afternoon out here. We appreciate you playing with us and we hope you visit again soon!

Great layout but greens need work

Golf Now has some excellent deals at Belle Terre so I try and play this course at least once a month. Due to a hip injury back in March, It had been nearly three months since I played this course. Although the greens at Belle Terre are rarely in great condition they are normally in good enough condition to make playing this course enjoyable. Unfortunately not this time. The greens had very little grass on them and what grass they did have came in patches. The condition of the bunkers, fairways and tee boxes were acceptable. Although some additional sand in the bunkers would be nice. I will not return for even a $20.00 green fee (with cart) until they can get the greens back into good shape.

Commented On 06/29/2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our course. We're disappointed to hear your experience here wasn't great. If you would like to discuss further, please call the pro shop so we can assist you. Thank you again and we appreciate your business.

Fast play

They let me tee off on 10 in order to avoid being stuck behind a large group. Fairways in good shape, greens need work.

Commented On 06/29/2018

Thank you for reviewing our course. We're sorry to hear we missed the mark on your visit. If you would like to discuss further please contact the proshop and we will assist you promptly. We value you as a customer and we hope we can make this right. Thanks again.

It's been in better shape

Walked in on a Sunday morning and paid $55 to play. Staff was friendly and went about playing the course as I have many times ( Hadn't played it in roughly 1-2 yrs). I was playing with a buddy and was advised there was a foursome and a twosome before me. My buddy and I waited and gave ample time for the others to get off the first tee and we began to play.

On about the 3rd hole, the twosome in front of us was forced to go around the "foursome" which was really 6-7 golfers playing together. My buddy and I stayed behind them for two holes, expecting them to let us play through, they didn't. We skipped around them on #8 and proceeded to play at a good pace until we ran into a log jam of two foursomes and a threesome. The course would greatly benefit from having a Marshall, especially on the weekend.

The front 9 was "OK" and was in fair shape, but the back 9 was rough. 3-4 greens were covered in sand to the point that they were unputtable. (picture included). Yes, I've heard that the "winter was rough" (other courses have greens that are in better shape) and that the greens were "vandalized" which is understandable, but let guests know that.

This course used to be the best in the area and has been down for a while now. Worth a try (best layout in the River Parishes) but I'd give them a call before making the trip to see if the greens issue has been fixed.

Commented On 06/22/2018

Hi there,
Thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are working to fix the issue and yes please call the pro shop with any issues you have. Thanks again.
-Belle Terre Country Club

Commented On 06/22/2018

Thanks for your review. We're sorry that our course didn't do it for you. We hope that we can make it right so feel free to contact us in the pro shop with any issues .

horrible greens

Greens were the worst I've ever seen them. Give this course some time to heal.

Hi,
Thank you for your honest review. We are working hard to repair what needs to be done.
Thanks again!

Great layout, friendly staff, rough greens and hard fairways.

Great layout and the course could be spectacular if they had the money to keep it up. Greens were in very rough shape, fairways and tee boxes were very hard. But you go to every hole and think what could be if they had some resources. Hopefully something will happen that will turn the course around. It may be one of the best layouts in the city.

Hi there,
Thank you for your review! We're glad you liked the layout and we are continuing to fix things that we're aware of. Thanks again and hope to see you back here!

Sologolfer

I really enjoyed the round , I never seen another golfer.
They have bad problem with greens a few were sanded to the point of not being able to put , a lot of patches.
The fairways were good.
I really like the course beautiful layout.

Hi there,
Thanks for your honest review. We appreciate all the feedback we get from our guests. We will review to make the course more enjoyable next time.

Thanks again!

La Place, Louisiana
Hahnville, Louisiana
Destrehan, Louisiana
Luling, Louisiana
Avondale, Louisiana

Valid dates: Jun 25, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
TPC San Antonio offers you the chance to play two championship golf courses that have hosted several PGA TOUR and PGA TOUR Champions events and is home to several PGA TOUR pros.
Texas Tees Package
Lone Star Stay & Play at TPC San Antonio
TPC Las Vegas Summer Special
Championship Package at TPC Sawgrass
Latest Articles
Metro Detroit's best public courses
Articles
Golf tournament pro-ams: a primer
Articles
The days I fell in love with golf (a Cool Golf Memory)