Belle Terre Country Club

Carts: Yes - included in green fee

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Belle Terre Country Club in La Place was carefully carved from the beautiful swamps of southeast Louisiana. The name, translated from French, means "beautiful land," a title that the terrain certainly lives up to. Pete Dye designed the golf course, utilizing the existing water features and mature trees to craft a layout that is both challenging and scenic. The back tees stretch to 6,849 yards, which will challenge the seasoned player while the forward tees make the course accessible for beginners. Water comes into play on 10 holes and there are also several strategically placed bunkers. Belle Terre Country Club boasts a nice mix of holes that will test a variety of different skills, from long holes where you can grip it and rip it to short, tight holes that demand accuracy.

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for locals seniors advanced golfers   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks watching the game

"Warm Summer Day"

Rickjanis's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2018

Tee off early, it's hot in south Louisiana.Course is in realy good shape. Some of the greens were recently punched and running slow. Great layout always enjoy playing here. Can't wait to go back.

"Great fairways"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2018

Play this course all the time. Best fairway conditions I've ever seen there yet. Most geens were very good; a couple had some sandy spots that were being improved. Several back nine holes had their sprinklers on; I tee'd off just before noon. Recommend course to everyone. Enjoy!!!

"Great layout but greens need work"

SGarcia2's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Golf Now has some excellent deals at Belle Terre so I try and play this course at least once a month. Due to a hip injury back in March, It had been nearly three months since I played this course. Although the greens at Belle Terre are rarely in great condition they are normally in good enough condition to make playing this course enjoyable. Unfortunately not this time. The greens had very little grass on them and what grass they did have came in patches. The condition of the bunkers, fairways and tee boxes were acceptable. Although some additional sand in the bunkers would be nice. I will not return for even a $20.00 green fee (with cart) until they can get the greens back into good shape.

Commented on 06/29/2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our course. We're disappointed to hear your experience here wasn't great. If you would like to discuss further, please call the pro shop so we can assist you. Thank you again and we appreciate your business.

"Fast play"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/21/2018

They let me tee off on 10 in order to avoid being stuck behind a large group. Fairways in good shape, greens need work.

Commented on 06/29/2018

Thank you for reviewing our course. We're sorry to hear we missed the mark on your visit. If you would like to discuss further please contact the proshop and we will assist you promptly. We value you as a customer and we hope we can make this right. Thanks again.

"It's been in better shape"

weekendhacker30's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Walked in on a Sunday morning and paid $55 to play. Staff was friendly and went about playing the course as I have many times ( Hadn't played it in roughly 1-2 yrs). I was playing with a buddy and was advised there was a foursome and a twosome before me. My buddy and I waited and gave ample time for the others to get off the first tee and we began to play.

On about the 3rd hole, the twosome in front of us was forced to go around the "foursome" which was really 6-7 golfers playing together. My buddy and I stayed behind them for two holes, expecting them to let us play through, they didn't. We skipped around them on #8 and proceeded to play at a good pace until we ran into a log jam of two foursomes and a threesome. The course would greatly benefit from having a Marshall, especially on the weekend.

The front 9 was "OK" and was in fair shape, but the back 9 was rough. 3-4 greens were covered in sand to the point that they were unputtable. (picture included). Yes, I've heard that the "winter was rough" (other courses have greens that are in better shape) and that the greens were "vandalized" which is understandable, but let guests know that.

This course used to be the best in the area and has been down for a while now. Worth a try (best layout in the River Parishes) but I'd give them a call before making the trip to see if the greens issue has been fixed.

Commented on 06/22/2018

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are working to fix the issue and yes please call the pro shop with any issues you have. Thanks again.

-Belle Terre Country Club

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2018

Commented on 06/22/2018

Thanks for your review. We're sorry that our course didn't do it for you. We hope that we can make it right so feel free to contact us in the pro shop with any issues .

"horrible greens"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2018

Greens were the worst I've ever seen them. Give this course some time to heal.

Hi,

Thank you for your honest review. We are working hard to repair what needs to be done.

Thanks again!

"Great layout, friendly staff, rough greens and hard fairways."

cwsurprenant's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/24/2018

Great layout and the course could be spectacular if they had the money to keep it up. Greens were in very rough shape, fairways and tee boxes were very hard. But you go to every hole and think what could be if they had some resources. Hopefully something will happen that will turn the course around. It may be one of the best layouts in the city.

Hi there,

Thank you for your review! We're glad you liked the layout and we are continuing to fix things that we're aware of. Thanks again and hope to see you back here!

"Sologolfer"

millerboy's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2018

I really enjoyed the round , I never seen another golfer.

They have bad problem with greens a few were sanded to the point of not being able to put , a lot of patches.

The fairways were good.

I really like the course beautiful layout.

Hi there,

Thanks for your honest review. We appreciate all the feedback we get from our guests. We will review to make the course more enjoyable next time.

Thanks again!

"Great time at Belle Terre"

JaredL54's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2018

Was first time playing this course. Definitely will be going back again and again! Staff was more than friendly. Was treated like a regular from the start. Looking forward to my next tee time. About the course. It was challenging, but fair to all level of player.

Hi there!

Thank you so much for the review! We're glad you had a great time out here and keep on coming back!

"Disappointed"

AlPal1400's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2018

I checked advisory listed for the course

I was aware of 90 degree cart rule

No mention of the greens being treated

There was as much sand on the greens as there was in the traps

Hi there,

Thank you for your review. We're sorry we missed the mark and will take your feedback into consideration when looking at the course. We hope you give us a second chance!

Thanks!

"Hit and Miss"

TwillDog1's avatar
New Orleans Advisor

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/06/2018

Belle Terre Country Club is not a bad course, but it is not a great course either. I've played here numerous times and every time I play it seems there's one thing or another going on with the course - there's something that leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Today it was inconsistent green speeds and textures. Holes 1-6 were slow and hairy; the rest were faster, including several holes on the back which were almost bare and very slick. However, today, the bunkers featured what I have to say is the best sand I've seen on any course in the area. Unfortunately, this is normally the case at Belle Terre.

In Laplace, LA, a city far enough away from the greater New Orleans area that is feels a world away, it's a solid 20-30 minutes west of downtown normally. It sits in lowlands and has a swampy feel to it, particularly on the front nine. There isn't much movement to the earth and it features mostly push-up greens, several of which were redone a few years back. The back nine feels a bit higher.

There aren't many forced carries. There are just enough areas to bail out or land if you aren't brave enough to make a forced carry.

The last 2 holes are probably their feature holes and both are solid golf holes anywhere. Both par 4's, they are as good a pair of closing holes as you'll find.

One of the questions this questionnaire asks is wold your recommend it to someone. I said yes, but with trepidation. I've been back to play it, so I'm not opposed to the course. Simply saying it's not the best test of golf, and due to it's location, I'd probably not recommend it much. It's more worthwhile to stay closer to town. That said, it's not a bad trip out of town, and I've seen it look pretty nice on occasions.

I did not pay the actual rates as I played this round with my traveling club.

Hi There,

Thank you for the honest review. We're sorry to have you disappointed in our course. We hope you can give us another chance or recommend to people in the area.

"Needs some work"

4MyGolf2's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2018

Belle Terre is still one of the area's best courses but some attention needs to paid to the bunkers and greens. While some are up to "par", others make scoring more difficult.

Hi there,

Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate the feedback and we will take that into consideration. We hope to have you back here for a second chance.

"Course in great shape"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2018

I was really impressed with the conditions of this course. Greens are in great shape. Around the greens look really great as well. Fairway is a little firm and the grass is not quite their yet. I will be returning soon. Staff was very helpful being our first time playing.

Commented on 04/25/2018

Hi there,

Thank you for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your time here at Belle Terre. We're also happy to hear you had a positive experience with our staff. We can't wait to have you here again!

"Awesome course"

Benobione's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2018

Staff was great

Driving range was awesome

Course was great, couple hard spots on fairway

Greens were the best I’ve played in a while

Layout was awesome. Great course

Commented on 04/25/2018

Hi Benobione,

Thanks so much for your review! We train our staff to be the best and we're so glad you thought so too. We hope to see you out here soon!!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/22/2018

Commented on 04/16/2018

Thanks for your review!

"Even better"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/15/2018

Course improvements have increased overall play experience. Improvements on drainage the most obvious. Fairways could use some additional grass but that should come in with summer. Greens were fine ---hard and mostly fast. The best course in the area. Play there every other week; would play weekly if i could.

Commented on 03/28/2018

Hi halbrown27,

Thanks so much for your great review! We have worked hard to improve the course and we are thrilled you saw these improvements. Come back any time, we're happy to have you play.

"Belle Terre review"

Pgtiger1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/02/2018

Greens were the nicest I’ve seen them in a long time. There have been some good changes going into the course and it can only get better. The $18 green fees are a steal.

Commented on 03/28/2018

Hi Pgtiger1,

Thank you so much for the kind review. We've been working hard to improve our course and we're glad you noticed. We love to keep our customers happy and coming back for more. We hope to see you back here!

-Belle Terre Country Club

"Great day for golf"

Rickjanis's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/26/2017

Have played Belle Terre quite a few times now and they send to get the course in better shape each time. The greens are on great shape and each hole has it's own challenges. Temp was in the 40's and very windy but course played like a nice summer day. Staff was great and guys in the pro shop are very informative and helpful. Can't wait to go back for another round.

Donnie8217616's avatar