Grand Ridge Golf Club is tucked away in the swamplands of St. Charles Parish, La. This scenic course is dappled with towering cypress trees and ancient oaks draped in moss. There are enough challenges on the golf course to keep the beautiful backdrop from being too distracting though. Water hazards come into play on 10 holes and the tight fairways are lined with trees. You'll need to have accurate drives in order to put you in a good position for the approach to the equally challenging greens. The golf course is a fair test that is player friendly enough to appeal to low and high handicappers alike. Grand Ridge Golf Club's signature hole is the par-5 15th. This tough 515-yard hole starts off with a tee shot over a pond up a narrow, tree-lined fairway.

Scorecard for Grand Ridge
Blue M: 73.8/140 433 518 427 172 428 120 498 382 384 3362 408 410 216 545 175 538 425 389 385 3491 6853
White M: 72.1/136 365 495 380 152 401 109 471 360 370 3103 375 396 181 525 150 515 405 353 365 3265 6368
Yellow M: 70.5/132 W: 74.0/130 345 475 360 145 370 95 415 325 360 2890 365 350 165 488 135 489 375 335 346 3048 5938
Red W: 73.4/128 335 464 350 135 315 85 401 293 352 2730 359 340 154 430 125 413 325 305 336 2787 5517

Year Built 1968
Fairways Bermuda
Greens Bermuda

Vastly Improved Course Conditions

My previous round at Grand Ridge was about 18 months ago. At that time the course was in deplorable condition. Greens were bad and bunkers were all full of weeds.
Today showed me how hard the Grand Ridge team has been working on the course. The greens had only a few bad spots which were caused by our current weather. Other than that they rolled very true. The fairways were in great shape as were the bunkers.
The staff was very friendly and engaging.
I’ll definitely be back.

It’s getting better

This course is coming together very nice. The greens are in excellent condition

Renovations

EXCELLENT can not wait until renovations is completed

This course dosent drain well

I really like this course. But today after rain 2 days before was really sloppy and the greens which are usually top notch were pretty shaggy. I'll be back!

Commented On 08/05/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the course is important to us. With the recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens from the water on the course. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Grand Ridge Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Need work

The greens were just aerated but believe they will roll well. There appears to be a lot of work on the course being done. The fairways are poor with many bare spots.

Commented On 07/22/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We strive for a 5-star experience, so we welcome your feedback. We work hard to maintain the course for everyone's benefit, which means aerifying the greens as part of our regular maintenance schedule. The greens will be healed soon and in pristine condition. Please come back soon for the 5-star experience you expect at Grand Ridge Golf Club.

Fun course

Staff was excellent. Course in good shape, a few bare spots but hardly came into play. Greens were fun and rolled well.it was very hot so hardly anyone was there so played at my pace.
Will be back

Great course in great condition

First time playing this course and I enjoyed my round. Caught some rain before the back 9 and sat it out until it passed and course was still in great condition after the rain. The greens are well kept up. Great course to play.

Great Time

Greens are in excellent shape. Fairway grass coming in good. Drainage has improved greatly.

I Love This Course

I love this course. It is not fancy but the narrow fairways make it a challenge. Hardly ever crowded. The staff are doing a great job getting the course in shape.

Rick

Greens in excellent shape. Fairways grass coming in nicely. Continuing to show great improvement.

This course is coming along tremendously! They are doing tons of work to this course. Before to long, in my opinion, this course will be one of the nicest, toughest and funnest courses to play around there Nola area. Greens rolled pure! One of the beat courses to play for the price. As most course around the Nola area are over priced anyway!

Grand Ridge

Greens in excellent shape. Fairway grass growing in nicely.

grand ridge is rapidly improving!

this golf course has been improving at an alarming pace. the greens are as good as any in this region of SE Louisiana. the real improvement lately has been the fairways which have grown green and lush almost overnite.

Positive Progress

They are making great progress in getting the course to be better.
The fairways are in rough shape but hey are working them and you an see the progress each time you play.
The tee boxes were being worked on as well, but its positive progress for the future.
The one and most important improvement to me is their greens, to quote Tony the Tiger..."THEY"RE GREAT!!!!

Commented On 05/23/2019

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We are glad you noticed our projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, but we are getting there. We are glad to see you rated the rest of your visit to be great during your round. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Grand Ridge Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Skip the honey-do-tasks

It is worth the fee and time to skip the honey-do-tasks, and enjoy a round of challenging swings to par...birdies will fly away...but pars are available....take the CHALLENGE...YOU WILL LOVE IT...

Shaping up

This place is really coming together the greens ar very nice

Best greens

Best greens in nola area. Plenty improvements over the last year. Traps repaired, fairway grass growing in, tee boxes improving and the greens are fabulous. You can tell that this course is really being cared for. Great layout . Tough test of golf. Course winds through a swamp/ neighborhood. Plenty wildlife and natural south Louisiana beauty. Well worth the price of admission !

A work in progress

Although I can't highly rate the course, I must admit that there is a considerable amount of renovation being done and this promises to be a much-improved golf course in the near future. The best aspect is certainly the greens. They are in prime condition. There is even sand in the bunkers! The tee boxes are being resurfaced as are the fairways. I applaud the workers and look forward to playing once the "new" course is finished.

Commented On 05/20/2019

Hello 4MyGolf2, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Grand Ridge Golf Club. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course but are very sorry to hear that your recent experience with us was not the 5-star experience we hope to provide. We greatly value your feedback and will continue to make the necessary improvements to your overall experience with us. We hope that you would give us another chance to show you how we're improving the course and hope that you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Destrehan, Louisiana