The Bluffs Golf and Sports Resort enjoys a beautiful setting tucked away amid mature hardwood forests. Creeks freely meander throughout the golf course, interconnecting with the sparkling ponds that can be found throughout. The layout is an Arnold Palmer design that takes advantage of the hills, bluffs, and hollows of the varied landscape. You face uneven lies and a few blind shots thanks to the terrain but you'll also get scenic views of the surrounding area. Accuracy is important to have but it's not an overly punishing layout if you happen to be errant. The golf course has a challenging start with an uphill par 3 as the opening hole. Another memorable hole is the par-3 eighth, which features a 50-foot drop to the fairway below. It's both an intimidating and beautiful hole.

The Bluffs Golf & Sports Resort

Year Built 1988
Architect Arnold Palmer (1988) Ed Seay (1988) Nathan Crace (2006)

Fivesomes Allowed Yes, after 1:00 PM

The bluffs

It was definitely a great time amazing course to play. Will most definitely be back !

AP Must Be Rolling Over In His Grave

Greens have come back very nicely. Overall course condition however, is “rough” at best. We caught it for $40 on a weekend morning and unfortunately I don’t believe it’s even worth that. What a shame, as this is undoubtedly the most interesting course layout in the state of Louisiana.

Commented on 09/25/2019

Hello Tsarra1. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

What happened to the bluff

Course is not in great shape. Last time I played it was over 10 years ago. Greens are poor,bunkers need more sand, fairways are hard and dry.

Commented on 09/17/2019

Hi, u314159608699. Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing and the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing The Bluffs on Thompson Creek. We hope to see you again soon.

It’s a tough challenge for me a beginner dug we had fun

Very good grass cut right only one green was rough

Bluffs review

Course is in great shape except approx 4 or 5 greens on back 9 needs some work. Will play again soon.

What has happened?

I played this course about 10 years ago. It was in great shape. When I played it a couple of months ago, it was a totally different course. Greens were not in good shape, grass in fairways was not good, tee boxes were in bad condition. Just not the course I remembered.

Used to be incredible

Driving the course you can really tell how incredible the course used to be.. One of the first problem I ran into being a first time player, the second hole has her shortened and therefore I did not have proper yardage on 18 birdies app. About half the greens were in terrible condition, many bunkers have been removed . Need to save this course before it gets too bad.

Poor Greens

While the course layout is great and the off course extras are very nice the greens were in poor condition. Most of the greens had large dead area, no grass at all.

Disappointed

It pains me to write this review. I was living in St. Francisville when the course opened and have played it countless times. It was always a favorite and I have come back often from out of state to play it and have recommended it countless times. But the condition of the course was awful. There was no grass on most of the greens and what grass there was was spotty. The fairways were burned. There was a constant gnat swarm for 18 holes. I hope someone takes over and restores this course. I came 5 hours to be very disappointed in the conditions.

Commented on 06/03/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review The Bluffs Golf & Sports Resort. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years but are very sorry to hear your recent experience with us may have been poor due to the course conditions. We greatly value your feedback as we work towards any necessary improvements, and hope you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

First Time; Upsetting

Very upset with the conditions, wish I would have been told the greens were under construction and being fixed. Did not want my first time at this course to be like that for as much money as we paid. Just had very high hopes because of all the talk around this course. And I was let down some of the bunkers didn’t even look like sand and just overgrown. And it hasn’t rained in over week no excuse for the way the course looked this morning. Will be a while before I go back and will wait for a report to see if everything is back to how Everyone says it’s supposed to be because all I have heard is how beautiful and awesome this course is supposed to be.

Commented on 05/28/2019

Hello William. Thank you for taking the time to review The Bluffs Golf & Sports Resort and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to improve to the quality we are known for. Thanks for visiting us!

With the changing ownership of the Bluffs it just needs a little love.... The course was great and I feel the staff is doing what needs to be done to bring the Bluffs back to its glory days! My favorite course around the Baton Rouge area. The greens were fine and you can’t find the awesome hilly terrain many other places. Thumbs up !

Nice Course

The fairways were not in good shape but the greens were,

Course is coming but.....

This golf course is starting to come around as the greens were much better than the last time I played it 3 months ago. However the Food and Beverage offerings that use to be wonderful are non existent. The pro shop staff is in need of training as well.

Impacted by rain

I was pleasantly surprised by the condition of the course despite the overnight rain. The course was cart path only and most sand traps had some standing water as well as on some fairway areas but the greens were in pretty good shape and true. Cart paths are a little rough but that is a result of tree roots and the trees are important to the layout of the course. The rolling hills, ravines and water hazards make for a challenging yet rewarding experience. Except for the lack of balls at the driving range everything was good.

bunkers lacking

bunkers need alot of attention, we just didnt evenplay out of them because of lack of sand and so many rocks. greens rolled good, fairways were nice, would play again but play out of bunkers. this is a $38- 45.00 course unless bunkers are addressed then maybe 45-55 dollars on weekend, jmo

Commented on 02/12/2019

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review us, The Bluffs on Thompson Creek, and for the 3 stars. We're sorry to hear the bunkers may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round, and we appreciate your feedback regarding them so we may work on any necessary improvements. However, we're glad you received a good value for your round and felt that other parts of the course, such as the greens and fairways, were in good condition. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Not bad at all for the price

Don’t know why this place is getting a bad rep, it’s an amazing course especially for the price is you wait till it drops. Yes some of the greens were horrid from damage, but not horrifically bad, the fairways were great, the sand was a little harder than desired but not too bad. The layout is the best in the Baton Rouge Area, hands down. I play in zachary and BR a lot at all the public courses and the layout (sand, hazards, and angles) are stellar here.

Greens need improvement

Greens are in bad shape. Fairways could be better. The price is way to much for the course condition right now.

Commented on 06/24/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the price of our course is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round, and we appreciate your feedback regarding the greens so may work on any necessary improvements. Thank you for playing The Bluffs on Thompson Creek. We hope to see you again soon.

Not worth the money

Flyers from the fairway. Bunkers unplayable. Greens uncut and slow. This was a fundraiser tournament and it was horrible. Love the layout, but you have to maintain the course. Now a par 71 instead of par 72 because of flood waters from Thompson Creek. Course was in terrible condition. I won’t go back until I hear the conditions have improved. They’re charging too much for the conditions on the course. BREC maintains they’re courses better. For those who don’t know, those are public courses in Baton Rouge, La.

Clinton, Louisiana